Hentai JRPG

Started by steelsmiter, March 11, 2024, 09:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

Some time ago I was in conversation with another member about an RP they had where they were stuck in a video game, but there's been RL problems preventing that from happening, so I thought I'd cast my net to see if it could be expanded to a group game, possibly a big group game (Say 4+ players). But before that, a bit of background is required:

Quote from: steelsmiter on February 24, 2024, 04:15:37 PMA number of years ago I wrote a game called Visual Novel World which was set in a fictional are roughly analogous to the real world Kagoshima Prefecture and Municipality, barring liberal use of artistic license. My artistic license was to make it a hotbed of Tentacle Monster Invasion starting with the Sakoku Edict of 1635. It isn't particularly clear to the players how the invasion started, but from about that time on until at least the present day that the region is set upon by tentacle monsters barely kept at bay by various goings on within the prefecture.

• In the original game, it was the quantum physics lab at Special K (a purely fictional) University there in Kagemusha.
  • In 2019, Shadows of Kagemusha is released by Virtual Reality Company SatoVR
  • Sometime in the next few years there is a timeline fracture. One such fracture has SatoVR merging with a company called EDEN Corp., which had created the E.D.E.N (Electronic Device Enabled Nirvana) OS in a mutually beneficial arrangement. This arrangement later collapsed when EDEN Corp. Tried to off one of their employees, and later attempted to destroy the employee's reputation by claiming she had an incestuous relationship with her son.

The game this worldbuilding thread is for takes place sometime between 2019, and A New Eden, before the EDEN Corp debacle went down. It's inspired by the Stuck in a Game story presented by @Sara Nilsson. This thread will house her character sheet, which will use my JRPG World system. I may also make a Visual Novel World sheet for the character if we discuss it enough, but for now it will be just the JRPG World sheet. I don't intend on this thread being open for public consumption, but the noted user may reply here if needed.

That worldbuilding thread is still there, and it could be useful if players are interested. The person mentioned in the quote is having RL Problems, but I posted their sheet as an example. I also have the rules on my discord if I open this up for a more formal group game (I just told the other player what sort of options they had rather than throwing the whole book at them, so the sheet isn't fully realized, and may not be perfectly compatible).

I may end up going a slightly different route, not requiring players to be stuck in the game, but doing so would imply they also have Visual Novel World characters for the real world portion of the game. Doing so would explicitly mean the "Metamind" is available since they use cheats, exploits, online guides, etc. But it would require two semi-compatible rulesets. Assuming we're ONLY using JRPG World, not Visual Novel World, then one other detail needs to be sorted out:

• Characters are Full Contact Users: NC is guaranteed. Loss of a battle means NC, and most likely Extreme (both bestiality and monster sex), but characters can't die. They gain the setting move listed here
  • Characters are not full contact users: They suffer damage equivalent to Visual Novel World bruises if their characters die. They respawn at a nearby safe settlement, save point, etc. They lose any items they'd have consumed, but might gain partial XP. They could lose an important item, and gain more, but it'd be an impromptu decision that I don't have rules for.
  • Characters are a mix: Some use one rule and some use the other.
  • If we do use both the real world and the game world, then one sheet can be extrapolated from the other if a player doesn't want to use both rule books (although it bears mentioning Visual Novel World is easier than JRPG World to create characters for)
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Sorvoe551

Interesting. Color me intrigued. Would this game be through here or through your Discord?

steelsmiter

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on March 11, 2024, 10:09:16 PMInteresting. Color me intrigued. Would this game be through here or through your Discord?
Discord doesn't have the text formatting I need (primarily quotes in colors) and the site doesn't have a dice roller. Also every game I advertise on site is intended on site, so... discord is required for the dice roller at least. Conveniently it also has the books for whichever of the two systems we end up using.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Sorvoe551

I see. I noticed the link to your Discord in your signature, but I didn't want to just hop in willy-nilly. Would it be alright if I joined to study up?

steelsmiter

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on March 11, 2024, 10:14:55 PMI see. I noticed the link to your Discord in your signature, but I didn't want to just hop in willy-nilly. Would it be alright if I joined to study up?
Yep! Be aware, there are people who don't partake in our proclivities there, so if you identify as anything other than your elliquiy username, it's usually less embarrassing to hash that out in PMs.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Sorvoe551

yutohase

Looks interesting! I probably would like to play a mix of full-contact and non-full-contact. Do you accept more masculine characters?

steelsmiter

Quote from: yutohase on March 13, 2024, 05:02:16 PMLooks interesting! I probably would like to play a mix of full-contact and non-full-contact.
That's not really how it works because of the background which I'm not sure I've fully explained. See what happened in 2019 is that the Professor of Quantum Physics at Special K university, assisted by students from the 2013 incident, embedded a ritual in the VR machines made by SatoVR, which kept the all the hentai monsters on the other side of a dimensional barrier on the agreement that full contact users would supply the sexual energies that the monsters kept invading the physical universe for. It's opt in or opt out. that being said...

