An Emporium of Trifles [m/m and m/enby requests]

Started by Observing Trifles, August 31, 2018, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Observing Trifles

Please do not post in this thread. Instead, PM with any inquiries. Thank you!

I. The Basics
A summary of my writing style and preferences.

II. Pairings
Work in progress.

III. Kinks
Self-explanatory.

IV.  Prompts
A place for more fully-formed plots and ideas.

V. Characters
Brief summaries of my favorite boys. Inquire for more details.

|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Observing Trifles

About Trifles: Thirty-one years old, EST, shy but available for plotting. Willing to write on forums or Discord servers. PM for my Discord tag.

Pairings: I write stories involving m/m or m/enby pairings. At this time, I am not interested in m/f or f/f pairings for main characters, but such pairings for NPCs are more than acceptable.

Genres: The genres I most enjoy include, in order of preference - modern fantasy, supernatural, and horror.. Historical is a possibility, provided we are a bit loose with accuracy, as I am not an expert in any particular period. I'm less interested in slice-of-life, but I can be convinced with the right idea. If you're interested in the specifics, I fall most in love with fantastic, whimsical universes featuring figures and monsters of myth and folklore (think of Neil Gaiman, Andrzej Sapkowski, Guillermo del Toro, et al). I would strongly encourage the inclusion of romantic elements, but I prefer slow burns that are self-contained and not necessarily the focal points.

Post Length: I average four paragraphs with approximately ~400 words per post, and I would prefer something similar from my writing partners. I do, however, put an emphasis on quality over quantity, so I'll happily take two concise, tidy paragraphs over four paragraphs of meaningless fluff.

Response Rate: For the most part, I can promise to try and deliver an average of 2-3 posts per week, depending on my schedule. The majority of my posts will go out on Tuesday/Wednesday, or in the evenings. I have a full-time job, so while I may be online for chatting or general socializing, I might not always have the energy to write or respond to lengthy messages. Please be respectful of that. I'm happy to extend the same courtesy. I'm guilty of sometimes forgetting to let my writing partners know I need a break, so if you haven't heard from me in a week, feel free to send a message my way.

Sexual Dynamics: I write all sorts, but I greatly prefer pairings that include switches and variants of the "traditional" top/bottom dynamic (power bottoms, submissive tops, etc). This might be where I lose most of you, but if you come to me saying you "only write subs/bottoms," I'm likely to decline. I don't mind writing characters who top, but I've had far too many experiences where "I only write subs" means "I will only react and not contribute." BDSM play is welcome, but I'd prefer not to write stories that utilize strict D/s lifestyles. I enjoy reading about them, I'm simply not very good at writing them. Please feel free to ask if you need any clarification on these matters.

Sexual Content: All of my stories will involve smut to varying degrees. I enjoy writing adult content. I have very few limits regarding what I will and will not include, and I have been known to write stories involving fairly extreme content (note: nothing that violates site rules). Furthermore, I don't mind smut-heavy stories. That said, none of this means that I must have an ultra-kinky story or sex on every page in order to enjoy myself. Lighter fare is just as nice. I'm flexible on the ratios with which we include sexual elements, provided we discuss our expectations beforehand. I haven't yet made a "complete" list of sexual acts that I find acceptable in my stories, but I'm happy to discuss this privately.

A Note: If none of the following prompts/concepts/pairings appeal but you believe we're compatible writing partners, feel free to reach out with your own ideas.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

II.

power bottom/service top

tall glamorous bottom/short chaotic top

delicate femme/beastly masc

femme Dom/masc sub

younger Dom/older sub

artificial intelligence/human

angel/demon

beast/humanoid

bookish/not-bookish

detective/gangster

goth/not-goth

hero/villain

hunter/hunted

married/single

nobleman/guard

older/younger

stripper/client

twin/twin

upstairs/downstairs

villain/underling

hazbin hotel/helluva boss

star wars

hannibal

the sandman

lovecraft mythos

american gods

carnival row

(if you dare)
I have a significant interest in stories involving pairings of human(oids) and beasts.
Examples of the creatures I'm most interested in include wolves, lizardmen, naga, dragons, among many others.
Basically just give me a brutish, nasty, snarling creature opposite a pretty human(oid) and I'll jump at the opportunity.

