Non-con fantasy/horror D&D 3.5 RP(Full)

Started by Koyume, September 10, 2010, 07:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koyume

So here's the idea; the characters live in a grim world where the good guys basically lost the war. A veil of dark magic enshrouds the world(or at least the region where junk takes place) which obscures the sky perpetually with smoky clouds and turns the sun's light oily and dim. When people die they don't simply decompose, but rise again as mindless husks which restlessly seek out the living(driven only by vague, primal urges, they will sometimes ravish their victims vacuously for hours before killing them), vampires emerge unafraid during the day and packs of ravenous ghouls ceaselessly stalk humans and spread a virulent disease which transforms the living into other ghouls. The borders between planes are weakened and fiends from other worlds sometimes emerge from random rifts in existence, free to wreak havoc on the material plane. In short, the humanoid races are engaged in a daily struggle for survival, with some races, such as elves, fairing moderately better than others, but most having long since given up hope of restoring the world to its former state.

The characters will probably be a motley band of adventurers, whether they actually know and travel with each other or do things on their own(one or two of them could even be villains who hunt the heroes or something). I'm more interested in playing a young heroine than monsters or a villain, so it would be nice if someone were willing to DM(and hopefully come up with more of a plot). So, let me know if you're interested, maybe post character ideas or thoughts on the format of the game. As mentioned in the title, I'm hoping for primarily non-consensual scenarios, but it certainly would not be out of bounds for the characters to have more loving relations among themselves as well.

Revision: I've decided that I would like the heroes to at least begin at a low level, though unusual races/templates that result in a level adjustment I figure should be quite acceptable(you understand the consequences, and I wanted this game to be more focused on the characters, adventure and eroticism involved than crunch).

Decrepitdan

Hey Koyume, i'd be interested in playing in this game - should it ever get started. :) Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.

Koyume

Excellent, glad there's interest! Assuming you're interested in playing a character go ahead and post him/her up whenever you're ready, I guess I'll try to post my own up soon as well.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I would be willing to DM, as I'm worried I'd burn out and run out of ideas quickly, so if anyone's interested in DMing please speak up. Maybe we could also do it so that I begin and someone else takes over shortly, or maybe all the players could take turns DMing or something... Anyway, I'm open to ideas.

Edit: As far as statistics my preference would be to start at level 1 I think. Why don't we just roll 5d6(taking away the lowest two rolls) for ability scores; if whoever winds up DMing disagrees with either this method or with lvl.1 characters then it should be a simple enough matter to modify them as needed.

Ironwolf85

I wanna break out Jacques De- Mortaie for this... my first ravenloft character, I think I got his sheet somewhere.
basicly he was Cursed, his mother pissed off a gypsy, using her pregnancy and moodyness as an excuse for her cruelity. "You shall not birth your own child... for that would be cruelity to him"
Instead her horse birthed her child at a nearby inn, horrified, she and her husband fled. little jacques was raised by an innkeeper.
he's a deadly dirty fighting swordsman... kinda a rouge fighter combo
http://d.facdn.net/art/ironwolf85/1248697405.ironwolf85_clip_image002.jpg
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

when I played him in ravenloft, his alinement kept changing between Lawful and chaotic, but always stayed good,. so NG for Jac
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Decrepitdan

In such a world, alignments would be less of a restriction, I think. When the whole world seems out to get you and you know every day could be your last, you're likely less picky who you choose as companions.

Think of the random types of people that band together during revolutions in real life, the closest thing to the kind of uncertainties and dangers our characters would be facing every day.

So I would think that the party could consist of characters of very ranged alignments - so long as we don't get the furthest extremes together. Even then, there are cases where those who take those sorts of positions feel they must work together for the good of both parties.

How does everyone feel about this sort of idea?

Koyume

Quote from: Decrepitdan on September 12, 2010, 09:51:45 PM
In such a world, alignments would be less of a restriction, I think. When the whole world seems out to get you and you know every day could be your last, you're likely less picky who you choose as companions.

Think of the random types of people that band together during revolutions in real life, the closest thing to the kind of uncertainties and dangers our characters would be facing every day.

