News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

DBZ: OC Saga - [Full]

Started by MissFire, August 27, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Premise: Dragonball Z, but with (probably) more sex, no Krillin, and less filler! ...Okay, perhaps that's a bit too silly a description. This will be Dragonball Z, as much of the series as we can play through, but the twist is that the Z Fighters are replaced by our own characters. No Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo, Goku, Tien.. all gone! It will be up to us to defend Earth and the dog King that rules it from the likes of Vegeta, Nappa, Freeza, Cell, and Buu! Since this will be our own thing, we don't have to follow the story to the letter. Do we kill Vegeta or let him go? Does someone get exploded by a Saibaman? Does the Ginyu Force still rule?! We'll figure it out as we go! The game will be open to as many people as possible. For combat, we'll be using a system based of Fighting Fantasy, which is very, very easy to use. There may even be a few tweaks to allow for things like zenkai boosts, namekian regeneration, and techniques like the Kaio-ken. Again, we can figure it out as we go along so we have something everyone understands and is happy with.

Available Character Races:
-Saiyan: This will be limited to one or two. We'll need at least one, in order to give Nappa and Vegeta a reason to come to Earth. Perhaps, though, instead of sending one pod to Earth in order to conquer it, the saiyans sent two? Saiyans may have the ability to receive a zenkai boost; when they are brought to near death and recover, they receive a large boost in power. To balance things, they might have a smaller pool of ki.

-Human: We always need plenty of humans. Humans will be balanced more to having a large pool of ki to work with. They're less about raw power and more in touch with the energy that Earth provides. Perhaps to balance things against the saiyans, only humans can use the Kaio-ken?

-Half-Saiyan: Offspring of a saiyan and a human. Perhaps balanced stat growth and a partial zenkai boost? The best stat growth of all, but no zenkai? There should be one or two of these characters.

-Android: Built by a renegade scientist like Dr. Gero or built by Capsule Corp? Whatever the origin, it's an interesting idea to have an android character. Perhaps they start with high stats, but since they're robots, they receive little to no status growth?

Techniques: To be determined. Every player can have their own signature attacks, of course, but I'd also like to include some special attacks here that may provide an additional benefit at a particular cost. Perhaps if one uses the Kaio-ken, for example, the attack stat doubles for one round, but the player's character takes two points of damage. There are a lot of possibilities!

Battle System: Based on the Fighting Fantasy game book series. This is a very easy system that we can modify to add all sorts of neat things. All you do is create your stats by making the rolls as below. Depending on race, one could receive a few bonus points to a particular stat, and more points after each 'level up' (the closure of a particular arc, or perhaps at the end of a winning fight?).

Power: Roll 1d6 and add 6 to the result to determine Power
Toughness: Roll 1d6 and add 12 to the result to determine Toughness
Ki: Roll 1d6 and add 6 to the result to determine Ki

Attacking: Roll 2d6. If the score is less than or equal to your Power, you meet with success. Deal your Skill score worth of damage to your opponent's Toughness.

Ki Attack: Roll 1d10 and deal that amount of damage to the opponent. The attack will never fail. After using Ki Attack, lower your Ki stat by 1.

Ki Dodge: Roll 2d6 and if the result is equal to or less than your Ki score, you dodge an attack completely. If successful, lower your Ki stat by 1.

Character Template:
Name:
Race:

Power:
Toughness:
Ki:

Bio:

Techniques:

Stat Rolls:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

SheerFantasia

Whee! After watching the 'Abridged' series, I'm more than ready for a DBZ game.  I'll opt for a Saiyan - just sayin'  (bad pun I know!)

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Kaliatas

Sounds awesome :) I'd love to play an android!

MissFire

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on August 28, 2014, 10:57:29 AM
Namekians are not playable?

I didn't think that anyone on this forum would really want to play a sexless slug person.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: MissFire on August 28, 2014, 06:03:55 PM
I didn't think that anyone on this forum would really want to play a sexless slug person.

I will admit I forgot about the type of RP that's popular on this forum when I asked the question...  My primary character (and has been for years) for DBZ is a namekian but...yeah.  hardly fits now that I put some thought into it.

My bad. 