Side Note: I'm rubbish at playing beasts myself, so such roles will fall to my writing partners.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Summary: There are very few things smut/kink-related to which I'll say no. Very, very few. While I'm perfectly fine with leaving things in vanilla territory, my tastes can and do lean toward the extreme. With the exception of things involving watersports, feet, and outright rape (dub-con is okay, provided we discuss it), please assume I'm into it. But for the sake of clarity, below you'll find a list of things that I'm especially into.

blood play

edging

choking/breath control

power-bottoming

Enthusiastic consent

throat-fucking

age differences

whipping/flogging
D/s dynamics

face-slapping

pain play

hair-pulling

exotic cocks

sounding/urethra play

incest

light degradation/humiliation
gangbangs

multiple penetrations

monster-fucking

public sex

bondage

erotic attire

object insertions

drug use
sexual exhaustion

clothed sex

adultery

sex toys

excessive cum

cuntboys

height differences

knotting

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

IV.

I. Orbis Obscura
|| modern fantasy ||

"Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash."
Among other things, Drae is a spirit trapper and monster hunter living in the French Quarter of New Orleans. When he's not busy hunting ghouls and banishing ghosts, he can be found in a dusty little shop just off Jackson Square, where he sells various trinkets and baubles and antiques as a means of explaining his income to the IRS.

He doesn't have much of a personal life, which is largely by design. While not malicious by nature, he is a spider demon, a solitary creature whose dominant traits render him ornery, cantankerous, defensive, and often dismissive of others. That said, he has a fairly tight inner circle of people for whom he'd lay down his life without a second thought - though he'd rather keep that to himself.

Who he meets is entirely up to you. Maybe another hunter, maybe a local witch, maybe an innocent bystander. Perhaps a creature of magical biology he was sent to vanquish, only to opt out for moral reasons. Whoever this person is, they've got eyes for Drae, and Drae intends to fight them every step of the way.

II. The Other Half of Me
|| victorian || gothic romance || twincest ||

"There's a darkness at the heart of my love that runs cold, runs deep."
          "He was away for so long. At first, I counted the days, but as weeks turned to months and months to years, I admit that I lost track. His absence left me with a crushing void, one unfillable by even the best of company. My brother, my twin, the other half of me - gone. When his weekly letters ceased to arrive, it left me inconsolable, pervasive thoughts of worst-case scenarios passing unbidden through my mind.

"The night he returned, without a single word of notice, was perhaps the happiest of my life. Given how easily we returned to old habits, it was as if, for us, not a moment of time had passed since his departure. He was home. We were happy.

"Despite my elation at having my twin returned to me, I would be remiss to ignore the fact that he returned to me wrong. He sleeps until ungodly hours of the day. I can never seem to catch him eating, but he is more robust now than he ever was. Where he goes every other night, I have no earthly idea, but when he comes home, it is with an energy that I can scarcely hope to match.

"My brother has always been the charmer between us, but of late, his gaze is not unlike that of a predator. He speaks to me as though he means to court me. He looks at me as though he means to devour me. He frightens me, but I can deny him nothing - and part of me doesn't want to
."

I'm looking for someone to play the newly returned brother. The circumstances of his departure and what he endured are entirely up for discussion, though I do have an idea or two involving either vampires, Lovecraftian cults, or both. Either way, buckle up, because we're getting into some horror territory.

The gender identity/expression of my character is up for discussion as well. He can be male and strictly male-presenting, if you prefer. I do have a fondness for characters who are biologically male and feminine-presenting, as well as characters who are non-binary and either feminine-presenting or androgynous. Please let me know your preferences.

III. Upgrade
|| cyberpunk || action ||

"I'm another unperson, you created this mess."
Burdened with significant debts, Cian Kavanagh entered an agreement with Vessel Computers, a tech company highly renowned for its advancements in robotics and mechanical body augmentations. In exchange for the elimination of his debts, he consented to the installation of various biomechanical prototypes and the understanding that upon his passing, his body would become company property. That day came sooner than expected when, following a horrific car wreck, Cian was taken to the city hospital and pronounced brain-dead.

