OC Wrestling Federation

Started by Primarch, May 13, 2014, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I was just looking through my own past posts and came across a wrestling game I was in that didn't get anywhere. That's an idea I'd like to give a try. I won't decide on a precise story line at this time until some characters are put in and we see what we have, but current ideas include a stable of established champions getting disrupted by an influx of eager newbloods (or talent purchased from a rival but failing federation). Possibly something as simple as the lead up to the annual major Pay-Per-View and everyone competing to get in on the prime fights at the chance for glory.

The game would likely be based, if anything, on the WWE and that represents about 95% of my wrestling knowledge to be perfectly honest. It would ultimately be a company built around our original characters however. While this game would obviously involve the wrestlers & divas, I think quite a lot of fun could be had if anyone had an interest in taking up commentators, interviewers/reporters, managers and any number of others that tend to be involved. As it stands I believe I will somewhat GM the game via a.....well GM NPC. Though if someone wishes to take up the character we can work out something for a means of directing the plot. 

There's a character sheet you can fill in here. The stats at the bottom will serve for the sheer purpose of giving a guideline on your characters strengths. I'm not going to put a limit on how many points you distribute, be reasonable and I won't need too. 

Character Template
[float=right][img height=500][/img][/float]
Played by:
Stage Name:
Height:
Weight:
Hometown:
Alignment: (Face, Tweener, Heel)
Gimmick: (A brief description of your wrestler)
Style:  (What kind of wrestler are you? Classic, Power, Hybrid, Striker, Guile, Speedster, Acrobat, Technical, Hardcore, Unorthodox, Olympian )
Signature Move(s):
Trademark Taunt: (Can be a phrase or gesture. Using your trademark taunt can help your wrestler out of a tough spot or give them that extra boost)
Theme Music:

Attributes

Durability: x/10
Strength:x/10
Technique: x/10
Submission: x/10
Speed/Aerial: x/10
Stamina: x/10
Charisma: x/10
Hardcore: x/10
Overall:

*Credit to WTF game for template

So if you are interested, please say so. Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome. Cheers.

Primarch

My own character, to get the ball rolling.

Played by: Primarch
Stage Name: Victor "The Imperator" O'Connor
Sex: Male
Height: 6'4
Weight: 285 lbs
Hometown: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick: Victor's gimmick is an aggressive dominator, established with high impact moves and short matches. Labeled as 'The fastest big guy in the game,' Victor won over early crowds with his impressive displays of athleticism and occasional dry wit. His in-ring ferocity, after match attacks and general unsportsman like behaviour quickly saw a heel turn.   
Style: Hybrid (Power/Speed)
Signature Move(s):
Shield Breaker
Clothesline from Hell
Superkick
Trademark Taunt: Victor has two trademark taunts, after performing his 'shield breaker' move or a similar high-impact slam and achieving a pin Victor taunts "Broken!" over his still 'unconscious' opponent. His other taunt is a reference to the Classic Roman origins to his nickname 'Imperator.' Victor extends a fist with his thumb pointing out sideways before tilting his thumb down. This is usually followed up with a particularly aggressive or callous attack.   
Theme Music: Blood is the Price of Glory

Attributes
Durability: 9/10
Strength:10/10
Technique: 8/10
Submission: 8/10
Speed/Aerial: 10/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 6/10
Hardcore: 6/10
Overall: 65

The Imperator

Primarch

Will we see 'The King' Aaron Shaw coming back?

Batman4560

I will say this, ALL HAIL THE KING!!!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Played by: Batman4560
Stage Name: The King Aaron Shaw
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 221 lbs
Hometown: The United Kingdom
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick: A man born to "Rule the Ring". The king was trained by the best in the U.K. The King quickly found success in every company he went to and by the age of 23 he had held every major wrestling belt in the country. Now He seeks to Rule the United States and prove his dominace by making a stable of Wrestlers that all hold the gold.
Style:  Hybrid Technical/Power
Signature Move(s):  Spinebuster- Jumping Knee drop- The Royal Mutilation (Triple fishermen suplex with a pin.)- "Hail to the King" (Flip piledriver)
Trademark Taunt: A wave to the crowd followed by a bow.
Theme Music: Hail to the king, Avenged Sevenfold

Attributes

Durability: 8.5/10
Strength:8.5/10
Technique: 9/10
Speed/Aerial: 7/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 8/10
Hardcore: 6/10
Overall: 63

Primarch

I've got to pop away for a few minutes, but click into my profile and check my old posts, its about 9 pages back.

MisterFirman

Color me interested in this!  I'll post my character's profile and whatnot momentarily.  I have to ask, would you prefer a face or a heel?  I'm comfortable playing either.

Primarch

This early it doesn't matter. Victor is a heel so you could a face to balance that out. Or take a heel too and make room for others to bring in more faces.

Batman4560

King is also a heel but I may also make a face down the road.

Strangefate

Posting tentative interest, not sure yet.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Primarch

lesleymoon

Color me interested as well! :)

I'd want to play a female wrestler...though if there isn't enough interest in ladies I'd be happy to be a valet/manager/interviewer type.

I do have one question....I know the characters are gonna be originals, but do you have any objection to using actual wrestlers as bases/models? Just curious before I start plotting, lol

Primarch

Quote from: lesleymoon on May 13, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
I do have one question....I know the characters are gonna be originals, but do you have any objection to using actual wrestlers as bases/models? Just curious before I start plotting, lol

I personally have no issue with doing so.

Batman4560

Prim, if you want I can play a GM and you play the Owner of the company. If that would help you at all?