Guess human or android.  Would a "race change" (like human becoming android/cyborg/wtfever you want to call them) be acceptable later on?
Coming soon...

MissFire

Sure, I don't see any problems with that.  :-)
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

+Added character template. Under 'stat rolls' please link to your rolls. No need to include the image, obviously, it's just there to show where you could/should place your own.
    - Sima Yi

Batman4560

Green Goo Theory

I know power level isn't really a thing here but thematically and swaying how we RP, techniques chosen, etc...we're operating around beginning of DBZ level?  Like Radditz fight? 
Coming soon...

Batman4560

Name is subject to change.

Name: Ryan Ramon (So he can keep his clothes)                                                                                                               
Race: Human

Power: 11 
Toughness: 16
Ki: 7

Bio:

As a child, Ryan was raised by and worked for the Red Ribbon Army. He worked through the ranks and became a commander, he battled all sorts of foes during his time and always came out the winner. The soldier felt like he couldn't be beat and constantly attempted to find someone who was better than him. Sadly the Red Ribbon Army was defeated without Ryan getting to have a part in the final fight. Ryan wandered around looking for a reason to live after the army's defeat. All he knew was war and melee combat. Ryan spent years honing his already impressive combat skills until the point where he felt he was ready to enter the World Martial Arts Competition where he met the other Z fighters. While he didn't win, Ryan had found that he made some friends and even had the chance to become stronger by learning from all those he met during the WMAT.
Techniques:
Solar Flare- By placing his hands in the front of his face, Ryan creates the light of the sun and blinds any onlookers.
Multi-Form- By dividing up his fighting power Ryan makes duplicates of himself to fight, this is often used to confuse, ambush or set up opponents for complex attacks.
Kaio-ken- Ryan draws upon his inner most strength and amplifies his true strength up to ten fold. The increase in power raises his strength, and speed temporarily. This causes harm to himself when used long term.

Stat Rolls:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php

MissFire

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on August 28, 2014, 07:18:37 PM
I know power level isn't really a thing here but thematically and swaying how we RP, techniques chosen, etc...we're operating around beginning of DBZ level?  Like Radditz fight?

Yeah, we're most likely going to be starting with Raditz.
    - Sima Yi

Kaliatas

Name: Cassandra Eluphere

Race: Android

Power: 7

Ki: 8

Bio: (This is a rough draft and open to suggestion and changes!)Cassandra was built on a world far distant from earth as a last ditch effort to repel alien invaders (I figure this could be Frieza). However she was complete too late, and although her power might have been able to save her people, her creator chose to let her fight another day, sending her away in a cloaked space shuttle. Her ship was fast but still sustained damage before it could make its escape. Forced to crash land on the nearest planet that had supplies, Cassandra has crash landed on earth and is trying to repair her ship in order to return home and search for survivors. Although Cassandra was going to fight for her people, her original purpose was as a healer. She has the ability to transfer her power, healing and energizing the subject. Cassandra also has advanced medical knowledge of organic life, although she has had few chances to use her skills as a healer.

Techniques:

Energy Infusion

Divert Power (I figure she could lower her power to add to her Ki. Not all at once but maybe over time.)

Stat Rolls: 
At 2014-08-28 20:11:14, Kaliatas (uid: 54304) rolls: 1d6a6 Result: 8
At 2014-08-28 20:10:11, Kaliatas (uid: 54304) rolls: 1d6a12 Result: 16
At 2014-08-28 20:03:25, Kaliatas (uid: 54304) rolls: 1d6a6 Result: 7

Wowza, those are some awful rolls. Does that back story work? I just felt the need to be an android that isn't from the red ribbon army.

Laughing Hyena

Hey guys I'll play a Saiyan if you don't mind.

Batman4560

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Kaliatas on August 28, 2014, 09:09:03 PM

Name: Cassandra Eluphere

Race: Android

Power: 7

Ki: 8

Bio: (This is a rough draft and open to suggestion and changes!)Cassandra was built on a world far distant from earth as a last ditch effort to repel alien invaders (I figure this could be Frieza). However she was complete too late, and although her power might have been able to save her people, her creator chose to let her fight another day, sending her away in a cloaked space shuttle. Her ship was fast but still sustained damage before it could make its escape. Forced to crash land on the nearest planet that had supplies, Cassandra has crash landed on earth and is trying to repair her ship in order to return home and search for survivors. Although Cassandra was going to fight for her people, her original purpose was as a healer. She has the ability to transfer her power, healing and energizing the subject. Cassandra also has advanced medical knowledge of organic life, although she has had few chances to use her skills as a healer.