Shortly thereafter, Cian's body was taken to Vessel, fitted with a STEM implant that restored brain and motor functions. The implant replaced the host's consciousness with an advanced AI, fitted with data previously collected from Cian's memories to boost its sentience. Under Vessel's care, the AI - dubbed August - received intensive training to perfectly mimic human behavior, after which he was gradually introduced to the outside world.

Unknown to August, who was regularly promised complete liberation from the facility, he was but one of the numerous human-AI specimens created under Project Gregorian, a controversial experiment to develop the perfect super soldier. Though largely successful with the implants, Vessel had yet to learn how to stifle STEM's hunger for independence, a problem first encountered by its creator, who died at the hands of his first subject. To this end, Vessel scientists needed first to develop August's sentience, as to better learn how to subjugate STEM. What Vessel didn't count on was August learning of March and April, earlier specimens in Project Gregorian who learned of their intended fates and fled their creators. Armed with this knowledge, August learned to override his monitoring software and went rogue.

Now living on the run, August has made a career as an underground hacker. Though he dabbles in petty black market dealings, he makes his real money in biohacking, working around and enhancing more "traditional" mechanical body mods for off-label purposes.

August is still learning what it is to be human (cue the existential crisis). He is highly sentient, but emotion is a very new concept to him, and he tends to observe human culture as one might observe an ant farm - from the outside looking in. Ideally, I would like to see him paired with someone with whom he can develop a personal and romantic attachment, preferably someone plugged in to the body mod culture. He could be a scientist, mechanic, technician, etc. Alternatively, he could be another highly skilled hacker in need of August's unique skill set.

Side note, due to the circumstances of August's creation, he could easily play hero or villain.

IV. Curiosities
|| modern/victorian || unlikely romance || mystery ||

"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect."
Oliver Weisz is a dealer of antique, often rare books and specialty items of interest to avid bibliophiles. His manner is reserved, curious, and appropriately bookish. More often than not, he prefers his own company and that of his books to that of other people. Books listen, they bequeath knowledge, and above all, they don't talk. His is a mundane existence, marked only by the occasional arrival of a new shipment or the promise of an estate sale, or the thrill he gets from devouring a new mystery novel. Mundane is good. It's safe. It's predictable.

Safe and predictable go right out the door when a murder takes place in his building, throwing him into the center of a good, old-fashioned mystery, complete with a bristly detective whose presence throws Oliver's world into disarray, and with whom he shares unlikely but intense chemistry. It's definitely not appropriate for them to date while the case is ongoing, he knows that, but he's always had eyes for men in uniform. Making matters worse is his knack for sleuthing, a talent that the professionals wish he'd keep to himself. But it's hard not to get involved when the victim is someone Oliver knows - and when the evidence starts to point at him.

V. Vanitas Vanitatum
|| near-future || fantasy || conflict ||

"I'm the bad guy, duh."
In the latter half of the 21st century, the world has seen the rise of EOs - ExtraOrdinaries, individuals with superhuman abilities ranging from the mundane to the extreme. Owing to a widespread sense of caution for their kind, known EOs are documented on a government registry and monitored on numbered scales that vary based on their classes. A select few find their niche in law enforcement and operate as heroes under various aliases, though most choose not to disclose their status and prefer to live quietly among civilians.

Most EOs are the result of genetic mutations and show signs of unique abilities at the onset of adolescence. Others, dubbed LSEOs - late-stage EOs - are the result of near-death experiences, their abilities triggered by a rush of immense pain, extreme fear, and a fierce survival instinct. Such instances are rare and largely undocumented, owing to a general lack of understanding regarding their creation.

In a dense metropolis, Shiloh Rothschild an undocumented LSEO whose path has long since taken a darker turn. Among the city's many heroes, he is one of its few known villains. Operating under the moniker Obsidian, he is the de facto ringleader of a fast-growing crime syndicate, having usurped his mentor and staked a claim on the expanding operation. He has little need and even less care for material wealth, driven instead by a violent disdain for EO oppression and an innate fondness for chaos.

