[The Legend of Korra] New Republic City [Recruiting!]

Started by Karma, December 22, 2014, 11:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indeed, and that gives me some idea of where to start with the plot. Muahaha.

Juggtacular

Saidi

I'm going to have to back out. :(  I thought about it, and once the spring semester starts up, I'll be very busy with that and it wouldn't be fair to join a group RP if my posting will be very limited.  I hope you guys have a lot of fun though. 
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. --Victor Borge

Help me revive my muse?

That's understandable, Saidi. :) Hope to see you again soon.

Angie

Sorry Karma, you mention Brave New World, and I must sing....dying swans....twisted ways...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Cuchulainn

VonDoom

Well, I'm not that big on the modern weaponry angle displacing bending angle. I mean, the magical kung fu is a huge part of the fun! Between the devastation brought about by mechs, 'giant robots' and super-weapons, I could see the Avatar making it part of her duties to keep technology from going overboard. With Republic City and ... the ?United Earth Republic? ... presumably pretty well behind her now as well, I could see a four nation treaty happening about it, making the production of weaponry beyond a certain level of destructive capability illegal.

Of course, advanced mecha built for labor or exploration aren't exactly non-dangerous when put to improper use and there's always warmongers and criminals, but active efforts to stop such advancement might keep at least weapon tech a little more restrained.  ;D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Yeah, there will definitely be controls in place about that sort of thing... but control is an illusion. I'm not saying it'll be F-22s vs benders or anything though. :P

Angie

Well, the most the doc was gonna have would be a pistol or a shotgun of some kind. Nothing huge or even that advanced.

I could totally see a mecha in an ambulance like capacity, going into high danger zones and recovering the wounded-but now we're getting into Shadowrun territory.

Cuchulainn

Even modern weaponry wouldn't be that powerful, an metal bender could do a lot of damage to a gun or a plane for that matter.

Yup! The proliferation of advanced bending techniques is a great boon to keeping technology in balance. A jolt of lightning bent into a rifle could easily detonate the ammo. Even regular bending can play in; a blast of air will throw off aim, and well... we all know what waterbenders can do.

Angie

Well, the gun would only be for really big moments, like, life or death situations. He'd be pacifist most of the time, though that doesn't preclude beating a motherfucker with an oak staff. 

I've updated the OP with a game primer! Let me know what you think of it.

Angie

Juggtacular

Sweet opening. And if you still need a Co-GM I can help.

Cuchulainn

Feel free to start planning out your character backgrounds. If you have any questions hit me up. I'll make a character sheet as soon as I can, but I'll be busy the rest of today and some of tomorrow.

Angie

In all honesty, I'll be too busy staring at your avi.

Mmm....

Juggtacular

I've already had my character mapped out from previous Avatar games. Just a few changes and he'll be good for this one.

Cuchulainn

Don't suppose we could get a rough template? Also will the characters have the choice of being villains or will they be hero's?

Best I can do at the moment is direct you to this character profile of mine that I was going to use as a basis anyway: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=195262.msg9513402#msg9513402

And yes, she is unabashedly based on Lin Bei Fong. :P

Cuchulainn

Downfall347

Are you still recruiting as I am very interested. Do characters have to be benders? I have a concept I have been dying to play. A former Equalist Chi Blocker. Do you think that would work in the scope of your story?

Angie

Quote from: Downfall347 on December 23, 2014, 10:02:34 PM
Are you still recruiting as I am very interested. Do characters have to be benders? I have a concept I have been dying to play. A former Equalist Chi Blocker. Do you think that would work in the scope of your story?

I'm already planning on playing a mundy, so I think non-benders are okay, since Karma didn't immediately cockslap me and say no.