Eragon based type universe...interest check..exotic N.C.

Started by WhiteTigerForever, October 09, 2011, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteTigerForever

{This being a fun ADULT version, as a reminder!  ;) }(This will have some elements of all the books, the past, told of in the books, the present in the books and the potential game fun of the future, but it is also free form and as such, it probably will not follow the books much at all, just the general Universe/idea of it.   We we all should use our own great creativity and and have fun with our characters and each others characters as well as having a great story!!

The Eragon Universe O.O.C. thread link:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=121598.0

The Eragon Universe Character template thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=121634.0     

Notice: The IC thread location  has changed to:
The Eragon Universe Game/story thread I.E.  IC(changed to this):  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122156.0

Inheritance coming out soon!

For those who have read the series or have not, the books are amazing and I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone would be interested in an Eragon Universe based group rp, hence the interest check.

Much still needs to be done and there are many races to choose from.

You can refer to these if you feel like it to get a general feel for the Universe it takes place in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eragon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisingr

Is still waiting for the 4th book to come out! ;D 
November 8th!   ;DInheritance!!!

Even though the movie and this fight scene was completely the opposite the book... it is still a great scene and song!  XD

Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Mysterica

This sounds quite interesting!  I could very much be roped in by this game!  Are you planning on using some sort of system, or are you simply planning on going freeform with this?  If the plot and style seems right, then I would very much love to play a human rider in this game!  I'll be sure to check in on this thread rather frequently to find out, but in the mean time, may your swords stay sharp!

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Mysterica on October 10, 2011, 02:03:18 AM
This sounds quite interesting!  I could very much be roped in by this game!  Are you planning on using some sort of system, or are you simply planning on going freeform with this?  If the plot and style seems right, then I would very much love to play a human rider in this game!  I'll be sure to check in on this thread rather frequently to find out, but in the mean time, may your swords stay sharp!

freeform.. but set in the rules and the Universe as created by Christopher Paolini's series... but all free form...I do not like systems..XD  and I sooooo need to put more together on this but I wanted to see if people actually would be interested before I put all the work into creating all the threads and info.. XD... what do you think?

Mysterica

Ok.  I just thought I'd make sure on that.  I was curious since without some sort of energy pool or something it'll take a lot of thought on your end to determine what will kill/exhaust/not terribly effect someone based off things they'd already done as far as magic is concerned.

As for what I think, I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen more of these games up lately with Inheritance coming out so soon.  I suppose some people are just waiting to actually read it before starting up games of their own.  Like I said though, depending on the era and plot, I could be very interested in this kind of game.  I'm sitting down and reading all three books in my free time here at work to refresh myself anyways (not that I need it since I've read them like five or six times already.)

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Mysterica on October 10, 2011, 02:22:42 AM
Ok.  I just thought I'd make sure on that.  I was curious since without some sort of energy pool or something it'll take a lot of thought on your end to determine what will kill/exhaust/not terribly effect someone based off things they'd already done as far as magic is concerned.

As for what I think, I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen more of these games up lately with Inheritance coming out so soon.  I suppose some people are just waiting to actually read it before starting up games of their own.  Like I said though, depending on the era and plot, I could be very interested in this kind of game.  I'm sitting down and reading all three books in my free time here at work to refresh myself anyways (not that I need it since I've read them like five or six times already.)

All that is in the books, for the use and laws of magic will apply and be the source... he knew his stuff when writing those books... and you make my heart skip a beat at the mention of  Inheritance...XD... shame shame!...XD!! hee hee

I read Brinsingr years ago, just out of coming out of the hospital from surgery... and was left with the cliff hanger at the end, I wanted to cryyyyyy......XD

(I really need to review the books again and refresh my memory, as it has been a few years since I read them.)

Even if there is one other player and you decide you like it.. then I can start putting together things for the actual game..:D  and maybe more may or may not change later...

Note: no mooching off the sucky movie for any one interested.. it was trash and ruined the possibility of respectable films to come after..

Mysterica

Hm...  Whatever hater!..  It's ok though.  I didn't know I was speaking to a fascist grammar Nazi or I would have followed the rules a bit better...  Then again, since you didn't underline Brisingr[/u] you have no room to correct me!

