D&D 3.5 character looking for home. (Also Pathfinder.)

Started by AceSorou, May 15, 2014, 06:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceSorou

I have a character for D&D 3.5, pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.

He's a Chaotic Good Ninja that I want to prestige into Assassin (mostly because it bothers me that only evil characters can become assassins, and I think that's BS.) He has a bit of a backstory, and I want to have him in an adult D&D game. PM me if you're interested in DMing for him to get his backstory, or if you want your be in a group with him, post here.

There is a bit of background I can post without spoiling too much. His father was a Paladin of Ehlonna, and his mother was a Druid of the same goddess. However, he's got some daddy issues, and grew up shunned by the townsfolk of his village. He has a childhood friend in a noble girl from a neighboring kingdom, and an evil rival in a Swashbuckler that grew up in the same village. Beyond that, I cannot tell you anything, unless you're willing to DM for him. (Alternatively, if you wanna play one of the characters mentioned, you can probably get backstory for my character that way, as well.)

Edit: Having been linked to a reliable source for Pathfinder, I can probably convert the character over to Pathfinder, if prompted.

Ghostwheel

There are usually more Pathfinder games than 3.5 ones recruiting, if you'd be open to converting the character concept to there.

The two classes are even in Pathfinder, though the Ninja is less like the 3.5 version, and more a variant of the rogue--though it still retains the Vanishing Trick ability, and gets the far-superior Sneak Attack instead of the much-inferior Sudden Strike.

Links: Ninja, Assassin

AceSorou

Problem is, I've never played Pathfinder. I don't have any resources I need to play it.

Ghostwheel

You can find everything needed here.

Has all the information, and is very similar to D&D 3.5.

AceSorou

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 16, 2014, 02:31:14 PM
You can find everything needed here.

Has all the information, and is very similar to D&D 3.5.

Thank you kindly. It seems similar enough.

I think I can easily convert my character over, now.

Ghostwheel

One last note, you might be interested in this. They made a non-evil Assassin for April Fools back in 2007.

Blinkin

Personally, I prefer Pathfinder over 3.5 and PF games are much easier to find here. Harder to get into, but easier to find.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheGlyphstone

Though 'easy' is relative...3.5/PF games are the most common system games here, but they're still fairly rare - only a handful of people occasionally run them, and the willing DMs are vastly outnumbered by the interested players, so competition gets real fierce.

Blinkin

compitition is fierce, but the games still suffer from a 25% to 50% drop rate. *sighs* which is why they are getting harder to find; the DMs are getting tired of having their games fall apart due to player disappearance.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

who149

I've noticed that there haven't been as many as there used to be. I've only seen a few lately.

I remember running a few games. One problem I had was I was terrible at getting a good balance of lewdness and Gameplay. Because everyone wants something different. I might try running one. But i'm gonna try and plan it out better this time.

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Blinkin

I think that the sex is one of the issues that helps and henders a game of any kind. My own policy has been that unless the sex helps to drive the story, that I'll open a side thread and link it in. That way there's a place to explore and enjoy it that doesn't slow down the game.

The number of Pathfinder and 3.5 game offerings has dropped from a one time high of 8 at once in the middle of last year to 3 in the last month (One of which was my own.)

One of those is in it's 4th or 5th restart and the other never seems to get off of the ground. But, I've played in over a dozen games in 2 years, so I know that the interest is out there.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.