Techniques:

Energy Infusion

Stat Rolls: 
At 2014-08-28 20:11:14, Kaliatas (uid: 54304) rolls: 1d6a6 Result: 8
At 2014-08-28 20:10:11, Kaliatas (uid: 54304) rolls: 1d6a12 Result: 16
At 2014-08-28 20:03:25, Kaliatas (uid: 54304) rolls: 1d6a6 Result: 7

Wowza, those are some awful rolls. Does that back story work? I just felt the need to be an android that isn't from the red ribbon army.

I like the character and the fact that she isn't from the RR. :D

Laughing Hyena

Name: Ruisan
Race: Saiyan

Power: 9
Toughness: 15
Ki: 9

Bio: Ruisan came from the deepest reaches of space from Planet Vegeta. Saiyan, the strongest warriors there ever were and one of the few remaining. Within his Saiyan pod he crash landed upon Earth, right within an outpost of the Red Ribbon Army. The realization that he was an alien and a powerful weapon if controlled immediately caused Doctor Roto to immediately set to work experimenting upon the newly acquired beast. Keeping him under heavy control Ruisan became Rotos weapon of choice to advance through the Army and obliterate the foes of the Red Ribbon Army. However Ruisan like all Saiyans has immense pride and the mere realization of being shackled, a mere puppet, allowed him to break free of the control used by Doctor Roto upon the seventh mission when he laid his eyes upon one of the artifacts they searched for. The young warrior soon turned his rage upon the Red Ribbon Army systematically destroying them one by one. He didn't care for what bargains they made, they were not worthy of it if they cannot match the strength of a Saiyan.

However all the tampering with his mind had made him forget the mission he was sent to accomplish here on earth. With his ship dismantled and no way to contact the planet he was effectively stranded. As such he wandered the world he now inhabits with the intention of becoming the strongest fighter and learning what he was sent to do. There were plenty of things to fight, hunt and eat. There were other warriors with unique powers and techniques. The people that exist are radically different than what he remembered on his own home. Some even capable of challenging the Saiyan. It made his warrior spirit relish every opportunity found here. The longer he spent time on Earth the more it grew upon him. Now with his mission unable to be remembered and no end in sight he turns his attention towards self improvement and to see just how much merit there was to these Dragon Balls.

-Techniques-

Nova Pulse - Ruisan fires off a Ki Orb after compressing it into the size of a fist that is launched at the target. Upon impact the Ki explodes growing considerably in size with the destruction and range increasing as he becomes stronger. At the moment it can take out a considerably large chunk of land, turning it into rubble. He actually used this to considerable effect against the Red Ribbon Army. (Ki)

Oozaru Rush - Saiyans are capable of incredible speed and strength and as such Ruisan takes full advantage of it with a combo empowered with Ki for even more devastating strikes. Starting with a hard stomach punch followed by a swift uppercut to the jaw to launch an opponent up into the air before using sheer speed to get above him and spike him back down with a heel kick right to the small of the back. (Physical)

-Stat Rolls-

At 2014-08-28 22:12:18, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3
At 2014-08-28 22:12:51, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3
At 2014-08-28 22:13:32, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3

-Edit-

Small Edit because of a description only being halfway done.

Green Goo Theory

Character Template:
Name: Tīkēki
Race: Biotech gynoid (Explained in bio)

Power: 8
Toughness: 15
Ki: 12

Bio: Tīkēki was a fighter from the moment that she could walk.  Her first words were a declared challenge.  Her first fight was against a bully several times her age and much older than she was.  it was only natural that her parents would attempt to find a way to channel her energy and aggresive personality and harness it and she was enrolled in the finest (non-crane or turtle) martial arts school in the world.  Tīkēki was a prodigy and an unstoppable machine to all of her peers.  Her lithe physique in no way a good indication of what she was capable of.

