Caravanserai [Events]

Started by Flower, July 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit Cat

Name: Kinsey O’Malley
Date | Time: June 6th || 6:15pm
Wearing: As pictured with this mask.
Tagging:Open.

It didn’t need a detective to note the resentment evident in the guys voice as he passed comment on Becky; it was palpable. Even so, his quick exit so soon after me making his acquaintance was a little surprising, though I knew I could be overbearing sometimes.

“Well, I guess that explains why the last girl tanked a load of booze, than ran out crying,” I murmured in wry bemusement, as I watched him walking away. "Still, the night is still young.”

Knocking back the champagne, I lifted the cocktail off the bar and lifted it up to the light, so I could examine it, then spoke in my best Humphrey Bogart.

“Looks like it’s just you and me, sweetheart.”

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 7:00 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Tagging: Open, Kinsey(referenced)

Joseph had walked through and found a door leading out onto a balcony. The area was devoid of anything along the lines of furniture or decoration. Perhaps he wasn't actually supposed to be here. If that was the case, they should have cordoned it off, and Joseph wasn't in the mood to argue. The temperature outside was somewhat comfortable now that the sun was starting to set.

Reaching into his jacket pocket, he would pull out a pack of cigarettes. The paper box had already begun to crumple some from being in his pocket. Pulling out one of the sticks, he would light it, and put the spent match in his pocket. After all, no need to leave things to be discarded behind. Maybe he'd go back in. Maybe he would just go back to his suite. Exhaling smoke, he would lean against the wall and look out into the desert.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy
Date | Time: June 6th, a bit after 6 pm
Wearing: This ensemble and mask and Secret Identity!
Location: Masquerade Ball, bar (Not with the fortune teller!)
Tagging: Open. After receiving her gin and tonic. On the make! Looking for love! (Kinsey and Joseph are all bundled!) But Khalil!

… take my fresh drink and head toward the gorgeous Persian looking guy …

  “Hey baby! I'm Käti”. Um, do you dance?

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Wearing fortune teller dress and mask
Location Fortune tellers booth - Main room
TaggingKatrina - Open

A flick of the wrist accompanied by the ching of bangles and the final card was revealed. Deep within the hood of her cloak Lalita blushed. The Devil! "My, your question was cheeky!" the fortune teller was no mind reader but a card like the devil only really meant a few things. Glancing at her client she took a guess at what the woman wanted to know. "If you play your cards right you could get lucky....in more ways then one!".

The reading complete Lalita gathered her cards and stacked them neatly. Bidding her client farewell, the woman decided it was about time she saw a bit of the party herself. As of yet no one had even tried to get her secret from her. Lalita floated from the tent things were now in full swing and she wondered how the other staff were doing.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This fortune is pure fiction and not to be taken seriously out of character.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: Evening of the Masquerade Ball
Wearing: Red Gown
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, Kinsey O’Malley, Kati (mentioned), open

I hope it’s my turn.  I walk, actually bump into the darker woman in the dark gown, “Sorry.  Have you seen the fortune teller?  I’m hoping for a reading, of sorts I mean.  I might play I’ve got a secret.  I think she does too.”   

The gown is very masquerade-ish but it takes concentration to move through a crowd.  Katie appears to be drifting off. 

I finally reach my destination walking around obstacles of gowned women.  I smile,   “Did I hear someone say your name was Lalita?  I’m Steffy.” I take a breath, “Are you clairvoyant?  Fortunes?  It just seems all so intriguing.”

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6th, 6 pm
Wearing: Blue, warm weather onesie
Location: At the fortune teller in the ballroom, then departing.
Tagging: Lalita Cheema only

… the last card turned is the fifteen ... first amazement that the reading has only turned the majors ... second the card I would least expect ... and right side up too! …

… third wonder is that she has divined my desire ... and answers it in kind …

  "Oh my! Play my cards right. You're so silly!

… she folds her deck ... stand to depart …

  "Thank you so much! May fortune find you everywhere you go."