And here here on that crappy movie!  I went to a midnight release for Brisingr and they were required to have the movie playing, but thanks to every single person there complaining about it, they turned the volume all the way down and even hung blankets up over the screens.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Mysterica on October 10, 2011, 02:49:13 AM
Hm...  Whatever hater!..  It's ok though.  I didn't know I was speaking to a fascist grammar Nazi or I would have followed the rules a bit better...  Then again, since you didn't underline Brisingr[/u] you have no room to correct me!

And here here on that crappy movie!  I went to a midnight release for Brisingr and they were required to have the movie playing, but thanks to every single person there complaining about it, they turned the volume all the way down and even hung blankets up over the screens.

hugh???.. on Grammar Nazi??? no clue what you are even referring to.. I just was excited when you mentioned the name..(thus the written emphasis from my own excitement..XD)  and wait....... there was a moviIE for Eldest and Bringsgr...please please point me in the right direction.. were they any better than the first?

and upon later reading of your experience.. I'm assuming you mean that it was just as poorly done as the first?  That is true tragedy when they have so much potential.
The first movie had a ton of amazing actors in it.. but the person who picked the characters also did a horrid job on Arya and the director trashed it.. John Malcovich and the other actor Jermey Irons, that played Brahm should have directed the movie(s) and those two are amazing actors...  <3.

Mysterica

No no no...  I simply meant that they were required by the company to play Eragon.  They never continued the series to my knowledge thanks to the critical botch of the first.

WhiteTigerForever

*nods head in complete agreement!!!*... The difference between the two was horrid and only Paoilini's solid work as an author saved it.. maybe the movie may have even ruined some sale for a while too..

I am used to playing and writing for many characters at once.. so we can pull off a great deal if you want, but I really need to review the books again.. which are all in storage at my ass wipe ex husband's parent's place.. my place is too small for the massive amalgamation of all of my books..XD.... some day I'll get them back, but you can help too.. I cant't remember alot...so wiki is helping and ooooooooohh.... may do I want to talk about spoilers... *holds self back*

Don't read if you don't know or don't want to know:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The truth on Eragon's now known non brother with his dragon, Galbatorix and his last egg and the cliff hanger at the end when the heart of hearts from the great golden dragon was given to Eragon and the elf and he were both slaughtered in battle because the elf had one of his seizures... omg......... !!!!!  But Eragon's new sword, Bringsingr is absolutely amazing! I adore the elf world also!

Mysterica

Yeah, this and the release of Skyrim make next month a wonderful month!!!!

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Mysterica on October 10, 2011, 03:31:14 AM
Yeah, this and the release of Skyrim make next month a wonderful month!!!!

Do Tell... pwease??? Do tell!  I am about to go to bed now... but I will set this up for us... it will take a few days... and I would love your input as things go along, in forming the game, as much is more fresh in your mind than mine atm..and I have no way to retrieve those books atm... Can or would you be willing to play a couple characters in the beginning if possible? I will read them tomorrow...

I put up a music link at the top... bad ass song and decent shots though completely out of place and not based on the book at allllll...... 

I often wondered how Paolini felt about the movie... giving them free reign to do what they wanted with the movie... I bet he was utterly humiliated from it! 

Xanthaine

Colour me interested with a deep violet dragon if allowed (based on a fanfiction of mine) If not still interested. :-D Such a fangirl. *blush.*

AndyZ

Pretty rusty on this series but I might be interested depending on how things go.  Would probably make an elf.  I presume the game would be set in the basic universe but not use any of the inherent metaplot?

I read all three via Audiobook so I know how to say but not how to spell names like Szalbatorix, and for the longest time I thought it was spelled Aria, so I'm apt to confuse a lot of the names.  Fair warning there.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sarah Morgan

Definitely mark me as interested in this too.  I'm in the same boat you're in Andy, as I read all three in audio format too, so have no idea how to spell all those strange names!  And I'd have guessed Aria was spelled that way too, like it was being pronounced.  I need to reread the first three books, and hopefully I can get access to the fourth one when it comes out.  I think I actually need to replace my copy of the second book, as the download I got it from had a few bits where it skipped around some, but I'll see if I can't track it down.  I'm definitely interested in this though, although I have no ideas as to a character yet.