As powerful as she had grown as a human though the fundamental basics of chi manipulation were unknown to her and her instructors.  While she could punch through steel, throw a grown man across a football field, and appear as a blur to the normal person she couldn't even place at the world tournaments.  After her latest failure she dedicated herself to training no human she knew could help her with and she walked out into the wilderness where she recieved horrible wounds from which she was offered recovery  from wounds sustained against a type of creature she had never seen before.

In exchange for assistance in the future the elderly man would heal her.  Repair or replace sections of her body and otherwise enhance it in a myriad of ways she never thought possible.  They promised her the ability to become stronger than anyone she had seen before with these lab grown technorganic upgrades and sent back with the message that they would speak again.

(Think more along the lines of Dr. Wheelo or Cell but minus the hax "i have every genetic perk in existence".  Mechanically would just RP her like a human.  It's more of a fluff thing to explain ki stuff and other abilities without crane/turtle school.  May have future upgrades come into play.) 

Techniques:
Energy Rings
Barrier
Energy Blade

Stat Rolls:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4623053/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4623055/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4623056/
Coming soon...

Terian

Eh, sure, why not, I'll give this a shot.

Name: Karra
Race: Saiyan

Power: 10
Ki:10

Bio:
Karra is an orphan--that's what she's been told at any rate, and she has no reason to disagree, given how she was raised by the master of the Seven Star Long Sword School for as long as she can remember, and it was about as pleasant a life as one could expect, despite a rural upbringing and a propensity towards needing to defend the school's sign against the odd challengers here and there, and there was that one bit with the odd bunch of warlords trying to forcibly conscript the world's finest warriors for some war or another--but those are more speedbumps when you get rght down to it, and she was perfectly happy with keeping up with her studies whenever the crisis of the month had come and gone.  It's widely considered a great tragedy by the various masters of the world that a girl of her unthinkable natural talent, capable of analyzing even the most complicated of battle techniques in moments, and coming up with variations and adaptations on the fly to better counter her opponents.  It's widely considered that she has the potential to actually claim the title of the World's Strongest if she would dedicate her life to the Martial Arts, but sadly, she has no interest in something that comes so easily to her.

While a genuine genius at battle, having mastered the Seven Star Long Sword Style at the age of eight with only occasional practice, Karra dislikes fighting, finding it coming too easily to really enjoy compared to her studies--which she throws herself into with a laser's focus, quickly attaining a scholarship at one of the world's finest universities, which she remains entirely happy with, even if she's a magnet for trouble and often winds up having to draw forth the sword to keep the peace, if only so she can get back to doing the things she'd rather do.

It's a shame that she's secretly an alien from space delivered as a baby, with all the necessary baggage that comes with that--but what you don't know can't hurt you, right?

Techniques:
Material Enforcement: The sign of mastery of the Seven Star Long Sword Style, Material Enforcement is an art that unifies the mind, body, and spirit of the bearer, integrating their tools and garb as an extension of this.  For all intents and purposes, this renders any weapon, clothing, and armor born by the user as unbreakable as their body, for whatever that's worth, allowing them to contest even the greatest Ki-Reinforced warriors on even terms, without needing to fear their blade being unable to keep up.
Polestar Echo: A close quarters fast-draw technique.
Severance: A two-handed, high damage attack at close range, can be projected as a blast at range with a reduction in power.

Stat Rolls:
At 2014-08-29 03:57:04, Terian (uid: 5837) rolls: 3d6 Result: 12

MissFire

Everyone looks good and we've got enough to start so I'll get up the OOC topic this weekend! In the meantime, you might want to think about how all your characters are related, as all the Z Fighters should know each other.
    - Sima Yi

Terian

Well, Karra is--like most Saiyans--a trouble magnet in spite of her best efforts, and is Also a master of the "World's Mightiest Sword Style", so while she isn't naturally inclined to prefer beating people to a bloody pulp, she does have a tendency of being present whenever a various evil empire or secret organization decides to make a bid for power, and she tends enforce the peace anywhere within her reach and attention--and when you're a natural combat genius of a legendary warrior race, that reach and attention tends to be Quite Long.

