Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 10, 2015, 11:14:18 PM
Ahhhh okay.  I found the real version now, thanks for helping clear it up.  It looks like some of the stuff that replaces redundant abilities still is in place, so it still seems better.

I may have to wait until tomorrow to work more fully on the character sheet portion.  I need to familiarize myself with the paragon template a bit more, among other things.  For example, how does the triple gestalt thing affect stuff like saving throws, BAB, hit points, skill points, etc etc?  Do they all just get added together, or is there a more complex thing that I need to do?  Also, how do hit points for each hit die get resolved, do they need to be rolled individually, are they automatically maxed, or is it half of max plus one?

Once I get all of that nitty gritty number stuff done I can worry about feats and gear lol

Gestault affects BB, skill points, saves and the like in a very simple way. You get the value of whatever track gives the highest one in that catagory. so

Mystic: Wizard 12
Might: Barbarian 12

WOuld have d12 hit dice, goof fort and will saves, +4 skill point progression, cif any class has it as a class skill its one for them. BAB would be that of a barbarian.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

EdwardShane

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 10, 2015, 11:28:37 PM
It works like regular gestalt, except with 3 tracks instead of 2. Or are you not familiar with gestalt in general?

Not familiar in general.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 10, 2015, 11:28:53 PM
Gestault affects BB, skill points, saves and the like in a very simple way. You get the value of whatever track gives the highest one in that catagory. so

Mystic: Wizard 12
Might: Barbarian 12

WOuld have d12 hit dice, goof fort and will saves, +4 skill point progression, cif any class has it as a class skill its one for them. BAB would be that of a barbarian.

Oh, okay!  That makes sense, so just use the highest between all three tracks for any given thing.  That helps a lot to know, thank you.  ^^  Which means I need to look between all of monk, outsiders, sorcerers, and argent savants.  My hit die value is probably not going to be the best, but at least I know all of the base saving throws are going to be really good.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, PaleEnchantress covered it pretty well. Each level becomes a 'hybrid' level of all three tracks, you take the best Hit Die, BAB, and Saves at each level, and all racial/class features.

EdwardShane

Looks like it's gonna be d8 hit die, fighter BAB, good saving throws all around, and 8 + int skill points a level then.

I better take toughness for some extra hit points....or wait, sorry, "improved toughness" for 3.5.  I forget that they made toughness much better in pathfinder lol >.<

TheGlyphstone

You shouldn't need it, honestly. All your hit dice are automatically maxed, plus Con mod at each level, plus an extra 12 hit points per hit die on top of all that.

PaleEnchantress

Trying to decide on my signature magic item. Anyone remember the Mirror "Superbia" I made for the godstreet campaign? That would be one wicked choice. There is also my eternal favorite belt of the dread emperor.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

EdwardShane

Oh, they are?  Well, I suppose I can hold off on getting it until or unless I feel it's necessary, in that case.  Thanks, this is really going to help me when I start putting numbers down!

TheGlyphstone

As long as you can afford it, go wild.

Also...remember what I said upthread about there not being much hydra sexytimes?

I was wrong. Hydra erotic fiction. Wat.

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 10, 2015, 11:59:31 PM
As long as you can afford it, go wild.

Also...remember what I said upthread about there not being much hydra sexytimes?

I was wrong. Hydra erotic fiction. Wat.

I should note that our slime girl can also turn into a twelve-headed cryo-hydra for one of her wild shape forms, thanks to a feat from Frostburn...

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 11, 2015, 12:35:42 AM
I should note that our slime girl can also turn into a twelve-headed cryo-hydra for one of her wild shape forms, thanks to a feat from Frostburn...

Cryohydra x Pyrohydra. No, that won't get awkward at all. ;D

EdwardShane

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 11, 2015, 12:35:42 AM

The following is weirdly my reaction to that statement:

Anyway...what I got so far before going to bed, for a 12th level character as I am working on her so far.

