Firefly's Cookbook: Searching for Recipes

Started by Alluring Firefly, March 13, 2019, 11:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alluring Firefly

Hey guys! I have been wanting to work on new dishes, and to perfect ones I have not figured out yet. Thus, I figured that I could ask:

Do you have any fun recipes you would like to share?

For me personally, I am looking for a really good Alfredo sauce recipe, because apparently I am inept at figuring out why shredded parmesan does not melt.

Yeets the failed attempts into the void.

So please, feel free to share! <3

Zaphod

I'm not sure if this is a fun recipe but here's my Chicken Alfredo. ;D

You'll need extra virgin olive oil, a couple of chicken breasts, salt, freshly ground black pepper, whole milk, chicken broth, minced garlic, fettuccini, heavy cream, freshly grated Parmesan.

First the chicken. Heat 2 spoons of oil in a large skillet, medium to high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and through. About 10 minutes per side depending on the heat. You can also add mushrooms and onions here. Slice the chicken after it's done.

Add the milk, broth and garlic to another skillet. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add fettuccini and stir and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. You can add some broccoli too in the last couple of minutes. Add heavy cream and parmesan and stir and simmer until sauce thickens a bit. Feel free to add butter to the sauce as well if you workout regularly. :P

Remove from heat and add the sliced chicken and veggies. Garnish with parsley. And you are done. Tastes especially yummy on a rainy day if you're stuck indoors. ;)

Alluring Firefly

That sounds great! I will give it a try Once I'm home because Alfredo is my weakness lol.