Heroes of Myth [Pathfinder - Path of War] - Interest check

Started by eternaldarkness, March 18, 2015, 11:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: rotburn on March 18, 2015, 05:49:50 PM
I'm already setting up with a Half-Elf Ranger dude. If your doing archery I'll focus on something else like a familiar with Natural weapon or two-weapon combat.

If you're going with a Ranger anyways, maybe take a look at the Ambush Hunter archetype? a Thrashing Dragon TWF ranger would be somewhat nuts, especially if you pick up the Paired Opportunist teamwork feat with your Martial Companion.

eternaldarkness

Let me just say: Do not hold back on the over-the-top awesomeness. I intend you to be epic heroes, the kinds of people who when they see armies of rampaging orogs riding Dire Magma Bears just shrug their shoulders and go 'Only one army? We should be done with this one in time or lunch.'

yaracyrrah

Y'all may know this already, but: as a Warlord I have the ability to share teamwork feats, so you'll have a partner for any teamwork feat you might select.  Also I can share my own teamwork feats with all nearby allies.  My current plan is to take Precise Strike (adds damage while flanking), but I'm all ears if something else would be more beneficial to the group.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: eternaldarkness on March 18, 2015, 06:41:58 PM
Let me just say: Do not hold back on the over-the-top awesomeness. I intend you to be epic heroes, the kinds of people who when they see armies of rampaging orogs riding Dire Magma Bears just shrug their shoulders and go 'Only one army? We should be done with this one in time or lunch.'

So, we're basically going to be playing D20 Exalted?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 18, 2015, 06:47:25 PM
So, we're basically going to be playing D20 Exalted?

Perform deeds such that the Unconquered Sun himself would feel inadequate upon hearing of them.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: eternaldarkness on March 18, 2015, 06:57:40 PM
Perform deeds such that the Unconquered Sun himself would feel inadequate upon hearing of them.

We may need more Mythic ranks for that. :D

eternaldarkness

yaracyrrah

Speaking of "early on": is there yet any basic setting information, e.g. what kind of place our characters should be in and/or what goal they should be pursuing so that the party will coalesce?

Chulanowa

So I have to ask... What are your feelings on gnolls? Kobolds? Lizardfolk?  ;D I kinda like going with monster-types when i can

eternaldarkness

Quote from: yaracyrrah on March 18, 2015, 07:08:34 PM
Speaking of "early on": is there yet any basic setting information, e.g. what kind of place our characters should be in and/or what goal they should be pursuing so that the party will coalesce?

I'm working on it as we speak. Mainly, i'm bad at names, but think sprawling gilded, cosmopolitan metropolis in a vaguely mediterranean region. Your characters will have been summoned by the king of said kingdom to take on a quest that requires real heroes - you'll be hunting down and murdering the beasts who defeated the gods themselves, a task which he and many other monarchs have sent whole armies to perform and got nothing for it but a lot of dead soldiers. The reason why you are taking on this suicidal quest is entirely up to you - fame, wealth, something to prove, to get out of jail, or maybe because you're a loyal servant of the crown, or the gods.

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 18, 2015, 07:15:58 PM
So I have to ask... What are your feelings on gnolls? Kobolds? Lizardfolk?  ;D I kinda like going with monster-types when i can

Have at it. I was going to decide what races were common and which were rare and mysterious based on your characters and backgrounds anyway, aside from the few I already mentioned.

Chulanowa

Quote from: eternaldarkness on March 18, 2015, 07:34:20 PM
Have at it. I was going to decide what races were common and which were rare and mysterious based on your characters and backgrounds anyway, aside from the few I already mentioned.

TheGlyphstone

Impending death from being crushed by Ursula's boobs is weirdly hypnotizing.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 18, 2015, 07:49:00 PM
Impending death from being crushed by Ursula's boobs is weirdly hypnotizing.

Boob crushing is how I always dreamt of dying.

TheGlyphstone

Could I have a modified Efficient Quiver with 2 compartments for storing arrows, instead of 1 arrow compartment and 1 javelin compartment?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 18, 2015, 08:55:11 PM
Could I have a modified Efficient Quiver with 2 compartments for storing arrows, instead of 1 arrow compartment and 1 javelin compartment?

Sure, that's not even really necessary though. Efficient Quivers just hold whatevers in their compartments and bring them to hand instantly when you reach in anyway.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, but the base item description has strict limits. 1 compartment that can hold 60 arrows, 1 compartment that can hold 18 javelins, 1 compartment that can hold 6 bows/crossbows. I'm never going to use javelins, so I wanted to legitimately double the arrow volume I can carry extradimensionally.

rotburn

I feel so far behind. ! I'll have to work more on this tomorrow because I keep messing up my skills. It's making me bristle.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: rotburn on March 18, 2015, 09:10:22 PM
I feel so far behind. ! I'll have to work more on this tomorrow because I keep messing up my skills. It's making me bristle.