Xanthaine

I'm a raging Inheritance fangirl... I can spell most of the names, I could probably draw a map of Alagaesia... you know... if I had any artistic skill at all. :3

WhiteTigerForever

Okayyy.... looks like we have enough interested to start putting this together more seriously.  We are going to need elves, dwarfs, "Bad guys", Etc... all built in the Eragon realm... and we can make up freestyle what ever we want...I would like to put it in nc-exotics.. I will start an O.C.C. thread and a writing thread soon,  Make up a character template.. and give freelance info for this game.  I  think it will be great fun!  :D

AndyZ

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on October 10, 2011, 05:21:47 PM
Okayyy.... looks like we have enough interested to start putting this together more seriously.  We are going to need elves, dwarfs, "Bad guys", Etc... all built in the Eragon realm... and we can make up freestyle what ever we want...I would like to put it in nc-exotics.. I will start an O.C.C. thread and a writing thread soon,  Make up a character template.. and give freelance info for this game.  I  think it will be great fun!  :D

I should probably ask if this is the type of game where one person runs everything, or if we're all expected to come up equally with stuff.  I'm not sure I remember everything well enough to do the latter, but I should be able to make up an elf easily enough and have things settled out in that way.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: AndyZ on October 10, 2011, 05:54:20 PM
I should probably ask if this is the type of game where one person runs everything, or if we're all expected to come up equally with stuff.  I'm not sure I remember everything well enough to do the latter, but I should be able to make up an elf easily enough and have things settled out in that way.

Let me get working on the O.C.C. thread and we can talk about what the players want.  I think it is good for a person to have a general overview and balance the movement and energy of the game but not to "run it" per say.. Give me a day or so to get this done, as I have things I need take care of and for the O.C.C. thread, I need to go into more detail on the book series, though we won't be using spec chars from the books, just the general outline...

as if it were the time before Eragon's where the riders took to the skies and in combat against a greater darkness moving in the land..

What do you guys think?   Again.. Will start more on this tomorrow..

fireflights

Interested but not sure I can find time for it, will let you know in a little bit if I can do it or not.

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

AndyZ

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on October 10, 2011, 06:50:49 PM
Let me get working on the O.C.C. thread and we can talk about what the players want.  I think it is good for a person to have a general overview and balance the movement and energy of the game but not to "run it" per say.. Give me a day or so to get this done, as I have things I need take care of and for the O.C.C. thread, I need to go into more detail on the book series, though we won't be using spec chars from the books, just the general outline...

as if it were the time before Eragon's where the riders took to the skies and in combat against a greater darkness moving in the land..

What do you guys think?   Again.. Will start more on this tomorrow..

With respect, I believe you mean Out of Character, but sure ^_^

If this was going to turn into a game based primarily around dragon riders, I could also suggest the idea of having some people play riders and some play their dragons as well.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: AndyZ on October 10, 2011, 07:02:25 PM
With respect, I believe you mean Out of Character, but sure ^_^

If this was going to turn into a game based primarily around dragon riders, I could also suggest the idea of having some people play riders and some play their dragons as well.

Yesssssh O.O.C.. not O. C.C.  typo and mulitasking....

I have full intentions of playing an elf and my dragon, lol, so bring in and on as many characters as we need and of coarse the "baddies too"..XD... The Shades all the way up to a usurper rider in search of taking over the kingdom.. some riders will ride with him, such as Who Eragon thought his dad was.. etc.. How does that sound again... and yes.. I will get the thread going tomorrow or so...

I need to brief myself again on the books, as it has been a few years and put up all the things to organize it..

Sarah Morgan

I personally like the idea of having the option of having others play the riders' dragons, if they choose, because I for one don't feel confident enough yet in my own writing to play a dragon convincingly.  I think those who want to play their own dragons of course should have the option, but I like the other idea too, as it means having someone else to write and interact with, rather than coming up with what really is a second character.  Just my two cents' worth.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on October 10, 2011, 07:55:54 PM
I personally like the idea of having the option of having others play the riders' dragons, if they choose, because I for one don't feel confident enough yet in my own writing to play a dragon convincingly.  I think those who want to play their own dragons of course should have the option, but I like the other idea too, as it means having someone else to write and interact with, rather than coming up with what really is a second character.  Just my two cents' worth.

Well sure..XD..it's all freeform... I am just very good at multicharacterwriting..as in writing a story.. that is the way I write even gaming..XD.  If you are ever interested in improving and being around some really amazing writers, check out the cafe' link in my sig.. the coffee cup to the right...  either way....it's all good..:D

bubby

Ssoooo....I'm screwed if I haven't read the books? I have tried unsuccessfully several times to play my dragon (ancient silver), and all the RP's have fizzled.

I'm dying to play her, and I'm all about the free-form, but as I mentioned, I haven't read any of the books, so I have NO CLUE about the universe at all...

Kate