(Pathfinder) Interest Check / Recruitment - Iron Gods

Started by Chulanowa, October 07, 2015, 11:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Quote from: persephone325 on October 09, 2015, 02:47:22 AM
I'm very familiar with the d20 website and the calculator. And I have a bunch of old sheets on Mythweavers. It's just been a while since I had to do anything with them, so I feel like I'm going to be a bit rusty. lol

No problem. Any questions, just ask  :-)

BAMF

...dammit, Chul. Your avatar is following the beat to my song (Fire Burning by Sean King).
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

persephone325

Thank you guys! ^^

Here's hoping I won't make too many mistakes on my first go. XD
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 08, 2015, 08:41:32 PM
Lunar Raven,

I'm not sure yet. I'd have to familiarize myself with te multiclassing variant in there to decide
Its not a huge thing, just thought it might provide for some interesting options - generally, instead of having to actually change between two (or three or more) classes, you can progress by staying in a single class (and thus getting the full range of its abilities) and obtain some of abilities of a secondary class, generally at the expense of the number of feats you have (basically losing feats at 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th levels for some class abilities from the secondary class).

As I said, don't worry about it too much, I was just seeing if the option would be available.  :-)
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Quote from: eBadger on October 09, 2015, 02:46:12 AM

Image is artwork, plain white background, a male swashbuckler holding a rapier in his right hand which is pointed down and to the side at an angle for a side view of the blade, stepping forward with left hand holding a flagon of ale at shoulder height, a few suds splashing, as though in a toast.  Lots of brown; high leather boots, brown pants might be leather or cloth, a trio of wide leather belts and a baldric with large silver buckles covers his waist from hips to lower rib cage accented by a low hanging off-white sash.  A shortsleeved leather jacket, long dark brown cloth sleeves, leather gloves; a slightly open collar shows a linen shirt that matches the sash in color, the collar slightly askew.  Square jaw, clean shaven chin, long straight nose, unkempt brown hair, his chin is slightly down, mouth in a grin at the viewer.  The impression is a seasoned swashbuckler with slightly intimidating good humor; perhaps toasting someone just before a duel begins or giving an ironic cheer to someone he doesn't like.

Sounds great! Just have to make some minor changes and it'll work!

Thanks much Friend, I'll buy you a good flagon of ale when we have a chance to stop off at a bar... I'll give you a lesson in the manly art of wenching as well. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chulanowa

Quote from: BAMF on October 09, 2015, 03:16:24 AM
...dammit, Chul. Your avatar is following the beat to my song (Fire Burning by Sean King).

Dem pigtails, right?

BAMF

Badger, I came across this picture & it made me think of your marionette so I thought I'd share. (Also, Dita Von Teese = <3. ::) )
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

I just noticed something, regardign the campaign trait "Local Ties"
Local Ties
You have ties to a prominent local in the town of Torch—the missing wizard Khonnir Baine. If you’re a wizard, alchemist, or other scholarly type, he may have been your tutor or teacher. If you’re of a more martial bent, Khonnir could instead have been a friend or business associate of your mother, father, or patron. He may even have been your adoptive father, in which case you likely have a bond of friendship or rivalry with his adopted daughter Val (your GM has more information on her in this case if you wish to know more for your character’s background). Your association with Khonnir has given you insight into how technology works. Choose Disable Device or Knowledge (engineering). You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with this skill, and it is a class skill for you. In addition, you are treated as if you possessed the Technologist feat for the purposes of resolving checks associated with that skill. If you gain the Technologist feat, your trait bonus for the selected skill increases to +3.

I just want to make a note here - You don't have to go with Khonnir Baine for this, at least not with me DM'ing. Feel free to pick up someone from the list of NPC's I noted for the town, pretty much any of whom would give you pretty much the same benefit. Is the Junkmaster your doddering uncle? Did you once have a joint business venture with Sanvill Trett? Are you the long-lost half-dragon daughter of the Black Sovereign, Kevoth-Kul? Maybe you and Val Baine are just besties 4-eva?

