Fifty Word Flash Fiction

Started by Jeramiahh, May 01, 2007, 01:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

Borrowing from another forum, the rules are simple; write a story in fifty words.

The crowd murmurs expectantly, as the man is led to the stage. It’s his big day. They’re all here to see him. He looks over the crowd nervously; they’re rabid, wanting to get the show going. The sun hangs high overhead. He takes his bow. The headsman swings his axe.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Ajoxer

OOC: Alex, I can write that fiction in ten words.

And when he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Xerial

Celestial Goblin

She thought about only one thing. Was it her husband who had her imprisoned? Sent into dark jail in chains? She heard someone coming towards her cell.

It was him!

Was it all a mistake and he came to free her?
One look into his triumphant eyes convinced her othwerise!

Servant Girl

Naive, she tumbled into his clutches
Suffering, humiliation, she clung to her old life.
Abused and violated she learnt to love her chains.
Passed around, she found fulfilment in her role.
Cast aside, she drifted seeking to please the men in her life.
Finally, she found her place.

Ixy

“Bodies don't sink,” she told her eyes, one swollen purple and black, in the rearview mirror, “if there isn't anything to weigh them down.”

The comprehension came reluctantly, nudged its way through a sheer curtain of denial, as she recognized the hard shape beneath her leg was the forgotten padlock.

Zephraim

So,...this was what it was like to be a man?  Hefting the heavy safety razor in his hand before touching it to his face, scraping it down through the Barbasol, the sudden spurt of blood bright against the white enamel of the sink.

It hurt to be a man.
If only I had as much fun at my work as I work at my fun....

Brittlby

It seemed a good idea at the time.

She fought the binding ropes with bloodied fingers, mascara running into her eyes.  The choke-chain bit her pale flesh, bile and cashew chicken burning her throat as something collapsed with a rattling gurgle.

Damn it. What was her safety word, again?
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Kalyx

Standing in the cafeteria line, Jacob spotted her the girl he had been fixated upon; it was
Cold-blooded? Certainly not!

Beguile's Mistress

She watched him walk away, knowing he’d never come back again.  It hurt her to let him go but it would have hurt more to let him stay.  He only thought he loved her and that would never be enough for either of them or for a future life together.

Sinna Mystika

As she watched with unseeing eyes and listened with ears that no longer heard, she remembered what she had wanted to say to him.  “So this is the end,” she thought. “Just a moment too late, but never to be.”