… short bow with my palms together ... turn and depart ... almost bump into someone ... looks like? ... well maybe? ... but I need to change and return …

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Location Main room
Tagging Steffy

Moments after Lalita had finally stated to look around she heard a voice. “Did I hear someone say your name was Lalita?  I’m Steffy.” the woman turned and beholds a woman in a stunning red dress. "Greetings! I am Lalita. It's a pleasure, but of course I knew we were destined to meet this night!" Lalita declared. "Clairvoyant, no that is beyond my simple skills. I read the palm and the cards. Taught by my mother as her mother was before her, and one day I shall show my own daughter" she told the woman. Revealing much about her self in such a few moments.

Steffy

Tagging: Lalita Cheema, Kinsey O’Malley, open

My wish is granted, from hope to yes, it’s my turn.  I look over my shoulder and do see the dark haired woman who I bumped into (Kinsey--and she need not be a clairvoyant to know I am very happy at my good fortune).

So I'm now at my destination and we’re talking.  Lalita and Steffy.  Very cool!

I look at her conspiratorially, “I so want to hear my fortune, but if you uncover my secret, don’t say anything.  It’s the secret code right?”

I’m almost shaking.  “So not clairvoyant.  Fortunes.  And fortunetelling passed on to the daughter.”  This is so delightful!  “Well, I predict your daughter will be beautiful, taking after her grandmother and mother no doubt.”   

My hands flutter a bit.  I don’t know fortunetelling etiquette.  I just let my hands flutter and wait to see what’s next.

Kit Cat

Date | Time: June 6th || 8:30pm
Tagging:Becky, Open.

The sun was finally setting through the windows of the grand hall, allowing the tincture of the night to make its slow progression over the fiery sands, to lay its starry blanket over us and allow the candles to truly take on a personality of their own.

With the sun ablaze, the grand hall had looked like a cheap Addam’s Family set, but now the curtain was being pulled down on the day, it really was taking on a more grandiose air—which is what one would expect of gothic décor that was designed to truly come into its own when the vampires came out to play.

Sadly, the same could not be said of the band, who it seemed had descended firmly into irony with their playlist—either that, or they had become so disillusioned with the lack of atmosphere earlier on in the night, that they decided to take the piss as much as they could.

This would explain why we had been inflicted with such classics as:

And inextricably:

It had been up to me to get them back on track, before the room decided to join me in drowning themselves in the watered-down cocktails, just so they wouldn’t be tortured by the noise anymore.

Which is why the next song they played was an old favourite I’d told them to play, under threat of having the bass guitar shoved where camels feared to go.

Having successfully raised the bar, whilst simultaneously attempted to embody Riff-Raff whilst trying to stop my boobs from popping out of this low-cut dress, I retired to the bar for refreshments, where I spotted the familiar flash of blue dress of the femme-fatal who had been doing her damndest to win the secret game (and chase as many people out of the place as she could).

“Hey there; how goes the secret gathering? You still enjoying the party?”

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6th, a bit after 6 pm with her gin and tonic
Tagging: Khalil, Brandon Murphy, Open

… guess the Persian looking guy isn't interested ... look around …

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | 8:30 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask
Tagging: Kinsey, JJ (mentioned) OPEN!

Becky was having the time of her life! Who knew kissing strangers for no real good reason could be so much fun? She had several dates and several kisses tucked away as she returned to the bar, feeling pleased with herself for how she seemed to have made a lot of progress in getting out of her shell and putting aside her old inhibitions.

"Heyyyy!" She waved to JJ, waggling her empty glass and setting it down on the bar. He seemed busy but she was happy to wait, nobody made these drinks like he did. Heck so far as far as she could tell nobody else made them at all.

She was obviously tipsy as she swayed side to side to the music, hands lifted, fingers snapping, unlike Kinsey she seemed to really like the band. Did she have lower standards? Different tastes? Was she just drunk and would dance to the music in her head if there wasn't a sound? Who could say.

She turned her wiggle into a twirl as she whirled about to face Kinsey, fingers still snapping at her sides she grinned at the blonde. She recognized her from earlier, but couldn't remember much, just that she was the blonde. "Hey blondie!" She said happily, dancing her way over to her and lifting her arms about the blonde woman to give her a hug. She pulled the girl in the dark dress into her blue one, their shoes about the same height Becky being slight taller than her put them nearly eye to eye as she hugged her I've-been-drinking-so-you're-my-best-friend.

"I'm loving this!" She said happily, squeezing the woman and wiggling her side to side in a thrilled embrace before finally letting go. "I haven't been able to have fun like this since," she paused and glanced to the side, then up, "Ever, actually." She said with a realization as she giggled and then started to play at Kinsey's blonde locks, fixing them up a little as if they were great friends and she was totally cool to do this. "How about you, loving this or what?" She beamed. 
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Amaris

Name: Jesse "JJ" Johnson
Date | Time: June 6th, 8:30pm
Wearing: Mask // This outfit. The sleeves are unbuttoned and rolled up to his forearm // The black version of these heels to complete the steampunk ensemble
Tagging: Becky, OPEN

JJ had been making drinks as fast as he could, sometimes pulling out his phone to look up ones that had odd names, or he just wasn't sure of. It was a busy night that was for sure, but he loved it. He absolutely thrived off of these festivities.

When his new friend Becky returned with her glass, he couldn't help but let a huge smile cross his lips. She had been rocking this party, and her previous nervousness seemed to have been whisked away. He was getting faster at making 'her' drink as he considered it now, and it didn't take long at all before he was holding it in front of her but not quite handing it over.

"The confidence looks beautiful on you. Give me a twirl, let me see... Then, you can have the drink!" Oh yes, he was most definitely flirting, but it was harmless. He just couldn't help himself. It had been absolutely amazing watching her blossom and watch as everyone mingled and began enjoying themselves.

Regardless of if she actually twirled or not, he held out the glass with her drink, looking directly into her eyes with a nod. She was fitting right in. There had been absolutely no reason to worry.

Kit Cat

Tagging:Becky, JJ Open.

To say the blue-dressed bombshell was having the time of her life was an understatement. That it appeared to be alcohol-induced didn’t bother me in the slightest. From what I had seen of her so far, the girl had been in need of letting her hair down in a big way, and there’s nothing better than drink to help that along.

Despite barely knowing me, she twirled happily over like a prancing peacock and engulfed me into a tight hug, with a bright, silly grin on her face. Brushing the stray strands of her from her eyes with my fingers, I hugged her back just as warmly—having no concerns with personal body space—and laughed lightly at her over-friendly attitude

“Well, hello you,” I murmured dryly, letting her play with my hair as if we were best buddies, whilst I laid a surreptitious hand on her hip to keep her steady, in case she stumbled in her…enthusiastic state. “I can tell you’ve been having fun just by looking at you; you’re glowing, girl.”

Seeing JJ making her drink, I couldn’t help be curious as to what it was he’d been putting in them that had turned the girl into the veritable ‘life and soul’. There was only one way to find out.

“You wouldn’t be minding making a couple more of them, since you are knocking up a batch?” I asked him, nodding at the drink in his hand. “I wouldn’t mind a little of what she’s having, if it has this kind of impact.”

Turning back to Becky, I gave her a wink and nodded back at the barman.

“Now there’s a dish I bet you wouldn’t mind dining out on. I think you’re in there,” chuckling easily, I relaxed close to her. “I’ve been having a whale of a time—managed to make a complete pest of myself, and bag a few secrets of my own—who knew that big old fella over there was a witch with a penchant for ladies’ underwear? Okay, he didn’t tell me the last bit, but if you watch him as he bends over, you can see the pink lacing poking up from under his belt! I tell you, the things I could tell you about some of these people!”

Deciding it might be a good idea to keep an eye on Becky for a little while, in case someone took too much of an advantage—other than me of course—or (more likely) she ended up needing someone to hold her hair up at the right time (you know what I mean!) I leaned in close.

“So how many hearts have you broken so far tonight, you minx?” I asked, playfully. “How many poor innocent girls have you stolen secrets from, in exchange for a chaste kiss, and a promise of afters?”

And what are their names and numbers, because I might not mind a few less than innocent snogs too—it was a party, after all!

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 6 | 8:30 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus this mask
Tagging: Kinsey, JJ (mentioned) OPEN!

Becky was thrilled to hear that her confidence was coming off well enough for JJ to see it. She grinned at him and twirled instantly on command, laughing as she did. She felt her hair fan out around her and honestly, she felt pretty. Pretty and desirable and like a single woman in her 20s at a fancy resort should feel. It was a lovely thing! She laughed as she did and leaned over the bar a bit and said to him in a conspiratorial tone, "Feet hurting yet?" She grinned and then turned her attention to blondie.

She smiled as Kinsey placed a hand on her hip, glad that her physical attention was being returned and beamed at the woman. "Oh my gosh you have to try them." She said as the detective mirrored her drink order. "They're so amazing, I'd still be holding up the wall without it!" She beamed at JJ. "He's like some sort of booze whisperer." She grinned at Kinsey said she was 'in there' "And shush." She said giving the bar a playful glance, hoping JJ hadn't heard that. Not that he could possibly be unaware that Becky had been flirting with him, but still.

"Hearts broken?" She asked, still oblivious to what had happened earlier with Chris and the mystery woman. "None as far as I know. And innocent girls? Just one." She laughed, then glanced aside and said in a stage whisper. "The rest were not innocent at all, trust me." She grinned.

Speaking of which...she eyed Kinsey up and down. "What about you blondie, you in the market for a secret?" She grinned and wiggled her hips temptingly. "Remember, it's a kiss and a date if you tell me yours!"
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Location Main room
Tagging Steffy

A mysterious smile graces Lalita's lips "Indeed, secrets are for keeping, you wish your fortune told? By all means!" a happier smile flashes accross her face as Steffy complements her family. Steffy's hand flutter and the brunette takes one. "Shall I read your palm as you offer it to me freely? Or do you care take the cards?"

HockeyGod

Name: Brandon Murphy
Date | Time: June 6th, evening
Wearing: Simple attire
Tagging: Katrina, open

The resort's bartender, Brandon Murphy, had been kept fairly busy preparing for the evening's masquerade. Once everything was in place and prepared he finally had time to change into his simple, yet formal attire. The dress was meant to keep with the formal theme, but not be overly garish or attract attention. He was at the party to ensure guests were enjoying themselves and not to bring attention to himself.

Making his way around the room, Brandon attempted to anticipate what guests wanted - additional drinks, water...the list was long. He found himself noticing that Katrina was enjoying the party alone. Grabbing a signature drink for the evening he approached the guest.

"Good evening, I hope you are enjoying the party." Brandon smiled.

Jaclyn

Tagging: Cute guy in tux and mask (Brandon Murphy), Open
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… a cute guy in a lovely, simple tux and Colombina mask walks toward Käti ... he's carrying one of those drinks like she had out at the bar ... he offers hopes that she's enjoying the party ... Käti graces him with a smile that maybe he can't see below her mask but can hopefully be seen in her eyes and she emphasizes it by touching his arm lightly …

  "So much better now that your here to talk to. Um, are we supposed to have mystery names here too? To go along with our secret identities?"

… Käti giggles ... her most open feature is her affectionate giggle ... and lifts her mask slightly to take sip from the straw in her drink …

Steffy

Tagging: Lalita Cheema, open

Her hand seems warm and friendly.  Calming even.  I smile.  “I foresee me saying ‘please read my palm and then perhaps a card reading if you feel so inclined.’”

I smile at the charming teller, “Please read my palm and then perhaps a card reading if you feel so inclined.”   As I await my palm to be read, “Do you think I have any possibility of being a seer, Lalita?”

HockeyGod

Name: Brandon Murphy
Date | Time: June 6th, evening
Wearing: Simple attire
Tagging: Katrina, open

Brandon chuckled. "Ah yes, mystery names. I suppose that would be part of the allure of a masque." Brandon sipped the cocktail slowly. It wouldn't be good to have a staff member blitz. "What is the mystery name you have selected for this evening's festivities?"

Jaclyn

Tagging: Cute guy in tux and mask (Brandon Murphy), Open
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… what name? …

  "Oh my! A name? I haven't thought one up yet. Um, how about we name each other? I think you look like an Extraordinary Gentleman so is okay if I call you Ee Gee? I do hope you're extraordinary but maybe not too much of a gentleman!" #Giggle

… given my fortune, I don't need too much of a gentleman to make my night complete! …

Amaris

Name: Jesse "JJ" Johnson
Date | Time: June 6th, 8:30pm
Wearing: Mask // This outfit. The sleeves are unbuttoned and rolled up to his forearm // The black version of these heels to complete the steampunk ensemble
Tagging: Becky, Kinsey, OPEN

An easy laugh escaped Jesse as well when Becky turned, holding out the drink in defeat. When she leaned in, he did as well, tossing the towel over his shoulder so he could listen closer. The question only made his smile wider and he turned his head to where the closeness was almost intimate.

"Like a bitch." He said ever so softly, a rumble of a laugh shaking his chest before he stood back.

He tried to give the ladies a bit of privacy, but for a moment, he could swear they both looked at him and he made sure to give them a bit of a wink. It looked like he had been mentioned in their conversation and when the pretty blonde one asked for one of the drinks it felt like it solidified his notion that he had at least been mentioned.

Taking a glass in his hand, he flipped it in the air, only to nearly drop it. That's what he got for trying to be suave. His partner surely would be shaking his head at JJ should he be paying attention "Another drink coming right up for another lovely lady." He smiled as he got to work. He had been getting pretty good at making this drink in particular and in no time at all he was holding it out to her, but in a different fancy glass so that way both of the ladies still had a special distinction, even with the same drink.

Levi

Name Lalita Cheema
Date/ Time June 6th, 6pm
Location Main room
Tagging Steffy

A palm reading and the cards,Lalita smiles. Keeping hold of Steffy's soft hand she turns it over to see her palm and see what it has to tell her. Lalita has left her pen in the tent but she traces over the palm with her finger remarking "This may tickle, oh but a little!" then she takes her time to study her clients palm. Steffy asks her a question “Do you think I have any possibility of being a seer, Lalita?” and Lalita looks up. "Is there something you seek?" she asks curious.

Having a gift can be a blessing and a curse. You would see many others pasts, presence and futures. They are not always pleasant. Shall we try?" Lalita let's go of Steffy's hand and turns her own over and offers it out. "Look into my hand,  then close your eyes. If you have any gifts something may just come to you" Lalita hadn't met many people outside her own family who had natural skills of a seer and she was interested to see what would happen.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 8:30 PM
Wearing: As pictured plus This mask
Location: Event Hall | Masquerade Hall | Balcony transitioning back to Main Hall
Tagging: Open

Three cigarettes and an hour and a half later, Joseph decided it was time to come back inside. Placing his stubs and burned matches in his pocket, he would walk back inside. The song the band was playing took him back to the recording of the Glee sessions...that was a nightmare to get through. The band was quite obviously half-assing, and every second he listened, it only seemed to piss him off even more than the seemingly unfortunate circumstances he had been privy to throughout the evening so far. Even if it meant tossing money around, he felt the need to light a fire under some asses.

Walking up to the bandstand, Joseph would talk to the members of the band. With a bit of negotiation, he got the band to agree to play a single song with him leading the charge. Stepping up to the stage, one of the members of the band would hand him a spare guitar, getting everything hooked up. Looking around at the environment, he knew it was time to get things moving. "This is one for the lovers. Get up and dance."

The Way You Used To Do

Kit Cat

Tagging:Becky, JJ, Joseph (Mentioned) Open.

Grinning at the interplay between Becky and JJ, I took the glass the barman offered and lifted it up a little to examine it.

“Now there’s a glass you wouldn’t want to have when you were drunk,”
I observed with a chuckle, before taking a sip of it. “I can see why you like these so much,” I told Becky, tasting the strength of them. “A few of these and all the cares of the world could slip away into nothing. You are a master of mixing, JJ, and I bow to your skill…especially if you keep them coming!”

Suddenly the band struck up a more modern, Californian vibe, and I glanced over at the band to see the guy I’d briefly talked to earlier front and centre on the stage, leading them into something a little more interesting. Listening for a few moments, I smirked in satisfaction, having figured him a musician earlier—he was actually rather good.

Turning my attention back to Becky, and laughing at her suggestion most here were not innocent, she finally asked the question that had most been on her lips all evening.

“A kiss and a date?” I pretend to muse her offer, my eyes twinkling with amusement; stroking the girls wriggling hips a little. “I bet you say that to every person with a secret, Lady Blue!” At the rate she was going, she’ll end up with more dates than was on all the trees in the desert. Time to see how much she wanted my secret. “How about a little negotiation? I’ll give you my secret in exchange for a kiss tonight, a date tomorrow and three dares and two truths that I ask of you, which you have to commit to following through on.”

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | 8:45 PM
Wearing: Blue Dress with Mask
Tagging: Party Goers (mentions Joseph Edwards)

The party, so far, had been alright. It was not as energy filled as NYC New Year’s Eve bash, or a rather rambunctious five old’s birthday event with all their friends. However, neither was it dull.

The band was pretty decent at reading a room. They realized when party attendees preferred a slower paced song, resulting in a host of moon eyes being made along with some close contact dancing. No one liked slow song forever so they threw in a sufficient amount of faster songs. It was quite hilarious to witness people trying not to trample their partner’s feet while doing their best moves.

Reese, for once, did not reveal her rather unique superpower. What was her power? She had the distinct ability to become the Dancing Queen. Since childhood, she set many dance floors ablaze with her unique moves. Tonight, however, her duties as an employee took priority. It did not surprise her at all when Ms. Ruby delegated the high responsibility of issuing out rewards to tonight’s winners of each contest. Rather than utter a single complaint, as doing so would be useless, Reese made her way towards the stage for the second time. She did not ascend the small staircase right away when she noticed a guest taking one of the band’s guitars.

“Oh no,” Reese muttered underneath her breath; praying for the best but preparing for the worst outcome.

She resisted the urge to plug her ears in an effort to protect them from what she thought would be an awful performance. At other parties, she witnessed drunks wrestling the microphone out of the hands of paid performers. It amounted to a bunch of screeching notes and learning way too much about the person. 

By some miracle, the guy did possess some talent. Reese nodded her head in tune with the beat as people in the crowd ‘oohed’ and ‘awwed’ with approval. Others just continued to dance with their partners, unwilling to let them go for fear of losing them in the crowd. Once the song completed, she headed up the stairs with a huge smile and clapping hands.

“Let’s give it up for that guy again!” Reese said into the microphone which did not fail her by not working. “I loved it! Be careful we might keep you up there all night.” She chuckled and offered him a reassuring smile. “Just kidding. Seriously though, more applause, you guys. Alright, as you know, we are having a bit of contest tonight. Well, only two but still exciting. It’s a bit too early for the secrets one. Let’s give that another hour, yeah? However, we can certainly get voting. Take a good, long look around at your fellow Caravanserans. We’d like you to vote on three separate categories tonight; best dressed lady, best dressed gent, and also the best mask of the bunch. I know most of you don’t know each other’s name but do your best to describe them! Or...just point them out to us and we'll handle the rest. I'm going to be over there so stop by and vote!" She pointed towards a small table. "Let’s get this done in the next 15 minutes or so.”