The Spirits of the City, a supernatural speakeasy story (M seeks F)

Started by Zindel, November 25, 2012, 06:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zindel

I have finally taken up the courage to seek out someone (female) to write with here on Elliquiy. Below is a story idea I’ve had for some time, and I hope it interests you. I am fairly new to all of this, so please bear with me, and if you want to know what I am like, feel free to PM me and to look at my Ons and Offs. I am mostly looking for a story, which just happens to have smut in it, and not the other way around. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will see if we are compatible.

The idea is not complete, so there is plenty of space for change. If you don’t like this story, but want to write with me, feel free to come up with a suggestion or to ask me for another idea. I have also skipped a bit ahead of where I want to start, but it is to give it a bit more guidance to what I have in mind.

The Spirits of the City
Urban Fantasy/Horror, Romance, Historical, Illegal Booze

You still remember the night when your sister ran away two years ago. The argument between her and your dad could be heard all over the farm. She was going to go to the city and make a name for herself, to find a living and to not just do what your old man told her to do. You saw her walking off into the morning-light. That was the last thing you had seen of her.

Now you have finally turned eighteen, you have decided to track her down. So you too, ran away from the farm and went into the big city. It intimidated you, with its fancy new cars, the silver screen playing the latest Chaplin and the many people moving back and forth, the sweet sound of Jazz in the night pleasing your ears, the engines of cars humming in your chest. You spent weeks trying to find your sister, living off the money you stole from your father. And then, on the last day that you would stay in town, you found her. In a sad corner of a bleak graveyard, with a solemn grey stone watching over her, you found her grave. And on that grave, a note and a rose. Left by a mysterious lover. All it said was:

Our time at the Phantom was not meant to be.
- Your master –

That lead you to the Phantom, the most renowned speakeasy in town. It was a place where the haves and have-nots were. A place that was alive, a place that was dangerous, and a place that you had to get into. That is when you decided, against your better judgment, that you should become a dancer there, to find the mysterious master of your late sister. You needed to know what had happened to her.

This story will lead our heroine to a speakeasy, in an unnamed 1930’s city, but not just any speakeasy. It is a speakeasy where the mob, vampires, mages and werewolves gather. It is a place where a dark lord presides and where treachery has happened. And meanwhile, you have to discover what happened to your sister, while dealing with the patrons of this place.
You will play the heroine, and the story begins just as you have found your sisters' grave.
A Rakish Rogue With Glasses
Ons and Offs