Bringing Naruto D20 to E? (Original Characters Only! Now Recruiting! ...Again.)

Started by Inerrant Lust, February 25, 2011, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

I did say I was only gauging interest...

And I didn't think my schedule would be as crammed it is.  >:(

But I am sorry. I would have liked to do this as much as the rest of you... Unfortunately, I just don't think I can.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mysterica on May 04, 2011, 12:57:42 PM
Well...  even a slow game is better than no game ne?

Well....if you can bear my slowness I could start the game. If all accept it ofc.

Now recap; who all are still interested to do the game? Even if it is slow?

Anycase 5th level chars, 4d6 (drop lowest) rolled 6 times and assign as you wish. If not satisfied with rolls then do 32 point buy. In each level roll for wealth increase but in first level roll wealth roll as normal. I say no for now any enchanted weapons and armor so focus mundane gear. Anycase the game focus on the ninja war period (before 5 great villages being founded). I start all folks from single minor village, I release details later but for now call the village as 'Village of Twelve Bells' (name coming from twelve bells in the village). Village resides in the sea shore and it has beacon house (a fishing/trade town).

All have three basic jutsus (which they can trade other jutsu); Henge, Bunshin, Kawarimi. 10 other jutsu techniques which 8 must be max C rank and two B rank techniques (or higher if genius nin).

Also all have genin feat for free and Chuunin and Jounin etc will be free feats gained by accomplishing proper trials/tests. In case of Jounin your just promoted after several missions or after performing excellently S rank mission as chuunin usually.

As rule; genius nin only applies to single field their bonus than all of them. So there can be genius nin (genjutsu) example.

DKDBSD

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, example is found in here in Invisible Castle online roller; http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/roll/

Use Elliquiy user name instead char name.

DKDBSD

Kimi
07  -Strength
12 - Charisma
04 - Constitution
10 - Dexterity
15 -Wisdom
10 - Intelligence

(Katsu

Rolls
11 - Charisma
10 - Wisdom
14 - Constitution
10 - Intelligence
15 - Strength
08 - Dexterity

Erm you already said we'd only need mundane gear but I'm curious how would a special weapon work exactly? What sort of stat properties would they need?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you can get the special material made weapons but what I say none weapons have 'seals' which add enchantments or abilities to them. Also they can be masterwork etc.

If you wonder how explosive tags work or smoke bombs, do you have Naruto d20 rules DKDBSD? I have mine in pdf file.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 04, 2011, 04:46:27 PM
Well, you can get the special material made weapons but what I say none weapons have 'seals' which add enchantments or abilities to them. Also they can be masterwork etc.

If you wonder how explosive tags work or smoke bombs, do you have Naruto d20 rules DKDBSD? I have mine in pdf file.

I have them in pdf I'm still a d twenty rookie that's why I was trying to get help with character creation. I've never actually played a system based game before now.

Inerrant Lust

Hmmm. I might not be able to GM full-time, but I can help. Ditto with character creation as well.

I know the system fairly well. Although it updates alot.  ::)

DKDBSD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 04, 2011, 04:54:28 PM
Hmmm. I might not be able to GM full-time, but I can help. Ditto with character creation as well.

I know the system fairly well. Although it updates alot.  ::)

Awesome and I'm glad I've had characters in mind.

Mysterica

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/26714/

I feel I should go ahead and ask you something I asked lust before, would the techniques labeled Inuzuka hijutsus still be considered Inuzuka hijutsus and thus out of bounds, or are we going to bend that a bit?

Mysterica

I didn't actually fill out which stat went where just there, but they are the right numbers, even if they aren't allotted right.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mysterica on May 04, 2011, 05:27:25 PM
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/26714/

I feel I should go ahead and ask you something I asked lust before, would the techniques labeled Inuzuka hijutsus still be considered Inuzuka hijutsus and thus out of bounds, or are we going to bend that a bit?

Well, we can bend it little consider it is ninja wars period and the Inuzuka family has not even been founded yet. At best they were minor village which was absorded to Konoha and formed own family community there after the ninja wars. But if you want be beast handling ninja then go for it :).

Quote from: Mysterica on May 04, 2011, 05:36:12 PM
I didn't actually fill out which stat went where just there, but they are the right numbers, even if they aren't allotted right.

Fine with that, just long I can see the rolls what you made :).

