Superhero and Villain roleplay (Interest check)

Started by nik200, November 05, 2010, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpellboundVixen

tuckers02

I have a question.  Does it have to be completely original or can it be based off of an existing superhero/anime character :p

Lionura7

Finally I finished my character! Whew! *sweat*

Name: Averaen Sonja AKA Libra

Allegiance: Neutral, fights whatever she sees as a threat at the time. Generally tries to 
keep the peace.

Description: Averaen stands at 5'9" tall with caramel-colored skin, her lean, muscular 
build allowing for the swift precise movements required to control her powers. Her hair 
is black with silver and purple streaks, and is tied into a long braid that reaches her 
lower back with long bangs that frame the side of her face. She has almond-shaped gray 
eyes, that fit nicely with her contoured face, small nose, and lips.

Her normal clothes consist of ragged jeans with the knees slit open, pink and black  a 
black fitted tank top with a foil dragon going down the side, and a fitted white hoodie with (=^_^=) printed in black on the back.

Her crime-fighting outfit consists of a black, sleeved sports bra  with a hole in the back 
revealing her tattoo , and yoga pants with no shoes. Her eyes turn black when Libra takes over as well.

Personality: Averaen is quite possibly the friendliest super you will ever meet, at least 
when she's a civilian. She's never shy with hugs and will try to befriend you with all 
her might. That is until she becomes Libra. When in uniform, the entity possessing her 
takes over and she becomes cool and calculating, and with no allegiance to anyone, all 
violence is considered a threat.

History: Libra is the Goddess of Equilibrium, bearing the responsibility of maintaining 
the balance of power in the realms. Sensing a shift in power emminent in Terra City, she 
manifested herself in the form of a young woman, possessing her to establish an easier 
access. Before Libra possessed her, Averaen was a normal young woman. She made a living 
as a freelance artist, able to afford her own apartment and a reasonable life. When the 
Goddess became a part of her, she accepted it as opposed to going crazy. The Goddess' 
soothing voice guiding her through the task of maintaining balance in the city.

Powers/Abilities:
Libra's powers manifest as the manipulation of gravity.
Specific skills:

Gravitational Shifts:
The easiest ability for Libra to use is changing the gravitational pull of whatever she 
touches. She can make an object have an attractive or repelling gravitational pull 
depending on how hard she concentrates on the object. The strength of the field is 
dependent on the size of the object, she can't make a golf ball pull a car.

Gravity Fields:
Requiring incantations and hand control, Libra can create gravity fields on surfaces. She 
can make them repel or pull depending on the incantation. With her hand movements she can 
change the shape and size of the surface area of the field.

Other skills: Her powers grant her the ability to fly, manipulating her own gravity field 
to facilitate weightlessness. Infusion with the Goddess has also made her extremely flexible and agile, enabling her to handle the movement of power within her. She is no stronger than normal, but with the Goddess' spirit within her, she is granted minor extrasensory abilities. Nothing spectacular, but if she were in a fist-fight she would be able to minimize if not avoid being hit. She is simply more aware of the sights and sounds around her, giving her better reaction times.

With both skills she can control the strengths of the fields as well, making them as weak or as strong as she sees fit.

Notes: Averaen is a mortal and her body can only use her powers extensively for so long 
before tiring. With more training an experience in battles, she will develop endurance and better uses for her powers in combat.

(Possibly a learned skill: Creation of Black holes. Obviously it would be game breaking if she could create huge black holes everywhere and swallow everything, but as her powers develop more from use, if she created a gravity field in the air she could make really small ones.)

lex87author

Quote from: tuckers02 on November 15, 2010, 04:11:24 AM
I have a question.  Does it have to be completely original or can it be based off of an existing superhero/anime character :p
Thus far everyone has been original, though things are almost always going to be using powers from other heros most likely, but I think you can base a character off another superhero. What were you thinking?

tuckers02

lex87author

Quote from: tuckers02 on November 15, 2010, 04:20:01 AM
Ever seen the anime Gunslinger Girl?  >:)
Not much, but I did a quick search to check things out and it seems interesting. How were you thinking of using the idea?

tuckers02

Well, the problem isn't creating an original character.  The problem is that all the main characters in the series has the same templete.  They may have slightly different personalities; but all of them are brainwashed, trained in firearms and martial arts, and enhanced by cybernetics.  So my character would be basically a cookie cutter of the several main characters, just with a different history and slightly deviated personality.

lex87author

Well that could work, would your character being working with the male-trainer character that I read about or would they be one that has somehow broken free and is operating independently?

You know what go ahead and make up your character sheet and post it and if nik (the guy running the RP) has any issues with it he can let you know, he generally seems to check in at least once a day.

tuckers02

Well, it's an interesting thought of her breaking free, but I can't see her being able to survive on her own.