Blinkin

I did pick Local Connection at first, but as there is always 1 trait in all of the adventure paths that everyone wants, and this seems to be the one, I switched to something else. The original idea was that Tari, the scrapped character, was a good friend of Val from frequent visits to the community... but now, it's mute.

Andru's history does have him being friendly with some people in the community, but nothing of import or worth calling it a local connection. More along the lines of pen-pals or something.

I did take a trait that gave Disable Device as a class skill, but it's strickly the rogue's version, since traditionally, roues are the least common class to see in a game and someone has to be able to open locked doors. It also gave the character a little more depth and a hint of the larceny in his heart that just makes him a little more interesting.

Unfortunately, it seems that the other traditional element is also missing... the nearly all female party... which prompted me to play a male this time. *shrugs*

Anyway, here's hoping that not everything in the path is immune to precision damage... I enjoyed Ghostwheel's game, but without the precision damage, Swashbucklers just don't dish out much damage against anything with damage reduction.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheGlyphstone

Okay, so I've finished my proposed backstory. Going to work on the mechanics now.

Grub, The Biggest Goblin Ever

When the Scrapchewer tribe's chieftain was killed leading a raid on the nearby human town, the Scrapchewers found themselves with a puzzling and dangerous problem. Normally, the death of a goblin chieftain would have the strongest or sneakiest potential successor claiming the vacant seat, but in this  particular case there were three different candidates of roughly equal ability. The first one to jump would get ganged up on by the other two, and directly attacking one rival would leave their back defenseless against the third. Leaderless, the goblins dithered and fought and argued for days until the Scrapchewer shaman came up with an idea. The last chieftain had been killed by the man-chief of the town - whichever of the three prospective chieftains could sneak into the man-chief's home and steal the best thing from him would be most worthy of becoming the new chief. So they set out, creeping into the great human town under cover of night with a remarkably un-goblin-like focus on their task and finding the big stone hut that the man-chief lived in.

The first goblin went left at the entrance, and found the huge room and table where the man-chief ate his dinner. A great fire burned in one wall, and the first goblin knew to steal the man-chief's fire would show he was best, so he took a burning brand from the fire and ran for his life. But as the guards saw him and chased, he ran so fast that the wind of his passage extinguished the torch, and the first goblin returned to the Scrapchewers in failure.

The second goblin went right at the entrance, and found the room of swords and armor where the man-chief and his soldiers kept their weapons. A huge, jeweled sword sat on a pedestal in the center of the room, and the second goblin knew to steal the man-chief's own sword would show he was best, so he took the great sword and ran for his life. But as the guards saw him and chased, the weight of the sword slowed him down. He would not abandon his prize, so the dogs ran him down, and the second goblin did not return to the Scrapchewers at all.

The third goblin went up from the entrance, to the upper floor of the stone hut, but seeing nothing worth stealing at first, he decided to stop for a snack. A delicious smell came from one room, the unmistakable scent of a baby - but as the third goblin crept into the nursery, he was struck with an even better idea. He knew that humans liked their babies very much, and to steal the man-chief's own baby - for it could be no one else's baby, not here in the heart of the man-chief's home - would show he was best. So he lifted the sleeping baby from its crib and crept out the way he had came. He went slow and quiet, so that the guards and the dogs did not notice him at all, even as the angry baby bit him when he muffled its cries. Eventually, the third goblin returned to the Scrapchewers; wet,cold, and thoroughly chewed upon, but alive with his prize.

The winner of the game was clear, being the only goblin to return with their prize. Many of the other goblins expected a feast of delicious roast baby to celebrate the ascension but again, the new chieftain had other ideas. The man-chief had taken their last chieftain from the Scrapchewers, and now the Scrapchewers had taken the human's next chief from them - but they would not stop there. He would see the baby taught to be a proper goblin, not a weak and stupid man; any chieftain could tame a wolf or worg, only a truly great chieftain could tame a human.