Don't. You have plenty of time before we're even close to starting, and I won't get it going until everyone is ready to start and I flesh out the setting a bit more, which itself won't happen until I get characters and some backgrounds from all of you guys :)

rotburn

Quote from: eternaldarkness on March 18, 2015, 09:27:57 PM
Don't. tou have plenty of time before we're even close to starting, and I won't get it going until everyone is ready to start and I flesh out the setting a bit more, which itself won;t happen until I get characters and some backgrounds from all of you guys :)

Ok, I feel a bit better now :P TheGlyphstone seems on top of his game!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: rotburn on March 18, 2015, 09:31:04 PM
Ok, I feel a bit better now :P TheGlyphstone seems on top of his game!

I just love building characters and have way too much time on my hands. Don't use me as a benchmark...

Working on the background now, since mechanics are done. Does being able to hit a target at 940ft. with no penalty, and a maximum of 2260ft. at a net -6, in the middle of a windstorm, qualify as sufficiently awesome?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 18, 2015, 09:35:16 PM
I just love building characters and have way too much time on my hands. Don't use me as a benchmark...

Working on the background now, since mechanics are done. Does being able to hit a target at 940ft. with no penalty, and a maximum of 2260ft. at a net -6, qualify as sufficiently awesome?

It's a start :D I will make sure you have plenty of chances to do so, too.

TheGlyphstone

Do you have a name for the God/dess of Death in your setting yet? I plan on having a bone to pick with them.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 18, 2015, 09:38:30 PM
Do you have a name for the God/dess of Death in your setting yet? I plan on having a bone to pick with them.

The Gods
Keep in mind that none of the gods are strictly 'good' or 'evil'. They are the embodiments of their portfolios, and thus beyond concepts of good and evil, law and chaos - they act as they should, or in the case of some like Invictus, as they will. An evil person might worship Invictus for the power to inflict plague and death on his enemies, while a kindly healer could draw power from Melfia to stave off death for those whose time has yet to come. keep in mind that these six are the major deities - there are a great many lesser deities, demigods, hero-deities and minor celestials and demons descended from, spawned, or elevated by the gods.

The Gods of Light
So called because they are led by Invictus, the gods of light are not necessarily gods of goodness, but are by and large considered much better than their counterparts the Dark Gods.

Invictus - The king of the gods and the lord of Air, Law, Light and Life, Invictus is a powerful but haughty and incredibly vain deity who is famous for his fickle nature, and even though he is a deity of light and life he also has a wrathful side, and those who earn his wrath may well find themselves twisted into horrific forms or slain by bolts of celestial lightning or raging tempests. Unlike the other gods, Invictus has never shared his divine spark - he has no children, and his blessings are handed out sparingly, but nonetheless those who pray for the sun to rise each day and fear the storm pray fervently to him to. His clergy are rare, chosen from among only the the most powerful and beautiful, especially handsome men and women of radiant beauty.

Melfia - The Goddess of Death, Time, and Earth, also called The Inevitable, is said to be a terrifying being born at the moment the first Primordial died and the concept of death was conceived of by those powerful beings. Melfia's countenance is said to cause terror in even the stoutest of hearts despite her ashen beauty. Those who understand death also know that it is nothing to fear. Melfia claims only those whose time has come, and many a hero has returned from her realm to fight again as an undead warrior when his life was cut unexpectedly short. Melfia has borne a great many children with her brother and sometimes-lover Teio.

Teio - Called the Guiding Star or the Iron Hammer, Teio is the god of Fire and Fate, brother of Invictus and Melfia and the greatest craftsman and warrior of the gods. Teio is also the patron deity of adventurers, and many a hero and villain both have received some powerful weapon or magical trinket as a result of his favor. Although he is older than Invictus he is far less powerful than his radiant younger sibling and serves dutifully as his brothers right hand and the chief warrior and craftsman of the gods. Teio has even given away much of his power and his duties to other gods and even mortals- his followers are legion, and his many offspring born of both mortal and divine unions walk the earth in greater numbers than any other god except Rasmus. Of all the gods, none of them has walked the earth among mortals more often than Teio, and three separate times he has shed his godhood entirely to battle against the minions of the dark gods personally.

Dark Gods coming shortly.

Chulanowa

Well, I've got a long day ahead of me at work tomorrow, but i'll try to come up with something for this. All i know at the moment is that I have like three rogues in other games, so, i'll take a pass on those guys  ;D

Rajah

Oh, man. Have I got a Stalker for this...I'll stay melee so's not to toe-step. (Though that archery discipline is fantastic! I don't like Solar Wind's fire-focus, that's EXACTLY what ranged should be).

How do you feel about Riven Hourglass?
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)