HP: 360 (96 [8 x 12] + 144 [12 x 12] +120 [10 x 12])

STR: 30 / +10 mod (13 + 15 +2)
DEX: 34 / +12 mod (14 + 15 +2 +3)
CON: 30 / +10 mod (13 +15 +2)
INT: 30 / +10 mod (9 + 15 + 6)
WIS: 32 / +11 mod (13 + 15 + 4)
CHA: 50 / +20 mod (16 + 15 +16 +3)

Available Skill Points to spend: 216 (18 [8 + 10] x 12)

Saving throws: Fort +28 (8 + 10 + 10), Will +29 (8 + 11 + 10),  Ref +30 (8 + 12 +10)

Hopefully I'm not missing anything else yet.  This at least gives me a good, solid starting point for the character sheet.  Once I do skills, I can go to feats, and then onward to gear before touching up the rest of the numbers.  (for those curious, with sexy kung fu her AC currently sits at 77 [10 + 20 + 12 + 2 for base and stats, + 12 + 12 for paragon, and then +9 for natural armor] without feats or items.  This is also before she casts greater mage armor and shield, at which point it goes up by 14 more.)

TheGlyphstone

WHOOF. All done with mechanical sheet. I still need to write up its legend and describe its (small) cult, but here is the meaty bits of

WORLD-SCOUR, THE ALL-CONSUMING INFERNO

World-Scour, The All-Consuming Inferno (Empowered)

Multiheaded Lernaean Pyro Eight-Headed Hydra Of Legend//Totemist 12//Swordsage 2/Paladin of Slaughter 3/Soul Eater 7
Size/Type: Huge Magical Beast [Fire]
Hit Dice: 10d10+2d8+444 (560 HP) - 62 Hit Points per Head
Initiative: +17
Speed: 70ft. (14 squares), Swim 60ft., Fly 30ft. (Average)
Armor Class: 86 (+1 Armor, +2 Shield, +16 Dexterity, +12 Insight, +12 Luck, +25 Deflection, +10 Untyped, -2 Size), Touch 83, Flat-footed 70
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +12/+63
Attack: 9 Bites +73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/ melee/ranged touch (1d10+56/19-20/x2 plus Energy Drain), 20ft. range increment, max 100ft.
Full Attack: 9 Bites +73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/+73/ melee or ranged touch (1d10+48/19-20/x2 plus Energy Drain) and 4 claws +72/+72/+72/+72 melee or ranged touch (1d4+39/19-20/x2 plus Energy Drain); 20ft. range increment, max 100ft.
Space/Reach: 15ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Energy Drain, Deadly Touch, Smite Good 1/day, Debilitating Aura, Combat Reflexes
Special Qualities: Wild Empathy, Chakra Binds (Crown, Feat, Hands, Arms, Brow, Shoulders, Totem), Double Totem Bind, Rebind Totem Chakra  1/day, Totem's Protection, Totem Capacity +1, Totem Meld Level +1, Unholy Grace, Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus, Insightful Strike, Defensive Stance), Quick To Act +1, Soul Strength, Soul Enhancement, Soul Endurance, Soul Radiance, Immunity to Fire, Vulnerability to Cold, Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, DR 10/Epic, SR 55, Fast Healing 20, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision, Scent
Saves: Fort +71, Ref +63, Will +57
Abilities: Str 60 (+25), Dex 36/42 (+16), Con 60(+25), Int 17 (+3), Wis 27/31 (+10), Cha 23/27 (+8)
Skills: Balance +55, Escape Artist +53, Intimidate +48, Jump +58, Listen +56, Spot +56, Spellcraft +45, Swim +51, Tumble +57, +25 to all other skills
Skill Tricks: Clarity of Vision, Slipping Past, Twisted Charge
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (Bite), Dodge, Combat Expertise, Karmic Strike, Robilar's Gambit, Mindsight (B), Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Multiattack (B), Double Chakra (Totem) (B), Insane Defiance (B), Searing Breath (B), Leadership (B)