Shiloh's business runs like clockwork until that day. The day when a long-awaited shipment that would cement his new business partnership is reduced to cinders, leaving him to deal with the mess. And who was to blame? A hero new to the scene and looking to make his mark? Or a rival with equally villainous tendencies and eyes for Shiloh's territory?[/font]

VI. Beyond the Rising Suns
|| space western || adventure || star wars (OCs only)

"You've got skeletons in your closet and I've got bones to pick with them."
6 ABY

Bounty hunting is a complicated profession - particularly when multiple hunters are after the same bounty.

Lyrr Kortu is a native of Corellia who, like many of his people, showed promise as an ace pilot and engineer. These skills would serve him well later in life, beginning in his youth when he was driven from his homeland following the occupation of the Galactic Empire. Coming of age during the Imperial Era hardened him to much of the world, instilling within him a paper-thin line between the concepts of right and wrong, which eased the transition between his status as a dirt-poor engineer to a highly skilled mercenary.

A brief stint on Tatooine brought Lyrr into the employ of the Hutt clan, and after he found a better selling price for an asset intended for his employers, the betrayal quickly saw him out. This event landed him on the Hutts' hit list, though upon exiting the Outer Rim, he remained largely in the clear. Indeed, Lyrr had no intention of returning to the desert planet, subsequently assuming a new identity to make a tidy living in the Bounty Hunters' Guild.

It's business as usual until he is offered his next puck, a bounty that promises a considerable sum at the risk of returning to Tatooine. But with the Hutt empire waning in the wake of Jabba's death two years prior, he deems it a safe enough venture and accepts the bounty, taking off in his starship Stormhaven to complete the job. It's during the acquisition that he crosses paths with a rogue mercenary, one without any official ties to the Guild and eyes for the bounty Lyrr has come to collect. The subsequent struggle causes their mutual prey to escape and puts Lyrr in a precarious situation, for the rogue knows of Lyrr's betrayal of the Hutts and true identity, information that could see him ejected from the Guild.

Backed into a corner, Lyrr has little recourse but to partner with the rogue to reacquire the catch and split the profit - unless he can get his blackmailer on the receiving end of a blaster.

Ideally, I'd like these two to find some common ground and hit it off. Their dynamic would be a tumultuous one, at least to begin with, that evolves into a semi-stable working partnership and eventually an unlikely romantic relationship. Drama, adventure, and the potential of betrayal will be solid factors in driving the plot forward. Eventual smut is a given, but I'd like this to be story-driven. The rogue character's personality, appearance, and motives are entirely up to you.

VII. Paranormal Hunters

|| supernatural shenanigans || historical ||

"While you sleep in earthly delight, someone's flesh is rotting tonight."
Quinlan Marleigh is an undertaker in Victorian England - a convenient occupation, given his nature as a ghoul who subsides on human flesh. In the great scheme of things, he is a rather sophisticated ghoul, one who has retained sentience and sanity. A rarity among his kind. When there's an outbreak of rabid ghouls and other inhuman beasties, he's roped into the service of Scotland Yard, aiding a lesser-known department that handles matters pertaining to the supernatural. (Think of Hellboy in the 1800s.)
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Draenai

modern new orleans

shopkeeper/monster hunter
spider demon
antisocial

Dr. Mikkel Ostergaard

modern (negotiable)

surgeon
serial killer
refined

Quinlan Marleigh

historical (negotiable)

funeral director
ghoul (no, an actual ghoul)
eccentric

Shiloh Rothschild

near-future

gangster
superhuman
unhinged

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Updated with Beyond the Rising Suns. Primarily focused on finding a writing partner for that one, but tentatively open to other ideas.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Tentatively seeking. Looking to get back into the swing of things.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Finding my way back after hiatus. Let's write somethin'.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Still getting caught up, but reopening this thread for one or two new partners. Added Hazbin Hotel to fandoms I'm willing to write in.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Added potential plot seedlings to the Hazbin Hotel fandom request and additional pairings.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Big overhaul. Added new plots that interest me, removed plots that don't. Added lists for kinks, pairings, fandoms, and dynamics that I'm currently into. Tentatively open for one or two more new stories.
|| the hunt ||

Observing Trifles

Random bump, tentatively seeking one or two more partners.
|| the hunt ||