Rise of the Runelords (play-by-post edition)

Started by Autocad, June 11, 2015, 07:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Better idea. I'm making a straight-up Human Fighter. Two-Handed Fighter archetype. A little different than what I usually play, but it should be fun!

No fancy magic powers. No rainbow colored hair. No angelic blood, or demon ancestry. Just a young lady who joined the Pathfinder Society lookin' to find a way out of being a farmer for the rest of her life, and got in WAAAAAAY over her head. She really shouldn't have gone to Sandpoint.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

rikka

Sybilene has come to Sand Point in search for the secrets of the Thassilonians in the area.

Apperance
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Chulanowa

Joining the theme of not running out there with too-whacky notions...

meet Teela Mayweather, who will be your halfling bard for the adventure! She's come to sandpoint partly for the Swallowtail festival, but also to get away from the dreary, dull life of a halfling turnip farmer. Armed with her grandfather's fiddle, a few magic tricks, and one tall tavern tale too many, she aims to find adventure and forge her own stories! She has no idea what she's getting into.

...well okay, one wacky notion - Summon Instrument plus "Rough and Ready" trait to go around whacking people with surprise guitars like a 3' 4" El Kabong.

Latooni Subota

Here's a question: I know multi-classing normally isn't allowed, but is Prestige Classing once the game gets to that point allowed?

Name: Vera Abbey
Race: Human (Chelaxian)
Class: Fighter (No Archetype)

Description

Vera is a rather unimpressive looking young woman of Chelaxian descent, standing at 5'0". The Chelaxian blood runs strong in her, as is obvious by her sharp facial features, especially her dark brown eyes. Her hair is a slightly lighter shade of brown, and reaches only down to her neck at it's longest, cut in a way so as to be easier to manage in a fight rather than to be flattering. Her entire body is lean and muscular, though more like a particularly well-toned swimmer than an over-muscled warrior. She can out-arm-wrestle your average town guardsman, her bottom is firm enough to bounce a copper off of, and her bust is . . . she'd prefer the term fun-sized rather than overtly pointing out her lack of real curves. Her skin is only lightly tanned from years of exercise in the fields and a warrior's training, her Chelaxian blood ensuring that she never gets too tanned or burnt. In general she wears simple padded underclothes with a set of cheap scale mail on top, a solid red hooded tabard over that. Rather than gauntlets and greaves she prefers heavier gloves and boots, mainly for the feel. She's rarely seen without her backpack stuffed full of damn near every piece of gear a pathfinder might need, or her belt weighed down with everything from her longsword's sheath to alchemist's fire to a crowbar!

Backstory
Vera Abbey is a young woman of Chelaxian descent, hailing not from one of the major cities out there, but from a large family-owned farm in Andoran between Alvis and Augustana. With her mother, father, various uncles and aunts, five brothers, and two sisters the Abbey family is well-known through Andoran and Cheliax for their skill at breeding horses, fine crops, and even their brewing. More than a few taverns have been squabbling over the contracts to get their hands on Abbey's Brew, a potent spiced rum that's mainly sold in Absalom, Andoran, and Cheliax.

As the 'baby' of her family, Vera always found herself on the bottom of the stack growing up. Her many siblings could do damn near anything better than her, from raising horses to taking care of the fields. It didn't help that she seemed to not inherit either her mother's beauty or her father's height and build. She instead got the opposite, her mother's short frame and her father's whole-heartedly average, some would say bland, looks. She still is quite strong, and when you get down to it her body is delightfully lean and muscular, but when you compare it to seven siblings that could have their pick of anyone on the continent, you get to have a bit of a complex. Disatisfied with her lot in life, Vera decided that she wasn't gonna sit around and be the 'subpar' member of the family, and at 14 ran off to Augustana to catch a boat to Absalom . . to become a Pathfinder!

After only a few days of being lost in the massive city that is Absalom, she eventually found representatives of the Grand Lodge and put herself up for initiation. Of course, she was dismissed almost immediately for being a fairly useless kid, but she never gave up. Taking odd jobs to survive, she got herself some tutiledge under a particularly open-minded Venture-Lieutenant, and eventually was allowed to be a Pathfinder Initiate and undergo the necessary training. As of late she was sent to the Magnimar Lodge to complete the final legs of her training, in preparation for her confirmation. Having done fairly well in her studies and training, she was granted time off to visit Sandpoint's Swallowtail festival, while her superiors who were overseeing her training head out to quell some unusual gnoll activity along the Yondabakari River and the Mushfens. Hey, Vera isn't going to look a free vacation in the mouth!