So began the life of Grub, the Biggest Goblin In The World.

Goblins barely knew how to take care of their own babies, so it was to be expected that Grub - so named because it was pale, soft, and wriggled a lot - would fare the same or worse. Certainly Chief Mudbubbler had no idea what to feed Grub, when he remembered to feed the baby at all, but luckily there were enough soft slugs and bugs in the random piles of 'food' he dumped into the man-baby pen for Grub to thrive. Years passed, and eventually the attempts to steal the baby away for someone else's dinner faded as it became obvious Mudbubbler meant what he said and was not simply fattening it up all for himself. Grub became a sort of mascot for the Scrapchewer tribe, helped along in acceptance by his cheerful and extremely goblinesque willingness to resort to violence at the slightest provocation. Being as big as strong as any goblin even as a young child, he was a perfectly loyal enforcer for Chief Mudbubbler, even as he regularly snuck into the shaman's hut to threaten the secrets of various elixirs and potions out of the far more fragile goblin. When Mudbubbler was eaten by a crocodile, Grub simply transferred his obedience to the next Chief, but was no longer entirely  content as a Scrapchewer. For the first time, he wondered what lay beyond the tribes' borders  - it was a dangerous world for goblins, but he was a very dangerous goblin. One story in particular had long captured his imagination, for it was said (more like screamed, under torture) that far to the north lay another human town built around a huge purple flame that never went out. Unhealthily fascinated with fire even by goblin standards, Grub knew he had to see this flame, and learn its secrets. He could keep normal torches burning, and beat people over the head with them, but a torch of purple fire would be truly wondrous.

So Grub set out to the north, into the wilds of Numeria in search of the great purple flame. He had learned enough from human captives to be able to communicate, and was smart enough to know that he had to disguise himself as a human and not let people know he was actually a goblin (which proved remarkably easy). Eventually he found the town of Torch, only to learn the horrifying news; the great purple flame that never went out...had gone out. This had to be fixed, else his quest had been for naught. He would do anything to restore that purple flame, whoever or whatever got in his way...

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 09, 2015, 03:16:51 PM
Okay, so I've finished my proposed backstory. Going to work on the mechanics now.

Grub, The Biggest Goblin Ever

When the Scrapchewer tribe's chieftain was killed leading a raid on the nearby human town, the Scrapchewers found themselves with a puzzling and dangerous problem. Normally, the death of a goblin chieftain would have the strongest or sneakiest potential successor claiming the vacant seat, but in this  particular case there were three different candidates of roughly equal ability. The first one to jump would get ganged up on by the other two, and directly attacking one rival would leave their back defenseless against the third. Leaderless, the goblins dithered and fought and argued for days until the Scrapchewer shaman came up with an idea. The last chieftain had been killed by the man-chief of the town - whichever of the three prospective chieftains could sneak into the man-chief's home and steal the best thing from him would be most worthy of becoming the new chief. So they set out, creeping into the great human town under cover of night with a remarkably un-goblin-like focus on their task and finding the big stone hut that the man-chief lived in.

The first goblin went left at the entrance, and found the huge room and table where the man-chief ate his dinner. A great fire burned in one wall, and the first goblin knew to steal the man-chief's fire would show he was best, so he took a burning brand from the fire and ran for his life. But as the guards saw him and chased, he ran so fast that the wind of his passage extinguished the torch, and the first goblin returned to the Scrapchewers in failure.

The second goblin went right at the entrance, and found the room of swords and armor where the man-chief and his soldiers kept their weapons. A huge, jeweled sword sat on a pedestal in the center of the room, and the second goblin knew to steal the man-chief's own sword would show he was best, so he took the great sword and ran for his life. But as the guards saw him and chased, the weight of the sword slowed him down. He would not abandon his prize, so the dogs ran him down, and the second goblin did not return to the Scrapchewers at all.