DKDBSD

How would I create for the game a sword that boosts Katon Chakra?

Zaer Darkwail

Boosts fire chakra? Well, it would be long term RP quest basically ;). Firstly said sword would be heavily coveted by any Katon chakra users. Second is that it's likely holding a seal which enchances it's performance.

But how to create it; you would need the special metal alloy which makes channeling chakra on said weapon easier. Then add seal which increases weapon potency with Katon chakra attacks (I assume melee techniques but would not be far fetch use sword bolster some raw ranged chakra attacks by channeling chakra through the sword).

But anyways that kind of weapon is out of your league to get/purchase or craft. But if you want your char life goal to make such weapon I do not stop you. You just need learn the sealing technique to extend learn add seals to weapons and armor and have high enough level and right jutsu techniques to imbue special metal alloy sword with the seal.

In Naruto setting actual 'magical' weapons are rare.

Inerrant Lust

Mechanically, such a thing already exists... but enhancement seals are a decidedly optional mechanic.

Around page 1010 and onwards in the PDF. Or at least my copy. Chapter is Ninja Tools.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Scorching [Weapon]
Superior (Lv 7) DC 17 Epic (Lv 21) DC 41
Greater (Lv 13) DC 33
Item Slot: Weapon (any)
Power (At-Will—Fire, free action): Half of the damage dealt by the weapon is fire
damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
Power (3/day—Fire, free action): Use a Ninjutsu with the fire descriptor without hand seals or half seals. One affected target suffers an extra 1d8 fire damage and 1 fire damage every round for 3 rounds (does not stack). The perform time is not modified.
Level 13: 2d8 extra damage and 2 every round.
Level 21: 3d8 extra damage and 3 every round.
Special: Projectile weapons bestow the At-Will power to their ammunition.

Kaisude

You've still got my interest, but all the gauging of numbers still confuses me. Is it possible that anyone could take some of their time to give me the crash course of how and what I am doing? It doesn't have to be extremely detailed, just the important things, and I can pick up as we go. I really want to try this, but as I said earlier I don't want to be the cause for this games ruin.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2011, 05:40:31 AM
Boosts fire chakra? Well, it would be long term RP quest basically ;). Firstly said sword would be heavily coveted by any Katon chakra users. Second is that it's likely holding a seal which enchances it's performance.

But how to create it; you would need the special metal alloy which makes channeling chakra on said weapon easier. Then add seal which increases weapon potency with Katon chakra attacks (I assume melee techniques but would not be far fetch use sword bolster some raw ranged chakra attacks by channeling chakra through the sword).

But anyways that kind of weapon is out of your league to get/purchase or craft. But if you want your char life goal to make such weapon I do not stop you. You just need learn the sealing technique to extend learn add seals to weapons and armor and have high enough level and right jutsu techniques to imbue special metal alloy sword with the seal.

In Naruto setting actual 'magical' weapons are rare.

Well the weapon already exists it's a family heirloom but considering it's power he'd need to earn it. He would then of course have to master it. So I'd wager he'd need to perform several missions and reach Chounin rank or equivalent at least. Then he'd need to master it in this particular case because it's a great sword it would be quite heavy anyways. So it's just how to figure out the heavy weight + burning those that are unworthy. Until yesterday said sword was just a great sword but I got to thinking about how I could allow my swordsman character (Kain) to be able to learn Gokyaku no Jutsu which is definitely a high level technique any ways.

However since this is before the timeline I usually use. I could have these two be the creator of the sword. Also in Kimiko's case be the first to make a pact with the Otters.

Quote from: Kaisude on May 05, 2011, 07:03:45 AM
You've still got my interest, but all the gauging of numbers still confuses me. Is it possible that anyone could take some of their time to give me the crash course of how and what I am doing? It doesn't have to be extremely detailed, just the important things, and I can pick up as we go. I really want to try this, but as I said earlier I don't want to be the cause for this games ruin.

I think most of the major players are willing to help. I'm still trying to get the idea of how it works.

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, ok. If sword exchists as family heirloom then I may allow it. You meant a greatsword which has the enchantment what Inerrant Lust linked? Anycase those enchants do exchist but enchanted weapons are extremely rare in hands of genin ;). Seasoned Chuunin perhaps.

