Suggestion For Seeking Roleplay Forums

Started by The Baron, March 29, 2010, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Baron

Just a thought that I had as I was scouring the local classifieds: How about splitting the One-on-One and other looking for RP forums into a subforums based upon the gender of the role that's looking to be filled? Like there'd be a "Searching for Male Partner" forum, "Searching for Female Partner," searching for Both, searching for either, etc.

I mean this is just an idle thought, and I get the feeling that it's probably been proposed before, but I just wanted to see if this idea was at all feasible as I think it'd be a good one to look into.

Just wanted to contribute this idea to E. :)

Thanks!

HockeyGod

I think it's a good idea. Currently, in the subject, people are encouraged to mark what they are resting:

m/m or m/f or f/f or ...

I know many people do not and it can be frustrating when searching.

Torch

Yes, but the word "partner" implies to me, the gender of the writing partner. As in "I only want to write with male partners." or "I only want to write with female partners".

I think the word "character" would be much more clear, i.e. "I need a male character role to be filled."

And then you have to divide roles along the lines of orientation. A female character for a F/F game, a male character for a M/F game, and so on.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

The Baron

Good point Torch, that's something else to consider.

Kip

Then you also get into the complexity of transgender, intersex, neuter, asexual, etc.  The combinations would be too many to consider separate boards.

The partner search does allow you to already search for characters people would be willing to play so that may be the alternative that should be considered...

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

HockeyGod

I've seen people use futa, etc. as well. I like Torch's example:

M for M/F would mean male needed for M/F RP.

Oh the complexities. Sometimes I guess ya gotta click, LOL!

Caeli

The partner-searching capability will, in the future, allow you to more easily search for roleplays by the gender of the character whom you are looking for. A 'tagging' feature has also been suggested for the forums, which would potentially allow members to tag threads with key words (fantasy, historical, science fiction, etc.) that would also enable a similar function, though in a different way.

Regardless, neither idea (the second, I don't even know if Veks is intending to implement) will be put into place for a while yet, and we are satisfied with how the request forums are currently divided. If you have trouble finding partners, using the search function might help.

Thank you for your input :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

The Baron

Alrighty, just wanted to contribute an idea was all. I'll lock the thread then.

Appreciate you addressing it, Caeli. :)