News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Shadowrun: Learning Curve (F for M)

Started by espendabelle, May 16, 2017, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

espendabelle

I first learned about the Shadowrun universe through the Hairbraned Schemes computer games (Returns, Dragonfall, Hong Kong). I liked what I saw immediately; a combination of Cyberpunk dystopia and sci-fi with high fantasy that was truly unique in my eyes. So I began to explore and look around and try to find out about the world and its people. I've begun to consume media and search out more. At the same time, I've been looking for a chance to role-play in the universe; after all, it was created for a tabletop RPG.

As yet, I am still learning about the universe (Mostly through novels and short fiction), so I will have gaps in my knowledge and not be fully up to par on it. However, I am learning as I go and willing to take more on. With that in mind, I feel that any RP would be something that could start small scale and grow as it went on and as I learn more about the universe. Also while this is a tabletop game based world, I would want this to be a non-system RP.

I'm looking for engaging and well-developed RP that is centred around character, story, world and relationship building. I'm looking for slow-burn, long-term stuff that may not necessarily have a fixed goal or end-point. I don’t want our characters to fall in love on the first page. I don’t want them to be in bed on the first page either, but I need for there to be a genuine attraction between the characters. I am (mostly) looking to play female characters paired with male partners; note that the gender of the player is irrelevant for me. (For more information and a better idea of my preferences, see my ons and offs thread)

Generally I will write about three mid-length paragraphs per post and I expect the same in reply. Likewise, I will try to post several times a week. I don’t need every post to be a novel, but at the same time I want more than just a few broken sentences. I love descriptive text that helps get the reader involved in the scene and the characters and better create the world around it. I am aware that this is a Tabletop RPG universe but I'm not looking for a game with dice rolls and stats, just simple narration.

I am open to ideas; if you have one or are interested in starting something, please PM me and we’ll see what we can work out.

espendabelle

This is just a sample character idea; they could be modified or changed depending on the needs of the story.

-----

Background: Kara (Shrike when working) was born in in a Barrens district to SINless parents. Not blessed with any magical talent or other unusual traits, she sought to find whatever way out of her apparently dead-end life that she could. At first she fell in with a gang, where she showed talents for gunplay, hand to hand combat and bike racing. But as much of a rush as it seemed to be at first, she could tell that it was only leading in the same direction as before; violence, drugs, poverty and early death.

So instead she scrimped and saved, running jobs for the gang and doing other things that she was less then proud of. All of which was to one end; turning pro, becoming a Shadowrunner and hitting the big time. To do that, however, she needed something more then just being good with a gun or a knife; she needed to be wired, to become more then human. All that money was blown in one go, put into augmenting her body. Two new arms, wired reflexes, cyber-razors and so much more. She’d become a superhuman killing machine. She was a Shadowrunner, an elite criminal for hire; so much more then she had been before.

And all it cost was a portion of her soul.

Character Goals: Kara’s goals are to make a comfortable life for herself; not just to be ‘doing okay’ but to instead retire into luxury and be able to live well, as far removed as possible from her wretched street upbringing. And she’s not afraid to get herself bloody in order to do it. She’s known poverty and deprivation and the cruelty that comes with it, and will do anything rather then go back to it. But her fantasy of an ideal life does not include the harsh reality of what she will have to do to get there.

espendabelle