Heroes of Myth [Pathfinder - Path of War] - Interest check

Started by eternaldarkness, March 18, 2015, 11:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 21, 2015, 10:15:09 PM
Should we include the essentials like magical weapons/armor, stat-boost items, save-boosting items, etc. in our wish list? Or are you primarily interested in the specialty stuff?

Don't worry about the essentials, just focus on the really special effects.

Quote from: Rhynarion on March 21, 2015, 10:15:43 PM
I'm back!

Since it seems like there are only three sheets up and no Wilder yet made, I would like to toss my name in for a Wilder 6 (Blasting Archetype)

My sheet isn't done yet, namely because I have a few questions.

Arkhamir VanRooke
Pale moonlight filtered through the breaks in the port skyline, washing over largely vacant streets. Much of the daily bustle died down by this hour, only a few rounnd-the-clock workers still moving cargo on the piers. Small puddles of rainwater collected in the side-alleys, murky from the treading of uncounted footsteps. A scattered dozen men roamed the streets without purpose, dour expressions ranging from dazed to utterly drunk.A pair of ruffians hid amongest these lost souls, waiting in restless anticipation for unsuspecting prey to come along the road leading to the wealthier section.

The air thickened without apparent cause, growing heavy with withheld breath. The few men still self aware made signs of warding against magic, ineffectual fallacies that hardly balked true evocations. A tall figure rounded the corner seeming on cue, leaping forward with every merry step. Baggy clothes hid his build on the gloomy night, though the rich crimson fabric spoke of apparent wealth. A wide-brim felt hat obscured his face from a distance, clearly picked to accent the outfit. The pair picked him out instantly, only pausing once when they noticed the crocodile following the man - refuted as a threat when a shaft of moonlight revealed it to be but the size of a small dog.

Arkhamir brushed the ruffled sleeves of his shirt, idly plucking at the gold embroiderings of his shirt. He didn't want a spec out of place this evening, far too much fun planned for him to ruin it. He chuckled wildly to himself with glee, positively glowing from his amusement. He never noticed the ruffians as they closed in, lost to his own world until he staggered from a pair of forceful hands on his swinging arms.

Confusion gnitted on his smooth features, overtaking his mirth. Tock scurried between his legs in rapid figure eights, making gurgling squawks to proclaim his distress. The third ruffian hurried around to Ark's front and began frisking him in search of coin, grimy hair concealing beady eyes and a lip split too many times to heal properly. Realization spread across Ark's features now that his daydream crashed to an end, and he shook his arms with surprising strength.

"I have quite little time for this. Unhand me at once!" His voice split the air, flowing from hushed babble to a roar.

The brawnier thug shook him roughly, causing his compatriot to curse and fumble the coin pouch he nearly palmed. "Shut your yapper!" He proclaimed, still shaking Arkhamir.

"Would you hold him still!" The smaller thief all but sputtered, eyes furtively glancing over his shoulder. Someone would surely call the watch if this commotion came up. Thinking quickly, he seized Ark's chin in his palm and pulled him level to his gaze. "Look. We just want your money, ain't no need for trouble."

To his credit, Arkhamir appeared entirely unfrightened; he leveled his attention much more on the man's grimy fingers and unkempt fingernails, expression dry but gaze never rising to meet the ruffian's. He shook his head free with an indignant huff, before laughing recklessly at the two of them. His viole eyes began to gleam in the dark night, swirling with mystifying flames. "I think you have made a mistake. I gave you your warning, though."

The scoundrel before him blinked in confusion, admittedly stunned that this man seemed to think he remained in control of the situation. When Arkhamir's laughter continued with no end in sight, he balled his hand into a fist and reared it back - only to hear his partner laughing along with their prey. A puzzled look crossed his features for a tick, but soon he felt a surge of giddiness rushing through his body.

Though he tried valiantly to avoid the fate of his brother, he failed to hold back the floodgates and soon became wracked with a fit of giggling to express his utter joy. He stumbled backward from Arkhamir, tripping over the squawking croc and falling to the hard ground. The stinging pain jolted him enough to realize their folly, the captors now turned prey by the grip of this man's strange laughter.

Arkhamir's laughter died down after a few minutes, and he cleaned off his face with a hidden hankerchief. A glance toward the skyline told him he was not yet late, and so he turned to the chucklestruck pair with his original expression of joy. "I recommend finding honest work, boys. The thug life is a risky buisness, never know what you might run into."

