Kingmaker?

Started by Blinkin, November 06, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Mine was in before we started... *chuckles*

Need to get with you at some point so I can get the story down that she'll need to tell the raw recruits. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

I liked what little I did of the LAST attempt of this. It was a great setting

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, wonder can I squeeze into this. So far what I have googled it sounds epic long campaign (up to 15th level). We got druid, sorcerer, wizard, ranger....and alchemist?

Would barbarian class be appropriate for his adventure path? I read some point local natives (barbarians) may become trouble.

Tagan

Inash

I added a backstory, description and personality.  If selected I will finish purchasing things (just need some potions or alchemical flask type things)

Florence

Is there any room left? I'd be interested in giving this another shot, I was thinking a new character, though if you have any ideas for maybe Adelise surviving somehow, I could be interested in maybe having her appear in a cameo appearance? xD

I see there's already a half-orc, but I was thinking I might use a half-orc rogue of mine. Female, and... more on the attractive side, as far as half-orc's go.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=706752

Shel's History
Shel was born, as many half-orcs, into a life of confusion and violence. She doesn't quite know who her orc father was, but she does know that her birth was not the result of a loving union. She was left on the streets of a human city as a young child, and had to fend for herself. She resorted to crime, and eventually had to flee the city due to this.

She encountered a group of orcs roaming the wilds, and joined up with them, proving herself quite capable of stealth and ambush. What she lacked up in the power of a true orc, she made up for with her love of battle, and the riches they brought.

Eventually one raid went rather wrong, as it turned out to be more heavily guarded then expected. One of the guards, a human knight by the name of Adelise, defeated her handily, but chose to spare her life. She followed after Adelise for a time, at first in an attempt to learn her combat techniques, then to try and understand the way she lived. Their relationship may have been more than simple friendship, but Adelise never spoke of it and neither does Shel.

Eventually, as a result of her time with Adelise, Shel took to worshiping the goddess Sarenrae; and began a journey of redemption, hoping to atone for her actions.

She heard of Adelise's involvement in the expedition, and her disappearance and presumed death. She knew, without hesitation, that she had no choice but to join up with the next party, to confirm Adelise's fate; and complete her task.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blinkin

Hmmm, with a CHA of 7, she's a stunner, even for a half-orc... on the puny side too. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Florence

Her low charisma relates more to her personality :P

As for the size... I'm terrible with height and weight xD I just sort of make my best rough guess.

Though she SHOULD be a little thinner and lighter than your average "raaaargh smash" half-orc. She shouldn't be PUNY, just... ya know... she's more focused on agility and dexterity than raw physical power.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Zaer Darkwail

Perhaps any excessive weight has moved to chest department? While rest body is slim and toned like normal rogue's?

Anyways, after pondering bit I decided move from barbarian and go paladin instead. Now few questions;

1) Is Redeemer Archtype okay to be applied to tieflings also? Normally it's for half-orcs but thematics would fit for tiefling easily as well as tieflings are 'outcastes'.

2) Do I need feat to be demon-blooded tiefling? Simply get +2 Str, +2 Cha, -2 Int as stat lines and get Shatter as spell-alike ability instead Darkness (and racial skill bonus applying to disable device and perception). I thought to get prehensilve tail as alternative trait instead fiendish sorcery.

Overall I am leaning towards sword&shield approach and use favored class bonus to get bonus healing vs himself with lay of hands (so he would be quite tank alike).

Florence

Maybe xD

Also... I'm contemplating whether I should keep her CG, or move her to NG...

I was thinking chaotic because she's sort of distrustful of people in authority, and doesn't really feel like she fits in. But at the same time she doesn't actually have any ideological opposition to order; just bad history with it.

Ixy

I have an idea of being the muscle behind someone's rise to power... a low-born warrior type who is fiercely loyal to -someone- (preferably a PC), acting as bodyguard, miscellaneous officer, agent, and-- if need be-- clandestine thug.  Probably a fighter/barbarian.

If that concept works with this party, would someone be willing to take on that partnership?  My pc would NOT be well-educated or well-liked, being perceived as a savage, dangerous mockery of what a civilized woman "should" be.  Behind closed doors, however, her common-sense, independent perspective may be as valuable as her sword. 

Working on this one tonight, I hope, if someone is willing to collaborate?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my tiefling who is going to be redeemer archtype of paladin gets along the traditional 'monstrous' and 'savage' beings more better than regular paladin and he has more open minded view of his allies (so long your non-evil your fine in his book).

Latooni Subota

I'd volunteer my dancing mage, but she doesn't have the social-fu to be the proper counterpart to that role I think. >.>
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Florence

Likewise with Shel, she's not exactly rolling in charisma xD

Blinkin

Lara would be more than a little offended that she would need, or someone thing that she would want a protector. Sorry.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

It seems my tiefling is only willing :P. He is paladin so he may not need much protection per say but as offense focused barbarian/figther your char helps kill stuff what he defends against. Anyways rolling sheet now asap.

Inash

Sorry, but my outcast, bastard Druid wouldn't be a good fit either, though we could probably make it work if we needed to.

Zaer Darkwail

Sir Sarius Lebeda
Sir Sarius Lebeda was born to Lady Calahan Lebeda, a cousin member of the main Lebeda family. She is paladin of Iomedae and had done traveling knightly duties for sake of her house and also her divine calling working as protector of caravans and also opportunistic heroine.

However, she was one point outsmarted by a hard boiled criminal who fancied beautiful maidens....she was prisoner but thanks clues she left behind authorities found to the enclave of smugglers but her rapist and heads of the operation escaped. A result of her episode was Sarius....and considering his heritage it's likely the criminal must have got demonic ancestor somewhere in his line. However Calahan got sign from Iomedae to guide Sarius not to Iomedae but to Sarenrae, goddess of redemption, to ensure for him a happy life under grace of good. So Sarius was trained to arts of knighthood and Sarenrae swordplay with scimitar and be skilled spokesman for his noble family and raised overall in county of Brevoy. He had just gained his spurs to be full paladin recently when he was called by his house to accompany a adventuring group into Stolen Lands.

Autocad

Here's the new party:

Blinkin
Finn MacKenna
Latooni Subota
Inash

I'll be getting IC and OOC threads up soon so your characters can start getting acquainted. Then I'll be off on vacation on the last week of November, so the action proper will start Dec 1st.

Florence

Woohoo! Glad to be a part of this again :>

Latooni Subota

WHew, squeaked in there. Since we're mentioning vacation, just as a heads up I'll be out of town Christmas Week doin' the whole New York City thing. I MIGHT get access to the internet, but it's doubtful since I don't have a laptop, and utilizing a family member's laptop to log onto Elliquiy would be a little worrisome. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Blinkin

So, we have an all female group this time. Ranger, rogue, mage and druid?

Well, at least we have healing this time. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Florence

Unless I'm mistaken, its the same as last time actually xD Three women and one guy.

Inash

Mine character is male,  mostly because I don't think I convincingly portray a woman.

kckolbe

I have a feeling I may be too late, but would be interested in jumping in on this if there is room for a male character, flexible on class.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread