Interest Check [Pathfinder -Skull & Shackles]: Casting Complete.

Started by Callie Del Noire, July 10, 2012, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 10:04:55 PM
Spell-like ability replaces Adaptable and Multi-talented racial traits. I would like to take the spell like ability instead of the other two, but I'm not sure how to select the spell ike effect or what would be acceptible. A level 1 spell? something else? Is it restricted to wizard like spells, or can it be clerical/druidic?

What book does that racial trait comes from?

Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 10:16:25 PM
No idea. It's on the Pathfinder OGC site under the Half-Elf racial stuff

It's here:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-elf

I don't see a Spell-like ability.. I see DROW Magic... but I see no racial trait for 'Spell like ability'.

Blinkin

Ok, why didn't that register? Nevermind, it's out-of-bounds. Sorry for the confusion.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 11, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Ok, why didn't that register? Nevermind, it's out-of-bounds. Sorry for the confusion.

You can be Drow-Descended, BUT you will be taking the spells Drow Magic gives..not choosing them (and remember Drow Descended half-elves get light blindness too)

Blinkin

Nah, I'm not that interested in it. The disadvantages outweight any real benefits. The vision issues would not be good on the decks of a ship.

Anyway, I'm down to selecting equipment, so I should have a draft up tomorrow.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Looks like arcane caster falls to me.  :)  Yay! 

Let's see... 

Evoker wizard, maybe?  Or some sort of sorceress? 

*nods*  I know. 

A nerdy girl studdying magic and history, curious about cyclops ruins because of their reputed divinatory abilities. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Isengrad

Here we go, My Gunslinger(Buccaneer) Jacob howl , I used the heart of the sea Racial variant. I would post a back story now, but it is late and my mind has decided to stop working. If you have any problems let me know and i can change it.

original artwork by karabiner

Muse

Do we start with our usual starting gear?  Or have the pirates reapropriated it? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Ionnia Tivalt, daughter of Vors Tivalt, graduate of the Arcanamirium

Chaotic Neutral (Good tendencies)
Human (Taldan) Female
Homeland:  Absalom
Wizard (Evoker) 1

Height:  5’3” 
Weight:  125lbs

Strength      12   +1
Dexterity      12   +1
Constitution      12   +1
Intelligence      20   +5
Wisdom      10   +0
Charisma      12   +1

HP   8

Armor Class      11

Base Attack +0
Melee      +1
Missile   +1
CMB      +1
CMD      12

Weapons: 
Masterwork Quarterstaff (arcane bond). 
--TAB   +2
--Damage   d6+1
--Critical   20X2

Class Abilities:
Arcane Bond
Cantrips
Intense Spells
Force Missiles 8/Day
Scribe Scroll
Spellcasting

Feats: 
Cosmopolitan: Bluff and Diplomacy
Fast Learner

Languages: 
--Aquan
--Azlanti
--Common (Taldan)
--Cyclops
--Draconic
--Elven
--Giant
--Gnome
--Sylvan

Skills: 
Appraise         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Bluff            1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Diplomacy         1 +3 +1   =d20+5
Linguistics         1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: Arcana   1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: Geography   1 +3 +5   =d20+9
Knowledge: History   1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Knowledge: Local      1 +3 +5 +1   =d20+10
Spellcraft         1 +3 +5   =d20+9

Traits: 
Ancient Explorer
You are a student of the ancient history of Golarion, and you've come to the Shackles to explore the crumbling and vine-choked ruins of the cyclops empire of Ghol-Gan, which have lain abandoned among the isles of the Shackles for thousands of years.
You went to a tavern called the Formidably Maid in Port Peril last night to meet a contact who supposedly had an old map of lost cyclops ruins to sell, but the drink was stronger than you had expected and you passed out before making the deal.
Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge(history) and Knowledge (local) checks, and one of these skills is a class skill for you. In addition, you gain Cyclops or Polyglot as a bonus language.
Focused Mind
Your childhood was either dominated by lessons of some sort (whether musical, academic, or other) or by a horrible home life that encouraged your ability to block out distractions and focus on the immediate task at hand.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on concentration checks.

