News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Everything is Showing up as Having a New Post

Started by Nessy, July 23, 2011, 12:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessy

I usually keep track of what i haven't read or have with the "new" label, and just like 40 seconds ago, everything is showing up as "unread".
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

LunarSage

Same here.  It6's quite disconcerting.  O.O

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Star Safyre

Veks is playing with some options right now, as he explained here.  Hopefully whatever he's doing will help with the lagging people have been experiencing.  Otherwise, I'm gonna feel like I've got a lot of reading to do.   ;)
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Keaira

I'm happy to find that I am not the only one with that issue. Everything had been fine about 10 minutes ago. Left E then logged back in and suddenly when I clicked "show new replies to my posts" I get a list of every last thread I ever posted in as being new. Upon further investigation I noticed it with other's stories that I have followed. Does anyone know what exactly is happening?
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Nessy

Quote from: Star Safyre on July 23, 2011, 12:42:07 PM
Veks is playing with some options right now, as he explained here.  Hopefully whatever he's doing will help with the lagging people have been experiencing.  Otherwise, I'm gonna feel like I've got a lot of reading to do.   ;)

Oh heh, that will teach me not to read the announcement sections very often. Then again.. if everything looks new I wouldn't know there was something new there.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Sybl

It is weird posting then finding yourself back on the start page of the thread, is this part of this experiment, or a glitch?

naryashadow

All I can say is.... GAH!!! Knock it off Vek!!!! lol. This really is annoying, and makes it difficult to figure out what I actually need to pay attention to.

MagicalPen

*Grabs his pitchfork and burning brand, gets in line behind naryashadow*

Have to admit it was rather confusing when I first started experiencing it too.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Nessy

The one thing this has cemented, and I kind of already knew this, is that I really, really like the new, unread, read type features.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Sybl

Quote from: Sybl on July 23, 2011, 12:49:31 PM
It is weird posting then finding yourself back on the start page of the thread, is this part of this experiment, or a glitch?

Woot! Fixed! Thank you Veks-  XD

naryashadow

Quote from: Eeyore on July 23, 2011, 01:12:43 PM
*Grabs his pitchfork and burning brand, gets in line behind naryashadow*

Have to admit it was rather confusing when I first started experiencing it too.

Haha, I think I may be just a tad crazy upon being the one in front of you with such things.

Mine is still not working, but I guess it will get there. Though there is one thing I would love to change about updates. If you haven't been responding to something for a period of time, for example the socializing threads, it'd be great if they'd stop popping up on your list. It kind of gets annoying seeing a crapload of those things in your updates when you no longer use them. 

Trieste

He appears to have re-enabled it, so you can go to the lower right hand corner of the forum index and click "mark all read" to clear it up.

Saku

Me too. I just noticed it happening a second ago! So it's not fixed for me yet since it just started a second ago haha
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Keaira

It should be cleared.. U just have to hit mark all read and it will go away... I on the other hand am particularly fussy and am going through them individually.
Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Beatrice Black

I just got it here too. Rather disconcerting.
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

HockeyGod

Did I miss a post that the "show unread posts since last visit" is no longer working?

Trieste

Quote from: alxnjsh on July 23, 2011, 08:53:30 PM
Did I miss a post that the "show unread posts since last visit" is no longer working?

Quote from: Star Safyre on July 23, 2011, 12:42:07 PM

Saerrael

I can honestly say that this was fun. I've seen threads I've not thought about in ages.
Though it was a bit of a hassle to find out what I should not mark read *grins*

Elven Sex Goddess

I am also experiencing this since yesterday.   I am not showing just new posts.   But posts from months ago and even ones I posted myself  11 pages.    An even if I wipe it out,  it comes back when check again,  11 pages of supposed new posts.   

I wish we go back to how it was,  lag was not at all bad.   Now its completely horrendous.