But that's what I'll do.  Thanks Lex.

tuckers02

Name: Sophie Andoline
Allegiance: Superhero...at least that's what she'd consider herself.
Description: Sophie is a young girl just entering her teens.  Standing just under 5' and under 100 lbs, she still growing.  Her form has just begun to fill out.  Sophie has long straight brunette hair ending at the small of her back.  Her fair face framed by the dark hair sets off her emerald green eyes perfectly.
Personality: Sophie is a precarious young lady that loves life.  She loves collecting teddy bears and enjoys hanging out with the other girls as they talk about life, boys, and music.  Her training has left her no conscience; and though she's learned what not to do outside of her missions, she is a trained contract killer that will never hesitate and will never feel remorse.
History: Sophie was a happy little girl until the age of eight when a slave trader picked her up while she was playing outside.  She was sold to a sadistic man that enjoyed torturing the young girl day in and day out.  She suffered under his cruel abuse for 4 years until a clandestine organization sent in an elite force of little girls that killed the man and rescued Sophie herself.  She was taken to the lab where they repaired what they could of her body and replaced what they couldn't with cybernetics, increasing her strength and reflexes 10 fold.  Though her brainwashing, she doesn't remember anything of her history before the lab.  Like all other of the operatives, she has been assigned a handler to be her father figure.
Powers/Abilities: Sophie has increased strength and speed as well as high endurance and extreme combat training.
Skills:  Sophie is exceptional at close quarter and hand-to-hand combat.  She is also an excellent marksgirl with assault rifles and sniper rifles.  She has been trained in assault tactics as well as covert ops.  She is the perfect soldier.

nik200

Welcome aboard Tucker, in case you didnt know we are all here at the moment

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88727.0;topicseen

Im considering making this a little bigger soon, only if many people are regular, so far i like the characters being put out so far, utterly fun :)

And yes i have watched Gunslinger girl

Dramen

Quote from: nik200 on November 14, 2010, 07:44:18 PM
ummmm, ok i guess Dramen, hopefully not too many people will leave this one.

Ah I didn't mean it to come across that way. I'd love to have anyone just like I'd hope you would love to have me. I would rather retract my offer than have someone leave this one though. That wasn't my intention I assure you. If I thought that was a possibility I wouldn't have even posted.

It looks like you are getting a good response though. I think I'll exit stage left and just pretend I wasn't here. Incidentally if I wanted sometime soon to have a character in this game would I be welcome? It's cool if not I'm just curious. I like as many superhero / villain games as I can get. lol

Again sorry and I hope it wasn't taken like an intrusion. It certainly wasn't intended that way.

SpellboundVixen

Lex87:

wow... I love your blind character... outstanding I must say.  if the super heroes can all get together I think paul might just be the brains of the entire outfit.
Quote from: Dramen on November 15, 2010, 07:22:17 AM

It looks like you are getting a good response though. I think I'll exit stage left and just pretend I wasn't here. Incidentally if I wanted sometime soon to have a character in this game would I be welcome? It's cool if not I'm just curious. I like as many superhero / villain games as I can get. lol

have you been reading the story so far? its really "JUST" getting started.

lex87author

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 07:27:32 AM
Lex87:

wow... I love your blind character... outstanding I must say.  if the super heroes can all get together I think paul might just be the brains of the entire outfit.

Gee thanks Vixen, I take that as high praise. Writing as a blind character is going to be challenging, but thus far he's been fun to write so we'll see how it goes :)

He could make for an interesting opponent for Hypnotica seeing as he would be able to detect her motives with her seductive ways (though knowing about them and resisting them are two very different things hehe) plus he can't see her so all the good looks in the world won't really affect him either. This could be fun :)

nik200

Quote from: Dramen on November 15, 2010, 07:22:17 AM
Ah I didn't mean it to come across that way. I'd love to have anyone just like I'd hope you would love to have me. I would rather retract my offer than have someone leave this one though. That wasn't my intention I assure you. If I thought that was a possibility I wouldn't have even posted.

Again sorry and I hope it wasn't taken like an intrusion. It certainly wasn't intended that way.

Its quite alright, i know where your coming from. If you want to join this story you are more than welcome. Its just that this one isnt erotic mainly , its more of a storyline and how characters interact with each other and in due time, some big battles and romance if possible. I also wanted creativity with the characters which has been everyone so far, excellent characters by all of you , makes me smile :)

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 07:35:47 AM
Gee thanks Vixen, I take that as high praise. Writing as a blind character is going to be challenging, but thus far he's been fun to write so we'll see how it goes :)

He could make for an interesting opponent for Hypnotica seeing as he would be able to detect her motives with her seductive ways (though knowing about them and resisting them are two very different things hehe) plus he can't see her so all the good looks in the world won't really affect him either. This could be fun :)

oh trust me, I got my eye on Paul and was thinking to myself "is he able to resist her hypnotic way, even if he's blind"  then I remembered, when I wrote her profile, that every part of her is used to hypnotize victims.. so even thou he's blind, he still has to contend with her voice, smell, touch and if needs be, her taste.. ^^

lex87author

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 07:42:22 AM
oh trust me, I got my eye on Paul and was thinking to myself "is he able to resist her hypnotic way, even if he's blind"  then I remembered, when I wrote her profile, that every part of her is used to hypnotize victims.. so even thou he's blind, he still has to contend with her voice, smell, touch and if needs be, her taste.. ^^