World-Scour, The All-Consuming Inferno (Depleted)

Multiheaded Lernaean Pyro Eight-Headed Hydra Of Legend//Totemist 12//Swordsage 2/Paladin of Slaughter 3/Soul Eater 7
Size/Type: Huge Magical Beast [Fire]
Hit Dice: 10d10+2d8+336 (452 HP) - 50 Hit Points per Head
Initiative: +17
Speed: 70ft. (12 squares), Swim 60ft., Fly 30ft. (Average)
Armor Class: 78 (+1 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Natural, +16 Dexterity, +12 Insight, +12 Luck, +16 Deflection, +10 Untyped, -2 Size), Touch 74, Flat-footed 62
Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +12/+63
Attack: 9 Bites +64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/ melee/ranged touch (1d10+39/19-20/x2 plus Energy Drain), 20ft. range increment, max 100ft.
Full Attack: 9 Bites +64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/+64/ melee or ranged touch (1d10+47/19-20/x2 plus Energy Drain) and 4 claws +63/+63/+63/+63 melee or ranged touch (1d4+35/19-20/x2 plus Energy Drain); 20ft. range increment, max 100ft.
Space/Reach: 15ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Energy Drain, Deadly Touch, Smite Good 1/day, Debilitating Aura, Combat Reflexes, Spell-Like Abilities, Robilar's Gambit, Karmic Strike
Special Qualities: Wild Empathy, Chakra Binds (Crown, Feat, Hands, Arms, Brow, Shoulders, Totem), Double Totem Bind, Rebind Totem Chakra  1/day, Totem's Protection, Totem Capacity +1, Totem Meld Level +1, Unholy Grace, Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus, Insightful Strike, Defensive Stance), Quick To Act +1, Soul Strength, Soul Enhancement, Soul Endurance, Soul Radiance, Immunity to Fire, Vulnerability to Cold, Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, DR 10/Epic, SR 55, Fast Healing 20, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision, Scent
Saves: Fort +47, Ref +48, Will +42
Abilities: Str 43 (+16), Dex 36/42 (+16), Con 43(+16), Int 17 (+3), Wis 27/31 (+10), Cha 23/27 (+8)
Skills: Balance +40, Climb +28, Escape Artist +38, Intimidate +33, Jump +34, Listen +41, Spot +41, Spellcraft +28, Swim +34, Tumble +40, +10 to all other skills
Skill Tricks: Clarity of Vision, Slipping Past, Twisted Charge
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (Bite), Dodge, Combat Expertise, Karmic Strike, Robilar's Gambit, Mindsight (B), Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Multiattack (B), Double Chakra (Totem), Insane Defiance (B), Searing Breath (B), Leadership (B)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

The nine heads of this titanic rust-red beast tower above you, glaring down in all directions with an unnatural intelligence and the gleam of unrestrained insanity. Several of the heads snap irritably at each other, or shoot small jets of crackling white fire into the air. Translucent blue energy surrounds its body, manifesting into the shape of clawed arms, horns, spiked armor plates, and other ghostly augments.

Special Abilities and Qualities

World-Scour can always attack with all of its heads, even if it moves or charges during a round.

Lernaean Regeneration: World-Scour cannot be slain by hit point damage to its body, it can only be slain by severing all of its heads and sealing the stumps. To sever a head, an enemy must perform a Sunder attempt with a slashing weapon - provoking an attack of opportunity unless they possess the Improved Sunder feat, and deal damage equal to its maximum HP divided by 9 (noted above). Once severed, the stump must be subjected to 5 points of acid damage within 1d4 rounds, or else two new heads will sprout from the stump. World-Scour can never have more than eighteen heads, and any heads above nine wither and die within a day.