Primarch

Batman4560

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Played by: Batman4560
Stage Name: Kyle Callaway
Sex:Male
Height:6'2"
Weight:197 lbs
Hometown: Cleveland Ohio
Alignment: Face
Gimmick: The GM of ___ Kyle is the kind of GM to do what is right. First and foremost he tries to put on the best possible show for his paying customers. He is prone to doing the right thing but takes no nonsense from anyone who attempts to undermine or question him. Kyle is a retired wrestler who held the world title for nearly a year straight and used his lethal double uppercut to finish his foes. He now uses the same move to end anyone who questions his final say. 
Style:  Classic
Signature Move(s): The Double Cut. (Two fist uppercut to the jaw)
Trademark Taunt: For the People!
Theme Music:

Attributes

Durability: 7
Strength: 8
Technique: 8
Submission: 2
Speed/Aerial: 3
Stamina: 4
Charisma: 9
Hardcore: 5
Overall: 43

xPeachyPuff

Interested! I'll work on a character and stuffs~

- Rainbow ♥

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Primarch

Right, I need to vanish now. I'll set up the Roster tomorrow, if people have any recommendations for an opening plot feel free to toss it out there. We can discuss it tomorrow regardless.

RubySlippers

Played by: Rubyslippers
Stage Name: Cackles the Clown
Height: 5 Ft./10 In.
Weight: 225 Lbs.
Hometown: Hell's Kitchen
Alignment: Tweener
Gimmick: A clown from a psych ward who lost it, and now brings his art to the ring.
Style:  Hybrid Guile/Unorthodox
Signature Move(s): Heart Punch, Foreign Objects, Spit Green Mist
Trademark Taunt: Form horns over his head with both hands.
Theme Music: Midnight Syndicate - Goons & Greasepaint  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSY8u6yAB7k

Attributes

Durability: 9.5/10
Strength: 6/10
Technique: 7/10
Submission: 6/10
Speed/Aerial: 6/10
Stamina: 9.5/10
Charisma: 8/10
Hardcore: 9/10
Overall: 61

Batman4560

Zeth

What system are you using? Is it only male wrestlers?

Primarch

Freeform, female wrestlers are welcome.

Primarch

Played by: Primarch
Stage Name: Mark Crane. 
Height: 5'11
Weight: 200 lbs
Hometown: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Alignment: Tweener
Gimmick: He's the boss (and you better believe its Mr. Crane to you). A pragmatist compared to his idealist General Manager. While both are interested in putting on the best show, Mr Crane is more likely to insist on appealing to the more base desires of the crowds. He is always on the search for more talent, always willing to offer his hand to help someone out of the dung of mortality and make them a legend in that ring. But if you don't provide, Mr. Crane will drop you like dead weight. More than once a story has seen him step into the ring and getting his hands dirty in a match and you can be damn sure that he's learned a thing or two after running this company for thirty years. 
Style: Classic
Signature Move(s):
Executive Decision - Spinebuster
Aggressive Negotiation - Figure four leglock

Trademark Taunt:
Theme Music:

Attributes

Durability: 8/10
Strength: 7/10
Technique: 5/10
Speed/Aerial: 3/10
Stamina: 6/10
Charisma: 6/10
Hardcore: 3/10
Overall: 46

Primarch

SpiralSpider

Heck, yeah! I used to be involved in forum-based wrestling roleplays a while ago. I'll work up a character bio shortly and I have no trouble playing announcers, commentators, managers, valets, etc.... as needed.

Played by: Spiral Spider
Stage Name: Hale Merry
Sex: Female
Height: 5'11
Weight: 207lbs
Hometown: Rochester, PA
Alignment: Neutral / "Tweener"
Gimmick: Merry started out as a mental patient out on a day pass with her nurse. She was keenly interested in professional wrestling and it was found to calm her down. Nurse Jen used to take her out to watch shows in person, not knowing that she was feeding her obsession in an unhealthy way. She latched on to wrestlers, becoming one part social vampire, one part keen mimic and the rest made up of the worst, stalking fan imaginable. In the beginning, she was a couch potato member of the peanut gallery, but she organized brutal back yard matches that sated her lust as she moved on from absorbing what info she could from independent league matches and on to sitting in the seats at televised events.

She formally broke into her wrestling career during an off-camera federation-run event where novices were invited into the ring to try to take down one of their champs for bragging rights. She got her ass handed to her over and over again, but her stamina and tenacity was impressive. It's hard to keep a girl down when she's laughing at you the entire time and appears to get off on the pain you deal her with almost every blow. As the wrestler she is today, she's known as being extremely hard to predict. While she loves submission holds, it's hard to see them coming. She's not all there, but she seems to be enjoying herself.
Style: unpredictable mix of technical, hardcore and power that lend to her own brand of unorthodox wrestling.
Signature Move(s):

• Poison Ivy - an exaggerated Texas Cloverleaf (an homage to her original idol, Dean Malenko. Hale is a submission artist at heart)
  • Crossface Chickenwing - because it's fun and she likes to hear people say it.
  • High Angle Half Crab (groin stretcher)
  • STF(U) - STF, on the ground submission hold focusing on shutting the opponent up.
  • Flowing Snap DDT - She spent much of her early career stalking and imitating Raven. She pulls off his "raven effect/evenflow" DDT flawlessly. She doesn't even bother giving it a name or a twist of her own. It's done out of habit at this point.
Trademark Taunt: Maniacal laughter after sustaining a particularly nasty blow.
Theme Music:

Attributes

Durability: 9/10
Strength:7/10
Technique: 8/10
Submission: 10/10
Speed/Aerial: 4/10
Stamina: 6/10
Charisma: 7/10
Hardcore: 9/10
Overall: 60

Other pics: 1 2 3

I don't have theme music for her yet. It used to be Marilyn Manson's "Dopehat" but I'd like to find something more current and/or culturally relevant. Definitely up for suggestions.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."