Monster Girls (D&D 3.5) Grab your Monster Manuals and Savage Species!

Started by ulthakptah, November 09, 2011, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 10, 2011, 01:11:07 AM
Ok, any rules/guidelines regarding monster hunters then? Starting level and gear? I do not ask competitive builds either but overall more fun builds.
I don't think I'm going to worry about character creation yet. Not even sure there will be players as monster hunters. Seems like the monster girls are against that right now anyway. I probably won't even pick a starting level for the monsters until I know what the highest level adjustment in the group is going to be.
Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 10, 2011, 01:17:44 AM
Im interested as well. And don't worry I tailor this to more fun spells then most. start me off at level 6 and Im good to go.
Level six really? I take it you want to be raped badly. Since one starting as an Erinyes they are probably going to all be starting above level 10.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, if no monster hunters.....then is there posibillity for monster guys or is this girl only then? As said I am interested on monster hunter. But I could roll also with monster guy if everyone want to be monsters.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, is this monster ok; a tauric (lion) half-fiend male catfolk?

Tribalz

I presume the thread's full, but if there's ever a spot, I'm more then willing to slide in to keep the story moving!
Ons & Offs

Also, appologies to anyone RP'ing with me. It's been a -very- merry Christmas! ^^*

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 10, 2011, 01:54:39 AM
Ok, if no monster hunters.....then is there posibillity for monster guys or is this girl only then? As said I am interested on monster hunter. But I could roll also with monster guy if everyone want to be monsters.
Maybe a non-spellcaster human would be funny to have travel with the monster girls.

Quote from: Tribalz on November 10, 2011, 04:25:11 AM
I presume the thread's full, but if there's ever a spot, I'm more then willing to slide in to keep the story moving!
There are only three monster girls, so plenty of room still.

Tribalz

Ons & Offs

Also, appologies to anyone RP'ing with me. It's been a -very- merry Christmas! ^^*

ulthakptah

Quote from: Tribalz on November 10, 2011, 04:48:43 AM
Well! In that case...What monster girls are there already?
Really bothers me that you would rather ask and wait for a reply then just check the measly 3 pages of this thread for your answer. I started updating it in the first post.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 10, 2011, 04:32:41 AM
Maybe a non-spellcaster human would be funny to have travel with the monster girls.

Sounds fine to me :). Do the girls have any preferance for looks, class, background ideas etc for the odd human male standing out among monster girls?

ExisD

I'm not sure if it came across before, but I'm not opposed to hunters at all. I just don't want my character permanently captured or killed.

If it comes down to actually fighting I would think everyone is mature enough that we could either agree on a winner and loser out of character or find some way to balance the power discrepancy, such as gear or the environment. I think the weaker human beating the vicious monster is enough of a trope to justify that.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 10, 2011, 01:29:26 AM
I probably won't even pick a starting level for the monsters until I know what the highest level adjustment in the group is going to be.

Well, an Erinyes with all six levels in the Fiend of Corruption prestige class would be ECL 22. ^^; Given the massive Racial Hit Dice and Level Adjustments some of the playable monsters have, I think that actually sounds like a pretty good starting point.  It'll give even, say, an ECL 19 Fire Giant girl a chance to personalize herself a little, and it'll help lessen the blow to monsters like Vampires that have an unreasonably large LA.

ExisD

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 10, 2011, 09:31:03 AM
Well, an Erinyes with all six levels in the Fiend of Corruption prestige class would be ECL 22. ^^; Given the massive Racial Hit Dice and Level Adjustments some of the playable monsters have, I think that actually sounds like a pretty good starting point.  It'll give even, say, an ECL 19 Fire Giant girl a chance to personalize herself a little, and it'll help lessen the blow to monsters like Vampires that have an unreasonably large LA.

The problem there is a level 16+ PC is way more powerful than a single monster of those ECL's. Going by CR, usually not the best idea, guidelines one PC is a CR (PC's level + 2) challenge. I also wouldn't mind the monster hunter being given extra gear to even out fights(in my case amulet of protection from evil and a holy bane weapon would do a lot for getting rid of my strengths).

