Looking for some role play or writing during you approval process? Apply within!

Started by ebpohmr, February 06, 2013, 04:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebpohmr

Well the post-serenity firefly game, On the Raggedy Edge is now up! I'll add more details on the ship and story so far later... I've gone with non-canon ship/crew to a) let people go to town with character generation and b) permit a larger ship to allow the coming/going of more characters as new players arrive and older ones depart. That's the plan anyway!

BadForm

Would love to join you, eb, and considered doing so under the auspices that M00se suggested, but I realized I was completely lost in the first paragraph... Miranda? Alliance? Reavers? pre-Unification? The System? Parliament? When 3 sentences seem to be yielding 6 unknown components, you know you're in trouble. Have fun.
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

Wolfling72

Quote from: BadForm on February 07, 2013, 09:06:44 PM
Would love to join you, eb, and considered doing so under the auspices that M00se suggested, but I realized I was completely lost in the first paragraph... Miranda? Alliance? Reavers? pre-Unification? The System? Parliament? When 3 sentences seem to be yielding 6 unknown components, you know you're in trouble. Have fun.

*sighs*

Aww I wish you would come anyway, but I do understand why you would feel a trifle overwhelmed. The premise is beyond canon though mostly because Ebby was trying to make it as accessible as possible for everyone!!

*raises hand*

Eb? Since we aren't using canon characters (Both a BOO and a YAY in one thought) are we going to at least use a few of them as NPC's??

Also, any particular idea on the type of theme we want? Space pirates? *nods, nods, nods*

And I am trying to drag my friend Ivory Tigress over. She loves Firefly too.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

IvoryTigress

Wolfling, you know I will go anywhere you drag me. Sooo Firefly after Serenity....Space Pirates....I'm a serious nerd. I've thought about this for not even give minutes and ideas are spewing out of me. I would be happy to co tribute, if there is still space

Wolfling72

Quote from: IvoryTigress on February 08, 2013, 07:40:36 AM
Wolfling, you know I will go anywhere you drag me. Sooo Firefly after Serenity....Space Pirates....I'm a serious nerd. I've thought about this for not even give minutes and ideas are spewing out of me. I would be happy to co tribute, if there is still space

Eb is going to do it as a drop in/drop out...so it will be constantly revolving/evolving.

gives a VERY happy giggle.

He had started this idea JUST so those waiting on approvals could get involved in some R/p while they wait. I thought it was a great idea and I still do...

Happy dance

Soon as he gets a minute to breathe, we can bombard him with queries concerning crew needed and all the rest of it. Because we are going beyond canon (another excellent idea!!) I am sure character creation will be fun, once we know the limits.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

BadForm

I am so hungry to join this one because it seems like it has a great group of players/writers. I just feel lost though...
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

IvoryTigress

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 08, 2013, 07:58:31 AM
Eb is going to do it as a drop in/drop out...so it will be constantly revolving/evolving.

gives a VERY happy giggle.

He had started this idea JUST so those waiting on approvals could get involved in some R/p while they wait. I thought it was a great idea and I still do...

Happy dance

Soon as he gets a minute to breathe, we can bombard him with queries concerning crew needed and all the rest of it. Because we are going beyond canon (another excellent idea!!) I am sure character creation will be fun, once we know the limits.

Indeed. I already have several directions I could run with a character....but I'm going to sit back and see his vision of the ship and crew first :)

Quote from: BadForm on February 08, 2013, 08:02:55 AM
I am so hungry to join this one because it seems like it has a great group of players/writers. I just feel lost though...

You shouldn't be afraid. The show only ran for one season and can be found just about anywhere. Serenity is the movie they made as a paltry consolation prize to the fans when the canceled the show. Even just watching the movie will give you a fairly good idea of the setting....side bonus? It's a good movie :)

BadForm

Yah but I aint into tv or movies generally... sigh. I'll have a good read of that page he linked to and see what I can do. BTW: I see the IC thread, but where do we post characters?