Salted tears streamed down the brothers cheeks as Arkhamir leaned down, though their enforced joy left no room for fear. The enigmatic man dropped a gold dubloon in each of the pockets, patting them on the head with a frighteningly bright smile. "You have honor, and I respect that. So enjoy a few days fortune, and do heed my advice."

He stepped over the larger scoundrel and continued on his way, clicking his tongue once to bring Tock back in line. The tiny crocodile kept pace with him easily, waddling steps offering a whimsical air to what otherwise remained a fearsome creature. He whistled a jolly tune as he left the street, a streetlamp revealing his lupine shadow for a few seconds.

He arrived at his destination with a few minutes to spare, glad that he bribed a local to show him some of the secret routes while the sun still shined. Fluffing his attire to some measure of regality, he walked up to the high-class lounge only to be immediately halted when he attempted to cross the entrance threshold.

The bouncer shoved Arkhamir backward, appearing entirely displeased. "We don't serve you-."

"I have an invitation! Now if you will excuse me..." He reached into his vest and procured the gaudy sheaf of paper, handing it to the burly man and stepping past him.

The bouncer squinted at the page, delicately pulling a pair of reading glasses from his suit pocket. He placed them on his brow, taking a moment to adjust them with his meaty fingers. Sure enough, everything checked out. Something off about the man tickled his brain, and he turned to stop him one final time.

Arkhamir sighed dramatically as he heard the man shift, whirling with a flourished spin and pulling his signature hat from his brow. He crickled the hat against his chest, shaking his head sadly from side to side. "I know that invitation is good. So please don't hold me up any more? The show is about to begin!" His violet eyes flashed in the dim hallway, gaze spellbindingly potent.

"Umm... Err... It's nothing, go ahead." The bouncer slurred his words, thoughts tainted by a fog of confusion. Another pair approached as he struggled to grasp his original thoughts, forcing him to leave Arkhamir to be someone elses problem. All the befuddlement caused him to allow the croc to follow his master without pause, something sure to earn him a demerit if his snooty employers found out.

Above is a snippet of the character, though it was written in free writing before I decided to sit down for this epic game of pathfinder. The idea was that he has no emotional dial, in that he feels everything intensely - his power being the ability to enforce these manic emotions in others. I have included a my questions in a second spoiler because I got long winded.

Questions
-There is no pathfinder power to mimic the effects of Hideous Laughter and I find it to be an iconic thing to Ark, making people laugh (to death) intead of being all scary, dark, and edgy. Could we make one, preferably with augments to achieve the full effects shown in the snippet? Hopefully a power that can be taken at first level (or as a talent) but doesn't get to really frightening points until 6th ((7-10)(12th or more if it must, would take anything conceivably reachable in the course of the game.) manifester level. I am Blasting archetype and can't surge blast to kill people with laughter early on. At the very least I would love to simply be able to mimic Hideous Laughter, minus the +4 because it is a compulsion and not a joke being told.

-You said that all Dreamscarred was available so may I take Blasting Archetype? I was looking at Free Surge with Warping as my back up.
-Will using my 13 powers known to shore up the idea that Arkhamir messes with peoples emotions harm the party at all? I know it is a low magic game.

-Does the adjustment of 13 race points to say human mean that I can take the base (9) and add 13 points of mods, or the total points muse equal 13 when I am finished modding? Not looking to powergame, first time playing pathfinder and only my DM friend has been helping me with putting my sheet together.

-Would the child of an unknown entity and a witch/gypsy fall under human or Tiefling? I ask because base Tiefling is very demonic oriented and Ark is more of a strange not-were shifter creature. (His base/alt form is not shown in the snip but it is your commonly seen biped werewolf.) He is at worse a half-breed were but more likely a strange hybrid that happens to look like a were (he isn't bound to the moon, as an example. Also doesnt transfer the curse). I would like to avoid taking Sorc/Witch dips because EUPHORIC MIND BLASTS is much truer to his theme and personality. Not getting the beautiful capstone of Blast Wilder is just sad.

-Is the runt Crocodile / Runtier Dwarf Camain possible within the rules? I was told by my friend that the animal could simply be bought and kept close through handle animal checks? As DM, do you write for animal companions/minor animal tag-alongs or is that up to the player? I am told each DM does that differently. Is there a way to have Tock take a slightly more active role than your average animal (but not flank as druid companions do or do things of that nature) without class dips? Again, first time pathfinder and hoping to better understand the rules. Bonus points for not having to make a handle animal check every round.