Anycase like that weapon is unusual in hands of ninja and so need investment of a feat and training to learn use it properly.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2011, 07:33:02 AM
Ahaa, ok. If sword exchists as family heirloom then I may allow it. You meant a greatsword which has the enchantment what Inerrant Lust linked? Anycase those enchants do exchist but enchanted weapons are extremely rare in hands of genin ;). Seasoned Chuunin perhaps.

Anycase like that weapon is unusual in hands of ninja and so need investment of a feat and training to learn use it properly.

I've been planning it from the start Kain is a great sword wielder. That sword has always been his it's just never had that feature in Naruto based rpies.

Kaisude

Token

STR: 12
DEX: 13
CON: 15
INT: 15
WIS: 10
CHA: 11

I think I did that right.

DKDBSD

Zaer Darkwail

You roll 2d4 in first level, adding any wealth bonus from occupation, feats and other factors. Then each level you need roll d20+wisdom or profession roll to surpass your present wealth value to increase it by 1.

Kaisude

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaisude on May 05, 2011, 03:14:32 PM
Is anyone opposed to me playing an Uchiha?

As long as you don't over kill it I have no problems. Also since were playing during a period where they exist it's fine.

DKDBSD

This is what I have so far but I need a hand in finishing them off. :/

Tsukiya “Kain” Katumoto build

Strong hero

Starting Occupation Mentored

11 - Charisma
10 - Wisdom
14 - Constitution
10 - Intelligence
15 - Strength
08 - Dexterity

Skills ???

Feats (Wants) (Still fine tuning)

General   Prerequisite   Benefits
Oversized Weapons
Proficiency
   Str 13, Monkey Grip, base attack
bonus +1
   Character is able to wield oversized weapons with proficiency.

Oversized Weapons
Mastery
   Str 15, Monkey Grip, base attack
bonus +11
   Character is able to wield oversized weapons with little effort.

Two-Weapon Defense   Two-Weapon Fighting   Character can gain a +1 shield bonus to Defense by sacrificing
his off-handed weapon attacks for one round.
Skilled   First level only   Character gains more skill points every level.
Monkey Grip     

Technique’s and equipment (wants)
Katon: Housenka no jutsu. Tsukiya: Kajoukizu (Spiral cut.) Kains takes a cat stance and spins towards his foe, causing several cuts over the front of his foe's body. This is a Kenjutsu technique and requires a sword.) (not sure how this would work

Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu (I can drop this the way I see it the Uchiha created it but it’s not anything particularly special.)
Raitonken: Kain channels lightning chakra into his sword. He can't channel it like that with out using her sword.
Kuroko (his sword)
Two fuma Shuriken

Tsukiya Kimiko

Dedicated  By nature she's a flirty girl but that's not her main style really.

07  -Strength
12 - Charisma
04 - Constitution
10 - Dexterity
15 -Wisdom
10 - Intelligence

Starting occupation Mentored

Feats
General   Prerequisite   Benefits
Blood Pact   Special   Character signs a blood pact with an animal type
Hand Seals Proficiency

Harmony

Improved Chakra Pool

Special      ( can't find this one :/)

Gift of Summoning Ninjutsu 9 ranks Character can learn summoning techniques without penalty.

Techiniques and equipment

. Suiton: Mizu Shuriken no jutsu Kimiko creates a hoard of water shuriken this is stronger around water. (Another created one)
Mizu bunshin no jutsu - Kimiko can only create one clone without a body of water. She can create up to five over a body of water. This is strenuous on her.

Suiton:Suirō no Jutsu

Fūton: Shinkūgyoku

Fūton: Shinkū Taigyoku

Kuchiyusei no Jutsu: Rakko (Sea Otter) clan - A small clan whom have yet to have much of an impact on the Ninja world. So far they have agreed to serve only three people (Kimiko, her mother Akane and her father Takeshi) This clan apparently originated in a completely different ocean, they came to the continent and adopted their ways to fit that of their new home.

As a young clan their numbers are small and there ways are young. Their first official tradition is the possession of a trident known as Hamaguriheki*. It was commissioned by Takeshi and made from Chakra treated steal and red coral found by the otters. It is a sign of their union. A ninja who signs their contract will be given the opportunity to use it.

(*That should be Clam piercer or at least that's my intent.
hamaguri (clam), heki, kantsuu (pierce)