What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

I got Civilization V even though I hadn't really planned on it, and I gotta say, it's damn good. I've never really been a fan of Civilization in the past, never really played any of them, but I've been a huge fan of Colonization. I sure hope they make a Colonization version of this game, too.

Wolfy

Soo..Lord of the Rings Online.

Is it worth playing? especially now that it's fee to play? (with an Item store...I hope said items don't give people advantages. >_>)

Oniya

Mr. Oniya enjoyed it when it was pay-for-play.  It looked sorta fun, if you like MMOs (I don't, but that's me).  I don't know if it's taken a massive plunge since going free.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Apparently it has. Some of the Cash Shop items include more quests and items to restore health/magic instantly.

Soo..yeah. It's the exact kind of Cash Shop that I don't like..the game says that it's "Free to play" but the real content is locked behind price tags. >_>

Nyarly

After some time without it, I started to play Mother 3 again and I'm now in the middle of the third Chapter. Boy, Fassad is such an asshole...

Atta

Halo: Reach on my 360 and Black and White: 2/Battle of the Gods on my MAC.
"It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives." -Anonymous

Wolfy

Also, speaking of Dead Rising Two..for those that are playing....does anyone else thing that if you put Sunglasses and a Fedora on Chuck, he looks uncannily like the Sniper from TF2?

Edit:

Also speaking of Dead Rising two...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Capcom decided to go the "Hot Asian Woman in Bikini" route for advertising. :D

Wolfy

Also...Apparently Chuck Green is a fricken God of Duct Tape....seriously, this man can perform so many feats by just using Duct tape...making an Electric Chair out of a wheelchair and battery, or an Axe/Sledgehammer Combo that is clearly welded together...

He must carry around Magic Duct tape wherever he goes. O_o

Loke

Quote from: Wolfy on September 28, 2010, 11:26:09 PM
Also...Apparently Chuck Green is a fricken God of Duct Tape....seriously, this man can perform so many feats by just using Duct tape...making an Electric Chair out of a wheelchair and battery, or an Axe/Sledgehammer Combo that is clearly welded together...

He must carry around Magic Duct tape wherever he goes. O_o

Dead rising 2 and duck tape goes hand in hand  ;D
I myself am currently playing, Metal Gear Solid 3 on my Ps2 and Dragon Age: Origins on my Ps3
I have never undnderstood the female capacity of avoiding a straight answer to any question - Spock

My O/O    =][=   My Idea/Plot site constant upptates

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.235413-Nintendogs-Blamed-for-Enticing-Real-Dog-to-Attack-Child

O-o

Also, strangest weapon Combo I've found in DR2: Servbot Mask + Lawn mower.

He basically sticks the Lawnmower Engine and Blade ontop of the mask...then goes around head butting zombies while it's spinning.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Joining most of the people neglecting E, there work they should be doing, and small animals to play Dead Rising 2.

Most fun and practical combo I found.

Nails + MMA gloves = Tenderizer. Two words: Finish HIM!

The game still has some problems. Psychopath's are notorious spammers and unless you have Chuck's Dodge Roll most fights are going to be a test of how much food you carried into it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on September 29, 2010, 04:41:47 PM
Joining most of the people neglecting E, there work they should be doing, and small animals to play Dead Rising 2.

Most fun and practical combo I found.

Nails + MMA gloves = Tenderizer. Two words: Finish HIM!

The game still has some problems. Psychopath's are notorious spammers and unless you have Chuck's Dodge Roll most fights are going to be a test of how much food you carried into it.

I know, right? I had to let the first one expire because I couldn't beat him no matter what I did. >_> And now I'm at the third mission, and the enemies have guns. D: So while I'm trying to run at them to smack them in the face, they shoot me! D:

Wolfy

I'm so glad that I just rented Dead Rising 2.

Why? Because I just spent ooh...about an hour, maybe, of getting through case file 3-2...only to die at the end, thus negating all of my progress.

Checkpoints. This game needs them. >_>

Still good for killing zombies in fun ways, though..so not a total loss....I think I'll just say **** the story, and just kill zombies for my remaining time having it. o3o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 30, 2010, 01:24:18 PM
I'm so glad that I just rented Dead Rising 2.

Why? Because I just spent ooh...about an hour, maybe, of getting through case file 3-2...only to die at the end, thus negating all of my progress.

Checkpoints. This game needs them. >_>

Still good for killing zombies in fun ways, though..so not a total loss....I think I'll just say **** the story, and just kill zombies for my remaining time having it. o3o
Oh I think it's worth the buy, but you kind of have to know how Dead Rising worked in order to play 2. They didn't really change up the formula. The smarter A.I. for survivors is nice though.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Still. No Checkpoints, especially in this day and age, is like a taking a step-backwards in gaming evolution. o3o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 30, 2010, 06:38:47 PM
Still. No Checkpoints, especially in this day and age, is like a taking a step-backwards in gaming evolution. o3o
Bathrooms everywhere, Wolfy. Plus on a game like Dead Rising the potential to just get stuck in a total SNAFU of a checkpoint is like eighty percent possible. So maybe it was actually genius.

Oniya

Wolfy

Yes...in Dead Rising 2, you save...by taking a leak. o3o

Much like the save system in No More Heroes.

Anyway...right now I'm playing:

DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
Hydrophobia
Sonic Adventure
Blade Kitten

o3o

Oniya

Quote from: Wolfy on October 01, 2010, 11:13:37 PM
Yes...in Dead Rising 2, you save...by taking a leak. o3o

Much like the save system in No More Heroes.

That sounds oddly like an old NES game I used to have, called Golgo 13.  You could regain a little health by smoking or all your health by having sex (shown as two silhouettes behind a window, viewed from another building).

Rollard

I've just finished Trauma Team for the Wii. I thought it was great! Best story of the series, I think.

For a while I've been playing Dragon Quest IX. I'm over 40 hours in and still have a ways to go. I tried several party configurations until I decided to go with just four characters switching between three vocations each: I've got a Minstrel/Paladin/Luminary, a Warrior/Martial Artist/Gladiator, a Thief/Ranger/Armamentalist, and a Mage/Priest/Sage.

Dunnuck

I missed my modded xbox.

Dead Rising 2 is boss

Liam

I just got Enslaved: Odyssey To The West.

Nyarly

Quote from: Oniya on October 02, 2010, 12:55:15 AM
That sounds oddly like an old NES game I used to have, called Golgo 13.  You could regain a little health by smoking or all your health by having sex (shown as two silhouettes behind a window, viewed from another building).
Well, it's based on a manga/anime, that wasn't exactly G-Rated...

I've read that the author of the original Golgo 13 manga was drawing adaptions of James Bond novels, before he created Golgo 13. That would explain some things.

grayfoxz

too much for comfort :P

guitar hero WOR
Dear rising 2
lara croft and the guardian of light
chronicles of riddick: asault on dark athena/escape from butcher bay
and a few small ones here and there...