Rabbit Hole links

Started by Assassini, August 18, 2014, 01:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassini

A very quick query, possibly not even related to Elliquiy but I wanted to see if anyone here knew how to sort it. Essentially, I see a lot (well a fair number) of O/Os or signatures which contain links to the Rabbit Hole website. These links have never worked for me since I started here. They take me a to the website GreyDawn.net (which I assume is the right one) but don't actually show anything beyond a sort of grey border and a bunch of books at the top... Is this just me having this issue with links to Rabbit Hole, is it everyone? And is there any way to sort it?

Vekseid

If they're still on, let them know that Rabbit Hole died a long time ago, E's own system is completely superior, and F-List is also a good alternative.

Ariel

I remember using Rabbit Hole... Good times.

Yup, E's system works best :-) stays on the site and it's easy to link to! Plus if you put it in the One on One/Group roleplay request boards, it won't be considered off-site contact info.

Yes, it is considered off-site contact info because it shows your profile. I didn't realize that and a staff member snipped it from my post <_< but that's just Rabbit Hole. I don't know if F-List shows your profile over there.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Assassini

Quote from: Vekseid on August 18, 2014, 01:09:56 PM
If they're still on, let them know that Rabbit Hole died a long time ago, E's own system is completely superior, and F-List is also a good alternative.

Elliquiy Master Race? :P

Also, cheers guys. That clears that up.

Vekseid

Quote from: Assassini on August 18, 2014, 01:18:25 PM
Elliquiy Master Race? :P

Also, cheers guys. That clears that up.

Not really, the next version I have in mind is much better. Right now it has some pros and a lot of cons vs F-list.

realisticwordweaver

Just curious. And this is just me.

Does anyone know why Rabbit Hole died? I found it to be a great quick asset than the sea that E is today (Am not complaining). I have been trying to see if E can replace it, it can, but it is not as simple as RH, in terms of who is craving what today.

Does anyone know who used to run Rabbit Hole?

Oniya

According to WikiFur, it was run by a guy named Seppel.  Don't know if that's current info or not.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Al Terego

E's system is quite good, but F-list has several advantages over it:
- The list of kinks is more comprehensive.
- The pop-up descriptions are more detailed (and easier to use)
- Custom kinks and descriptions can be added

I also find it inconvenient that the character/gender preferences is strongly tied to dom/sub preferences, especially since the categories are very broad and ill-defined.
For example, both a preference for the partner to take the initiative and a desire to be treated like a slave can arguably be categorized as "submissive", despite being quite different.  I would love to see better granularity or more axes (plural of axis).

Cheers,
-- Al