I also wouldn't want to have all six levels at the beginning of the game. That way there's room to grow.

NicciKotor

I would like to join! Need to look through savage species once more, but would a Ghaele count?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, +16 level PC's would be quite strong. But I had thinked he is perhaps 16 level aristocrat with lots magic junk :P. Not that scary accompany monster girls.

But up to GM suppose decide what is exact level. I do not ask to be equal CR or level to monster girls. Perhaps max 10 or so.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ExisD on November 10, 2011, 09:38:55 AM
The problem there is a level 16+ PC is way more powerful than a single monster of those ECL's. Going by CR, usually not the best idea, guidelines one PC is a CR (PC's level + 2) challenge. I also wouldn't mind the monster hunter being given extra gear to even out fights(in my case amulet of protection from evil and a holy bane weapon would do a lot for getting rid of my strengths).

I also wouldn't want to have all six levels at the beginning of the game. That way there's room to grow.

I also got my math wrong, since an Erinyes would need a level in a class with a good Will save in order to qualify for Fiend of Corruption. ^^; But okay, so an Erinyes with one level in Fiend of Corruption would be ECL 18.  Or Nicci's choice of a Ghaele would be ECL 20, which also seems like it would be workable.  Either of those would be fine by me.

Now I just need to decide whether to have My Little Imp be an Ur-Priest or an Assassin...

ExisD

I would probably choose warlock as the extra class to have, though an extra outsider HD would also make it work. It isn't the best class, but I like it.

Kunoichi

I'd pick Marshal, myself.  That Motivate Dexterity aura is the sort of thing adventurers would sell their souls for. :P

Edit: Though, seeing as we're both Devils, perhaps our in-game relationship would be that my character works for yours?

ExisD

That could be a possibility, though I think in character she'd pick Charisma aura first. She'd want to avoid fighting whenever possible and charisma is much more useful for day-to-day activities. It would also make her the perfect 'speech writer and aid' for any major politician or merchant in the area. Though if we're going with idea 2 the dex aura makes much more sense.

As for working together, certainly.

Kunoichi

Ah, that certainly makes sense.  And adding an Erinyes' massive Charisma twice to Charisma-based skill checks should certainly give her quite the silver tongue. ;D

Alright, you've got your own little Imp servant reporting directly to you, then. ^^ I have to admit, I'm still a bit torn between Assassin and Ur-Priest for my build, though.  On the one hand, Ur-Priest lets me be a shifty, adorable little scamp who steals divine power directly from the gods to further the cause of her superiors.  On the other hand, though, Assassin lets me pick up the Obtain Familiar and Improved Familiar feats, at which point I'm an Imp with an Imp Familiar...

Snake

I'm working on a character too but I'm not sure what to go for atm.

it seems pretty much any monster type is allowed
how about a monstrous humanoid type? :3

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on November 10, 2011, 11:23:42 AM

I think it is allowed. Gnolls (flind gnolls specifically), hobgoblins and orcs would work.

Kunoichi

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be.  Thinking of being a Harpy, perhaps?

Snake

Nah a human slapped with a couple templates like winged, feral, etc. each turns the humanoid into a monstrous humanoid, then for good measure stack half-fiend or dragon on it. the pyramid of template effect allows it  :P

ulthakptah

Quote from: Snake on November 10, 2011, 11:23:42 AM

Anything is allowed as long as you have a pretty monster girl picture to go with it.

Not kidding, even things a player couldn't normally play as like Ropers and Mimics are okay.

Zaer Darkwail

So this is female monster girls only (no male monsters)? Ok, I prefer play male either way in this game so I could go and make myself a 10th level human male char then. Assuming a 10th level non-caster PC is not frigthening to the monster girls ;).

Snake

Yeah but if it's all female monsters...where's the fun for us with penises? :3