The third goblin went up from the entrance, to the upper floor of the stone hut, but seeing nothing worth stealing at first, he decided to stop for a snack. A delicious smell came from one room, the unmistakable scent of a baby - but as the third goblin crept into the nursery, he was struck with an even better idea. He knew that humans liked their babies very much, and to steal the man-chief's own baby - for it could be no one else's baby, not here in the heart of the man-chief's home - would show he was best. So he lifted the sleeping baby from its crib and crept out the way he had came. He went slow and quiet, so that the guards and the dogs did not notice him at all, even as the angry baby bit him when he muffled its cries. Eventually, the third goblin returned to the Scrapchewers; wet,cold, and thoroughly chewed upon, but alive with his prize.

The winner of the game was clear, being the only goblin to return with their prize. Many of the other goblins expected a feast of delicious roast baby to celebrate the ascension but again, the new chieftain had other ideas. The man-chief had taken their last chieftain from the Scrapchewers, and now the Scrapchewers had taken the human's next chief from them - but they would not stop there. He would see the baby taught to be a proper goblin, not a weak and stupid man; any chieftain could tame a wolf or worg, only a truly great chieftain could tame a human.

So began the life of Grub, the Biggest Goblin In The World.

Goblins barely knew how to take care of their own babies, so it was to be expected that Grub - so named because it was pale, soft, and wriggled a lot - would fare the same or worse. Certainly Chief Mudbubbler had no idea what to feed Grub, when he remembered to feed the baby at all, but luckily there were enough soft slugs and bugs in the random piles of 'food' he dumped into the man-baby pen for Grub to thrive. Years passed, and eventually the attempts to steal the baby away for someone else's dinner faded as it became obvious Mudbubbler meant what he said and was not simply fattening it up all for himself. Grub became a sort of mascot for the Scrapchewer tribe, helped along in acceptance by his cheerful and extremely goblinesque willingness to resort to violence at the slightest provocation. Being as big as strong as any goblin even as a young child, he was a perfectly loyal enforcer for Chief Mudbubbler, even as he regularly snuck into the shaman's hut to threaten the secrets of various elixirs and potions out of the far more fragile goblin. When Mudbubbler was eaten by a crocodile, Grub simply transferred his obedience to the next Chief, but was no longer entirely  content as a Scrapchewer. For the first time, he wondered what lay beyond the tribes' borders  - it was a dangerous world for goblins, but he was a very dangerous goblin. One story in particular had long captured his imagination, for it was said (more like screamed, under torture) that far to the north lay another human town built around a huge purple flame that never went out. Unhealthily fascinated with fire even by goblin standards, Grub knew he had to see this flame, and learn its secrets. He could keep normal torches burning, and beat people over the head with them, but a torch of purple fire would be truly wondrous.

So Grub set out to the north, into the wilds of Numeria in search of the great purple flame. He had learned enough from human captives to be able to communicate, and was smart enough to know that he had to disguise himself as a human and not let people know he was actually a goblin (which proved remarkably easy). Eventually he found the town of Torch, only to learn the horrifying news; the great purple flame that never went out...had gone out. This had to be fixed, else his quest had been for naught. He would do anything to restore that purple flame, whoever or whatever got in his way...

That's fucking amazing, and you're first in line if I ever run "We Be Goblins!" Seriously, you're making me want to start a second interest check thread here  ;D

The downside is... yeah, that's a lot of wacky. Might you have a similarly remarkable, if somewhat more conventional character up that sleeve of yours?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2015, 03:30:05 PM
That's fucking amazing, and you're first in line if I ever run "We Be Goblins!" Seriously, you're making me want to start a second interest check thread here  ;D

The downside is... yeah, that's a lot of wacky. Might you have a similarly remarkable, if somewhat more conventional character up that sleeve of yours?

