Final Fantasy XV is out [please tag spoilers]

Started by Skynet, November 29, 2016, 11:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

What are people's thoughts on it? Is anyone playing it right now?

I watched a few folks do some Let's Plays of it. Seems pretty neat so far, although I guess I'm kinda hoping for some more variety in the wide open terrain at the beginning. The game's pretty, but the starting area's quite...barren it seems.

Doomsday

I will probably buy it when it comes to PC, I need a bunch of yaoi boys on a bachelor party road trip in my life.

Skylit

I didn't have any issues with the gameplay, but the story seemed kind of.. Off..

From what I understand, the production team did a lot of last minute changes with the story during the last few months and it kind of shows (to me at least). Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the story. It just seemed to have some holes in it.

To be fair, the plot holes may have been in either the movie, the series, or somewhere in dialogue that I just overlooked.
_-~-No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings..-~-_

SithLordOfSnark

I will eventually buy it, when it's considerably dropped in price, because FF is my jam, I just don't pay full price for games anymore.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Frost

I bought it for Xbox, played tutorial and just starting really :S

CaptainNexus616

I'm not going to lie when I say I have been enjoying the game immensely. This is coming from someone who hasn't enjoyed a FF since VII.

That said unlike a lot of people who chose to go into this blind. I didn't. I watched a lot of gameplay footage for this one.

Combat Gameplay: At times it feels like it plays like a Kingdom Hearts in terms of combat. That said the combat IS challenging and will make you either fight smart or you will be grinding to get stronger. Something that's made easy with the plethora of quests available to undertake that give a lot of XP along with Gil.

Exploration: It certainly offers you freedom, and yeah the starting area is pretty bland but once you really get out into the world....its exactly what I have been waiting for with Eight Generation specs in terms of graphics that look beautiful. However I will say this, don't go in expecting to drive the car like its GTA V and to be honest I'm glad you don't. It actually helps keeps the four main characters more true to their personality in comparison to the protagonists of GTA who will judge others then head out and run down an entire street of citizens.

Finally.....

The sheer interaction between the four main characters is just enjoyable to listen to. Sometimes I just forget about everything going on and listen to them bicker, tease each other, or just talk about the most trivial of things. They may have done a lot of quick patch work to the story but in my opinion it is a lot of fun to explore the wilderness with them or drive down the road on the way to the next quest.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Suiko

I've been playing a lot - at about 40 hours and on chapter nine. The game is a mixed bag and definitely has some problems, but for me the good far outweighs the bad

The Good:
- The relationship between the 4 main characters is perfect. I was a but worried that their banter would seem a bit forced, but everything feels organic; you genuinely feel that these guys are longtime friends. It makes it so enjoyable to listen to them.

- The graphics look amazing. Granted I've never been one to bang on about having the latest card for pc, but I have it for ps4 and I think it's stunning.

- The supporting characters I've met so far have been lots of fun, and when some join as guest party members it's nice to see.some extra interactions.

- Skill system, meaning fishing, cooking, etc. these are a lot of fun to see level up. Personally I loved seeing Ignis' food and Prompto's photos. The fishing mini game is addictive as he'll too.

- Tours! I just wish there were more of them.

The Bad:
- Combat is a little button-mashy. You can hold directions for different combos, but at the heart it's very basic and it can get a little bit boring.

- Sometimes you can't see what you're doing due to bad camera angles and getting stuck in foliage/invisible walls.

- The story seems very short. I've been playing a long time, but when I look through the story missions you're looking at two per chapter. Chapter 8 I think was a single dungeon and that was it. Makes me a bit nervous for the rest of it.

- If I played it again, I wouldn't do anywhere near as many side quests as I have. The vast majority are hunts and fetch quests that just aren't interesting. There's occasionally some banter that's fun... but it's not great.

Overall: 7.5/10. Lots of fun for the character interaction, but that's mostly what you'll be playing for. That, and having multicoloured chocobos. Saying that, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Life in Color

I'm a few hours in and I'm really enjoying it.

It's pretty, it's a fun story, there's selfies and I can turn the car radio to FF VIII or FF IX music - so I'm a happy girl.

Would definitely recommend.

I'd also highly suggest watching the prologue movie, Kingsglaive, because it sets up the game and introduces you to characters that reappear in the game - so, it adds an extra layer of story, if you've got that knowledge going into it.

Inkidu

The day-night mechanic doesn't exactly thrill me. :P

Mainly because I just wanted to get about a quarter mile down the road but an iron giant said, "U mad, bro?"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Suiko

Quote from: Inkidu on December 12, 2016, 10:26:29 PM
The day-night mechanic doesn't exactly thrill me. :P

Mainly because I just wanted to get about a quarter mile down the road but an iron giant said, "U mad, bro?"
Later on Cindy gives you a quest to get a certain car upgrades that leaves night drives demon free. Pretty useful
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -