GLADIATOR! - (Revisited)

Started by bubby, October 16, 2011, 06:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

First: This is an already established game, and has been rolling for many months.

That being said, COME PLAY!

As with many games, this one started off big and constant, but has slowly managed to dwindle to but 6 people with but 7 roles filled. Yet it has -not- disappeared! Everyone currently engaged has been persistant and willing to keep playing, for which I as GM am thankful.

This is a SLOW RUNNING game, and we in it like it this way. So if you're looking to play in something that is fast-paced post wise this is not the game for you. You will not be prodded to post swiftly, as long as a prompt of your status is made occasionally. All that -is- asked is that since this is such a small and slow moving game, that you be willing to put effort into your posts, and effort into the game itself. This is also more of a 'sandbox style', which is why I am now putting out feelers for more players. For such a style to be successful without going utterly stagnant more talent is required!

The basic story up 'til now: (IC link)
Ludus Leonis, now Matella, has now been taken over by a Domina, after the last Dominus simply left, not being able to deal with the death of his wife and a Roman Citizen. Much has shifted, and the Ludus seems to be in a holding pattern. Yet a Roman soldier has come with a message, one finally delivered after a fight between the Gladiatrix and soldier. Games must be prepared, and this Ludus, now in such turmoil, was to provide its best...

Roles already filled (Char thread link):
Domina of the now Ludus Metalla, Livia Metalla (played by Kendra)
House slave: Caris (Played by Kendra)
House(Head) slave: Cariad O'r Nant (Played by Damned Eternally)
Champion Gladiator: Patrocles Aktionus (played by Oralfixation)
Gladiator/Rival for Champion: Marius Horatius/Ammon (played by Darkcide)
Roman soldier/Doctore: Aulus Livius (played by Drakan)
Gladiatrix: Ryann ap Elim (Played by bubby)

Roles I am looking for:
Gladiators (of course!): I'm thinking two, no more then three, and perhaps they might be Gladiators that are owned by Livia, being brought over from her original Ludus. This could cause 'drama' between Gladiators! If we can get a 'rival Ludus' I'll accept more Gladiators to play for that School.

Minor house/gladiator slaves

Someone to play a rival Ludus: We have been trying to have an actual Games story arc for awhile, but without an actual rival Ludus it doesn't really work. Plus, this gives the Gladiators nothing to do, which is the main of this game!

Someone to play an Ashur type char (sneaky rat bastard who plays both sides of the Ludus', his own and the rival)

If interested, simply post that interest here, and let me know who you'd like to play!

Kendra

The game is slow paced but this works in every ones favour especially this time of year with so many back at Uni, work getting busy and the run up to the holidays.
It is a great game, based of course upon the awesome television series Spartacus

:-)

rocknrolla

Evening darlings;

Tempted both by the premise and the talented players already established; I'd like to considered for a gladiator. I particularly like the speed as I've been wanting to join a game that is slow paced for the moment. :-)
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

bubby

Wonderful! Welcome!

How about you give a PM to Kendra and confer with her a bit, as if you decide to do Gladiator you will be 'belonging' to her original Ludus anyway.

After that, make sure go to the OOC Thread and check out the FIRST PAGE, to see what sort of history bits should be applied to your char. Then, go ahead and make one up and put it in the interest thread for approval! There is no huge hurry on it, so go ahead and take your time hun.

Thanks SO much for the interest!

Flower

I loved Spartacus! Such an awesome show with wicked female characters.

I'm not sure if this question has been answered but what does a gladiator slave do in this roleplay? Help him prepare for battle before events or more like a personal servant.

Another quick question, are characters along the basis of Lucretia or Ilithyia allowed?

Thank you for taking the time to read this
Flower ;)

bubby

Quote from: Dancing flower on October 18, 2011, 04:04:17 PM
I loved Spartacus! Such an awesome show with wicked female characters.

I'm not sure if this question has been answered but what does a gladiator slave do in this roleplay? Help him prepare for battle before events or more like a personal servant.

Another quick question, are characters along the basis of Lucretia or Ilithyia allowed?

Thank you for taking the time to read this
Flower ;)

Lucretia basically = our own Livia played by Kendra. However, an Ilythia would be grand! Such a char could be connected to the 'rival Ludus' we are actually seeking to expand our game?

Or even perhaps, just as she is portrayed. The sneaky conniving wife of a Patrician or something.

A gladiator slave would need to be male, as they are the slaves that basically take care of the weaponry, deliver messages, help feed the Gladiators and such. If they end up being a 'favorite' of a certain Gladiator then so be it.  >:) Remember, this game is in the Extreme section.

If you have char ideas go ahead and PM me with them Flower!

rocknrolla

Quote from: bubby on October 18, 2011, 03:49:11 PM
Wonderful! Welcome!

How about you give a PM to Kendra and confer with her a bit, as if you decide to do Gladiator you will be 'belonging' to her original Ludus anyway.

After that, make sure go to the OOC Thread and check out the FIRST PAGE, to see what sort of history bits should be applied to your char. Then, go ahead and make one up and put it in the interest thread for approval! There is no huge hurry on it, so go ahead and take your time hun.

Thanks SO much for the interest!