Quote from: yutohase on March 13, 2024, 05:02:16 PMDo you accept more masculine characters?
ideally this game should be a roughly even mix of M/F to keep things interesting for me. I'm not very good at pure M/M and only slightly better at F/F. That being said, I'm not shutting out any particular gender identities, and what players do between themselves is their own business. I just don't want it to overly be a sausage or clam fest. There are several characters from the original game that would only be seen online because of their backgrounds.

The ones in the New Eden Continuity won't exist as written there, but the RP could be played in their area so the mom might show up (around 15-20 years younger) in person. Which is actually part of the possibility for using both Visual Novel World and JRPG World. JRPG World would represent their Shadows characters, and VNW could represent their meatspace characters.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

yutohase

Ok, that sounds good! I’m a bit hesitant on non-con so I’ll probably start off non-full-contact, but if I start feeling up for it I’ll let you know and maybe we could morph it into full contact?

Also, how do you feel about characters with both sets of genitals?

steelsmiter

Sorry I'm getting these out of order
Quote from: yutohase on March 13, 2024, 08:04:40 PMAlso, how do you feel about characters with both sets of genitals?
I don't have any particular feeling other than the fact that it might skew the audience and/or potential applicants. People have been rude about it in the past. Those issues were resolved as needed, but they ended up souring the game in the past. One thing I will say is that I don't like the possibility of the game being about gender politics. It's supposed to be about monsters sticking things where they don't belong. 

Quote from: yutohase on March 13, 2024, 08:04:40 PMOk, that sounds good! I’m a bit hesitant on non-con so I’ll probably start off non-full-contact, but if I start feeling up for it I’ll let you know and maybe we could morph it into full contact?
I think because of the opt in nature of having a full VR set and clicking the right boxes upon entry into the game it can be categorized as "consenticles". It also occurs to me you can have one character that's Limited Contact, and in keeping with MMO culture, make an "Alt" when you get the full VR Suit, and Enviroglobe. Nothing says you have to, owing to settings menus and all that, but the possibility of alts is canonical as in the New Eden game, there were 1630s alts and plans to create them for every era.

Which is not to say you shouldn't apply, I just am wary that fewer people might apply because of it, and I can't speak one way or the other about how much it could distract from the rest of the game.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

yutohase

That’s fair! And it also sounds good for Limited Contact. I think I’ll go that route. And I’ll try to respect people’s boundaries too.

steelsmiter

There's a misunderstanding here and I'm not sure how to rectify it. It's more like I don't think you'll have an active role in how boundaries are treated, but people may silently judge or not even join or whatever, or they may misunderstand the point of the game. It's not about any particular fetish per se, it's actually about that story I told you earlier where the game is a magic ritual protecting the physical world from rapey monsters. It's somewhere slightly skewed toward smut, but also fairly story based. Anyway, you should probably join the discord and look over the books in case you have to do both characters, but primarily JRPG World.

EDIT: I will be accepting sheets here as they are completed, I'll link the Worldbuilding thread as an offload for sheets once they're approved.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

yutohase

Quote from: steelsmiter on March 13, 2024, 09:22:39 PMThere's a misunderstanding here and I'm not sure how to rectify it. It's more like I don't think you'll have an active role in how boundaries are treated, but people may silently judge or not even join or whatever, or they may misunderstand the point of the game. It's not about any particular fetish per se, it's actually about that story I told you earlier where the game is a magic ritual protecting the physical world from rapey monsters. It's somewhere slightly skewed toward smut, but also fairly story based. Anyway, you should probably join the discord and look over the books in case you have to do both characters, but primarily JRPG World.

