Vampires vs Werewolves [closed]

Started by Talra Di Deliren, January 14, 2014, 02:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talra Di Deliren

Seeing so many group requests, I hadn't come across something that is quite common, like werewolves and vampires in an eternal conflict. Let's see how this works and how many people I can get interested. Which would you choose? Vampire? Werewolf? Or would you stay human undecided or just to keep your freedom?

Vampires

The creature of the night, shining with beauty masking the darkness in them with a thirst for the crimson rain falling from a human's neck. They fool their prey using magical tongues and captivating eyes. Only their enemy can see through the deception. At night they appear human with much livelier beauty, but underneath that mask is a monster with sharp fangs and blood filled eyes as skin turns grey. They are frightening in true form.

Werewolves

Half man half beast, bound by the full moon with a gift of strength and wolfish abilities to fight and ravage the night. Though closer to humans than their rival counterparts, they transform into monstrous wolves with only one thing on their minds: blood. No not the same as what Vampires crave. These wolves crave the blood of all living creatures, even the undead.

Humans

Beings set onto earth by said God to live out their lives however they wish, whether it be sin or love. Weak in other creature's eyes, they are cunning and free. They are far from weak. Though slaves to the night, they rule the day. Neither sun nor moon seize their hearts. These beings are given the choice to join a side, or fight for humanity.

Humans have always had a choice in what we do with our lives, whether it be a job or raising a family, play games in your mom's basement or build a world with your imagination, or choose a side that lurks in darkness or remain a human for the sake of this free world. We always had to choose a side like Christianity or Catholicism, for example, chosen by heritage or family pushing you into it. We have the choice to choose our religion by birth. Why not choose the path in this battle?

There are three sides open to you in your own choosing. Stay human, or become a monster of the night. Fight the darkness, or become one with it. Full Moon where only half your freedom is taken, Blood Moon where the sun despises your every waking step, or Ever Sun where life is peaceful and you can be yourself.

Blood Moon
Ever Sun
Full Moon

Rules:

No godmod
No straight up killing someone
No cheating
No OOC drama (please and thank you)
If picture is used, please show within every post at a width of max 300
Sex is not discouraged but best kept from main rp and in a 1x1 if you like
This is modern supernatural fantasy, no early 1700's or something
Guns are allowed
Yes, more than one character allowed, but no more than three

System

Choose your faction: Blood Moon | Full Moon | Ever Sun

Three separate threads for each faction:

Blood Moon - The vampire realm where it is eternal darkness for free reign.

Full Moon - Werewolves are free to change into their ultimate form of a wild beast.

Ever Sun - Humans rest peacefully thinking they are the greater rulers of the earth, sun and moon changing throughout the days.

Everyone's time frame is different, so judging by Elliquiy time is the time in the Ever Sun. 7:00 PM is when the sun sets, and 7:00 AM is when the sun rises. GM gives the order of when the full moon rises for Werewolves to transform within the Ever Sun.

There is free roam within the realms for further interaction, but humans remain in Ever Sun as well as the fights between Vampires and Werewolves. Yes, there can be characters that wish to perform no violence as others would. Yes, relationships can transpire within different factions.

Going against rules and logic of time and order will result in erasing character profile and permanent kick-out after two warnings. Players may PM GM of anything if best not said in OOC.

There are going to be a list of abilities for each race to have. Humans are natural with everything so there isn't much given to them aside from technology. Only 2 abilities are chosen for each character so that everyone is their own unique person, in the case for a human you may not have or just one of the special abilities. The natural abilities are not to be listed in character sheet but kept in mind, though they are common sense for those creatures.
Abilites

Vampires

Natural:

• Immortality- Live longer or forever
  • Blood Life Essence- This is a must for all vampires to live on
  • Darkvision- All vampires can see in the night as though it were daylight
  • Fast Healing- Heal all wounds at a faster rate than humans except from holy water
Special:

• Blood Sense- To know where a living being is and pinpoint it's whereabouts with ease
  • Hercules Strong- Strong as the demi-god himself and carry up to a hundred times your weight
  • Flight- To fly, hover, or float in the air
  • Agility- Run faster than humans but not like Flash
  • Telepathy- Speak and read minds
  • Sonic Hearing- Hear just as well as the Werewolves
  • Mediumship- See and commune with the dead such as ghosts
Werewolves

Natural:

• Wolf Form- On the day of the full moon, you will transform into a wolf, this being either wolf or half-wolf
  • Heightened Sense- These are your sense of smell and hearing
  • Fast Healing- Heal all wounds at a faster rate than humans unless silver touched
Special:

