Seeking female characters for period romance (M lf F)

Started by Becca, May 20, 2018, 10:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

I do not usually play male characters, other than NPCs or secondary characters. However, I have done it from time to time, and it's certainly an interesting creative exercise.

I am interested in historical RPGs with mature topics, complex characters, and realistic struggles. How much actual erotic content the game involves will depend exclusively on what my partner and I decide. I think character development is a must in these kinds of stories, and thus most of these ideas will have a heavy focus on story, turmoil, conflict and relationship dynamics. I am interested in motivations, emotions, thoughts, etc.

So without further ado, here are the settings I would be interested in exploring with my character as the male protagonist.

Vive la revolution!

Turmoil is in the air. The oppressed struggle for their voice to be heard; the students give passionate speeches on the streets. The thinkers, the revolutionaries, can no longer abide the suffering of the poor who sink in despair while the rich enjoy their tea and their opera.

My character would be a student fighting for a revolution he feels is the only way out of the current situation, a passionate young man who is well educated and charismatic enough to flair the emotions of the hungry and the desperate. This could very well be a star-crossed romance between a noblewoman and this student -who might have been a nobleman or the son of a wealthy merchant before leaving it all behind for his beliefs-.

A royal affair
Courtly intrigue, reputations at play, royal engagement, and marriages. Medieval marriages were not secured out of love but out of convenience and politics. A king or prince already wed to a woman he does not love does not cherish, perhaps does not even fancy in the least. And then he meets her. A woman who he is smitten with, yet he knows the temptation is the first step towards sin and ruined reputations, and he decides it's not worth the risk.
I'm looking for an RPG featuring a slow seduction, a romance which takes time to bloom. An affair that won't just begin with the two characters instantly falling in love nor engaging in any sexual act. It will take time; it will focus on turmoil and craving, desire, denial. The heartache of dancing together for merely an instant or two before changing to the next dancing partner, the brief touching of the other's skin, the longing looks.

Of course, eventually the rpg will focus on the torrid, forbidden love affair, the conflict of interests, the guilt or fear of being caught, but those moments before it finally does happen will also be an essential portion of the RPG. Think Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, Eisenheim and Sophie from the Illusionist, Guinevere and Lancelot. Forbidden, risky love.

Regency romance

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

A society governed by appearances and hearsays. Young woman being presented in society to achieve their ultimate goal: be married off to a wealthy suitor who will maintain or enhance the style she has grown used to living. Young men searching for gorgeous young flowers to claim as their own, as it is expected of any bachelor who does not wish to bring upon himself the inevitable gossips being a man of a certain age with mostly male acquaintances to speak of would entail.

Propriety comes before honesty and facades before substance. True love is relegated to the side, wealth and position being considered far better assets to obtain from a marriage. A woman putting her education and intellect before her manners and embroidery is considered an oddity, and wit is considered charming only when it does not outshine a debutante's ability to play the pianoforte and sing as beautifully as a mockingbird.

What occurs when a young woman is far brighter than most the men she meets? When her family's reputation is not proper enough to earn a good standing at court? When she desires to find romance and love, passion and companionship rather than an income to live comfortably off?

For this particular rpg, I would be interested in exploring the romantic entanglements between a young lady and young gentleman of a certain standing during a period deeply marked by reputation and appearances. Women are introduced into society to find a proper husband who will be able to support and care for them for the rest of their lives, and men are to find a proper wife to lead a respectable life in society. Think Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy, Emma and Mr. Knightley.

As far as how the story goes, it would depend greatly on my partner's preferences. One option would be a sort of "Pride and Prejudice" angle. My character being a wealthy and aloof bachelor who has not yet chosen a partner even if his annual income is undoubtedly tempting enough for any good family to fight for him to focus his affections on their daughter.

Another option would be for my character being a poet or writer, not wealthy or particularly famous, but talented enough to have gained the favor of a wealthy socialite who invites him to her soirees and meetings regularly, to entertain the crowds with his poetry. He does not have much to offer other than his quill and adoration, and the woman who will gain his affection would not have her family's approval to wed a struggling artist.

I'm also willing to discuss this story playing the female role if any Lord is interested in this particular story prompt. I'd ALSO be interested in a fun little twist introducing the & zombies to the end of this request, but that's entirely up to the particular preferences of any potential partner ;)

Becca