Spells such as Disintegrate, Finger of Death, or Slay Living kill World-Scour if they succeed (though World-Scour is immune to death effects as long as its armor is equipped, and immune to the Disintegrate spell as long as it carries its Spellblade). A successful save against such spells inflicts its damage to one of World-Scour's heads.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day - greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility, CL15th

Energy Drain: Each hit by one of World-Scour's natural weapons, or any melee touch attack, inflicts 2 negative levels on its target. After 24 hours, each negative level inflicted can be removed with a successful DC 23 Fortitude save, or become a permanently lost level. World-Scour's natural attacks receive a +13 insight bonus to attack rolls for this ability (included in stat blocks above).

Soul Blast: Once per day after inflicting energy drain on any target, World-Scour can fire a ray of force energy at a target within 100ft. This inflicts 7d6 damage, Reflex DC40 negates. World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to the save DC to avoid this attack.

Soul Strength/Enhancement/Endurance: After inflicting energy drain on any target, World-Scour receives a +17 Enhancement bonus to its Strength and Constitution scores, a +15 enhancement bonus to saving throws, and a +15 enhancement bonus to skill and ability checks. This bonuses are included in the (Empowered) stat block above, and last for 24 hours.

Soul Radiance: If World-Scour completely drains a creature of energy, it may adopt the creature’s soul radiance, taking the victim’s form, appearance, and abilities (as the shapechange spell) for 24 hours.

Breath Weapon: Once every 1d4+1 rounds, World-Scour's nine heads can each breath a jet of devouring flame. Each jet is a 20-ft line, inflicting 3d6+13 fire damage to creatures in the line (Reflex DC30 Half, or DC39 if Empowered). This damage ignores all fire resistance possessed by the target, and deals half damage to creatures immune to fire before saving throws. World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to the damage of this attack.

Deadly Touch: World-Scour can inflict negative energy damage with a touch, to a maximum of 108 total damage each day divided among all uses of this ability, also inflicting Energy Drain as noted above. Each instance of this damage can be halved with a DC23 Fortitude save. This damage can also be used to heal undead creatures. World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to its effective paladin level to determine the maximum daily damage of this attack.

Smite Good: Once per day, World-Scour can deliver a smite attack with one of its regular melee attacks. This adds +8 to the attack roll and inflicts 16 additional points of damage to a target of good alignment. The attack has no effect against targets of non-good alignment, but is still used up if used on a non-good target. World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to its effective paladin level to determine the damage of this attack.

Robilar's Gambit: World-Scour can choose to adopt a risky fighting stance at the start of each turn. This gives all enemies attacking World-Scour in melee a +4 bonus to their attack and damage rolls, but after resolving each such attack, World-Scour may attempt an attack of opportunity against that enemy. This ability lasts until the start of World-Scour's next turn.

Karmic Strike: World-Scour can choose to leave itself vulnerable at the start of each turn. This gives it a -4 penalty to its Armor Class, but any opponent who makes a successful melee attack or melee touch attack provokes an attack of opportunity from World-Scour. This ability lasts until the start of World-Scour's next turn.

Combat Reflexes: World-Scour can make a maximum of 16 attacks of opportunity each turn. When World-Scour makes an attack of opportunity, it strikes with all of its heads as a single attack.

Discipline Focus: World-Scour receives the benefits of the Weapon Focus for all associated weapons of the Tiger Claw discipline. When making a strike from the Tiger Claw or Desert Wind disciplines, World-Scour adds its Wisdom modifier (+10) to the damage roll. When in a Tiger Claw stance, World-Scour receives a +2 bonus to saving throws. World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to its effective Swordsage level to determine the benefits of this ability.

Clarity of Vision: As a swift action, World-Scour can focus its vision and attempt a DC20 Spot check. If successful, it can pinpoint the location of all invisible creatures within 30ft. until the start of its next turn.

Slipping Past: As a swift action, World-Scour can ignore the penalties to movement, attacks, and AC caused by squeezing into a narrow space for one round.

Twisted Charge: When World-Scour charges, it can make a single turn of up to 90 degrees during the charge, as long as it had line of sight to its target at the start of the charge.

