News:

Main Menu

Museum Of Bad Art

Started by Marguerite, April 01, 2009, 08:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

I want to go to this place now that I have read it on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Bad_Art

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Avis habilis

If there's one thing Ed Wood taught me, it's keep doing what you love even if you're terrible at it. Looks like they've taken that lesson to heart.

Indigo

...I'm seriously fascinated by this!

Bad art now, who knows a hundred years from now, people might really dig this crazy stuff.  There is something fascinating about the grotesque and well, just 'bad'.

Great idea, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before now.

The Overlord

Thing is, 'good' or 'bad' art is, to paraphrase Einstein, relative to the observer. A couple of the examples they have on that page, to be blunt, are better than some examples of 'good' art I've seen in actual national galleries.

There's a reason I butted heads over aesthetic ideology even with art instructors. Even the experts aren't necessarily experts in so diffuse and subjective a field; what it comes down to is what's 'accepted'.

luna146

One place where I saw bad art was the Guggenheim museum's top three floors. top floor white canvas, next floor piece of marble that have some carvings in them, next floor wooden squares. After that the rest were good.

The museum of bad art was a good idea. Take in art no other museum will buy and show it off to the public. I might go one day to see how bad it really is now.

Zadaris

Every genius goes unrecognized in there own time, but how much time (and drugs) will people need to think this art is good.

I'm only kidding of course. It's probably a case of so bad its good. Nonetheless it would be something I'd like to see, just for a few laughs even.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

doctorfunk85

I've been there before it's actually pretty cool.  If you make the trip to Boston to check it out i'd also recommend the ICA museum which focuses are architecture. Pretty cool place :)
Now i'm not a monster...Just ahead of the curve :)

The doctor is in baby!

Ons and Offs