News:

Main Menu

New RP Ideas Poll

Started by setojurai, May 10, 2009, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setojurai

Alright folks.... I'd like to hear from you.  What would YOU like to be involved in with a roleplaying game with an unlimited number of players?  I'm willing to help with it, or even run it if needed.  I'm more than willing to do what you like and where.  Be it a Forum based RPG or a channel for you guys on IRC.  The sky's the limit here and it's up to you, the people of E, to decide.

HairyHeretic

I know there was a few people looking for a Scion GM a week or two back.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

setojurai

Lumby

Scion is a Storyteller System game. The players are the children of a god/dess and a mortal, and they're trying to save the world from the Titans and their progeny. I personally found it underwhelming, as it was terribly balanced and didn't give any guidelines for how the world - today's modern world - is reacting to the emergence of children of the gods and children of the titans.

setojurai

Thanks for the... information.

HairyHeretic

Think of it almost in superhero terms. Basic background is that waaaaaaaaaaay back when, the various Gods locked the titans away. They were for killing them, but found out that was a bad idea. IIRC, they killed Ymir, and that caused the last ice age. Rather than risk destroying the entire world, they locked the titans away .. elsewhere.

The titans want to get loose and likely take revenge on the Gods, destroy the world in the process and be generally unpleasent. As a mortal son or daughter of one of these deities, you're the front line to keep the titans locked away. You have your own supernatural speed, strength, charisma and so on, and relics that allow you to channel specific powers.

My pen and paper group is playing a Scion campaign at present. In the first episode, the characters were drawn together .. my own Scion of Sun Wukong (Chinese), a Scion of Thor (Norse pantheon), a Scion of Anubis (Egyption pantheon), and three Scions from the Greek pantheon (Hermes, Dionysus and Athena I think).

They found out there was a titan buried under a Romanian castle, and had to go destroy a device which could be used to wake it. They realised that the one that gave them their task was actually titanspawn, and the device was what was keeping the titan contained. They went back out, fought a fire giant and wrapped the situation up.

From there, a brief jaunt over to Dublin for some personal business of the Scion of Thor. In Dublin they were attacked by Yakuza, which led them to Las Vegas, where they spiked an Onis plans to get his hands on a powerful relic, defeating an Aztec monster to gain it for themselves.

From there, they're off to California to investigate an old mining town which was apparently closed down years ago ... which leads to the question of who sent them the fax using the stationary from that mining company?

As the campaign progresses, the players will grow in power, becoming demigods and finally Gods in their own right.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

setojurai

That actually sounds pretty awesome.  I'd have to be a Player before I could run my own though.

HairyHeretic

I think its a fun game. I'd liken it somewhat to a modern setting Exalted.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

setojurai

Indeed, it does sound like fun.  We'll see how the numbers turn out.

setojurai

*shoulder-nudges the topic back near the top so it doesn't get lost*

setojurai

As I am no longer in the mood for running games, this thread has lost it's purpose.