...I could if I really have to, yeah. Can the concept be salvaged to tolerable levels of wacky? It's not even really meant to be wacky at all, rather a bit sinister in actual play....a human who thinks he is and thinks like a goblin, but with a human's intellect and strength.

If it's just not workable, I can put together a White Mage Arcanist to cover our current apparent lack of both divine and arcane magic.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lunar Raven on October 09, 2015, 04:34:54 AM
Its not a huge thing, just thought it might provide for some interesting options - generally, instead of having to actually change between two (or three or more) classes, you can progress by staying in a single class (and thus getting the full range of its abilities) and obtain some of abilities of a secondary class, generally at the expense of the number of feats you have (basically losing feats at 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th levels for some class abilities from the secondary class).

As I said, don't worry about it too much, I was just seeing if the option would be available.  :-)

After looking at it, gotta say no, I'm gonna stick with conventional multiclassing. But! I've decided to also use the fractional base bonuses system.

For those without unchained, here's how it works.

Math 'n' stuff
Each class has a certain Base Attack Bonus progression, based off of its hit die value. d6 characters get +1/2 BAB each level, D8 characters get +3/4, and D10 and D12 characters get +1 per level. Also, classes get "good saves" (start at +2, advance by 1/2 every level) and "bad saves" (start at 0, advance by 1/3 every level).

Normally these fractions are rounded down for the class information, before you add it to your character; a level 1 rogue, for instance, is written as BAB +0, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0.

With fractional advancement though, you "keep" those fractions. That rogue is instead BAB +3/4, Fort +1/3, Ref +2 1/2, Will +1/3.

Now, if you only stick with the one class, nothing changes, they advance just like the class charts say, and fractions don't add do your rolls or anything anyway. But when you multiclass, you add all those fractions together. So say you multiclass Rogue 1 / Wizard 1.

Standard: BAB +0, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +2
Fractional: BAB +1 1/4, Fort +2/3, Ref +2 5/6, Will +2 5/6

Do note that you do not get the +2 bonus from "good" saves twice. So, say you add in a level of cleric, which like Wizard, has a good Will save. You would end up with: BAB +2, Fort +3 1/6, Ref +3 1/3, Will +3 1/3
Where with standard multiclassing, you would end up with BAB +0, Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4

Basically, it lets you get a little bit more out of your base scores when you multiclass.

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 09, 2015, 03:35:12 PM
...I could if I really have to, yeah. Can the concept be salvaged to tolerable levels of wacky? It's not even really meant to be wacky at all, rather a bit sinister in actual play....a human who thinks he is and thinks like a goblin, but with a human's intellect and strength.

As much as I do like the story you've got for him, it's a hard sell for me, at least this time around. Though weirdly enough, you're tempting me to just let you make a goblin full-out. Or if you could make him a gnome?  Gnomes are super-weird ANYWAY...

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2015, 04:12:07 PM
As much as I do like the story you've got for him, it's a hard sell for me, at least this time around. Though weirdly enough, you're tempting me to just let you make a goblin full-out.

A full-out goblin would also work, but I'd rather save that for an actual WBG game. It really just wouldn't work as a gnome, sadly.

Howabout a White Mage Arcanist? Not sure if I want to go Ratfolk or Elf, but it would neatly cover our current lack of both arcane magic and healing in applications?

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 09, 2015, 04:13:38 PM
A full-out goblin would also work, but I'd rather save that for an actual WBG game. It really just wouldn't work as a gnome, sadly.

Howabout a White Mage Arcanist? Not sure if I want to go Ratfolk or Elf, but it would neatly cover our current lack of both arcane magic and healing in applications?

I've got no problems with seeing a white mage arcanist,  :-)

TheGlyphstone

Let's see what I can do with that then. And if someone decide to make a real divine caster, I can just drop the archetype (technically a power boost for me anyways).

BAMF

Oh god fractions. Am glad I'm not planning to multi class. >.>
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

TheGlyphstone

Okay, round 2. It's not as...inspired...as Grub, but a bit more conventional.