-----

Wolfling72

Quote from: BadForm on February 08, 2013, 08:02:55 AM

*sighs*

If I bat big brown eyes in your general direction, will ya at least think harder about joining??

*nods*

And I am not sure about where to do initial character set up either...so I will wait to see what Eb says before I hammer out the person I want.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

BadForm

OK I got the very very basics down I think. So I can kind of come up with a character... now I guess we just need guidance on what's allowed and where to stick it. :)

-----

IvoryTigress

Quote from: BadForm on February 08, 2013, 08:41:20 AM
OK I got the very very basics down I think. So I can kind of come up with a character... now I guess we just need guidance on what's allowed and where to stick it. :)

I think it's on the way. We've just started :)

marauder13

Firefly setting based game... My curiosity is up
eb organising/involved... the hook is out
Wolfling & IvoryTiger are involved... baited hook and swallowed

I'm in.

What crew types are needed? If they all be filled, I can take a passenger to make it worth while for the crew.

IvoryTigress

Quote from: marauder13 on February 08, 2013, 09:02:01 AM
Firefly setting based game... My curiosity is up
eb organising/involved... the hook is out
Wolfling & IvoryTiger are involved... baited hook and swallowed

I'm in.

What crew types are needed? If they all be filled, I can take a passenger to make it worth while for the crew.

*Lightly pounces a M13 in greeting...She hasn't spoken with him enough for full fledged tacklepouncehuggles*

I'm not sure eb has gotten that far yet..I have several directions I could take a character...but I'm seriously thinking about calling shot gun on a pilot or a ship raider who can pilot captured ships the crew claims and tries to salvage or re-sell. Tempted but I'm resisting :) I could also tootaallllyyy play a medic

marauder13

Quote from: IvoryTigress on February 08, 2013, 09:11:09 AM
*Lightly pounces a M13 in greeting...She hasn't spoken with him enough for full fledged tacklepouncehuggles*

I'm not sure eb has gotten that far yet..I have several directions I could take a character...but I'm seriously thinking about calling shot gun on a pilot or a ship raider who can pilot captured ships the crew claims and tries to salvage or re-sell. Tempted but I'm resisting :) I could also tootaallllyyy play a medic

is kind of wussy pounced by a Tiger type

You feel I wont like them, or you don't feel comfy enough? From this side, as a friend of Wolfling, and from what's passed between us, I'm fine with full blown tackle hugs, pounces, etc. So, whene'er you're ready.

Hmmm... Meathead, Pilot, maybe Engineer if I feel up to it (all in order of preference)

positions IvoryTiger on a spot, indicating her to stay put, while he walks away, pausing to judge the distance a few times

Alright, now you can do your normal greeting. Cause if you don't, I will.

IvoryTigress

Quote from: marauder13 on February 08, 2013, 09:19:07 AM
is kind of wussy pounced by a Tiger type

You feel I wont like them, or you don't feel comfy enough? From this side, as a friend of Wolfling, and from what's passed between us, I'm fine with full blown tackle hugs, pounces, etc. So, whene'er you're ready.

Hmmm... Meathead, Pilot, maybe Engineer if I feel up to it (all in order of preference)

positions IvoryTiger on a spot, indicating her to stay put, while he walks away, pausing to judge the distance a few times

Alright, now you can do your normal greeting. Cause if you don't, I will.

Mostly because I'm not sure how welcome I am. I never go where I am unwanted.

But yeah. Since I relatively good at coming up with stuff on the fly, I may just wait for people to develop their characters and then fill in any gap in crew, even if a potential character is itching the back of my mind.

Is firmly planted, raising eyebrow until he speaks. She flashes a grin

Ooooo a challenge!

Lowers shoulders into runners stance. Sprints. Lean, lithe fame was strong and fast...tackle-pounce-huggle-leech monkies with arms wrapped around neck

marauder13

Quote from: IvoryTigress on February 08, 2013, 09:25:59 AM
Mostly because I'm not sure how welcome I am. I never go where I am unwanted.

But yeah. Since I relatively good at coming up with stuff on the fly, I may just wait for people to develop their characters and then fill in any gap in crew, even if a potential character is itching the back of my mind.