Yeah . . . so I went in a completely different direction. Instead of going HURRDUR SMASH fighter, I went for a bit more of a generalist. Solid sword and board, focusing on shield feats and eventually the usual fighter-specific feats depending on what kinda weapons we find lying around . . but probably basic longswords or something. Gonna have her be miss-tanky-tank for the group (assuming accepted), and if Autocad is fine with prestige classes might eventually go Field Agent to fit into the Pathfinder-in-training theme, and give her some more diversity. I'm hoping that whatever stuff we go through early on will count as enough for a field promotion to be an actual Pathfinder, get her Wayfinder, and stuff.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Grizzly

This thread has caught my attention and I'd like to submit a character if there is still room.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Autocad

First post has been updated with hopefully the final version of the houserules we'll be using.

QuoteThis thread has caught my attention and I'd like to submit a character if there is still room.
Correct me if I missed someone, but so far only Chulanowa and Latooni Subota have submitted character sheets (loving your characters, btw!). Rikka has a concept but character sheet is still pending. This means there is at least one more slot open - if I were you, I would try to fill it ASAP.  ;)

QuoteHere's a question: I know multi-classing normally isn't allowed, but is Prestige Classing once the game gets to that point allowed?
Prestige classes will be allowed.

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Latooni Subota

"I . . I just wanted to be a Pathfinder! Do some exploring . . you know? Report, Explore, Cooperate?  Nobody ever said anything about fighting a lich!"

I look forward to Vera being in over her head.

ChaoticSky

Query, can we take a drawback for another trait? (also, interested!)

Grizzly

Okay, let's see how this all gets put together.  I haven't quite found a picture yet but I am going to keep looking.

Eramis Longstride a young Half-Elven Ranger looking for the sorts of adventures that her Grandfather told her about.

Appearance

Tall with an athletic and muscular build, Eramis cuts an impressive figure.  She inherited her mothers coppery complexion and her fathers delicate elven features, with long auburn hair and deep green eyes. 
Eramis is still awkward as a woman, lacking certain feminine graces.  She neither plays up nor downplays her gender and simply views it as part of the adventure that she is on.   

Background

Eramis is the youngest son of the Berengard family.  He grew up idolizing his Grandfather Verris, a famous Ranger and responsible for much of the Berengard family wealth.  Verris would regale the young Eramis with tales of his adventures, spinning an enthralling yarn as a Bard would.  Inspired by his grandfathers stories, Eramis decided at an early age to become a Ranger.  His father Earen did not share his vocational ideas.  Earen was a merchant rather than an adventurer, preferring to grow the family fortunes through commerce rather than the more dangerous adventuring.

Having many older sons before Eramis, Earen decided that, rather than further divide the family fortunes among another son, Earmis would devote himself to the family deity, Erastil.  Eramis was enrolled in a local seminary and apprenticed to become a priest.  The scholarly pursuits of the Clerical class did not interest him and Eramis decided that if his father would not listen to him and prevent him from becoming a Ranger, then Eramis would take his future into his own hands. 

Eramis being well known to the folk in the town, he came up with a convoluted and probably unnecessarily complicated escape plan.  Her saved up enough money to purchase some basic equipment and an Elixir of Sex Shift, betting that he could sneak away disguised as a peasant girl.  The plan worked and Eramis found himself...or rather herself, outside of the city walls with the vast horizon ahead of her.  That's where the plan fell apart.

Eramis had planned on earning enough gold to purchase another Elixir to change herself back, but work was hard to come by for a Ranger just starting out.  She had to sell her bow and horse at her lowest and she had to take whatever work came her way, from guarding caravans to serving drinks in taverns.  Slowly things started to turn around and she gained more experience.  Hearing about the Festival in Sandpoint, Eramis decided to check it out.  It sounded like fun and maybe she could make some new contacts in that city.

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Autocad

Our intrepid adventuresses are:

rikka: Sybilene
Chulanowa: Teela Mayweather
Latooni Subota: Vera Abbey
Grizzly: Eramis Longstride

OOC thread is up. Post your character sheets in there!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=232464.0

TheGlyphstone

Phooie, just missed this.

Waitlist for dropouts?