SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 05, 2013, 10:24:28 PM
Cause neither of our characters have the skill to drive, lmao.  I guess a drone?  Hell I was even thinking of getting them drone dobermans, as a sort of extra security for their home.  Just because they live in a poor area doesn't mean their living area isn't going to be rigged up to the nines, lmao.

Drones gotta have a Rigger controlling them for the most part.

Also, the drive skill is not required to know how to drive in optimal conditions.  Car chases while firing out the side window?  That's the drive skill.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2013, 10:27:21 PM
I guess she could buy him more cyberware - something implanted for his intended job as a bodyguard before he changed 'careers'.

Sorry, but sharing starting money to that extent is not allowed.  Buying another character a gun or something simple is one thing, but that's too much.  Once the game starts, she can use her 50k or however much she has left however she wants to, but then you'll have to RP out recovering from cyberware surgery, etc. to some extent.  So you'll have to wait for her to buy you cyberware.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheGlyphstone

That's what I thought.

Buy yourself deltaware instead then. :)

Rank 2 Muscle Replacements at Delta-grade quality would cost 100,000NY, but only 1 Essence, and net you +2 Strong and +2 Agile.

Cold Heritage

Does everyone also start with casual proficiency with computernomics? That is, can the average person use a commlink to check e-mail, the Shadowrun equivalent to facebook, and whatever day to day crap a normal person does.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LunarSage

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 05, 2013, 10:35:49 PM
Does everyone also start with casual proficiency with computernomics? That is, can the average person use a commlink to check e-mail, the Shadowrun equivalent to facebook, and whatever day to day crap a normal person does.

Yes.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: LunarSage on January 05, 2013, 10:30:37 PM
Drones gotta have a Rigger controlling them for the most part.

Also, the drive skill is not required to know how to drive in optimal conditions.  Car chases while firing out the side window?  That's the drive skill.

Sorry, but sharing starting money to that extent is not allowed.  Buying another character a gun or something simple is one thing, but that's too much.  Once the game starts, she can use her 50k or however much she has left however she wants to, but then you'll have to RP out recovering from cyberware surgery, etc. to some extent.  So you'll have to wait for her to buy you cyberware.

Got it, no sharing funds.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2013, 10:34:51 PM
That's what I thought.

Rank 2 Muscle Replacements at Delta-grade quality would cost 100,000NY, but only 1 Essence, and net you +2 Strong and +2 Agile.

Good idea.  I'll work on it later tonight/tomorrow.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciosa

QuoteSorry, but sharing starting money to that extent is not allowed.  Buying another character a gun or something simple is one thing, but that's too much.  Once the game starts, she can use her 50k or however much she has left however she wants to, but then you'll have to RP out recovering from cyberware surgery, etc. to some extent.  So you'll have to wait for her to buy you cyberware.

And you need a good cyberdoc. 

>.>

<.<

Just sayin'

LunarSage

That's what I thought.

She's an Adept.  She would lose Magic Rating (and thus 1 point of Adept powers) by doing that.  Potentially worth it, but something to keep in mind.

TheGlyphstone

Daddy's little girl really does get the best of the best.

The irony being that with those upgrades, she'll be almost as strong as Karl.

Quote from: Ciosa on January 05, 2013, 10:39:53 PM
And you need a good cyberdoc. 

>.>

<.<

Just sayin'

We're talking Deltaware here. Getting that after start of game is going to take a bit more than a good cyberdoc.

Quote from: LunarSage on January 05, 2013, 10:41:00 PM
She's an Adept.  She would lose Magic Rating (and thus 1 point of Adept powers) by doing that.  Potentially worth it, but something to keep in mind.

I already took that into consideration. She's devoted 1 Magic Point to Improved Physical Attribute (Agile), so this would still be a net +1 Agile after losing that, in addition to the +2 Strong. Granted, it would be the only cyberware/bioware she could ever have, but still a net positive.

Ciosa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2013, 10:42:13 PM
Daddy's little girl really does get the best of the best.

The irony being that with those upgrades, she'll be almost as strong as Karl.

We're talking Deltaware here. Getting that after start of game is going to take a bit more than a good cyberdoc.

I already took that into consideration. She's devoted 1 Magic Point to Improved Physical Attribute (Agile), so this would still be a net +1 Agile after losing that, in addition to the +2 Strong. Granted, it would be the only cyberware/bioware she could ever have, but still a net positive.

Yeah, yeah.  Must be corp sponsered bad ass black clinic for that.  <sigh>  I'm more the discount cyber eyes and malfunction fixing kind of cyberdoc, anyway.

Michael Corvus

That's what I thought.

Also, she'll need a really good reason to explain why she has Deltware at the start of the game. Deltaware is cutting edge, top of the line, military grade cyberware, so keep that in mind too.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 05, 2013, 10:48:18 PM
Also, she'll need a really good reason to explain why she has Deltware at the start of the game. Deltaware is cutting edge, top of the line, military grade cyberware, so keep that in mind too.

