Once Upon A Time In Mexico (Discontinued see 2.0)

Started by Norsegod1839, June 12, 2018, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Once Upon A Time In Mexico

Fairy Tale/ Cartel Mash Up

Back Story

The story is set in Mexico and Los Angeles. The main characters are the ensemble cast of the Midrano family. The Midrano family has held the seat of power in the cartel for an untold period of a hundred years. Under their watchful eye they’ve turned the criminal organization into a multi million dollar giant. Hated, Revered, and loved one thing is certain.

They hold the true power in Mexico.

Their dynasty is founded on one cardinal rule. Family is EVERYTHING otherwise known as familia lo es todo. If you’re in the cartel then you and your family is family. The cartel will have your back come hell or high water and anything in between. You do not betray your family and those that do never do so again.  This one rule binds the Cartel together and Law Enforcement Agencies around the world have been unable to break through this rock-hard foundation.

Family Make Up

The King

Played by: Norsegod

DESCRIPTION: El Rey
Fairy Tale Archetype: King Midas
Height: 5'8
Weight: 155
Sexuality: Straight
Nickname: The Don, El Tigre
Cartel Rank: Don
Signature Skill: Ruthless businessman
Signature Weapon: His mind he refuses to carry a weapon and claims no one would touch him
Bio: The head of the Madrino family is Estaphan Jorge Madrino. He’s held the seat of power (Known as the throne) for 20 years now. He took over from his father Rodrigo Licario Madrino who died of a heart attack at the age of sixty. Recently he’s moved into politics wanting a real title to go with his throne. He relies on his sons and wife to keep the less than reputable side of the family going.
Affiliation: Cartel

The Queen

Played By: Open

Carlita Isabella Madrino is the very epitome of “man behind the women”. Known by the nickname Reina de la nieve (Snow Queen) she is a woman striking a name in a man’s world. She was born into this life as her father was a minor cartel lord back in the day. Poor management and a gambling addiction drove his slice of the pie into the ground. In order to pay his debts, she was promised to Estaphan. She’s done her duty siring him two sons and one daughter while helping him expand the business. She’s embraced the life style herself keeping her own secrets from her husband. Now that the King is removing himself from his kingdom Carlita is ready and waiting to make her own move.

The Eldest Prince

Played by: Norsegod

DESCRIPTION: El lobo blanco
Fairy Tale Archetype: Prince Charming
Height: 6'2
Weight: 225
Sexuality: Straight
Nickname: The White Wolf
Cartel Rank: High lieutenant, Heir to the throne.
Signature Skill: Gunslinger
Signature Weapon: 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Bio:Mario The White Wolf Madrino the eldest son and prince of the Madrino family. Mario is a prodigy the kind of Cartel man they make movies about.

They’d probably even cast him for said movie.

He’s been learning his father business going deep into the Cartel and taking note of every level of the criminal enterprise. He insisted on starting at the bottom and has since risen as a prominent Captain in the Cartel. He’s his fathers fist, sent to enforce and maintain order. He’s known as a player but is highly romantic and intense when it comes to hunting a beautiful female.
Affiliation:Cartel

The Youngest Prince (Open)

Julian The Beast Midrano is the soft-spoken artist of the Madrino family. When he was six he was involved in an assassination attempt involving his family. The attempt left him with horrible burns on his face and a deep distaste for his father and the life. He spends most of his time running around their home town wearing a mask and hoodie and working on street art.

The Princess (Open)

Played by: Faireland

Sofia Valentina Madrino is the airheaded princess of the Madrino family. Spoiled by a doting father who lavished attention on her Sofia is a combination of sweet and sexy. She is not without her own personal drives however and cunning. Lately she has been getting into the under-ground racing scene.

The Fairy Tale Component

Cinderella

The party is on full swing at the Madrino Villa. You’re nothing but a girl from a peasant family in the area. Fleeing a bad situation your friend is able to convince you to go to the biggest party of the year.

The White Wolves Birthday Party

You godmother is able to help you with a fancy dress and heels. Your friend and you go to the party and its there that you catch the attention of the White Wolf himself! You dance the night away and have the night of your life before sneaking back to your friend’s house. You chalk it up to a onetime thing and that the White Wolf that has the lady killer reputation could never be interested in you.

Imagine your surprise when he appears outside your school the next day……

Beauty & The Beast

A young woman leaving the club is assaulted by a punch of punk thugs. They attempt to rape her but are stopped by a man in a hoodie and mask. The woman tries to thank him and talk to him but he shrugs her off and runs off into the night. Nearby she finds his street tag which only furthers her interest. Her research into the man reveals his long history of street tagging and urban artistry. She sees a pattern to it and by luck manages to figure out where he will be working next. She goes to see him and a romance bloom.

Red Riding Hood

The underground race scene is where Sofia finds herself. She crosses paths with a racer known only as the Red Wolf. He’s American but races as if he was born to. She eventually gets involved with him starting a torrid hot affair as he dominates her and takes her like no man ever has before. Eventually its revealed he is an undercover DEA agent and wants her help bringing down her family.

.................................................................................

Group Game Concept

At it's core this is an ambitious project to play fairy tale archetypes within a cartel setting. The cartel is very much like a kingdom and its citizens and business are many. The potential in the game and the wealth of characters that you can play as are TOTALLY open. From agents of various law enforcement and government institutions trying to finally take down the cartel to people just trying to survive under their thumb. While I do have some open slots for the actual family itself the recruitment is totally open as well.

