Chrono Custodi: Red Alert (Freeform OR system based, Interest Check)

Started by Angie, March 30, 2015, 06:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

"Chono Custodi"-the name, literally translated, means "Time Guard", which is how the organization started, a bunch of warriors and wizards seeking to defend the universe from abuses to the time stream. Now their role has expanded, as rips and holes in space and time become more and more frequent, but the name stuck. Now, those holes in space and time don't happen because of villains-for the most part, those holes just naturally happen when someone uses a ton of power. The Custodi come in, patch things up (usually under the guise of "Relief Effort" as holes in reality tend to cause disasters), and leave.

"Red Alert" is not invoked lightly, however. There are levels-"Yellow" alert means that a large number of holes are popping up and everyone needs to work doubletime. "Orange" alerts are when an enemy organization is actively CAUSING said holes in reality. So what's Red Alert? Multiple enemy organizations all seeking to tear reality apart-for whatever purpose, only they know. When Red Alerts happen, the usual rules are thrown to the wayside, any interested party can join the Custodi, and it becomes all out war.

Now, this is only a small snippet of what I have planned, but I wanted to know if there was interest in this idea before I did any more. The game will involve us going around to various worlds throughout time and space and dealing with combat, diplomacy, puzzle solving, investigation, and more. Canons and OCs would both be allowed, after all, we've got a Red Alert! I'm currently debating whether to make this freeform or system based-if it was system, I'd probably used Big Eyes Small Mouth, which is kinda built for things like this, but since that particular book is damn near impossible to find I might just make it freeform.

Anyway, interest? Thoughts? Let me know!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Xurtan

That actually kind of sounds like a cool idea. No clue what I would play off hand, but.. I'll express interest, sure. I would also say I would prefer a system based game, but that's just me.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Chulanowa

Not interested, butthe BESM core book is pretty easy to get, if you don't mind reading PDF. Depending on which edition you want.

:D

Angie

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 30, 2015, 09:34:56 PM
Not interested, butthe BESM core book is pretty easy to get, if you don't mind reading PDF.

:D

And it seems I have been upstaged. Ah well.

EDIT: I was going to go with 3rd edition, actually-I like the point buy of 3e a bit more.

Xurtan

Glancing around it seems 2e and 3.5 are both really easy to find in pdf form. But 3e didn't seem to have as good of a reception. Outside of one site offering to sell it, one site showing a sample, and another with a truncated quickstart guide I'm not finding it anywhere.  :-\

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Angie

AndyZ

...oh...

Yeah, much love for the actual 3e.  But you know me.

I'd also have fun with freeform.