White Night

Started by MsGaijin, November 13, 2012, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsGaijin

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. --Revelation 1:3

TIC - TOC. TIC - TOC. TIC - TOC.

Do you hear it? The minute sound of the ticking clock. The sound of that sweet melodious rhythm of the beguiling passage of time. I doubt you do. Humans never stop and take time to notice. But I can hear it. And it fills me with need, with the grip and excitement that dictates freedom. I can already see it, hovering over the horizon.

The symbol of the beginning. The mark of the end.

For how many centuries- no, millennia- have I waited? This world had passed its pinnacle of prosperity centuries ago, and humans should have stopped their advances then. But they pushed, and pushed, and pushed until their avarice had gone and thrust the world into a deathly decline. The old man wishes to put faith in his creation until the very end. But I know he have doubts. After all, it was He that originated the whole plan of salvation. The plan to start and the plan to end.

He was the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

And even though it was up to Him to determine its close, it was up to the people to determine- no- to establish the right time to send out the catalyst for its initiation. That was the people's power. And look at what they've done. Even He does not have the power to stop what is coming now. There is no turning back. The world had already called upon its destruction. And it was her that wailed for her revival. It was that signal we have been waiting for. Her shout of surrender to weakness and abandon, the moment she relinquished her responsibility from her renounced shoulders. It was her that have called upon our assistance. And so we have answered. Can you feel it? Can you feel the last granules of time that continues to fall upon your cupped hands and tired shaking fingers? Can you sense the incoming dread for the upcoming judgment? Because I assure you now. It is coming. We are here to make sure of that.

But first things first. I am incomplete. I am sure you're well aware of that.

Like my brothers, I need that part of me that only you can give. It seems that you've changed your appearance again. Is it a way to side track me? If so, then you are a fool. I can feel the burning warmth of the lotus upon your body as if it was my own that carried that mark, that emblem that signals my liberation. What you have is like a homing beacon to my senses. Rich and exhilarating, it made me want to pursue, to hunt and give chase. It calls to me. You call to me. Just as your world had called for its impending death. And I will answer. I will hunt and give chase.

So run little rabbit.

I have given you my freedom for a very very long time. Just as it was written, I have given you the ability to pay no importance to my brother and his claims of death. I have given you the ability to choose your end and your beginning. To master the skill of birth and rebirth. I have been patience, and I have been time. But no more. And so I will tell you one last thing before we meet. It is imperative that you heed and pay importance to this promise because it is truth. To you, I would never lie. Pestilence has gone and now destruction is coming. No- I am coming. I am the second rider of the Apocalypse. I am Ares. I am War.

Run, rabbit. For your destruction comes. I promise you'll see me soon.

***DISCLAIMER
This is an idea for a story I've been playing with. With most of my inspiration from Larissa Ione's "Rider series." I haven't actually read the books or the series yet but from reading the premise, I came up with this. The disclaimer notice is up for expounding on her idea.