RP Bloopers and Out-takes

Started by Cygnus, June 28, 2008, 02:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cygnus

We've all seen them, we've all done them, most of us will even admit to them - that sneaky type-o, that phrase that sounded PEREFECT in your head until you saw it on the screen, that unintentional double meaning that turns a romantic or suggestive comment into an accidental joke...

Like that poor girl back in high school Spanish class who used the wrong verb when trying to convey her embarrassment over a mistake, and announced to the entire class that she was "very pregnant" instead...

While proof-reading a post last night, I discovered a slight omission in a line I had written that I found rather amusing, and figured it might be worthwhile to start a thread to share these gaffes with the rest of the community.

Hopefully, others will find the same humor as I did, and will add to this - after all, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? 

I guess I'll lead off with a couple of mine:

- in a post where my character was attempting to stand after suffering some serious injuries:

What I MEANT to write:
"Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself upright, grunting with the effort"

What I ACTUALLY wrote:
"Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself, grunting with the effort"

- and, proving that even the most suave, sophisticated, romantic-type characters can get tongue-tied on occasion:

(the female character/love interest):
   "You're powerful, rich, handsome...you could have any woman you want."

What I MEANT to write:
   "But, I don't want just ANY woman - I only want you"   

And, what ACTUALLY appeared:
   "But, I don't want A woman - I want you."
      (and, yes, she DID take offense)