Is firmly planted, raising eyebrow until he speaks. She flashes a grin

Ooooo a challenge!

Lowers shoulders into runners stance. Sprints. Lean, lithe fame was strong and fast...tackle-pounce-huggle-leech monkies with arms wrapped around neck

rocks under the initial impact, only to slowly roll onto my back in the end.

That's a little better, though your angle of final approach could be better. 6.5 out of 10

gives her a kiss on the cheek

And with that, I am off to get some sleep before it hits 2AM local time.

Byeeeeeee.

IvoryTigress

Quote from: marauder13 on February 08, 2013, 09:44:33 AM
rocks under the initial impact, only to slowly roll onto my back in the end.

That's a little better, though your angle of final approach could be better. 6.5 out of 10

gives her a kiss on the cheek

And with that, I am off to get some sleep before it hits 2AM local time.

Byeeeeeee.

Guess ill have to practice more. 6.5 is totally a D. Which equates to failing in t head lol. Go get some rest :)

ebpohmr

Okay, the Iain has slept and his brain is back up and running! :D

So, before I get into trying to figure out backstory, I figure I had better check - what do you mean by Space Pirates? To make my life easier, comparison to the crew/npc's/events of Firefly/Serenity would definitely be appreciated. Also remember we're looking at PG13 here! If necessary, a more adult-themed game can be made elsewhere for interested full members. ;)

As for the ship, I am currently considering a larger freighter (roughly a crew of 20) than the firefly class, or just making up my own. If you guys did want to go the pirate route, then there are some more options I could put on the table, but I want to see what you guys think first! Character sheets will be posted in this thread and once finalised, will be linked to from the OP of the IC thread. In terms of crew, I will probably play the owner/group leader. That may also be the captain too, but we'll see what happens once a few more things are sorted out.

I am also planning on putting a primer-type spoiler in the OP of the IC thread, covering the basic information on the groups, tech and history of the universe - as well as keeping track of what the story has gotten up to.

Also, for those reading this without an interest in Firefly, please note that this is only the first group game I am opening here. There will be another 2 or 3 games in different genres to follow. I should imagine a vampire/supernatural game (drawing inspiration from VtM) will be available, probably some kind of steampunk/fantasy adventure game (drawing inspiration from FF7 amongst others) will be offered and maybe a superhero game too (drawing inspiration from smallville/batman/spider-man/avengers/watchmen amongst others).

BadForm

Don't you love it when you come up with one idea and players go down the much darker road, eb? You want Firefly and nice guys, they want Space Pirates ("Lowest scum of a yellow sun" as Alice Cooper sang). I had the same thing years ago when I ran a Judge Dredd RP game and had 2 players who wanted to do things like use Stumm Gas (effectively CS gas) on an unarmed civilian and hamstring a perp so he couldn't run... I quickly realized I had to develop a version where they could play perps themselves. ;)

-----

BadForm

Given this has not been added to in over a week now, and that everyone who expressed an interest has since been promoted, should I assume that eb's group roleplays have been abandoned?

-----

Corbin

ebpohmr

Quote from: BadForm on February 17, 2013, 01:01:49 AM
Given this has not been added to in over a week now, and that everyone who expressed an interest has since been promoted, should I assume that eb's group roleplays have been abandoned?

There's plenty of stuff going on behind the scene's via PM's. Also, I've just got back from a 3-day absence.

Quote from: Corbin on February 17, 2013, 02:16:11 AM
Opened this and saw my name in BIG, pink letters. O.o

Hey Corbin. That's the result of using the [you*] tag - without the asterisk.

Corbin

ebpohmr

Quote from: Corbin on February 17, 2013, 03:21:41 AM
I understand that part, just don't understand why. O.o

Oh, because I like to make things personal. Its more friendly that way! ;)

Thesunmaid

Smiles at corbin"I saw that too and i was like whoa! wait a minute how did they know my name? and then i realized it was a bit of code that shows who ever is viewing it and made me not think...are there people watching me?" lol
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few