[D&D 3.5 high-level evil campaign] Project Blackguard

Started by Autocad, December 01, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:30:09 PM
And your friend matters zilch compared to any of the others in anyone's mind except your own, is what I'm saying. There's five of us (plus the GM) who would happily welcome anyone...or any two...replacements, if you're unwilling to play alongside someone you didn't pre-approve for a game you're not running.

Exactly, he matters in one mind where the others matter in none
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

At this point I'd prefer any of the others before him, on a matter of principle. You've already as good as said you want him in so you two can go off and play your own sub-game apart from the rest of us, so why not do that without pointlessly excluding someone?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:33:34 PM
At this point I'd prefer any of the others before him, on a matter of principle. You've already as good as said you want him in so you two can go off and play your own sub-game apart from the rest of us, so why not do that without pointlessly excluding someone?

Now where did I say that? You already pointed out how sexually dysfunctional our group is. I'm just seeing to my own desires being met. Just reviewing the DM's preferences I see our desires are not incredibly compatible.

Your cute when you get so serious.

TheGlyphstone

Condescension when you can't argue in good faith anymore? That's mature. 8-)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:42:32 PM
Condescension when you can't argue in good faith anymore? That's mature. 8-)

Not dressing the actual point I made? Prefect arguing. Really so far all I'm seeing is that you want to oppose my desire for no other reason than just because you can.

TheGlyphstone

I made my opinions very clear at the beginning . You didn't like them, so you chose to ignore them.

Autocad will be able to decide next time he reviews the thread...I think I've made my position very clear, and you've made yours - and your conduct as a player whether or not you get what you want - clear as well.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:48:50 PM
I made my opinions very clear at the beginning . You didn't like them, so you chose to ignore them.

Autocad will be able to decide next time he reviews the thread...I think I've made my position very clear, and you've made yours - and your conduct as a player whether or not you get what you want - clear as well.

If you felt your opinion was made so well at the beginning, Why did you continue?

TheGlyphstone

Because I had hoped you'd be reasonable about the issue. I was proven wrong, so I'm cutting my losses.

Time to step away and see what Autocad says, we're done here...well, I am.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2012, 08:55:01 PM
Because I had hoped you'd be reasonable about the issue. I was proven wrong, so I'm cutting my losses.

I'm not sure how I'm not being reasonable. We both have our opinions on the matter, seldom do arguments ever sway a persons perspective.

Autocad

I'm probably not looking for more players at the moment. Co-dm's, on the other hand, would be quite welcome, if you are still interested.

Zaer Darkwail

You heard him, so no more players in (nor anyone getting replaced expect by sudden RL situation which would render them unable to post).

I work char today piece by piece when I can. So far I have build him as either Rogue 3/Bard 2 or Rogue 2/Bard 3 base before entering Chameleon. Going for changeling rogue alternative class features from Races of Eberron (quicker gather info, quicker sense motive/mood, taking 10 to all social skill rolls).

Another alternative is Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 3 so I have solid roguish scoundrel combat base but bardic music gives lots of variable uses with right feats (and able do minor magic stuff outside chameleon caster powers is nice and so is bardic lore to able blend in to my roles).

So kind undecided what I should be before entering Chameleon as you can qualify from most classes enter it. Only must haves being 8 ranks in bluff and disguise asking rogue (or bard) levels somekind.

TheGlyphstone

You're not going for the classic Factotum 8 entry?

Kimera

Hmmm....can't decide, should I let the glabrezu fight with its natural weapons or let it wield a weapon(s)

TheGlyphstone

If you go with the former, get a Necklace of Natural Attacks from the Savage Species online update article so you can 'enchant' your natural attacks with special qualities (as opposed to the Amulet of Mighty Fists, which can only do that in Pathfinder).

Kimera

Right

You need to buy an extra enchantment for every type of natural weapon right (claws, pincers, bite...)

TheGlyphstone

QuoteCaster Level: 3rd; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft
Magic Arms and Armor; Market Price: 600 gp, plus the cost
of the enhancement bonuses, multiplied by the number of
natural weapons affected. A +1 necklace of natural weapons
that affects one natural weapon costs 2,600 gp; if the same
necklace affects six natural weapons, it costs 15,600 gp.
Weight: —.

But it only takes one item slot.

Kimera

True

Just wanted to make sure

I assume we have the standard starting money for 12th lvl chars?

TheGlyphstone

Kimera

Ok, that necklace can become quite expensive pretty fast.

Also, I probably will need a trinket of some kind to disguise/polymorph the huge demon  ;D

TheGlyphstone

Once we get active in play, I can make you a Skin of Proteus for at-will Polymorph (well, Metamorphosis).

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2012, 08:28:18 AM
You're not going for the classic Factotum 8 entry?

Take levels in factotum and then enter Chameleon? True, that has really nice merits. Also makes entry requirement easier to shuffle through and the cunning surge is kickass. Thanks for the tip :). I had forgot that class and I had wanted try it long while.

TheGlyphstone

Factotum rocks. ;D

Combos real nice with Chameleon too, letting you imitate multiclass characters even before you get the Double Aptitude ability.

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, I likely dip one level as rogue though with changeling variant to able take 10 on Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy, Gather Info and Sense Motive (and collect intel in 1d4x10 minutes than 1d4xhour and make full emotional reading as full round action than 10 minutes). So he was social savy changeling before entering to Factotum and then having just single level in chameleon. At 20th level I take second level in rogue to get evasion (quite bit delayed deal).

I thinked to take Combat Panache feat. Would fit very well for my char combat tactic.

Kimera

Actually I've never heard of the factotum class. What book is it from (just being curious)