News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Superhero and Villain roleplay (Interest check)

Started by nik200, November 05, 2010, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nik200

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 16, 2010, 07:02:25 AM
basicly you have this dice bot on this site

lets say Hypnotica is trying to hypnotize White blade, like she did when she met him.  to see if the hypnotic effect got to him, we roll dice,

lets say 1d6.

if my number was higher then yours, we can say that she hypnotized him.. if yours if higher, you resisted. 

we can also add rolls to see how long the effect might last.. say 1d24.  the number shown would be the number of hours she would have him to herself.

thats pretty much how it works.  this helps in combat and since its still early in the game, we can say that all the heroes are about the same power.. then as the story goes on, we can use this threat to "vote" if a super hero has gotten stronger.

this will help too to bring characters together.. lets say Commander N is way more powerful then White Blade.. you would want to bring in some extra fire power..

i'm thinking villians, since they are the bad guys, be alittle bit more powerful.. promoting teamwork.

your thoughts?

The villains are mega strong already from what i can see. plus.... it sounds over complicated to me...... it was intended as a free form, no pressure story building sort of thing. Still, if everyone wants to do it, then i will implement it , maybe.... there is also the case of , the hero getting stronger? Whats that mean exactly? They become stronger than other heroes?

SpellboundVixen

could cyclops take on super man?

I understand. for people who dont understand the magic behind the dice, things do get trouble-some..  ontop of that when you add dice to a game you have an issue with things changing from role-playing to roll-playing.

maybe at some other time we can come up with a system, but not for this game ^^

nik200

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 16, 2010, 07:21:42 AM
could cyclops take on super man?

I understand. for people who dont understand the magic behind the dice, things do get trouble-some..  ontop of that when you add dice to a game you have an issue with things changing from role-playing to roll-playing.

maybe at some other time we can come up with a system, but not for this game ^^

lol, it depends, if cyclops knew Supermans weakness or if cyclops took off his glasses, maybe he could win, lol.

Yeah, unfortunately im a very story based rper.... ive never done the dice system before , so i have no idea what to do with it.... lol, we could implement it later, way later, or if the demand pops up for it. For now i want to focus on building the story.

Quote from: KaylaM on November 16, 2010, 07:22:29 AM
Yeah. I think the RP is fine as is. No need to change what isn't broken.

hope you are enjoying it so far  :-)

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: nik200 on November 16, 2010, 07:29:05 AM
lol, it depends, if cyclops knew Supermans weakness or if cyclops took off his glasses, maybe he could win, lol.

Yeah, unfortunately im a very story based rper.... ive never done the dice system before , so i have no idea what to do with it.... lol, we could implement it later, way later, or if the demand pops up for it. For now i want to focus on building the story.

hope you are enjoying it so far  :-)

ya...sometimes I think like i'm playing a chess game, 3 moves ahead...

SpellboundVixen

batman cheats.. of course, he is a ninja, thus in his nature..

Lionura7

Batman doesn't cheat, he thinks outside the box ^.^ And he's naturally awesome so people get jealous. I like the implementation of dice, but I like it more behind the scenes. For example combat. I hate god modding and it's also no fun if no one will take a hit. So for some fights, if it comes down to it, a dice roll could come in handy for determining damage and effects and whatnot, like she said. Right now I believe it to be unnecessary as the free from is going quite well, but it's something to ponder.  ;D

Boudicca

Quote from: nk on November 16, 2010, 06:22:08 AM
Is the new thread taking place on the same day? :3

I thought of it as being perhaps a little in the past... or a little in the future. ::) So I guess that means it's not on the same day. ;) 

nik200

Just so everyone knows, we will be going on a day to day basis sort of thing. Once this little battle ends, we can go to Day 2. Thats how it will work. Lets see how many days we can do. We can also simply just do normal patrolling and stuff on a few days.

tuckers02

Well if Marisa hadn't dropped me :p

J/K...*hugs Marisa*

Xenolord

I so did not drop you! You let go! *Crosses arms.* There's a difference. Besides, I found you a medic.

nk

Wow.

I finally got a chance to post.

I was half expecting having to modify my post for like the 3rd time. lol... xD

Lionura7

nik200

hmmmmmm Lionura, you have given me a great basis for an idea for a fascinating character i just came up with. :)

Lionura7

lex87author

I'm contemplating making another character, seeing as Watcher is tending to be a more, behind the scenes, organizer-type guy. Maybe someone with a bit more muscle to face off against N? What do you guys think?

nik200

Quote from: Lionura7 on November 17, 2010, 06:53:19 PM
Oh really? *curious*

Might as well discuss it with you. Im planning on making Leo and Aquarius, would that affect your story?
Quote from: lex87author on November 17, 2010, 07:02:30 PM
I'm contemplating making another character, seeing as Watcher is tending to be a more, behind the scenes, organizer-type guy. Maybe someone with a bit more muscle to face off against N? What do you guys think?

now? what for? we are still beggining. and creating a character for the purpose to fight another is not a good idea. now a zodiac idea is a good one

Lionura7

Squee! That would be fun, Libra would know them and whatnot. Would they be villains?

nik200

Quote from: Lionura7 on November 17, 2010, 07:40:21 PM
Squee! That would be fun, Libra would know them and whatnot. Would they be villains?

My point exactly, it was a fun thing , and now i can make powers for them and stuff. And Leo of course is not a villain, he is pure hero. Aquarius im not too sure

Lionura7

Quote from: nik200 on November 17, 2010, 07:42:18 PM
My point exactly, it was a fun thing , and now i can make powers for them and stuff. And Leo of course is not a villain, he is pure hero. Aquarius im not too sure

I feel like Aquarius would be difficult to employ because he'd be so passive, being water and all. But I suppose if you agitate water it bounces back  ;D

nik200

Quote from: Lionura7 on November 17, 2010, 07:52:34 PM
I feel like Aquarius would be difficult to employ because he'd be so passive, being water and all. But I suppose if you agitate water it bounces back  ;D

Aquarius would be a girl though..... still i could make him a man, a neutral one leaning towards good

Lionura7

lex87author

Quote from: nik200 on November 17, 2010, 07:14:27 PM
what for? we are still beggining. and creating a character for the purpose to fight another is not a good idea. now a zodiac idea is a good one

It wasn't going to be just to fight N, it was more because I want to be able to play a more "hands-on" type character, I might not even introduce him quite yet. It was just something I was working on and thought I might use here if the need for it arose. I don't really have a guy in mind yet, but I'd like to have a little variety in the style of character I'd be playing. If nothing else it would allow me to let one of my characters die and not stress about being out of the game completely.

Lionura7

nik200

ive been a little busy, ill continue soon, but why is everyone else not posting? Maybe they are busy too?

tuckers02

BTW, I'm leaving for out of state tomorrow and won't be back until next Saturday.  I should have limited access so I'm hoping to get in a post a day.  If I miss a couple of days, that is why.