Debilitating Aura: All enemies within 10ft. of World-Scour suffer a -14 penalty to their Armor Class. World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to the penalty inflicted by this ability.

Mindsight: World-Scour can can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless (anything with an Intelligence score of 1 or higher) within range of its telepathy. This works much like blindsense—World-Scour knows what square each thinking being is in, but it does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless World-Scour can see it by some other means. World-Scour also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being’s type and Intelligence score. The creature need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being’s race and clothing would be to eyesight.

Insane Defiance: If World-Scour is targeted by a mind-affecting spell or ability, it can voluntarily suffer 1 point of Wisdom damage as an immediate action to redirect the spell or ability to any other target within the spell's range. The new target takes a -4 circumstance penalty on any saving throw versus the ability.

Wild Empathy: World-Scour can improve the attitude of an animal or magical beast. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person, including distance and time required. World-Scour rolls 1d20+33 to determine the wild empathy check result. Versus magical beasts with an affinity to the soulmelds World-Scour has shaped (currently Displacer Beasts, Pegasi, Girallons, Sphinxes, Shedus, and the Tarrasque), World-Scour receives an additional +4 on the check. Against magical beasts with a Intelligence score of 1 or 2, it receives a -4 penalty.  World-Scour receives a +13 insight bonus to its effective totemist level to determine the result of this ability.

Unholy Grace: World-Scour adds its Charisma bonus to all saving throws.

Totem's Protection: World-Scour receives a +4 bonus to saving throws against the supernatural abilities of magical beasts.

Rebind Totem Chakra: Once per day, World-Scour can unbind a soulmeld from its totem chakra and rebind another soulmeld it has already shaped to its totem chakra. This is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Soul of Evil: World-Scour has been empowered by consuming the flesh and soul of the Elder Evil Ragnorra, along with countless numbers of her servants, but the Mother of Monsters' malign power continues to taint it in mysterious ways and subtly influence its actions. This provides the benefits of swearing service to an Elder Evil as noted in Elder Evils - a bonus [Vile] feat plus one additional [Vile] feat for every five Hit Dice.

Meldshaping

Soulmelds (Meldshaper level 27th (28th for Totem chakra) - 9 Essentia, Max 6 Soulmelds
Currently Shaped/Bound:
- Dread Carapace (Arms, Totem, 4 Essentia invested): Gives a -4 penalty to attack rolls and a +4 bonus to damage rolls to all natural weapons, or +8 to all bite attacks. Gain Improved Critical for all natural weapons. Whenever World-Scour charges, enemies within 60ft. are Shaken for one round (Will DC30 or 39 negates). Penalties and bonuses included in stat blocks above.
-Girallon Arms (Totem, 0 Essentia Invested): Gives a +2 bonus to Climb and Grapple checks. Gain 4 Claw attacks, included in stat blocks above.
-Pegasus Cloak (Shoulders, 3 Essentia Invested): Constant Feather Fall effect, +8 enhancement bonus to Jump checks. Gain 30ft. fly speed with Average maneuverability.
-Shedu Crown (Crown, 2 Essentia Invested): Immune to Bull Rush, Telepathy 100ft. +2 to saves vs. mind-affecting effects.
-Sphinx Claws (Hands, 0 Essentia Invested): +1 competence bonus to Strength-based skill checks. Can make a full attack with all natural weapons at the end of a charge.
-Threefold Mask of the Chimera (0 Essentia Invested): Cannot be Flanked.