EDIT: I will be accepting sheets here as they are completed, I'll link the Worldbuilding thread as an offload for sheets once they're approved.
Ahh ok. Sorry for all the misunderstandings. I'll go ahead and join the Discord and figure it out from there.

steelsmiter

Guess I should probably put up an example sheet

JRPG World Character Sheet (The sheet for Visual Novel World--real world characters--will be different)
NameYour In Game Name in the case of JRPG World
AncestryIn Shadows of Kagemusha, there are non-humans, you should read the book before you pick your ancestry
ClassesWhat JRPG Classes you have
Description/AvatarAny faceclaim you have.
LanguagesAmerican English by default. Each character has different languages based on their background and how languages are determined
Power TierIn JRPG World, each Power Tier (1-10) represents 10 levels worth of grinding, for a total of 100 levels
XP BarsOther PBTA games resgard this as advancement points. Unlike other PBTA games, earning them for a failure is not outright guaranteed

Ability*ValueDerived Statistic*ValueStatuses and Conditions (Duration)*
StrengthHP (Factor 100)
VitalityMP (Factor 0)
AgilityDestiny (Max=Spirit +Power Tier)
MindInitiative
SpiritStamina
SecretsSpeed (Walk, x2 for Run, x6 for Sprint)
Shenanigans
* These are different in Visual Novel World

Factional Allegiances and Oppositions*Roll ModifierPoint Value
Classes, Advanced Classes, and Ancestries grant positive Faction modifiers at certain point costs (Cost=Modifier for individual entries, +1 to +3 cost for small to large groups)
These may be changed by Lifebreather permission, such as to fulfill faction requirements for an advanced class
their total point values should cancel out, which may require you to purchase additional alliances and oppositions
One more, just 'cause the example sheet has 4.
These are different than bonds in Visual Novel World.

Armor Proficiencies
Determined by Class and Advanced Class. Irrelevant in Visual Novel World

Weapon Proficiencies
Determined by Class and Advanced Class. Irrelevant in Visual Novel World

Starting Moves
You get one starting move for each Class, Advanced Class, and Ancestry
Move Name
Move Rules. Roll Something. *On a 10+, Something happens. *On a 7-9, something else happens. *On a 6-, you fail, something else happens.
  • Sometimes consequences are listed here
  • Sometimes bonuses are listed here.
  • Pick however many your respective move says.

JRPG World characters get ONE of the two moves for their Main, and may add the other to an Alt, or Change their settings if the Lifebreather agrees the situation is appropriate to change.

Setting Move: Full Contact User
When you would lose a battle, Roll Shenanigans. Regardless of the roll, the opponent(s) do(es) whatever sexual things they want. *On a 10+, they leave the area, and you respawn close. the encounter is considered "resolved". You get to keep all your stuff. *On a 7-9, suffer 1 drawback. On a 6-, gain 1 XP bar and suffer both
  • They stay behind, but you kept any items you would have lost, and the encounter is unresolved
  • You lose items that would have been given back to you upon respawn, but the encounter is resolved unless you had to take both options.

Setting Move: Limited Contact User
When you would lose a battle, your JRPG Character must respawn, and your Visual Novel World character suffers 1 Bruise. Roll Shenanigans. *On a 10+, take all the options  *On a 7-9, take 2 On a 6-, take one.
  • They leave the area, or you respawn in a different area.
  • The encounter is resolved. Any quest advances.
  • You keep any consumables that would have been lost
  • gain 1 XP bar

Advanced Moves
Requires Power Tier 2+

Key Items
  • 1-3 MacGuffins suitable to your character, either from the list, or pending Lifebreather agreement

Other Gear
Armor
  • Armor (Value), Magic Armor (Value)
  • Other effects

Main Weapon
  • Base Damage(7-9): 60x(Power Tier+Item Tier)=
  • Max Damage (10+): 100x(Power Tier+Item Tier)=
  • Other effects

Offhand Weapon or Shield
  • Armor and Magic Armor of shields is the same as armor
  • Shields grant cover
  • Weapons grant the same damage and other effects as a Main Weapon,

Consumable or other item
  • Each itemized effect

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Post reserved for Visual Novel World sheet.

