Pokemon RP interest check.

Started by Wolfy, April 07, 2012, 10:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

So yeah, why not?

Of course, there are three different possibilities for this roleplay, all a twist on the setting that it takes place in.

Of course, it will be set in a world where pokemon and humans live side by side and co-exist.

Now, where the setting comes in is three different ideas:

1. Pokemon Family RP: We examine the family life of a...family, living in the pokemon world, with each person having their own pokemon partner to help out around the house and such.

2. Pokemon Academy RP: Set in a boarding school style setting, we look at a training academy for pokemon trainers, where they learn about various pokemon as well as have their own to train.

3. Feudal Japan: Taken from Pokemon Conquest, a new game coming out in June, this would be a Pokemon RP...set in Feudal Japan rather than modern day times. o3o So, Samurai, Ninja, Emperors, etc...all set in a pokemon filled world.

Of course, all Trainers/characters must be at least 16, but aside from that, the possibilities are endless! ;D

Silk

I'm interested in number 2 and 3, not so much number 1 :)

Snowe

I'd totally be in for all three.

Not sure how 3 would work though, I mean, most of pokemon is the tech used to maintain and heal pokemon. If that's removed, how would they survive battles o.O
My frozen dairy beverage bringeth all the gentlefolk to the yard and they claim, 'Surely, tis better than thine! Surely, tis better than thine!' I'd instruct you, though I must levy a fee.

Wolfy

Quote from: Snowe on April 07, 2012, 10:47:18 AM
I'd totally be in for all three.

Not sure how 3 would work though, I mean, most of pokemon is the tech used to maintain and heal pokemon. If that's removed, how would they survive battles o.O

It's not about battles in this instance..it's more about working together with them as partners. o3o

You know, you laugh, you cry, you live, and you die....with your pokemon. o3o

Snowe

O..IC.

I shall have a Mr. Mime. *Randomly mimes the Mr Mime, who mimes the mime miming the [Mr] Mime*
My frozen dairy beverage bringeth all the gentlefolk to the yard and they claim, 'Surely, tis better than thine! Surely, tis better than thine!' I'd instruct you, though I must levy a fee.

Wolfy

Indeed...and if we go with Idea 3, you'll only be allowed to have one, maybe two pokemon partners...so you'll have to choose wisely. ;D

Xenolord

They all, actually interest me. More interest in one or two. Three I could do, but, you know. Preferences.

Frank Reshman

I wouldn't mind any of these suggestions.  As long as they're pokemon involved, I'm game.  Hell, I'm still playing Pokemon Red. 

That brings up another thing.  Are we doing all generations?  Or are we cutting it off after a certain generation?

Lusa

I am very, very interested in 2 and 3! I'm looking for my first rp...and this sounds awesome

summoner2183

Looks interesting... I'm intrigued in ideas 2 and 3 actually.

Animegurl5

It's a very interesting idea... I'm leaning more towards Two and Three though, two more than three. :)
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Vaulera

Although not horribly up to date with them pokemons, I have an interest in the second one on the list there.

Urbanzorro

I'm interested as well, leaning towards 2 the most followed by 3 ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ember Star

I am definitely interested in all three ideas!
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Carlissa

Quote3. Feudal Japan: Taken from Pokemon Conquest, a new game coming out in June, this would be a Pokemon RP...set in Feudal Japan rather than modern day times. o3o So, Samurai, Ninja, Emperors, etc...all set in a pokemon filled world.

I have a few questions about this one...

1. Will we be playing as feudal lords and rule our own countries (or whatever feudal lords rule over), or will this just take place in the same setting, where we can have any occupation we want?

2. And if we ARE playing as feudal lords, will we be playing as the actual feudal lords from Nobunaga (which I'm pretty sure were actually feudal lords in real life), or will we be making our own characters?

3. Will this RP have a system to it? If so, what are you planning to use if you deicide to play the 3rd option? WIll it play as the traditional Pokemon games, or will it play by Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition's style?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Would be interested mainly in option 2 but possibly the others as well....

Xaoc

Actually all three ideas sound fun. Color me interested. My only issue would be if we had all... 689? Something stupid high pokemon... It is just a pet peeve of mine.
Hate can motivate one to do the impossible. But love? Love will bring one to do the unthinkable.

Animegurl5

So far I have counted:

5 maybe 6 for idea 1
10 maybe 11 for idea 2 or 3...

Not state the obvious, but I do believe that ideas 2 and 3 are most popular. :) Let's see who breaks the tie. ;)
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lusa

Ahaha, I already have my character ready in case number 2 is the one. So, I'd say I'm more for 2 than 3  ;D

NotCarrot

The second option sounds interesting. Did you have a plot in mind, or is this going to be a more open-ended sandbox kind of thing?
Also using all the generations would be cool, or at least mixing a few of the later gens with gen 1.

Wolfy

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Animegurl5

Xaoc

Sounds fun as hell. So what is next? Tossing around character ideas? Guidelines? I don't know about you all, but my mind is already spinning with ideas.
Hate can motivate one to do the impossible. But love? Love will bring one to do the unthinkable.

Smoothtrooperette

Ah-- Is it too late to show interest in this?  This seems right up my alley.