Cheers, Bubby... the pleasure's all mine. I'll be checking out the page, and PMing the lovely shortly. :-)
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

bubby

Quote from: rocknrolla on October 18, 2011, 04:21:15 PM
Cheers, Bubby... the pleasure's all mine. I'll be checking out the page, and PMing the lovely shortly. :-)

Sweet! I do know she was off to bed, so she might not answer tonight. And I myself am off to work for the night. I'll check back when I get home tonight!

Kendra

Thanks for the interest rnr

the pace of the game is a plus definitely, I have so many other games to juggle and real life on top of it that getting a slow paced game that I really enjoy is hard to find.
looking forward to brainstorming with you

Woot!! thrilled with your interest DF  ;D
tis a wickedly hot game

rocknrolla

Here is the character profile, 'tis completely tweak-a-doodle, so let me know if I need to make any changes. :-)

Name: Bran Ross/Rexus Branius

Personality: Driven, eager and ambitious Bran Ross – who later came to be known as Rexus Branius – can be described as well composed and intelligent. A man of few words he knows in a place where a man’s weight is measured in sweat and blood, he lets his actions speak for him. Vengeful to a fault, Branius can hold a grudge for years and fuels his rage with everything the other person uses against him. Honourable and a stalwart of chivalry  the man still finds himself prone to envy often, especially when he feels robbed of chances and opportunity.

History: Bran Ross belonged to one of the Highland tribes – a barbarian of Alba as he was referred to, before being captured and brought to Rome for others to look at and scoff. The man considered himself of a proud, regal lineage whose blood lines ran deep in each of its tribesmen. Whilst quarrels were aplenty, it never created a big enough rift for anyone to pick up their blade, and walk their own path, for every man held their tribe to be their pride and honour.

This was before the Romans invaded Brittany, and the conquest seeped through to the edges of the island to where the Highlands stood proud. Every tribesman, child and woman gathered to meet the onslaught, and whilst it was certain destruction was at hand, the conflict was more a means to show how the land rightfully belonged to them that lingered, and not to the foreign invaders.

The last of the captured Bran fought till he broke seven swords and eventually couldn’t muster either strength or another weapon, so he did what any other man would have done. A smile on his face, he gave in and allowed to be taken alive. Bearing no ill will to his captors, Bran instead accepted confidence in the fact how there were bigger and better things meant for him. It was only when he was sentenced to a death in the arena did the man spoke more than two words, and bare handed killed a dozen centurions before he was suppressed and taken to his cell for the sentence to be carried out... which never came.

He found himself in Ludus Leonis overnight where over the next few months he perfected his skills and came to respect the man in the later months until the sorry sod passed away and his wife took over.

Now the Ludus stands as a shadow of its former self in the warrior’s mind; bound by chivalry and honour Branius knows he would never cause the woman, the new owner of the Ludus, any harm, but he still cannot help but feel apprehensive, more so towards her lover and champion who Branius thinks to be unequal to the likes of him. But the gladiator knows time like fortune is fickle, and merely bides his time until he either creates, or unearths a situation where he would do the Ludus – and Leonis – proud.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

bubby

Heehee 'tweak-a-doodle'...love it.

APPROVED SIR! Welcome to my little game!

Flower

Alrighty, this character sheet is completely tweakable. :)

Aelia in Red wig

Name: Aelia Tatius
Height: 5’6
Position in Ludus/Society: Wife of a Cassius Tatius, a Dux Bellorum

Appearance:
Aelia is only a mere 5’6 in height, with flowing blond hair that threatens to reach her waist unless trimmed ever few months. Often times, she keeps it just passing her shoulders. There are no scars along her porcelain skin since she wasn’t interested in playing with other children growing up. Her eye color changes from blue to grey throughout the seasons. She isn’t known to change her hair color, and instead choses to wears the occasional wig, preferably red. Aelia loves wearing different types of jewelry, scents, and clothing to accentuate her graceful form.

Personality:
She is a small woman, not known for raising her voice to yell at anyone, but her mind works with the quickness of an army strategist. Taught by only the best scholars, she excels in on a various amount of subjects but occasionally prefers to act like a naive woman in order to gain information about those around her for future use. 

Brief Background:
Growing up, her mother always told her that beauty fades but only the mind can evolve and become stronger. These words and several pushes from her mother taught her to listen to her tutors unlike her unruly brother that just wanted to play with his toy soldiers.

Daughter to a senator, she was betrothed to her current husband as a political move on the behalf of her father. Her husband and she at the time barely spoke to each other but love wasn’t necessary for marriage. As the years goes by, they have developed an understanding and respect for each other’s talents even though he attempts to keep a leash on her occasionally ploys.

Her interest in the games came from when her husband took her to one, and she grew addicted to the sight of blood and aggressive behavior of the gladiators. She views the ones that fight in the ring as merely tools or instruments for her entertainment. Aelia has no interest in their problems or even goals. She is somewhat sympathetic towards female slaves due to observing their activities in her own household and others. Her sympathy is also entwined with lethal jealousy to ensure that none of them lays a finger or tempts her husband.

bubby

Love it Flower!

She should provide the 'intrigue' we're looking for in the game.

Still looking for a couple of slaves, especially for our new lovely lady! And someone to play the Ashur type char one that perhaps originates in the Leonis Ludus, but doesn't like what's gone down with Domina Livia taking over, so decides to try and cozy up to our new wife of the Dux Belloram.