Erevel Ondovir
Male Elf Arcanist (White Mage) 1
Campaign Trait: Numenarian Archaeologist
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=585113
Backstory

Erevel was born and raised in the heart of the Elven kingdom of Kyonin, but unlike far too many of his peers, he was fascinated with what lay beyond the elven borders from a very early age, and more importantly, what lay above. Having been born on Golarion long after the elves' return from Sovyrian, Erevel grew up knowing only a handful of people who had actually been there, but hearing countless stories of the wonders of worlds beyond. Early in his youth, he spent a time in Omesta as well, and this relatively short association with the gnomes dwelling there only heightened his interest in the far reaches of space and other planes. So of course, when he first learned of the relics of Numeria on the other side of the prickly River Kingdoms - practically next-door as elves would reckon things - he became the next best thing to obsessed. Every book in the extensive elven libraries about Numeria bore his fingerprints, and he made regular trips to Greengold to pester traveling merchants about more texts or even actual artifacts.

Such an obsession had a predictable effect on his ability to study for the mystical career he otherwise seemed destined for, but over time, his constant dabbling and exposure to different traditions and practices of magic built up his understanding of the arcane arts, and even a passing familiarity with the mechanisms of divine healing magic. A veritable sorcerous jack-of-all-trades, he turned his gaze again outward to stories of a strange town in Numeria, a forge-village built around a vent that belched violet flame into the sky. Whatever produced that flame had to be immense in size, and buried deep below the ground, but all the same it was almost certainly the largest artifact ever discovered. He simply had to know more about it, and he set out immediately to the town of Torch with a letter of introduction from his chief tutor to the renowned sage Khonnir Baine, only to discover on arrival that the wizard had gone missing in the very tunnel and caves Erevel wished to explore.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Erevel is very much the epitome of the 'cloistered academic' stereotype - massively over-prepared in terms of book learning, but with a decided lack of real-world experience in the adventuring profession. His scholarly career has kept him extremely sheltered from the greater dangers of the world, and the consequences of those dangers, which also leaves him exceedingly optimistic - at times bordering on naively so. He is entirely too willing to metaphorically roll up his sleeves and get to work - certainly no coward - but his lack of practical experience may result in a mis-estimation of how much work is involved.

eBadger

Doc Vile, Human Alchemist and Snake Oil Salesman, added to my previous post as a character option (yes, another one).  I may still tweak Hannah, but since she didn't seem to hold any interest that's a bit low on my priorities. 

Chulanowa

Lunar Raven

Here's a second character I'd like to pitch in addition to my first concept.  I'm cool with either one or the other.  Ultimately, he's supposed to become a gun-totting wizard-warrior  ::)

FALDIS GALANDEL (char. sheet W.I.P.)

CN Male Elf
Magus 1 (Myrmidarch & Spell Dancer  archetype)

Height: 5' 9"   Weight: 165 lbs.

Campaign Trait: Numerian Archaeologist
Other Traits: (pending)

Background: The circumstances of Faldis' early life were unremarkable, which contrasted with a child who had distinctly unelf-like ideas.  Where the rest of elven society was prepared to remain in perpetual stasis, Faldis observed how the war against Treerazer was at a virtual standstill.  Yet whilst the demons could replenish their numbers from the abyss, elves and their much slower population growth continued to suffer from attrition and were content to merely contain the threat.  This led to a certain exasperation on young Faldis' part, who wanted to find new ways to help his people rather than sticking to tried-and-failing methods.

Whilst his intellect entitled him to prestigious schools of wizardry, Faldis was more interested in more martial application for magic, and divided his time equally between magical pursuits and the warrior's craft - to Faldis, magic was undisputedly a powerful force, but it took time to learn and truly master, where as the usage of mundane weaponry was faster yet lacked the power - how to bridge this gap was a source of endless fascination for Faldis.  That was when Faldis heard of Numeria and it's super science.