As a last few things, I would adore some suggestions on where to spend my race points. I would prefer not to play as a Witchwolf Shifter because of the - to all Cha-based checks in my were form being really crippling to my intended role as the party face /  being a wilder in general.

I hope I am not intruding with this.

We can come up with a psionic equivalent for hideous laughter pretty easily, and as for the blaster archtype it's fine. For your pet, it'd just be a pet that you train like any normal use of handle animal, and it will act per its training or instincts in all instances even without handle animal checks. checks are only necessary when you want it to do something specific.

Your race should be 13 points total, and if you need to you can build one from scratch to get what you want.  I like your character concept so far - it's up to you how his heritage manifests mechanically.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: rotburn on March 21, 2015, 08:23:06 PM
Bwahaha~
This is great.
All this information is making my head swirl.
This really is something like EPIC fantasy :P

I try to strike a balance between 'enough information' and 'so much stuff pre-defined that the players can't add anything new without contradicting established setting elements'. And yes, I am aiming for truly epic characters and stories. As TheGlyphstone noted, i'm trying for an Exalted-level power scale.

MrBubbles

eternaldarkness

Quote from: MrBubbles on March 21, 2015, 10:45:29 PM
Do we get max health per level, average, or roll?

oh goodness, thanks for asking! Max HP for all your hit dice.

eternaldarkness

TheGlyphstone

Would there be any problems with being a worshipper of one of the Dark Gods? Vara's portfolio of Darkness, Secrets, and Love is so perfect for my character I'm actually mildly suspicious. :D

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 22, 2015, 12:12:39 AM
Would there be any problems with being a worshipper of one of the Dark Gods? Vara's portfolio of Darkness, Secrets, and Love is so perfect for my character I'm actually mildly suspicious. :D

In this setting people tend pray to whatever god you need for whatever you're trying to accomplish, regardless of who their personal patron deity is - if you're traveling and want to ensure safe arrival at your destination, you pray to Teio. if you're trying to conceal something or want to make someone fall in love with you, you pray to Vara. If you're a farmer who wants to keep savage monsters from destroying your farmstead you placate Rasmus with offering and prayer (or shout dire threats to your enemies, which makes Kruth happy) etc.

Most families have a lesser deity as a patron deity, and every city and town is consecrated to a specific deity. Clerics, paladins and other divine magic-users also select either a single patron or one of the two pantheons as a whole to be their deity of choice, and most individuals have one or two gods they tend to favor over others by personal preference or simply because that god has something to do with thir day to day activities.

eternaldarkness

Also worth nothing about the deities - lesser deities and demigods (also known as Hero Deities) are generally vassals of one of the six greater deities. Aete, for example, is a servant/vassal of both Teio and Vara, and thus one of the most powerful lesser deities, and damn close to being a full-fledged Greater Deity in her own right. All she needs is just a few more devoted worshippers giving their rites to her instead of her gaining power indirectly through her parents. Once she does reach the level of a greater deity she'll have both pantheons trying to woo her to their side.

Right now, it could go either way - Aete is very much a daddy's girl, but Vara is very persuasive too. Basically, it depends on what you guys (especially Thiora) do.

MrBubbles

Character is done!

He is a standard Human with the following changes:

Replaced Skilled with Lucky, Greater.

Replaced Human Heritage with Advanced, bringing his RP total to 13.

Are there any unique languages in this world? Stuff like regional dialects and the ilk; I've got Common and Elven as languages and still got two more to choose!

Rhynarion

If I wanted to take Constant Spell Like Divination as a psi like ability, how much would it be for Detect Hostile Intent? CSLD is 3pt, and offers choice of 3 0 lv spells and a 1level spell. DHI is 2nd level power.

I am trying to figure out how to work it that Ark is sensitive to the emanations of emotions in his vicinity, given his frequent manipulation of them.

I was going to ask about Blindsense but only ignoring perception checks and requiring line of sight didnt fit the thematic I wanted? Does line of effect ignore terrain for blindsense? If it does so does that increase its cost?

As an aside, are natural weapons like claws and bite of any use for a caster like Ark? I was under the impression that they didnt help me unless wanted to Melee. In addition to not scaling. I wondered because he does appear as a lycan war form.

Oh, and 8 or 9 feet tall is still considered medium right? (In true/monstrous form)

Chulanowa

Alright. As anyone who's seen me do pathfinder before knows, i have a terrible time deciding on characters... So I've got two ideas that i'd like some feedback on. No great detail yet, since that would need me to put a lot of elbow grease into two things, but hey, whatever.

Gnoll priestess
Idea: A priestess of either Melfia, Vara, Rasmus, or some minor god or power. Sort of a "sinister" mein, though not necessarily "evil" (think Raistlin from the War of the Lance trilogy... before DeviantArt fangirls made him a woobie.) Despite being a "caster," isn't a slouch in a fight, but does prefer to lay curses and debilitations on foes wehn possible. Has a thin veneer of "civilization" over a more primal core - doesn't actually trust civilization.

Class: Cleric, Warpriest, Oracle, or Shaman

Race: Gnoll. Standard, as-written Gnoll from ARG. Maybe some options from the Monster Codex, if there's something interesting in there (I know there's a neat Gnoll witch archetype...)

Party role: Divine support and melee combat. Skills would likely focus on Planes, Religion, or Arcana. Maybe heal, 'cause ain't nobody got time for CLW.

Relation with rest of party: Like I said, kind of "The Raistlin" of the group - aloof and maybe a little patronizing, secretive, but probably with a not-so-secret fondness for a member or two, and a genuine itnerest in the party's success.

Centaur Warrior
Idea: a former gladiator who won her freedom, and seeks to regain her heritage. Strongly opposed to slavery, indolence, and other "trappings of civilization" (noticing a theme?). Enjoys honest combat, both in the form of honest struggle, and friendly competition. Kind of a fatalist, "the gods have decided when you die; not a moment sooner or later." Secretly a softi ho likes poetry and music.

Classes: Barbarian, Bloodrager, Fighter, or Skald

Race: Centaur (either homebrew, or something from kobold press' "Midgard" setting, since default centaur are 28 RP)

Party Role: Tearing shit up. Exuberant advocate of "chaotic goodness." You probably shouldn't listen to her plans, no matter how well her charisma check does.

Relation with rest of the prty: Earnestly friendly towards people until they deserve otherwise. Then they get hurt until we can be friends again. Will likely be the last person in the group to suspect treachery becuase of this. Everyone's friend, kind of the epitome of the "big Stupid Fighter. And now I realize that I have just made Raistlin and Caramon. With tits. YAY ME!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 22, 2015, 02:09:01 AM
Alright. As anyone who's seen me do pathfinder before knows, i have a terrible time deciding on characters... So I've got two ideas that i'd like some feedback on. No great detail yet, since that would need me to put a lot of elbow grease into two things, but hey, whatever.

Gnoll priestess
Idea: A priestess of either Melfia, Vara, Rasmus, or some minor god or power. Sort of a "sinister" mein, though not necessarily "evil" (think Raistlin from the War of the Lance trilogy... before DeviantArt fangirls made him a woobie.) Despite being a "caster," isn't a slouch in a fight, but does prefer to lay curses and debilitations on foes wehn possible. Has a thin veneer of "civilization" over a more primal core - doesn't actually trust civilization.

Class: Cleric, Warpriest, Oracle, or Shaman

Race: Gnoll. Standard, as-written Gnoll from ARG. Maybe some options from the Monster Codex, if there's something interesting in there (I know there's a neat Gnoll witch archetype...)

Party role: Divine support and melee combat. Skills would likely focus on Planes, Religion, or Arcana. Maybe heal, 'cause ain't nobody got time for CLW.

Relation with rest of party: Like I said, kind of "The Raistlin" of the group - aloof and maybe a little patronizing, secretive, but probably with a not-so-secret fondness for a member or two, and a genuine itnerest in the party's success.

Centaur Warrior
Idea: a former gladiator who won her freedom, and seeks to regain her heritage. Strongly opposed to slavery, indolence, and other "trappings of civilization" (noticing a theme?). Enjoys honest combat, both in the form of honest struggle, and friendly competition. Kind of a fatalist, "the gods have decided when you die; not a moment sooner or later." Secretly a softi ho likes poetry and music.