Martial Techniques

Swordsage Maneuvers - 7 known, 4 readied, Initiator level 3rd - +13 damage when initiating any strike or boost
1st: Burning Blade*, Counter Charge*, Sudden Leap*, Wind Stride, Distracting Ember, Wolf Fang Strike, Blood In The Water Stance, Stance of Clarity
2nd: Burning Brand*

Magic Items and Equipment

Pendant of the Inescapable Beast
77000 = Amulet of Mighty Fists +3 and +4 Wisdom, Continuous Blood Wind, Continuous Wraithstrike

Other
34500 = Vest of Resistance +5 and Acid Resistance 30
   7000 = +1 Mouthpick Spellblade (Disintegrate) Greatsword
18875 = +1 Soulfire Ring of Armor (reslotted Bracers of Armor) w/ Force Shield
22125 = Boots of Striding and Springing and +6 Dexterity
32000 = Ring of Continuous Scintillating Scales and +4 Charisma
2400 = Chaos Shuffle [Improved Initiative] into [Mindsight]
2400 = Chaos Shuffle [Willing Deformity] into [Searing Breath]
2400 = Chaos Shuffle [Vile Natural Attack] into [Double Chakra]
  280 = Psychic Reformation [Craft Magic Arms and Armor] into [Combat Expertise]
  280 = Psychic Reformation [Craft Wondrous Item] into [Karmic Strike]
  280 = Psychic Reformation [Level 11 Feat] into [Robilar's Gambit]

460GP worth of precious gems embedded in its hide.

The Legend: A World Reborn In Flames

Not all worlds are blessed with a group of four to six diversely skilled and well-equipped heroes, always ready to battle whatever apocalyptic threat might be looming above their home. Indeed, for every such world with a band of champions available to defend it, a thousand have none, and swiftly crumble in the face of impending destruction. The story of World-Scour begins on one such world, full of life but helpless when it was set upon by Ragnorra, the Mother of Monsters. With no heroes to foil her cultists or purge her lesser children, the Elder Evil's spores wreaked havoc across the planet, and when she landed bodily on its surface there were few still capable of opposing her. Many of those swiftly fell in turn, infected and converted to her service.

With doom at hand, the handful of surviving leaders of the planet's shattere populace gathered to create a last-ditch weapon to deploy against Ragnorra. Three druids, two paladins - one of light and one of darkness. Two wizards, one disciple of the Nine Swords, and one incarnum adept. From the depths of the primordial swamps where Ragnorra's infections had not yet spread, they called forth a mighty primal hydra. Vast magical energies were poured into its flesh, strengthening and toughening it beyond even a hydra's already legendary resilience. Spells were worked upon it and wrought deep into its body, and the greatest artifacts yet remaining to the defenders repurposed to fit its bestial shape. The flames of its breath would sear Ragnorra's poison clean where it walked, and every converted minion of the Mother that it consumed would further bolster its power. With their living abomination almost complete, the nine gave one last thing to its creation - their own souls, sacrificed in a ritual to empower the ur-hydra and control it.

Driven by their minds, it assaulted the seething flesh-barriers and hordes of minions that protected Ragnorra, leaving ash and charred ruin in its wake. Its mighty jaws tore flesh and soul together, devouring the scraps for sustenance and energy, but as the souls within it grew in number, the control of its creators grew thin. Eventually, they were but a few among thousands, and at the lip of Ragnorra's crater could only urge it to destroy. Unstoppable, it assaulted the Elder Evil's corporeal form where she had rooted herself in the planet's crust. Great gobbets of alien flesh were shredded and devoured, and with every bite a tiny piece of Ragnorra's soul and power went with it. And in the process, the devouring beast became something even greater and more terrible than its creators had ever imagined, a near-indestructible engine of apocalyptic death. The shards of Ragnorra's essence corrupted the creature even as they empowered it, joining the cacophony of maddened souls that inhabited its body. It knew only destruction, devastation, and utter fiery ruin, rampaging across the corrupted world and laying waste to everything it encountered. Nothing would be spared, whether infected or pure, and the remaining survivors fled in impotent terror before the beast they had unleashed upon their world.

I'm actually a little scared by my own creation.

Sain

Looks pretty sweet, though the movespeed seems unnaturally slow...  as a paragon your speed is tripled. Was your original landspeed really that low :D?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

TheGlyphstone

Yup - Hydras have a base speed of 20ft., swim 20ft. Very, very slow compared to most stuff - though between its ability to pounce things and the Blood wind effect of its pendant, its effective threat radius is decently big.