• Agility- Run faster than humans but not like Flash
  • Track- Find people and locations through trails and marks humans wouldn't easily detect
  • Limb Regrowth- Grow back limbs that were torn, cut, etc. off the body, but not organs such as the heart
  • Animal Commune- Talk to and understand animals
  • Empathy- Read one's emotions whether they conceal them or not
  • Fearful Gaze- The look from a wolf frightens the onlooker to where they can no longer move or scream
Humans

Natural:

• Technology- Use any technological device
  • Free- not limited towards the moon or blood and has choice
Special:

• 1/2Mediumship- Some humans have the ability to see the dead, but cannot speak with
  • Survivalist- Able to think out of certain situations and survive the dangers around you

You may make character sheets and send them to me as this process goes on, I will message you back on whether it is good or not and if I need more than what you gave me, for instance that you left out what is on the coded character sheet.

Code (character sheet) Select

[img width=300][/img] (For werewolf, you may also provide wolf form)

[b]Player[/b]
[b]Character Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Physical Description[/b] (Other than what photo shows)
[b]Faction[/b] (Blood Moon, Full Moon, or Ever Sun)

[b]Abilities[/b] (Besides human, then choose whether or not to have abilities)
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Weaknesses[/b]
[b]Strengths[/b] (Not meaning powers but the character itself)

[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]

[b]Background[/b]

Example Character Sheet

Player Talra Di Deliren
Character Name Seth Medraen
Age 208
Physical Description A cross marked around his eye (if hard to see)
Faction Blood Moon

Abilities

• Blood Sense
  • Mediumship

Weaknesses The smell of blood, someone crying
Strengths Believing the Lord is still at his side

Likes God, human life, peace
Dislikes Other vampires and werewolves, darkness

Background A priest at 30 as well as a vampire hunter was turned out of spite by another. Seth bears the cross as a reminder of who he is and not a monster for the blood of human beings he wishes to protect. As the ageless years gone by he soon found the enemies of vampires, the werewolves, which became his as well. Ridding the world of these fiends he believes will return the peace and freedom for all living beings, and that the spirits will rest for once. Although, he still thirst for blood, and with his ability to detect it from afar, he looses himself in the devouring of the being's blood.

Approved Character Sheets

Vampires

Player ArtemisHighmore
Character Name Marcus Valco, current name.
Age Born August 4th, 1255
Physical Description Marcus could be considered the epitome of tall dark and handsome. Though lean of build, he carries himself with an air of power. He keeps himself very well groomed, always presenting his best side.
Faction Blood Moon

Abilities

• Strength
  • Agility

Weaknesses Silver, sunlight, fine art.
Strengths The ability to feel some attachment to humans, a lack of blood feud between species.

Likes Classical music, Opera, Art, old books.
Dislikes Modern technology, animals, unrefined people.

Background
Born a vampire in the 13th century, his childhood is of little importance to him, few memories having lasted the passage of so many years. His family was minorly involved in the various power struggles and decentralization of the Holy Roman Empire, using their influence to amass a large fortune. Eventually they would go into hiding, changing their family name and adapting in the south of France. There they would have minor dealings with the French court before disappearing near the outbreak of the Bubonic Plague.

The family would remerge in history with the founding of the United East India Company, with both Marcus and his father, Ocativus, holding positions of influence. After the Fourth Anglo-Dutch War, the VOC was a financial wreck, and so the family detached themselves, resulting it being nationalized before finally expiring in the late 1790s. They would have minor involvement in the eventual wars that would be wages across Europe, primarily focusing on the Napoleonic Wars and parts of World War I. It was in the wake of the first World War that a family tragedy would wean the family tree down to Marcus and his elder brother Samuel. Following this tragedy, Marcus went into hiding, secreting himself away from his sibling in hopes of preservation.

In the mid 1950’s Marcus would reemerge in the sands of Nevada, functioning as ‘muscle’ for organized crime. Using his natural and supernatural abilities, he would climb the ranks, slowly carving out his own little niche. Eventually, several decades later, he would use the reputation he had acquired, along with a good portion of his family’s hidden fortune to create a biotech, Varco Pharmaceuticals, through which he would create blood substitute so that he could follow his desire to remove humans from his diet. Currently he resides in Vegas, running his company, doing his best to blend in.