Classes: Barbarian, Bloodrager, Fighter, or Skald

Race: Centaur (either homebrew, or something from kobold press' "Midgard" setting, since default centaur are 28 RP)

Party Role: Tearing shit up. Exuberant advocate of "chaotic goodness." You probably shouldn't listen to her plans, no matter how well her charisma check does.

Relation with rest of the prty: Earnestly friendly towards people until they deserve otherwise. Then they get hurt until we can be friends again. Will likely be the last person in the group to suspect treachery becuase of this. Everyone's friend, kind of the epitome of the "big Stupid Fighter. And now I realize that I have just made Raistlin and Caramon. With tits. YAY ME!

I am torn. I love them both so much...the gnoll priestess is winning right now because I <3 gnolls, especially female ones. But play whichever you like.

eBadger

Woobie?

Dunno.  Healing would be nice, but I like the friendly beatstick in contrast to my already rather sinister Aesa.  Although lots of antiheroes could be fun. 

eBadger

Character sheet for rotburn; will let her post his history and description. 

Link

Ophelia's Lament
When her husband and his entire crew were lured to their death by malicious sirens, the widow Ophelia deafened herself and sought out the creatures for revenge. The strings of this lute were spun from the hair of the creatures and their pearlescent bones form an inlay of a ship being smashed between a storm and jagged rocks.  Using the instrument, Ophelia lured others of their kind into a fatal trance.  The vengeance proved empty; within a year Ophelia drowned herself to join her love. 

Whenever played, the lute can project a Silent Image - a soundless illusion of the player's creation, either to accompany the song or for more specific purposes.  Additionally, once per day the lute can cast Enthrall on anyone within 100'. 

yaracyrrah

(I've edited my item wish list in the other thread to reflect the new dicta :) .)

Rhynarion

Another quick question.

If we make our own race, are we allowed to make a race trait for it to take as one of its two? Being a psionic class and a custom race is really narrowing my options because of no psionic trait support yet.

Can we choose what our favored class bonus is on our custom races? For me, I was hoping to take the human FC bonus for Wilder (1/4th of a power known, must be one level lower than highest that I can cast). It's also used as Elan, from DSP.

Cerebrathrope

13p total

Cerebrathrope
Type: Monstrous Humanoid (3p)
Size: Medium
Language: Normal
Vision: Darkvision
(+2 Con, +2 Cha, -2 Str) (0p)

Naturally Psionic: Cerebrathropes gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. If an Cerebrathrope takes levels in a psionic class, she instead gains the Psionic Talent feat. (1p)

Change Shape, Lesser 3p

Jackal's Cackle Su, 3/Day (6p)
Range: 30ft Aura
Target: All Enemies
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates; DC 10+CharLevel+Cha Modifier

As a standard action, you begin laughing uncontrollably. When you do, enemies within 30 feet of you that can see and hear you must succeed a Will(DC10+CharLevel+Cha Modifier) saving throw or they collapse into gales of manic laughter, falling prone. It is not considered helpless, but may take no further actions for one round / level. This is a sonic, mind affecting effect.

Hoping to get some feedback on this, with how quickly sheets are coming in! I am going to post a tentative sheet on the OOC thread once I format it properly.

Edit: The lull today had be redo what I originally posted for the race sheet. I have notes from my earlier idea if this isnt completely salvageable.

rotburn

Name: Estelmist (Six Fingers)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 6ft 1inch
Weight: 155lbs
Eye Color: Silver
Hair Color: Black

BIO
Born to a human mother and elven father, he's never met the man who gave him half his genes. Although some peasants believed him to be more of a child of a demon then an elf because of his slight deformation- having six-digits on both hands and feet. He grew up in a shack overlooking a small port village that shunned him and his mother. As time went on he noticed how strange his mother actually came across to others and her deteriorating mind being eaten away by madness. She horded odd things like animal carcasses and spoke to shadows that she swears talked back. Slowly and surely her world closed off to even him, and he had to find ways to help them both survive by stealing from the village's rations. There are times when she gains her senses back and stares at him with more horror each time while hissing harsh words: 'You look like HIM every day that passes...' - 'Don't point those eyes at me! Heathen! Accursed child! This is all your fault!' - 'If I pluck out your eyes I will never feel betrayed or so lonesome again. You are my child aren't you? I can't tell anymore.' - 'Get out of my sight!' - 'Hissaelon? Is that you? Have you finally come to take me from this place?'