Spellcasting: 
--Barred Schools:  Enchantment, Illusion
--Concentration:  +8

Spells: 
L 1  DC 16
E.  Ear Piercing Scream
1.  Endure Elements
2.  Mage Armor
3.  Unseen Servant

L 0  DC 15
E.  Ray of frost
1.  Detect Magic
2.  Mending
3.  Prestidigitation

Spellbook: 
--Crafter’s Fortune, *Ear Piercing Scream, Endure Elements, *Floating Disk, Identify, Mage Armor, Touch of the Sea, Unseen Servant,

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Muse on July 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM
Do we start with our usual starting gear?  Or have the pirates reapropriated it?

You guys are all press ganged.. so yeah.. (aside from one item: light weapon, holy symbol, spell components pouch) you're without your gear at the beginning of the game BUT you can get your stuff back. (through sneakery, bluff, diplomacy, 'favors' and such)

Blinkin

When you say "light" weapon, do you mean a weapon that falls into the "light" catagory?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on July 12, 2012, 09:23:50 AM
When you say "light" weapon, do you mean a weapon that falls into the "light" catagory?

Yeah..that or something small.

Callie Del Noire

So Blinkin.. is that Rogue(Swashbuckler) or Fighter(Swashbuckler)?

We got, so far:

-Oracle
-Wizard(Evoker)
-Fighter(Swashbuckler)?
- ?? Gunslinger ??
- <anyone?>

vin26m

Here's a draft of my character.  I'll finish it up later, but feel free to add comments, Callie (or anyone).

Full Name       Beriana Brown

Race            Half-Orc

Classes/Level   Monk / 1st   

Favored Class   Barbarian (not monk)

Gender          Male   

Size            Medium   

Age             18 years old   

Alignment       Lawful Neutral   

Languages       Common   

Strength        18 (+4)   

Dexterity       14 (+2)   

Constitution    12 (+1)

Intelligence    12 (+1)

Wisdom          16 (+3)   

Charisma         7 (-2)

Story:

About 20 years ago, a human bard named Briana Brown was a passenger on a ship carrying valuable cargo.  An orc Free Captain and his crew took the ship, killed all crew and passengers she was carrying aboard, plundered her cargo and sank her.

The last survivor to be brought up to the deck was Briana, a woman of charm and surpassing beauty who was showing no sign of fear.  None of the crew wanted to execute her, so lots were drawn and the task fell to the captain.  He set up a plank across the ship, and had her walk along it, which she did with graceful composure.  With tears in her eyes, she made her peace and accepted that she would meet her maker.  The plank tipped and she fell into the sea.

Overcome with sorrow, the orc Free Captain triggered his barbarian rage and dove in after her.  He managed to save her, and the crew pulled them back onto the ship.

The captain kept her as a captive, but eventually the two fell in love and she had a child.  The captain named his half-orc son Beriana, a typical female elf name.  He brought his wife and son to land, gave them enough gold to live on, and went back to the ship, never to be heard from or seen again.

Growing up, Beriana was mocked, ridiculed and bullied for his orc features, feminine elven name, and his surname.  He constantly got into trouble for picking fights and acted out through theft.  Unable to control Beriana, his mother sent him to a monk temple, where he learned discipline, self-control, fighting, and avoiding a fight.

He is now on a quest to find his father as well as come to terms with his orc nature.

He has laid with many women as a way of proving his masculinity, usually by protecting them from harm but occasionally by scaring them into submission.  He was pursuing a sexy, flirtatious corsair and experiencing a whirlwind night of booze and romance, but found himself beaten senseless and stuffed in a sack, carried off to who knows where.

Personality:

(to be filled in later)

Mechanics Breakdown:

Attributes:

25 point buy

STR 18: 16 [Purchase cost of 10] + 2 [Racial]
DEX 14: 14 [Purchase cost of 5]
CON 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
INT 12: 12 [Purchase cost of 2]
WIS 16: 16 [Purchase cost of 10]
CHA  7:  7 [Purchase cost of -4]

HP 10: 1d8/level [Monk] + [CON]*Level + [Favored Class]*Level = 8+1+0 = 9

AC: 10 [Base] + 2 [DEX] + 3 [WIS] = 14

CMD:

Saves:

Fortitude 3: 2 [Monk] + 1 [CON] = 3
Reflex    4: 2 [Monk] + 2 [DEX] = 4
Will      5: 2 [Monk] + 3 [WIS] = 5

Initiative 2: 2 [Dex]

Combat Bonus:

# of skill ranks per level = 5: 4 [Monk] +1 [INT]

Skill ranks 5: 4 [Monk] + 1 [INT]

Acrobatics +6          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +2 [DEX]
Intimidate +9          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] -2 [CHA] +4 [Feat, STR] +2 [Racial] +1 [Trait]
Perception +7          : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS]
Profession (Sailor) +4 : 0 [Ranks] +0 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS] +1 [Trait]
Sense Motive +7        : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill] +3 [WIS]
Sleight of Hand +7     : 1 [Ranks] +3 [Class Skill, Trait] +2 [DEX] +1 [Trait]

Feats:

Intimidating Prowess [Level 1] (Add Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

Class Features:

AC Bonus

Bonus Feat: Improved Grapple (You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapply combat manuever.  In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple a foe.  You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Manuever Defense whenever an opponent tries to grapple you.)