This became a source of endless fascination to Faldis; the ability for even a common soldier to pick up weapon that would allow him to unleash powerful energies with merely the press of a button or the pull of a trigger, without requiring a magically inclined mind or the muscle to swing it or pull the cord.  As soon as he was able, Faldis embarked on trip northward.  His first encounter with the Technic league taught the young elf caution, so thereafter he skirted the borders of Numeria, and any discovery of ancient Androffan technology, no matter how mundane or uninteresting, was a source of fascination to him.  After many years, he was able to put together the ancient Androffan tongue.

Since then, at least in Faldis' eyes, it is clear that elves would greatly benefit from possessing this technology - the bow must go; elves and guns were clearly made for each other.  Now if only he could actually get his hands on an actual working piece of Androffan technology, who knows what possibilities he might unlock... so he has come to Torch seeking to find out about it's mysterious purple fire column in hopes of finding something salvageable or useful to his studies...

Appearance: Faldis is an elven man of above average height, though not significantly so, and is lithe and hard bodied rather than muscular.  The straight hair that cascades about his shoulders is dark and lustrous, but it is his violet eyes and their unusual, even unnerving, intensity that generally arrests the attention of those who meet him.  Whilst he radiates much of the elegance that elves are know for, there is something ever so slightly off about his manner that seems to suggest a touch of madness despite the obvious intelligence in his eyes.

Personality: Faldis has always been unusual for an elf.  Whilst he champions elven values, he has a fascination for all things non-elven and how they can be used to slow, or even reverse, the declining role of the elves in the world.  Whilst Faldis has spent more time amongst the elves, he has had much more meaningful interactions with non-elves; as a result, he has little of the prejudices of traditional elves and would even try to befriend an orc if it were to give him the courtesy of not trying to cut him down first.

As a practitioner of the arcane, Faldis' first impulse is to generally deal with things in intellectual manner.  Friendly and affable, he likes meeting new people and learning about their experiences in general.  That said, he is a better at listening than at talking, since he feels that talking before understanding the person before him inevitably leads to misunderstandings.  This often leads to the impression of cunning and a certain underhandedness on his part as he lets friends and comrades talk ahead of him so that he can learn the personality of those he must deal with whilst revealing little of his own.

Because he believes that the technology to be found in Numeria will ultimately be able to help is kin win the war against Treerazer back in distant Kyonin, and perhaps revitalise the elven race as a whole, Faldis is almost obsessive with his pursuits to uncover and detail his finds in Numeria.  Any suggestions that he is wasting his time or that perhaps his kinsmen won't see things his way is a sure way to arouse his ire.

Sexuality: Pansexual.  As a devotee to Calistria, Faldis is open with matters relating to sex, though he especially likes human and, strangely, half-orc women.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

BAMF

Man. I just had a mini-panic attack. I was like, "Oh, look, it's Saturday. Didn't Chul say he was gonna wait til Saturday to pick?"

So then I went hurrying through the thread & found the "NEXT" Saturday. & now I'm relieved.

More on topic, though: Chul, are the Background Skill ranks limited to character level per skill like regular skill ranks?
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

Quote from: BAMF on October 10, 2015, 02:39:49 PM
Man. I just had a mini-panic attack. I was like, "Oh, look, it's Saturday. Didn't Chul say he was gonna wait til Saturday to pick?"

So then I went hurrying through the thread & found the "NEXT" Saturday. & now I'm relieved.

More on topic, though: Chul, are the Background Skill ranks limited to character level per skill like regular skill ranks?

Yes. They function exactly like normal skill ranks, except that they can only be spent on background skills

BAMF

Okay, thanks!

Er, actually, sorry. Follow-up question - Can you double up on them? Like, put one background skill into a skill you also put a point in with regular allotment? Or still limited to just one rank per skill no matter the origin of the skill point?
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«