And once, when he had been foolish enough to stumble forward to comfort the woman, did she wrestle him to the heath and try to burn out his eyes with hot coals using her bare hands. There are markings of tinted skin surrounding his sockets after that, giving him the nickname Coon from the villagers. Quick, nimble, little Coon thief. Unwanted and unloved. It wasn't until the unpleasant event when the fields burnt down and killed two children that the hatred came knocking. He had been acting mischievous, showing off to the pretty girls that he could do a bit of magic with his hands. Forming a fire that lit up between his fingers, dancing and alive. His peers had been so excited and happy they demanded he turn it into a different shape, a butterfly. That fire had sprouted wings at his command, but those wings brought it flapping and giving it a will of its own. The crops burst into flame with the hunger that that butterfly had, spreading and consuming. He had ran beside the others, he ran and ran and in the end found himself the only one who escaped. The crops burnt down and the villagers came to return the favor. He had been hiding of course, amongst the thickest forest bramble as he watched the slow burning of the shack and his mother's laughter from within calling out to her 'Hissaelon'.

He traveled the roads, finicky and starving. Where was one to go where no one would know your name or care? The cities. So he went, following the trails. Once there, the dingy streets and hatred only seemed to double. The cold and stench crept in and he was forced into eating things that made his stomach flip and debasing himself to where his insides sunk to new depths. It's hard to live with the same skills that the others had top. Urchins were many. Paranoia, disease, and violence became everyday occurrences.

It was good fortune, or maybe it wasn't depending on what angle one sees it from, in first that he didn't waste away and die. Then second, for the simple fact that a party of elven folk passing through took pity on him. A tall elf with long sweeping hair had noticed his slightly curved ears and startling silver eyes, had handed him a lute and told 'keep it and it will keep you'. He kept it and learned to play those strings. To pour his anger, sadness, and wretched desires into the notes that fell away. Most importantly it gave him hope, a notion that is more devious than any sin which exists. For hope brings opportunities and dreams, goals and aspirations, but never does hope guarantee any of that. The lute was stolen a month later. He ended up joining a gang to keep from being beaten on sight and was in the end bound and sold to a brothel closer to the capital.

He managed to gain his freedom a few years later by seducing a widowed woman of respectable trade. She dressed him in the finest of clothing and fed him the best meals, yet all he asked was for a blasted lute. A symbol of his haunted youth and power over his own self. He received the lute and she became his patron, much to his surprise. Several times did he play for the wealthy merchants as well as lower Lords and Ladies, until he grew bored of the tamed life. He wanted the invisible shackle weighing him down gone. Manipulating the situation to his benefit, he took to the roads again with more knowledge and determination than before. Running into several parties who drew him in with the good and the bad, he taught himself not to trust others and use them as a source of fortune for his own gain.

Since then he's picked up many names such as Six-Fingers, The Mournful Bard, Quick Silver, and Thrice Denied. The last one being more of a joke from the local single types who gossip on how charming he may be, but any attempt beyond flattery is futile. More or less it sprung from the time a egotistical Lord had thought he was female, and  had been very adamant to be proved wrong. Least to say, it didn't matter that he was male and the man who tried to woo him left with a nasty fork in their hand. Now though, names or not, he travels the trails with wagons and troupes alike to quench the thirst of throwing himself against another's blade and living afterwards only to sing the tale with his lute.

eBadger

What's the skinny on this?  I think we're up to four submitted characters now?

Rhynarion

I'm presently waiting for a confirmation that my race checks out before I can post my sheet, unless you're counting me.

Chulanowa

I've finally found time to sit down and start working on mine.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Rhynarion on March 25, 2015, 04:38:57 PM
I'm presently waiting for a confirmation that my race checks out before I can post my sheet, unless you're counting me.

Since I'm curious, how did you go about calculating the RP for that custom spell?

eBadger

Quote from: Rhynarion on March 25, 2015, 04:38:57 PM

Too much E to count anything that isn't a full character sheet and bio :) 

Rhynarion

Under Race Builder Rules, a Supernatural / Spell Like ability is (1p x Spell level)x Number of uses.

Hideous Laughter can be a 1st or 2nd level spell, so I cut the range and made it an aura using the bard level due to the fact no Mass Hideous Laughter exists, bumping it to the equivalent of a 2nd level spell.