Name: Your Meatspace Name
Archetypes: 3 Visual Novel World archetypes that aren't non-human
Looks: Faceclaim goes here
Optional Body Shape Generation: Details in Visual Novel World. Additional information in Afterthoughts Compiled and possibly in Adventure Mode
Drive: A drive is usually chosen from those available in Visual Novel World, but it's possible to seek another with Lifebreather agreement.
Senpai: In previous games this could have been a person or the universe. for our purposes default is Shadows of Kagemusha
Relationship Level: 1-10. It doesn't always match JRPG World Power Tier because points are accumulated differently
Relationship Points:

Attributes (Characters get +2 to one attribute of their choice based on their Archetypes. The other scores are either +2, +0, -1, -1 or +1, +1, +0, -1 with either set arranged however you like. Attributes can be advanced up to +4)
Cool:  
Hot:    
Smarts:
Sports:  
Weird:

Bruises: Sports or Cool+3
Blood: Sports or Cool+3

Starting Moves
Starting moves are roughly formatted the same way as JRPG World moves

Advanced Moves
So are Advanced Moves

Equipment
  • Each archetype lets you pick 3 items
  • In addition, Full Contact Users start with Fully Functional Haptic Suit and Enviroglobe OR
  • Limited Contact Users start with a visor, gloves, and Off Brand Haptic Suit
GPA/Bonds
  • Bonds are produced by an equation which varies game to game. Since this game is centered around playing a computer game, skill with the game is measured by coordination or ability to exploit, which are measured by Smarts x2 or Cool+1. Bonds can go up to +4
  • Negative bonds are possible, which increase the number of bonds you can pick beyond the above.
  • In both cases, bond values are modified according to the size of an affected group.

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

So I just thought I'd add in that players don't necessarily need to create both sheets, I can translate from one version of the system to the other if need be. So if a player wants a Sukeban/Martial Artist/Dojikko or something, that'd be like a Monk/Knight or Noble of whatever Ancestry seems most appropriate.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

GunmetalDreamer

Heyo Steely, it's been a while.

I probably shouldn't, but I can't help but want to put my hat in the ring.  Not a lot of setting details about the game itself, but jRPG World has both an Android Race and a Cyberpunk Advanced Class.  What kind of tech level are you looking at having in-game?

steelsmiter

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on March 20, 2024, 02:02:54 PMHeyo Steely, it's been a while.

I probably shouldn't, but I can't help but want to put my hat in the ring.  Not a lot of setting details about the game itself, but jRPG World has both an Android Race and a Cyberpunk Advanced Class.  What kind of tech level are you looking at having in-game?
Oh right, so actually I'm like 95% certain you were in the original Kagemusha game. This story is directly inspired by that when Tetsuo several years later would create full sensation VR with the help of the Special K physics department. There is a combination of tech levels. I should probably lock the Android race since the VR Shadows of Kagemusha video game takes place in the 1630s, but I haven't explicitly decided on that, and the campaign world goes for the whole span of 400 years or so. In the New Eden game set in somewhere in the US, there's a Cyberpunk expansion pack. I would hazard that Time Travel ShenanigansTM are viable, But since it's based on a real historical period maybe Androids are disguised using Synth Skin? It's easier not to have it, but I'm not sure whether that's how it should be. Otherwise, the tech level is about what Dutch traders would have supplied to Japan in the time period, and I do think any android travellers would at least make a show of preserving that.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

schnookums

This seems intriguing, am definitely curious about this game idea. Should I check out the discord server?

steelsmiter

Quote from: steelsmiter on March 11, 2024, 10:12:27 PMDiscord doesn't have the text formatting I need (primarily quotes in colors) and the site doesn't have a dice roller. Also every game I advertise on site is intended on site, so... discord is required for the dice roller at least. Conveniently it also has the books for whichever of the two systems we end up using.
Per previous quote
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

schnookums

Oops, I had misread the post, thanks for the clarification, still interested though!

steelsmiter

Quote from: schnookums on March 21, 2024, 05:56:10 PMOops, I had misread the post, thanks for the clarification, still interested though!
Ok, sorry been distracted. Might get it going if I can confirm the sheets of 4+ players. 
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Raku

Is there no warrior/fighter in the guide? I can’t see it.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Raku on April 10, 2024, 04:43:06 PMIs there no warrior/fighter in the guide? I can’t see it.
There's a few in both Classes and Advanced Classes. But those are in JRPG World, I'm guessing you're looking at Visual Novel World, where you'd only find a full on warrior Adventure Mode supplement (where it's a samurai and I used different words I can't remember off the top of my head)... but that wouldn't work for your meatspace character anyway owing to most of the combat being in the VR game.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Raku

I’ll just go with monk then.