Salem: Splinter of Magic [Adult American Potterverse Game] [Now Recruiting!]

Started by Rebelle, April 02, 2017, 02:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Quote from: Chaosfox on April 30, 2017, 06:17:44 PM
Another  question why I am thinking about it. where did you two create the crest for your Pure blood Family lines?

i am pretty sure I used one of the the actual Breckenridge Crests for mine when I originally created the family for the Salem Institute game.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Rebelle

And we have our fourth character already accepted!

You guys are keeping me busy tonight - but trust me, totally not complaining!

Chaosfox

Kind of helping me figure out which character I want to do still deciding between a couple of ideas Will start on the CS tomorrow.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

HannibalBarca

I have to pull up my old character Quincy from the last game, as well as adjust him for time, and then get his uncle created, too!
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Rebelle

Just because it needs to be done..... Again

Seriously, this is just... this makes this Rebbie feel awesome and then some.

Take your time making characters, it's totally understandable and there is no rush on it.  We're here to help in any way possible.  I posted my schedule for this week workwise in the OOC section so you guys know what's what for me.

Rebelle

I have had some questions on pm about newspapers and magazines for Salem.

Right now we just have the Aegis, but tonight I am going to fix that. 

So just a quick update on that. 

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Rebelle on May 02, 2017, 01:52:37 PM

Right now we just have the Aegis, but tonight I am going to fix that. 

Awesome!

Just to keep you guys updated, I'm more than halfway finished with creating my PC. He's a Pure-Blood, so there's been a lot of time spent on making sure his family tree/history makes sense. I'm hoping to have him ready to be PM'd in the next few days, preferably no later than Friday morning.

Cheers,
Tony

Twisted iN Tux

Quick question for the GMs: For the metrics slot on the character sheet, is there something specific that you're looking for?

Thank you,
Tony

RegretNot

That is an optional area for those that want to use the combat magic system here.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: RegretNot on May 02, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
That is an optional area for those that want to use the combat magic system here.

Oooo. Awesome. Thank you! I'm not much of a system gamer, but I may just throw something together for this scenario.

Rebelle

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on May 02, 2017, 04:45:06 PM
Awesome!

Just to keep you guys updated, I'm more than halfway finished with creating my PC. He's a Pure-Blood, so there's been a lot of time spent on making sure his family tree/history makes sense. I'm hoping to have him ready to be PM'd in the next few days, preferably no later than Friday morning.

Cheers,
Tony

We can't wait to see him!  There's positively no rush though, people can build at their leisure, we're not going anywhere :D

LordRod

I was gonna try my usual snowflakism at trying to play a muggle conman pretending to be a wizard but after reading the wand creation rules I'm interested, even if I want to do weird things. :D

Can you have wand materials not on the list?
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Rebelle

Quote from: LordRod on May 03, 2017, 11:18:44 AM
I was gonna try my usual snowflakism at trying to play a muggle conman pretending to be a wizard but after reading the wand creation rules I'm interested, even if I want to do weird things. :D

Can you have wand materials not on the list?

It's dependant on what it is, what its base function is (as most materials have that flavor text), why this material would be used, and if it makes sense.   And of course, dependedant on gm approval. :D

LordRod

Well Wood wise, Rowan does look attractive, but Chestnut is an interesting wood for me in a Salem game given how prevalent they were and how they nearly died off.....

As far as the core, House Elf, Giant Spider or Giant all interest me :D

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

Rebelle

Well we do have acromantula webbing for the giant spider.  What would the core be made out of though?  Giants tooth, house eld gair, or something else of that nature?

LordRod

Oh, I wondered about that.  I didn't realize that acromantula was the name of the critter. :D

And I really like the idea of Giant's tooth. :D

I wonder what a chestnut wand with Giant's tooth would even do :D

Rebelle

Quote from: LordRod on May 03, 2017, 02:50:36 PM
Oh, I wondered about that.  I didn't realize that acromantula was the name of the critter. :D

And I really like the idea of Giant's tooth. :D

I wonder what a chestnut wand with Giant's tooth would even do :D

That's okay!  Thats why we're here :)

And hmm let me think about it a little.  It wouldn't be a whole tooth as those would be huge.  Lemme do some research whilst I am at work and talk it over with RN.. and I'll let you know. 

LordRod

Fun.  I would love building a character around an odd wand combination

Rebelle

Olay typing in my phone so I apologize for any typos

I'm thinking due to info on hand from various Wicca sources  that the wood is good for focusing on either charms, transfiguration, or defensive spells and the giants tooth is really good for healing spells and is steadfast.  It is not conducive for dark magic and if someone is attempting to use it for nefarious purposes or a dark wizard true to take possession of it, the wand will become wild and unruly and most spells will backfire.  Plus the tooth sliver being from the source of a giant wouldnt be considered an overly strong core (as Giants aren't very bright)

Chaosfox

Wanted to say that  some family stuff came up THe past few days.  Wil be working on the  character today and hopefully have it to you both later today or tonight.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

LordRod

Quote from: Rebelle on May 03, 2017, 07:44:13 PM
Olay typing in my phone so I apologize for any typos

I'm thinking due to info on hand from various Wicca sources  that the wood is good for focusing on either charms, transfiguration, or defensive spells and the giants tooth is really good for healing spells and is steadfast.  It is not conducive for dark magic and if someone is attempting to use it for nefarious purposes or a dark wizard true to take possession of it, the wand will become wild and unruly and most spells will backfire.  Plus the tooth sliver being from the source of a giant wouldnt be considered an overly strong core (as Giants aren't very bright)

Well that's just neat.  I've got some ideas in mind.  I will work on something today or at latest tomorrow.

Rebelle

Quote from: Chaosfox on May 04, 2017, 08:12:12 AM
Wanted to say that  some family stuff came up THe past few days.  Wil be working on the  character today and hopefully have it to you both later today or tonight.

Looking forward to seeing what you are doing and hope the family stuff calmed down some!
Quote from: LordRod on May 04, 2017, 09:49:50 AM
Well that's just neat.  I've got some ideas in mind.  I will work on something today or at latest tomorrow.

Awesome!

Also if anyone else wants to make a wand out of materials that are not listed by all means contact me and RN and we might be able to come up with something

RegretNot

I will be on vacation til tuesday, hopefully when i get back we can kick off proper.  I might not be able to write but i will respond to PMs if i have reception, if not Rebelle can handle it easily by herself for a few days and kill me later.  ;)

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: RegretNot on May 05, 2017, 09:54:57 AM
I will be on vacation til tuesday, hopefully when i get back we can kick off proper.  I might not be able to write but i will respond to PMs if i have reception, if not Rebelle can handle it easily by herself for a few days and kill me later.  ;)

Have a safe trip!

I had hoped to get my character completed before I went off to work today, but it appears that he will have to be wrapped up sometime over the weekend. I'll be sure to PM both of you, but won't be alarmed if he doesn't get approved until sometime next week.

Cheers,
Tony

Rebelle

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on May 05, 2017, 10:01:11 AM
Have a safe trip!

I had hoped to get my character completed before I went off to work today, but it appears that he will have to be wrapped up sometime over the weekend. I'll be sure to PM both of you, but won't be alarmed if he doesn't get approved until sometime next week.

Cheers,
Tony

That's completely all right.  I am working a total of 26 hours these next two days so if you do submit it I can take a look and might be able to go over the sheet, but not as thoroughly as I could on my computer :)