Now with Legend!

EdwardShane

Damn, that's a cool monster.  If they're all like that, hopefully I can manage to create a suitable addition with my succubus.  o.o

As it is I plan to finish the character sheet after I get off of work, though I would love suggestions for feats and itemization beyond the obvious choice of a Monk's belt.  (perhaps enhanced beyond a simple monk's belt into the legendary item, maybe?  I need to think up her legend...)

Sain

Well there is some difference in power between the monsters :P They aren't all like that.

avorae

So after careful considerations of the Suggestions thus far my build now looks something like this:

Gestalt 1: Anthro [Brown Bear] 5/Half-Celestial 4/??? 3
Gestalt 2: Monk 9/ Fist of the forest 3
Gestalt 3: Paladin 12

Feats build
1st: Serenity
3rd: Power Attack
6th: Great Fortitude
9th: ???
12th: ???
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Sain

You get feats every odd level with our custom rules. Also one extra from the paragon template that can be even an epic feat if you otherwise qualify for it. You could consider grabbing some feats for the paladin side. Battle blessing is pretty sweet. Leadership is also fun because cohorts are nice.Divine might could be nice depending on your final cha score for good FoB burst with power attack and all. Could also put some feats into your mount, but dunno how you could get some thematically fitting animal for your pandabear, though I guess you can also just refluff whatever mount you get into some kind of forest animal (moose or deer etc.)

Zaer Darkwail

Or no mount at all and take either charging smite (double smite benefits at end of charge vs target) or get divine spirit (from dungeonscape).

Anycase yes, you get feat at every odd level like in pathfinder; 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 (so total six feats not related to class). Also every 4th level you get +1 to two stats than just one stat (so besides all template stuff remember you get the every 4 HD stat increases too).

TheGlyphstone: Your legendary hydra looks okay to me and ready to go :). So here is charsheet section (no need use format what we used but it would be cool if you can pull it off); https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219360.0

Of course cohort and followers if any need bit detail, but not deep. Cohort needs decided mostly.

TheGlyphstone

The MM4 format bugs me for some reason, so I used the 'regular' format instead. I'll see what i can do about converting it when I get a chance.

And yeah, don't feel like you have to make something as big as mine, Edward. World-Scour is pretty much a blunt instrument of smashing and wrecking , with nothing approaching 'subtlety' or 'diplomacy' in its skill repertoire. Using a Succubus as your base creature sends you into an entirely different specialty area, so you'll be just fine and effective in plenty of situations I'd be utterly helpless at.

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 11, 2015, 01:18:13 PM
The MM4 format bugs me for some reason, so I used the 'regular' format instead. I'll see what i can do about converting it when I get a chance.

Either format is fine, actually.  I just used the MM4 format for mine because I wanted to. ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, TheGlyphstone is legendary monster which specializes in physical destruction and havoc (but nothing else almost). While as succubus martial artist has wider area where she can operate (and more means solve problems; hydra would bash and keep bashing head against adamantine gate until it breaks where as succubus just straight walks through it with ethereal form).

Idea of the game though is to have fun and so most encounters are one which suit your strength perfectly, but I like throw some challenging tasks and make you think how outside the box your build can be used (so not impossible scenarios but the default one may not be so effective always).

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 11, 2015, 01:24:34 PM
Either format is fine, actually.  I just used the MM4 format for mine because I wanted to. ^^

Yeah, same here. I just suggested friendly manner the format so we keep 'similar' looking sheets but it's not requirement if it bugs you too much to do :P.

TheGlyphstone

I'm pretty sure I could just eat my way through a literal adamantine gate, but that doesn't make your point any less valid. ;D

EdwardShane

Fair enough!  I'll get to work on, at the very least, getting the nitty gritty numbers taken care of soon.  We'll see what feedback you guys might have for me from there, as I am open to recommendations to make her as optimally as I can using stuff I don't know about :P

Also, important question for feats....are pathfinder feats viable?