Flurry of Blows

Stunning Fist

Unarmed Strike

Traits:

Buccaneers' Blood [+1 trait bonus on Intimidate and Profession (Sailor).  From Skull and Shackles Campaign Traits.]

Child of the Streets [+1 trait bonus on Sleight of Hand checks, and Sleight of Hand is always a class skill.  From Basic Traits: Social Traits.]

Interesting link about pirate crews:

http://www.brethrenofthegreatlakes.com/forum/index.php?topic=72.0

Blinkin

At the moment, it's a fighter, but if you need a rogue, I can try to track down the rogue version and convert. I always expect to see someone else playing the rogue types so I don't set out to.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

vin26m

His lawful days will probably be over as a pirate (although he would be interested in pirate code and stuff) and he will embrace his barbarian rage while retaining the monk abilities he currently has.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 12, 2012, 09:15:45 AM
You guys are all press ganged.. so yeah.. (aside from one item: light weapon, holy symbol, spell components pouch) you're without your gear at the beginning of the game BUT you can get your stuff back. (through sneakery, bluff, diplomacy, 'favors' and such)
Does that include my alchemist's kit?  It's basically my spell components pouch.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: apostateCourier on July 12, 2012, 10:43:18 AM
Does that include my alchemist's kit?  It's basically my spell components pouch.

You WILL get a chance to bluff/diplomacy/favors your way back to your gear. (Just don't get caught)

A lot of the first part of the game is learning the ropes of being a swabbie/rigger/cooks mate on the ship. Then there is pirating.. and eventually more.

Eventually the players will be working on building up Plunder and Infamy (important stats) but you start out on the bottom of the pile. The FNGs

Isengrad

Class: Gunslinger(buccaneer)

History:

"One more drink, aye.." said Jacob, his hand lazily raised to call the bar wench over. When she arrived he drunkenly clapped the poor serving wench on the ass after she filled his cup  and pulled her into his lap just to make her struggle free from his grasp. That action alone brought the cheers of a few more drunken sailors that were seated around the Formidably Maid.  Laughing he brought his mug to his lips once more and proceed to drain half the glass in that one gulp. Almost slamming it back on the table he turned those striking eyes, one brown and  one blue, towards the man sitting across from him. Who just so happened to be the one paying for his drinks.

"Now, where were we?" he said, his train of thought lost for a moment. ".. ah yes, Ye asked 'bout my past did ye not.  I can'ne say much before the wreck, time and the drink robbed  me of what little mind I had to begin with." he said, a brief flicker of a memory stirring behind the haze of alcohol that clouded his eyes.. another draw from his mug put out that light."The  bastard that found was the cap'ain of a private merchant ship. Cold hearted sonova bitch that man was,used me like his own personal slave. Beat me if I didne' do a good enough job, or  if he just felt like it. Only when I really screwed up did he pull out the knife, only screwed up twice like that.... here" his finger traced the scar over his right eye"..an' here.." he said, finger  tracing over the one on his left cheek. His thoughts wavered  for a moment, a pain swirling behind his eyes again.. only to be drowned by the rest of his drink. He raised his cup once more  for the serving wench.

Once his mug was once again nice and heavy with that liquid gold did he continue on with his story."Course, woulda' had more chances to disappoint that Bastard had we not been  attacked on our way back from a very profitable trade. Can'ne remember a lot of details, but I remember finding Jessie.." he leaned back enough to pull a battered old pistol from its  holster and slap it down on the table. "... that shitty ole' pistol saved me life. Found it stuffed under an old bag of grain, must have been the cooks or something.Managed to make it past  most of the fighting to get to a dingy, only problem was one of the pirates was there.. I don'ne even remember pulling the trigger but a loud bang and a puff of smoke and the bastard  crumpled at my feet." he took another swig of his ale before he re holstered Jessie "Anyway, I managed to lower it down and drifted fro a few days before i washed up near a port. Was able to find work helping some engineer's.. learned a few things but never felt at home. Eventually I managed to barter passage to a few ports either by coin or service on the ship until i wound up here. I don'ne know what i'm even looking for, but heres to the search.. and a kind man that willing to spend some coin on a strangers drinks" he raised his glass in toast to the man across from him before he threw it back, the next time the mug hit the table the gunslingers head was not far behind it.