She is/was the uber-pampered daughter of an extremely powerful Mafia boss back in Europe. That's why I asked if the European White Vory had access to military grade cyber, I figured the explanation would be the easiest part if the answer to that question was 'yes'.

Josietta

*is assuming that foci are not in this game at this moment*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2013, 10:51:22 PM
She is/was the uber-pampered daughter of an extremely powerful Mafia boss back in Europe. That's why I asked if the European White Vory had access to military grade cyber, I figured the explanation would be the easiest part if the answer to that question was 'yes'.

That should be good reason enough. I'm not sure about the European based Russian Mafia having access to a Deltware facility. I would think so, but I'm really not up to speed on the state of affairs in Russia in 2070. Lunar?
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Russia would technically be the Red Vory, the White Vory control the rest of Europe and most non-European areas. The two factions don't like each other, but still work together. She's from Germany, so it's more White Vory resources that matter.

Josietta

*gets all glassy eyed at all the chat and just slips back out to work on her sheet*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 05, 2013, 10:53:44 PM
That should be good reason enough. I'm not sure about the European based Russian Mafia having access to a Deltware facility. I would think so, but I'm really not up to speed on the state of affairs in Russia in 2070. Lunar?

I have no issues with her reasoning to have the deltaware, especially since she's dropping that amount of nuyen on it.

It's not that the Russian mob has direct access to deltaware facilities, but money talks quite a bit.  I'm sure her father had the contacts (in Europe) to be able to send her to a corp sponsored medical facility.

Ciosa, your dwarf has the expertise to do the surgeries, but his facility just doesn't have the proper genetics equipment needed for so precise gene matching.  It's fine for everything else, like normal cyberware implants.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: LunarSage on January 05, 2013, 11:06:40 PM
I have no issues with her reasoning to have the deltaware, especially since she's dropping that amount of nuyen on it.

It's not that the Russian mob has direct access to deltaware facilities, but money talks quite a bit.  I'm sure her father had the contacts (in Europe) to be able to send her to a corp sponsored medical facility.

Ciosa, your dwarf has the expertise to do the surgeries, but his facility just doesn't have the proper genetics equipment needed for so precise gene matching.  It's fine for everything else, like normal cyberware implants.

What he said....
The Oath of The Drake

Ciosa

[/quote

Oh excellent!  So if some runner puts a bullet in a doctor's head, I might get kidnapped by a corp to do black-clinic cyber surgeries?  Sounds like fun!  :D]

Pumpkin Seeds

Sorry it's taking so long on my sheets.  Just stressed, tired and my muse is on life support right now.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 05, 2013, 11:11:18 PM
What he said....

Good, I guess that's settled then.

Though it's a good thing she still has a ton (though less than 50K) left over, because with between Strong x2 and Strong x3, they've probably got a frequent-buyers discount at the furniture shop for beds...

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 05, 2013, 11:23:22 PM
Sorry it's taking so long on my sheets.  Just stressed, tired and my muse is on life support right now.

No worries, Pumpkin. There's no rush, so take all the time you need. We're not going anywhere.

And if you want/need any help, Lunar and I are just a PM away. :)
The Oath of The Drake

Josietta

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on January 05, 2013, 11:23:22 PM

My sheets are super slow too Punkin.. *snuggles her*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

undisclosedtoyou

Hahahaha you guys!  I'll have to come online tomorrow to work through the suggestion Glyph made, and work it into my char sheet.  I wonder what she'd use strength for, since she's an defensive player, rather than offensive.  I mean, she doesn't even carry a weapon, and is a pacifist at heart....or rather when it comes to herself that is.  She has no qualms about others using violence around her.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 05, 2013, 11:56:00 PM
Hahahaha you guys!  I'll have to come online tomorrow to work through the suggestion Glyph made, and work it into my char sheet.  I wonder what she'd use strength for, since she's an defensive player, rather than offensive.  I mean, she doesn't even carry a weapon, and is a pacifist at heart....or rather when it comes to herself that is.  She has no qualms about others using violence around her.

Which makes them an even more interesting pairing...she's vastly more capable at hitting than he is, but hates hurting people. He's cheerfully willing to rip someone's arm off - cyber or otherwise - and beat them to death with it, but he has next to no ability to actually land blows in a fight.

She needs to get a gun with gel rounds or sticky-shocks or something, though. Not carrying a gun doesn't stop people from shooting you with them.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2013, 11:59:19 PM
Which makes them an even more interesting pairing...she's vastly more capable at hitting than he is, but hates hurting people. He's cheerfully willing to rip someone's arm off - cyber or otherwise - and beat them to death with it, but he has next to no ability to actually land blows in a fight.

She needs to get a gun with gel rounds or sticky-shocks or something, though. Not carrying a gun doesn't stop people from shooting you with them.

Ahhh true.  Maybe something that just knocks people out?  Would she need a fake license for that?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's