Player sansa
Character Name Jemima Warden
Age Born November 20th, 1975
Physical Description Clearly the woman is beautiful but she hates what she is
so does not have the confidence that most vampires make apparent.
Faction Blood Moon

Abilities

• Sonic Hearing
  • Agility

Weaknesses Fear of dogs
Strengths She is very good at calming a scared victim of hers.
(She hates to cause pain), she also has a decent amount of restraint
for being such a young vampire.

Likes Alone time to think, reading, and fashion.
Dislikes Rude people and criminals

Background
At only, 22 years old, Jemima was bitten by her vampire master- a vampire that killed her family so that he alone could have her. However his plans went amiss... she Never submitted to him and set him up for failure during a hunt... He was killed by a werewolf. She has been running since to escape meeting other vampires. She's really quite gentle. She shows amazing restraint since her first meal was her mother... (Indeed, her vampire master bit her, killed her father, then sliced the mother so that Jemima could not control her blood lust...) She will only feed from one who is soon unable to avoid death and will go as long as she can without a meal. She has never formally met another vampire and tries to blend in with society.

Werewolves

Player Azzmeister89
Character Name Nathan Levix
Age 26
Physical Description
Faction Full Moon

Abilities

• Limb Regrowth
  • Animal Commune

Weaknesses Unable to hurt women, to laid back for his own good, silver
Strengths Expert fighter, natural teacher

Likes meat, rock music, humans
Dislikes Vampires, silver, religion

Background
Born as a human Nathan lived a fairly normal life for his first fourteen years. It wasn't until he turned fifteen that he first discovered the world of werewolves and vampires. At the time he had been staying after school trying to make it onto his schools student council along with a girl he had just started dating.

However as it turned out she was already a werewolf and as the effects of the full moon hit her through a classroom window she turned and bit him. Although he escaped with his life he soon discovered during the next full moon he too became a wolf.

The girl who had bitten him has long since died due to an incident that is unknown to him. However he has survived and now aged twenty six he has become a teacher and returned to his old school and lives a normal life until the full moon where he makes sure he is well away from humans in every way he can.

During the years he has learnt martial arts and when a wolf practiced his hunting skills making him a formidable opponent as both man and wolf.

Humans

"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
-Bride - Night Play - Dark Hunter series-
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

persephone325

While I know it's not ready, I'd like to express my interest now. If you need this spot to post more information, I can delete my post. But I'm definitely interested in this. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Talra Di Deliren

That's great to hear ^_^ I'm going to work on it some today before classwork but I don't know yet for an open spot for a post. I probably will for character approvals when its ready but not now. I'll let you know ;) Thanks!
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

azzmeister89

I'm very interested, been a while since i joined a good old fashioned werewolf vs vampire game

Talra Di Deliren

Cool :) still working on the mechanics and things but I'll let you know when I have it ready ^_^

ArtemisHighmore

Talra Di Deliren

It's great to see you all liking it so far. It still is in construction and I hope to have it ready soon, but I have put up an OOC thread for anyone to speak in and show more interest as well give any suggestions and questions you have. Thanks :)

Kokaine

Been following this thread. Am anxious to see how it all comes together :)

Am wondering how heavily system you are aiming to go though...
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Immortal

ArtemisHighmore

azzmeister89

Player: Azzmeister89
Character Name: Nathan Levix
Age 26
Physical Description: (picture pending)
Faction full Moon

Abilities
Limb regrowth

Animal commune

Weaknesses: unable to hurt women, to laid back for his own good, silver

Strengths: expert fighter, natural teacher

Dislikes: Vampires, silver, religion

Background: Born as a human Nathan lived a fairly normal life for his first fourteen years. It wasn't until he turned fifteen that he first discovered the world of werewolves and vampires. At the time he had been staying after school trying to make it onto his schools student council along with a girl he had just started dateing.

However as it turned out she was already a werewolf and as the effects of the full moon hit her through a classroom window she turned and bit him. Although he escaped with his life he soon discovered during the next full moon he too became a wolf.

The girl who had bitten him has long since died due to an iccident that is unknown to him. However he has survived and now aged twenty six he has become a teacher and returned to his old school and lives a normal life until the full moon where he makes sure he is well away from humans in every way he can.

During the years he has learnt martial arts and when a wolf practised his hunting skills making him a formidable opponant as both man and wolf.

Talra Di Deliren

Nice character azzmeister89!

I've made adjustments. Ready for character sheets and read over the options for the voting to begin! Please vote on the OOC thread.

Thanks!!

ArtemisHighmore

Azuredee

I am also interested and I have a character prepared if you are still looking for players.