So I would think that the party could consist of characters of very ranged alignments - so long as we don't get the furthest extremes together. Even then, there are cases where those who take those sorts of positions feel they must work together for the good of both parties.

How does everyone feel about this sort of idea?

I'd say you hit the nail on the head, Mr. Decrepit; a campaign with no real alignment restrictions is basically what I was thinking, but I should like to stress that the final word belongs to whoever is going to DM. One problem would be if someone was a paladin and another played an evil character(who traveled in the party), unless the evil character could keep his alignment hidden from the paladin...  ;)

I think my own character will be lawful or neutral good.

Ironwolf85

Koyume

(Character moved to and modified in Character thread)

BigBuckBob

I'd like to express interest,  i'll say more when the dm shows up  and we get something concrete.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Ironwolf85

here's Jac... as his base... may be edited

Name: Jacques De- Motae
Race: Cursed Human (Equine)
Alignment: NG
Class/levels: Fighter 2

Bio: born the bastard son of a nobleman, Jac was deforemed in the womb due to the anger of a wronged gypsy. taken in by the innkeeper where he was abandoned

stats (copied from sheet, I think I might re-roll later)
Str: 12
Dex: 17
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Chr: 10

Max Hp: 24 Ac: roughly 19 (could not afford better than studded leather) Touch: 14 Flat-footed: 15
Base Attack: +2
Grapple: +3
Attack: Rapier +5 melee (1d8+1/18-20), shield bash +5 melee (1d6+1)
Fortitude: +5
Reflex: +4
Will: +2
Feats and skills:  Quickdraw, weapon finesse ,Combat expertise, (one left)
Class features: all weapon and armor skills
Racial traits: +10ft movement speed (strong legs), free feat for human

Decrepitdan

Aren't we starting off at level one?

Also, Ironwolf - finesse is the spelling you're looking for I believe. :)

Ironwolf85

I was unaware of that, I thought her first part was the vampire template... normally worth a level or two... depending on power gained.
Jacques has no racial levels, the race we did was based off a warhorse, scaled down, combined with a human only has a bonus to move and a +1 to dex +1 to Str...
also we rolled low key stats for ours, because that's how ravenloft leveled the playing field

Marie Reynolds

Um okay if we are going to have party members even before a dm has ruled we should just prep the party to be above first since we have templated pc's.

Ironwolf85

Koyume

Quote from: Koyume on September 12, 2010, 12:12:25 PM

Edit: As far as statistics my preference would be to start at level 1 I think. Why don't we just roll 5d6(taking away the lowest two rolls) for ability scores; if whoever winds up DMing disagrees with either this method or with lvl.1 characters then it should be a simple enough matter to modify them as needed.

...Was what I had said earlier, just so we could start making characters. I'm fine at assuming we start off at level 2 or 3 instead; half-vampire is a +2 level  adjustment template, so it would take her 6,000 experience to get to level 2, as opposed to 1,000 for ordinary level 1 characters, if we start at level 2 then I'll assume we begin play with 3,000 already.

Really hope a DM comes along soon to straighten this out for real...

Ironwolf85

Marie Reynolds

Id say level 3 would be good, so we have some options but not high level. Hmm and Maybe since we have a hard time getting a DM we do a round robin session maybe starting with Kyoume and then we  set the rotation from their until each dm finishes a story arc.

Ironwolf85

round robin sounds good...
I got tons of monsters, though I'm going to run mine a bit freeformish

Koyume

I suppose round robin would be fine, so long as everyone is fine with that. I also have no problem whatsoever with psionics.

Koyume

So, just to confirm where we stand, if Decrepitdan agrees, then it looks like there'll be five of us, each with a character and each taking turns DMing. Since I'll be going first as DM, I'm going to confirm that we will be starting at level 3, or 3,000 experience(disregard what I had said earlier about experience and levels, I was off by a whole level in terms of exp), and everyone is free to roll 5d6, taking away the lowest two dice, with one free reroll, also standard gold for equipment, which I don't know off the top of my head unfortunately. With this everyone should be able to make their characters, right?

Heres a link to the 3.5 SRD in case anyone needs it: http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/home.html