News:

Main Menu

Thigh-high Stockings

Started by CCgirlie19, February 18, 2010, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Exiled

Quote from: Oniya on April 01, 2010, 08:19:57 AM
One of my first sci-fi convention memories is that of wandering around a mall near the hotel, trying to help a new friend of mine replace his stockings, which had gotten a snag.
You mean, he was afraid to go in the mall, himself?

Oniya

Not at all.  We were hanging out, and when he discovered the snag, we decided to continue our conversation over a little shopping. :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Exiled

Well, it sounds like your friend gets along alright. There was a time I was too nervous to even shop for things like stockings after wearing pants and tee shirts for a whole year. But I eventually learned how little it mattered, and how much I missed wearing clothing that gets a lot of attention from men.

Oniya

Well, considering how close the mall was to the hotel, I doubt that a man in a skirt was the strangest thing that the cashiers saw that weekend. ;) 

In all seriousness, though, he'd been a cross-dresser for years before I met him, so it was old hat for him by that time.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

The Exiled

It was hardly a hassle when I was dressing up as a man for a long time. Now, I cross dress the other way around and its just too much fun. I can finally see why men would love to put on stockings and skirts.

TheLovelyMaid

I always enjoy wearing-thigh high stockings.

I get this shiver-inducing feeling when someone's hand runs over my leg while I'm wearing them. 

Although, I don't really trust stay-ups, I prefer to wear garters--just in case. :)

Oniya

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on April 22, 2010, 05:04:00 PM
I always enjoy wearing-thigh high stockings.

I get this shiver-inducing feeling when someone's hand runs over my leg while I'm wearing them. 

Although, I don't really trust stay-ups, I prefer to wear garters--just in case. :)

Garters are sexier anyways ;)

The Exiled

Well, I guess you could call it a bonus. Garters, garter belts are sexy and keep stockings on. I've yet to do without when I wear stockings.

Darkcide

Facking saxy on the females of the species. :)

Lord Mayerling

I find thigh highs extremely erotic on women. I think they might be making a comeback, but that might be more about where I live and work than anything.

But let me riddle you this...Is it the look you're after, or the feel?

Visually speaking, thigh highs are among the cheapest ways to add an alluring thrill or flair to an outfit...but when it comes to doing the deed, I find that most thigh highs are rough round the garter. Additionally, most are made out of nylon, a high-friction material sewn in a canvass stitch. Under friction, this is probably one of the more sandpaper like surfaces one could find outside the hardware store.

So I think if you really want to go all out, silk is in order.

The Exiled

You make a point about the discomfort, Mayerling. But sometimes, a bit of discomfort teases me just the right way. Well, that is my person feedback.

ethan1066

i dont know about the girls but i love to see my gf in them she really looks hot and sexy on her...and that really make me excited..

Lord Mayerling

Something else I've noticed....perhaps pleasured is a better term...

...the rise of knee-high socks. I find they have much the same effect of thigh high stockings (highlighting the shape of the leg as opposed to its texture), still having the flesh exposed higher up. They have an infinite array of colors and patterns as well.

What do you think? Can knee-high socks and thigh highs be legitimately exchanged? 

Lord Mayerling

Quote from: The Exiled on April 22, 2010, 08:49:17 PM
You make a point about the discomfort, Mayerling. But sometimes, a bit of discomfort teases me just the right way. Well, that is my person feedback.
I completely agree that nylon can certainly be a positive textural/sensual stimulant.

Oniya

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on April 23, 2010, 03:59:45 PM
Something else I've noticed....perhaps pleasured is a better term...

...the rise of knee-high socks. I find they have much the same effect of thigh high stockings (highlighting the shape of the leg as opposed to its texture), still having the flesh exposed higher up. They have an infinite array of colors and patterns as well.

What do you think? Can knee-high socks and thigh highs be legitimately exchanged?

Personally, I think knee-highs are a little 'younger' in appearance - perfect for the school uniform or cheerleader outfit, but not so much for the 'little black dress'.

Lord Mayerling

Certainly not the little black dress look...

But now we're back to the question of look or feel. Stockings certainly are more elegant and refined looking...and I would say generally less playful looking.

Agggh...why must we stigmatize something so beautiful?

Oniya

Considering the audience, I'd say that 'We' (the Elliquians) aren't.  It's all of 'Them'.  *points out at the scarily prudish peoples* :o

Lord Mayerling

I actually knew a woman who wore thigh highs to Church every Sunday, so I guess they aren't totally stigmatized with being whorish.

Needless to say I had an instant crush on her.

The Exiled

One thing we're forgetting is that thigh highs and knee highs flatter different girls, and in different ways. Its not the kinky clothing alone, but the kinky girl that makes the image to excite the eyes. All I know is that when it comes to wearing, I do prefer the feel something hugging my thighs when I'm up to no good. They are more sensitive than my knees, after all.

Lord Mayerling

I think you're absolutely correct, although I never knew they actually did something sensual for the wearer. I kind of thought is was all just a favor you were doing for us as a treat.

I've noticed that patterned stockings are really taking off...how do those effect our pontificating?

HairyHeretic

Personally I prefer plain over patterned, but I tend to go for simple elegance.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lord Mayerling

I can't actually tell if the patterned ones are thigh highs are not.

I think patterned might go better with an outfit as a whole. It the outfit in total is high thighs and a smile, then simple elegance can work wonders.

Mnemaxa

These are the lightest and tightest stockings I've ever seen.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Lord Mayerling

Too bad they'll remove themselves with any movement at all...or the arrival of evening. Sort of the exact opposite of their intent, no?

TheLovelyMaid

Quote from: Mnemaxa on April 24, 2010, 06:50:09 AM
These are the lightest and tightest stockings I've ever seen.

That's hilarious.  I find, though, that the large-knit ones (with the larger gaps) to be easier to snag, so I avoid them.