Talra Di Deliren

Great :) go ahead and pm your character to me if you like. You can head over to the OOC as well and share your thoughts with the others while I'm setting up.

ArtemisHighmore

Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy weekend. I will try and get a character formed after work tonight. Already got a concept or two rolling about the old brain.

ArtemisHighmore

Well one is in for now. xD

A fun character snippet of mine:
Snippet
A smartly dressed reporter smiled at the camera, her white teeth in perfect contrast to her flawless complexion. “Good evening, I am Kate Evergreen. Tonight we are going to get the chance to speak with self made billionaire Marcus Valco. Head of Valco Pharmaceuticals, Marcus is one of the most powerful men in Las Vegas and perhaps the United States, in terms of money and influence.”
Dressed in a casual suite that hugged his frame just the way he liked it to, Marcus offered a soft chuckle to the comment. It always amused him to hear the humans speak in such terms, especially when they were only considering his business prowess and not some of his more personal abilities. “Well thank you for that kind introduction Kate, I may call you Kate correct?” His voice was velvet smooth and his grey eyes flickered with every word.
“So any special women in your life? Word is you are quite the eligible bachelor in that private mansion of yours.”
“Oh there might be a couple special ones but I don’t think they would like to be exposed just yet. I tend to be a bit old fashioned when it comes to such things and enjoy taking them slow. Maybe in the future I will show them to the world.” A flicker of light danced across his eyes, an outward sign of the inner delight he was having at his personal joke.
“Well we certainly can’t wait. Now we know you are an avid traveler, any interesting destinations in the near future?” Kate leaned forward a little in her seat, perhaps a bit too eager to know the answer.
Marcus only smiled as he regarded her. “Truth-be-told I just recently got in from Paris and it was a bit more hectic than I was anticipating. I was planning on slipping away to Cairo soon as I am hoping to set up a research facility there but I might push that off a little bit. Spend some time at home if you know what I mean.”
“Oh we certainly do. Unfortunately that is all the time we have. Thank you kindly for coming in to speak with us Mr. Valco. It is always a pleasure to meet one of the most influential people in modern science.” Kate rose from her seat, offering her hand.
“Well thank you Kate. That is very kind of you to say.” Rising as well, Marcus leaned down and brushed his lips across the back of her hand briefly as the cameras cut out…

Marcus offered a charming smile, settling back in his chair as he slowly undid the buttons of his suit, letting the coat part slightly. “Well yes it was quiet difficult. Biological engineering has only recently become main stream. In the early years it was hard to make people believe that our products were as beneficial as we claimed them to be. But now we have established ourselves and I have to say things are only looking up.”
Kate was clearly hanging upon his every word as she spoke, nodding along. “And where do you see the company going?”
“Well to be honest we like to keep a tight lid on our plans as it allows us to keep ahead of our competition. But I will mention that we are looking to venture into blood supplements in order to assist the world’s blood banks with their shortages.” Marcus turned his gaze to the cameras, offering a playful wink. “I also might have a lab working on the elixir of life.”
Kate offered a soft chuckle, tilting her head curiously. “Worried about aging Mr. Valco? Might we be so bold as to ask your age? You tend to keep personal information out of your business profile.”
Marcus regarded her for a moment. “Oh seven hundred and sixty? I am kidding of course. I will actually be reaching forty come next fall.”
Kate nodded slowly, clearly caught off guard by his causal attitude before the cameras. “Yes, absolutely Mr. Valco.” Her cheeks grew slightly crimson as she seemed to suddenly become aware again of where she was. Distracting herself with her note cards a moment, she offered a slight chuckle. “Now, the first question, how did you get to where you are today? Was it difficult?”

Talra Di Deliren

Update!!

Looks like a go for here, I do believe it is set up enough for a start so anyone who enters and wants in, all you gotta do is PM a character sheet and I'll let you know whether or not to jump in :)

PS. Keep format of character sheet as in the code and example please ;)

Talra Di Deliren

Sorry, for those that were interested and waiting for the game to be up and running: if still interested, go ahead and pm a character so I know you are.

azzmeister89, I will not post your character until I have your permission as a go that you are in fact still interested.

azzmeister89

Talra Di Deliren

Awesome! You're character is posted above in the approved. If you have a picture for him or any description for what he looks like, just post here or PM me :)

Thanks!

azzmeister89
ArtemisHighmore
You two may start playing, characters approved!

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Talra Di Deliren

Sure :) all I need is your character sheet. PM me it though.

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Talra Di Deliren

Yes ^_^ all you have to do is PM the character sheet filled out.