Really, this was just the test version I mad until our DM comes back and I can get his critique on it. This is my first time doing pathfinder! I've been writing/roleplaying freeform for years but only got to do tabletops on one other occasion (a 4e game I had to bow out of years ago).

Were I the ultimate decider I would make it a 1/day psi-like, but the tricky thing about Psi-Like abilities is that they always augment for the full power they can based on your level. With True Arkhamir being able to turn his Cackle lethal, I had no idea how to split up the augments and called it a day as a Supernatural ability in a rush to finish my sheet before there are too many pirates and not enough crew - if that makes sense.

P.S. True Arkhamir refers to the original Arkhamir that I write in my private stories/roleplays, seen in the introsnippet higher on the page.

Quote from: eBadger on March 25, 2015, 06:35:39 PM
Too much E to count anything that isn't a full character sheet and bio :) 

Unfinished Sheet
Arkhamir VanRooke, CN (Cerebrathrope) Male Wilder (Blasting) 6
S 8, D 15, Co 15, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 19

AC 12 (Touch 12, ff 10), HD 6d8+12HP 60, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5 PP 40

Init +2, BAB +5 (MAB +4, RAB +7), CMB 4, CMD +16, FCMD +14

Skills (6) Acrobatis 0 (2), Bluff 6 (13), Diplomacy 6 (1), Disguise (4), Intimidate (4),

Knolwedge (Geography) 6 (9), Perception 6 (9), Profession (Sailor) 6 (4), Sense Motive 6 (9),

Powers Known

0 - Empathy

1 - Inertial Armor

Feats

1 - Skill Focus - Knowledge (Geography)

Racial Feat - Psionic Talent

Bonus Feat (Surge Bond) - Psionic Talent

Bonus Feat - Modified Blast

3 - Eldrich Heritage (Arcane)

5 - Extended Blast

Bonus Feat - Psionic Mediation

Class Abilities

Wild Surge +2 (Free Surge)

Psychic Ennervation - 6pp lost

Surging Euphoria +1

Surge Bond

Improved Surge Bond

Not sure what you mean by Too much E, but here is proof and it is ultimately up to the missing DM who makes the cut.

eBadger

Quote from: Rhynarion on March 25, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Not sure what you mean by Too much E, but here is proof and it is ultimately up to the missing DM who makes the cut.

I mean I've been on E too long to count anything less than an actual character sheet and bio as 'submitted' in my comment.  People here tend to throw out interest posts like rice at a wedding.  And yes; the point I was making with the total was that we needed more submissions. 

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Rhynarion on March 25, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Under Race Builder Rules, a Supernatural / Spell Like ability is (1p x Spell level)x Number of uses.

Hideous Laughter can be a 1st or 2nd level spell, so I cut the range and made it an aura using the bard level due to the fact no Mass Hideous Laughter exists, bumping it to the equivalent of a 2nd level spell.

Really, this was just the test version I mad until our DM comes back and I can get his critique on it. This is my first time doing pathfinder! I've been writing/roleplaying freeform for years but only got to do tabletops on one other occasion (a 4e game I had to bow out of years ago).

Seems a bit low, honestly. Hideous Laughter is a 1st level Bard/2nd level Sorc/Wiz spell, but only +1 effective level for an AoE effect? Just looking at the Bard list - Mass Charm Monster is 3+ levels above Charm Monster (4 for Wizards); Mass Daze is +4 levels above Daze; Mass Cacaphonous Call is +3 levels above Cacaphonous Call. Even beneficial buff spells like Feather Step add +2 levels when transferring to their Mass versions. A Mass Hideous Laughter would be at least a 4th level Bard spell, probably a 6th level Wizard spell because Bards have a slower level progression on their spells.

The Spell-Like Ability RP option also specifies a spell that does not attack an enemy or deal damage, and this does attack an enemy. Assuming you get that lifted (which you should, it is a silly restriction), it'd be better as a 4th level SLA, much more likely to get approved.

Jackal's Cackle
Discipline: Telepathy (Compulsion, Mind-Affecting)
Level: Psion/Wilder 4
Display: Mental, Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: 30ft. radius burst centered on manifester
Target: 1 enemy/level
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Power Resistance: Yes

Description:
Functions as per the spell Hideous Laughter, except as detailed above.

That's how I would rewrite it to be PF-compliant and balanced against other multiple-target offensive abilities.