She rationalizes it as getting all the headaches out of the way all at once so she doesn't need to worry about them later, but realistically speaking, she Is still a Saiyan, and despite the fact she's naturally inclined more to scholarly pursuits then fighting, there's only so far you can tame that natural hyper-aggression, she just has a decent moral compass and laser focus which helps make her only a bit prickly in general, rather then a complete incompetent at anything that doesn't involve "Apply Beam/Fist to Man" like most canon full-blooded Saiyans are.

Batman4560

Would it be possible to assume she was the one who ended the RR and my character (Needs better name) and Rusian know eachother from our days with the RR. I'm not sure about Cass or Ti.

MissFire

Name: Mei Ren Tao
Race: Human

Power: 11
Toughness: 14
Ki: 10

Bio: A tomboy from the day she was born, Mei has had an enormous interest in martial combat since she first saw one of the classic Jackie Chun movies. Nearly as soon as she was able, she joined the Crane School and took to her training with ease. Her diminuitive size (she's only five feet tall) led to her getting picked on by some of the other students, but that just made her angry and her small stature makes her all the harder to hit when paired with her incredible speed. While not the toughest Z Fighter of the group, she is surprisingly one of the strongest and uses her short stature to evade blows while countering with heavy strikes. Her specialty is the Phantom Fang (more commonly called Afterimage Technique). As one might guess, she takes martial arts and her school very seriously and entered the World Martial Arts Tournament, where she met some of the other Z Fighters. When Mei isn't fighting or training (which is a rarity), she is surprisingly rather relaxed and casual. During training she can be brusque and serious, but when not busy she's a guy's girl; she loves to relax and have a few drinks.

Techniques:
-Phantom Fang: Mei creates multiple afterimages of herself and uses them to distract her opponent so she can slip in from a blind spot and strike. Usually she combines this with Panther Style or Fujian White Crane Style Kung Fu, resulting in up close combat, precise and fast blows that are mainly elbows, kicks, or panther-fist punches.

-Dodon Barrage: A variation on the Dodon Blast developed by Mei, the Dodon Barrage is many smaller, rapid-fire blasts that emerge is golden beams from the tip of the user's pointer finger. Mei does this with her thumb facing upwards and pointer finger extended (as if mimicking a gun) to help her aim. After numerous blasts, one, final, large blast is fired.

-Mystical Crane Typhoon: One of the signature moves of the Crane School, this devastating ability sacrifices concentrated power for area-of-affect damage. Mei, airborne, charges a sphere of golden ki and then hurls it at the ground. As it hits the ground it explodes and 'splashes' out in a wave that extends far from the point of impact. With such a large damage area, she does not even need to hit her opponent directly.

-Spirit Cannon: (To be unlocked later in the game) Another signature Crane move, the Spirit Cannon (often called the Tri-Beam Attack) harnesses so much ki that it is even damaging to the user. Mei only uses this when things are desperate. The user creates a small 'frame' by making a diamond shape with their hands and visualizing their target within that frame. From between the hands comes an intense golden blast of ki, powerful enough to knock back all but the heartiest of opponents. Even against an opponent of much greater power, a Spirit Cannon barrage can hold the stronger fighter at bay.

Stat Rolls:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=63852
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=63853
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=63854
    - Sima Yi

Batman4560

Will we have the chance to learn new techniques as the story progresses? If so should we list them now?

Green Goo Theory

That's a lot of chick characters.  Wow.  Exact opposite of the real Z fighters.

Also!  If we're following DBZ and this is pre-Radditz we may not be friends.  Maybe allies in times of issues (I.E. King Piccolo) and maybe an enemy or two.  We already have a few characters shooting for "world's strongest" so there's a lot of healthy competition.  I'm fine with prior relationships like sparring partners, training partners or anyone from the same school/sensei.  Or even an enemy such as Tikeki being sent (such as by the person that upgraded her) after some of these other fighters. 

just so many options and I don't know where to start or who to talk to.
Coming soon...

Laughing Hyena

Well if Karra does accept the idea that she played a part in destroying the Red Ribbon army, she could easily know Ruisan (pun on Raisin) as one of Dr. Roto's (Dragon Quest reference) enforcers whom went on a big time rampage against them and so could Low-ki for that matter. The three of them could have easily fought against each other or alongside one another if that was the case.