Yes yes very true, it will make for some interesting "interactions" to say the least, of course this being a Non-Adult RP we'll have to keep in a little tame hehe ;)

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 07:44:17 AM
Yes yes very true, it will make for some interesting "interactions" to say the least, of course this being a Non-Adult RP we'll have to keep in a little tame hehe ;)

on, she's a non-sexual character... for now at least ^^  thats why I'm using the words hypnotize and hypnotic and not seduced and seductive.. ^^ even thou thats PG-13ish too.  She isnt out for personal pleasure [not all the time] she just wishes to dominate everything in this life... since she is forbidden to die.

shes gunna be a hard one thou for me to write... she only has 2 real powers, controlling people and immortally/agelessness

lex87author

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 07:49:12 AM
on, she's a non-sexual character... for now at least ^^  thats why I'm using the words hypnotize and hypnotic and not seduced and seductive.. ^^ even thou thats PG-13ish too.  She isnt out for personal pleasure [not all the time] she just wishes to dominate everything in this life... since she is forbidden to die.

shes gunna be a hard one thou for me to write... she only has 2 real powers, controlling people and immortally/agelessness

Yeah, she strikes me as a more puppeteer-type than the in-your-face and beat you villain. Hehe I guess we have General Wrath for that lol

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 07:51:33 AM
Yeah, she strikes me as a more puppeteer-type than the in-your-face and beat you villain. Hehe I guess we have General Wrath for that lol

yepo, pretty much how she is..

I wonder how shes gunna develop thou

lex87author

True, it will be interesting to watch she already has a fairly wealthy man under her spell so she already has a leg up in terms of resources especially when it seems nearly all the Heroes come from humble origins; only the Summer and Autumn seem to come from a well off family. Paul is practically homeless haha

nik200

Name:  Commander N
Allegiance: Villain/ Army of Wrath
Description: A mere child, with a boyish looking face. He has blue eyes and hazel brown hair. He does not have a military costume on like all the other soldiers in the Army of Wrath and is the only one that Wrath allows to not wear a uniform. He has a grey hoodie, blue jeans and black boots. His face is nearly always covered by his hoodie, and his hands are almost always in his pocket.

Personality:As a child, he really cannot differentiate right from wrong. He cannot make that distinction because of the harsh training he had been put through. He respects Wrath, enough to follow the mans orders, but not enough to completely follow Wraths orders down to every detail. He has a childish notion about him, in that if he sees toys or something interesting, he would be like a child on Christmas day getting a gift. N likes animals , but does not like people too much. Still due to his strength , the soldiers fear and respect him at the same time.

History: N's history is unknown till the part when he is 3 ((Major spoiler which i will reveal later)). At the age of 3 N was found by a scientific society to have powers. Strange powers which no one could understand how he got it. Some claimed it was genetic, while others claimed it was merely a coincidence. Either way, it was truly remarkable. That is , until Wrath came. Wrath killed all the scientists in search of something. He then saw the boy they were experimenting on and was in marvel of the child's abilities. At this point N was 5. He offered the child a place as his commander in his army. N being an innocent child blindly accepted his invitation. N then went on to kill many people under Wraths army earning the position of Commander at the age of 9.

Powers/Abilities: Magnetism. In a strange way, it is not normal magnetism you would expect. N uses his magnetism differently compared to others. He can create inanimate objects with his magnetism and give them lives of their own. For example. Using magnetism, he can create metal golems or metal soldiers. He can also do the basics of magnetism like attracting and propelling. There is a limit to how much he can create. He cannot create more than 10 metal soldiers at a time, and 4 metal golems at a time. 

Skills: Being a mere child, he does not have many skills. However, N is blessed with incredible reflexes and above average speed. He is also very smart in that he can pick things up rather quickly. Especially sciences like Physics, Chemistry and so on. His control over his ability is proof that he is a fast learner.

What do you guys think?

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 08:06:02 AM
True, it will be interesting to watch she already has a fairly wealthy man under her spell so she already has a leg up in terms of resources especially when it seems nearly all the Heroes come from humble origins; only the Summer and Autumn seem to come from a well off family. Paul is practically homeless haha

she has many people under her spell, but its not as obvious and you might think.  she can suddly put a thought into your mind, an action or something of the sort.  her victim will just do it out of instinct.. you can imagine she doesn't have to worry about police or money, since I'm thinking she controls all the banks and the police. 

SpellboundVixen

Nik:

mmhmm... more threats to Hypnotica's plans of domination.

tell me, where does Gen. Wraith's army sleep??

lex87author

Vixen: Already? Yikes the Heroes job is already a bit tougher than I'd thought if she controls ALL the banks and police, wouldn't it be a bit more realistic if she just has contacts that keep her "misdoings" of the record, so to speak? Gotta give the Heroes at least the appearance of a fighting chance lol Especially with all the new villains popping up.

nik: Looks good nik, so I N can make 10 metal soldiers AND 4 metal golems or is one or the other? If you made it 5 golems you could do things as interchangeable (i.e 2 soldiers=1 golem and so forth anf then mix and match them as the situation dictates.