*Link to character sheet

original artwork by karabiner

Blinkin

Name: Lantis Everleaf         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf               Sex: Male
Class: Swashbuckler         Favored Class: Rogue
Level: 1         EXP: 0         Next Level:
Alignment: Neutral Good

Physical Description:

Lantis, standing at an impressive 6 feet, is a ruggedly handsome figure of a man with long, slightly curly chestnut hair that frames a tanned, strong-jawed face. His features are dominated by deep, dark blue eyes and lips that always seems on the verge of curling with some secret mirth. Well toned muscular limbs accentuate his lean figure. He moves with a dancers grace and a deliberate, determined pace. He is most often found in loose, comfortable tunics with well fitted leather breaches tucked into thigh high, turned down boots.

Personality:

Lantis is a man who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching him. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse his every breath and he firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people enoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, he is as much at home in a crowded tavern brawl as on the shifting decks of a ship with her sails full.

Background:

Yet to be written

Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +1 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep)

Base speed: 30ft
Base Attack:+ 4
Base Damage: +1
Init: +4

AC: 19
Flatfooted: 15
Touch: 14
Situational:
HP: 13

Class Skills:
8 Acrobatics (dex)
6 Appraise (Int)
7 Bluff (CHR)
5 Climb (Str)
8Disable Device (Dex)
6 Linguistic (Int)
8 Perception Keen Senses +2)
6 Profession (Sailor)
8 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
8 Stealth (Dex)
5 Swim (Str)

Languages: Common, elven, Orc, Giant and Polygot

Feats:
Skill Focus )Bluff)
Toughness
Sneak attack (1d6)
Weapon Finesse (Combat Trick)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip)(Combat Trick)
Martial Weapon (longsword)

Racial/class traits
Keen Senses (+2 to perception)ill)
Lowlight vision (
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Multi-talented (begins with two favored classes and may take +1 HP or 1 skill rank if chosen)
Besmara’s Blessing (+1 to perception and Prof (sailor) and may reroll prof (sailor) once per week, taking better roll)
Prehensile Whip (Can use a whip like a rope w/ grappling hook)

Currency: 17 gp, 9 sp, 7 cp

Equipment:
Rapier: Dam: 1D6, Crit: 18-20 x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 20 gp
Dagger: Dam: 1d4, Crit: 19, 20 x2, Weight: 1 lbs, Cost: 2 gp
Whip, Bull: Dam: 1d3 (NL), Crit: x2, Weight: 2 lbs, Cost: 1gp
Studded Leather: AC: +3, Max Dex: +5, Skill Pen: -1, SF: 15%, Weight: 20 lbs
Weapon/Armor weight: 2 lbs

Backpack, Masterworked): 2 lbs, 50 gp
Blanket, Common(x2): 2 lbs, 4 sp
Clothing, Artisans outfit: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Clothing, Explorers outfit: 8 lbs, 0gp
Flint and steel: Neg, 1 gp
Rations (x7): 3.5 lbs, 35 sp
Hammock: 1sp, 3 lbs
Pommel, Holow: neg, 10 gp
Pouch, belt (x2): 1 lb, 2 gp
String/twine (50 ft): .5 lbs, 1 cp
Tools, Thieves: 1 lbs   30 gp
Waterskin: 4 lbs, 1 gp
Wetstone: 1 lb, 2cp
Backpack weight: 30 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

apostateCourier

Ugh, I'm sorry for the massive number of edits on my character sheet, but I'm trying to get the character just the way I want it before play begins <_<;;  Also, I'm liking the way the group's coming together =)

Callie Del Noire

Blinkin

Question... is a shield a martial weapon for the purposes of getting a shield proficiency, or do you have to take the feat?

There's a couple of little mistakes on the rogue character side, which I'm giving real consideration to using, but the swashbuckler type gets a free martial weapon prof in addition to the rogue's regular ones, but no shield... so... I need to figure out how to get that fixed.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.