The rise and fall of this dynasty is something I want to explore. Do they recover from whatever is headed their way? Do the sons tear themselves apart? Do they rise up stronger than ever? This will be a story WE create.

The Rules

1. Main characters must be eighteen years of age or older
2. No god modding
3. No Metagaming
4. Communication is KEY
5. Here to have fun
6. Here to tell a compelling story

FAQ

1. Do I have to play a member of the cartel?

No while I do have open slots for members of the Cartel family you can play anyone.

2. Do I have to be of Spanish descent?

No any and all nationalities are open

3. What about sexual preference?

Same this is a game that is open to any and all sexualities

4. Can I take one of the Cartel families and make them my own?

Yes! While I do want them to be certain Archetypes I'm not going to make any one play a certain character

5. How do the fairy tale elements come into play?

Oh boy! While you can see above I listed some Fairy Tale concepts and story beats that's the extent of it so far. Ideally I think we should all be a certain Fairy Tale Archetype of character but make it our own. You want to be Prince Charming? Then build something around that! Rapunzel so on and so forth. I'll give you an example....

Sleepy Beauty! In this game she could easily be a girl awakening from a coma whose father was once prominent in the Cartel

6. Is this a system game?

Nope! Sandbox with a lot of communication and figuring out how this story goes. I want to tell a tale primarily a tale that we all craft together using the basics of what I have created so far.

So that's it! If interested leave a comment down below.

Here is the character sheet!

[float=left][img width=400]http://IMAGE ADDRESS GOES HERE[/img][/float] 
[color=blue][size=18pt][b]DESCRIPTION:Cartel Name[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Fairy Tale Archetype:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Cartel Rank:[/b]
[b]Signature Skill:[/b]
[b]Signature Weapon:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] A short (bio of your character)
[b]Affiliation:[/b](any thing from non affiliated to any law enforcement or gang)

SweetBabyxo

Norsegod1839

Bruja Amethyst

Roleplay Status: Accepting
Storylines = 10
Response Time: = 1-3 days
Bruja Amethyst's Magical Realm
DISCORD: BrujaAmethyst#9691 - 139188212018053120

Norsegod1839

Welcome aboard Babies!

Baby Girl! Which fairy tale are you interested in?

And Sweet Baby which one are you thinking of?

Catella

|| My O/O's | Currently: Closed for stories ||

Norsegod1839

Whooo welcome aboard Catella!

Any preference or thought to your girl yet? I am still looking for some one to play the Cartel princess

Catella

Has someone already taken Carlita? She seems more my pace for this story.

Norsegod1839

Nope! Phew I was afraid I would have to play her.

I was thinking of giving her a lover with a woodsman archetype?

Catella

The evil witch, yes. Maybe her errand boy. You know, the one who gets his hands dirty...

Norsegod1839

Oh yeah! Probably an up and coming in the cartel! Is a really bad ass gets things done type.

And has fallen head over heels in love with the Evil Witch! Is she using him? Does she care? Who could say!

Catella

Plus, I look forward to writing a Latina Badass.

Because reasons.

Norsegod1839

Ha I look forward to it to! And seeing her interact with her husband!

Catella

Do you need a sheet from me before you can go ahead and lock her in for me?

Norsegod1839

I'll lock you in for her! Now that I have three I am going to go ahead and post the Character Sheet.

FaerieLand

Hello,

May I snatch the spot for the Princess, pretty please? :)
UPDATE: I know you are all expecting me to post, but I really can't right now. I will get to it as soon as I'm living a day where I am getting a decent amount of sleep. Apologies to all my lovely writing partners. xx

"So this is what it feels like?"

Norsegod1839

Of course you can! I shall put you down.

Character sheet is up as well.

Bruja Amethyst

Roleplay Status: Accepting
Storylines = 10
Response Time: = 1-3 days
Bruja Amethyst's Magical Realm
DISCORD: BrujaAmethyst#9691 - 139188212018053120

Norsegod1839

Sweet! I shall leave the beast open to see if any guy wants him! If not I will play him.

Dragongoddess

Rook Seidhr

I don't play group freeform, but this strikes me as a very clever idea and I may spectate. Good luck!

Aiden

I am interested.

I'd like to face claim Rafael Amaya and Gaston from beauty and the beast, if possible.

I am thinking either a free lance sicaro "hunter" or a weapons dealer to the family, with ties that has earned him a seat at the table (or not).

This is a sheet from another game, but I would build off of this.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21157.msg10978573#msg10978573

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Aiden on June 14, 2018, 10:19:02 PM
I am interested.

I'd like to face claim Rafael Amaya and Gaston from beauty and the beast, if possible.

I am thinking either a free lance sicaro "hunter" or a weapons dealer to the family, with ties that has earned him a seat at the table (or not).

This is a sheet from another game, but I would build off of this.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21157.msg10978573#msg10978573

How'd you like to be the best friend to Prince charming Aiden? Something of a free lancer he considered a blood brother?

And those face claims work for me!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Rook Seidhr on June 14, 2018, 09:45:05 PM
I don't play group freeform, but this strikes me as a very clever idea and I may spectate. Good luck!

Good luck to you as well! And thanks for spectating!

Norsegod1839