Exalted 2ed: The West [NC-H/E]: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS

Started by Blaze, April 15, 2009, 11:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corinthi

Hence me clearly pointing out that 'if he hangs out on my boat' and that there were other boats.

I'm just trying to establish that people on The Great Triangles' boat are there because they're either part of the Marines/Sailors or part of the Entertainers.

Paladin

wouldn't that be for TGT to decide?

Corinthi

Listen, I'm not trying to be unreasonable here. We've already established that he's the owner, I'm the captain which means I can establish certain rules while we're at sea. Given that The Fisher King's dedicated to fighting piracy and being a proper captain, that means he'd just as soon not have a heavily armed and armored Demigod upon his ship that's unwilling to follow either Elsewhere's orders or his own.

Thankfully, there are already other ships if that's too much to swallow.

Edit: Heck, give us a session and we'll give you a captured boat to do with what you like.

Paladin

Now that might not be a bad trade. How much does it cost in resources to own a boat as I may just shift some points around to take whats needed and own the other boat while someone captains it. Thats not a bad idea and it saves trouble.

Rhapsody

For a ship like a blue-water merchant?  Resources 4.  Ships don't come cheaply.  Plus Followers to crew it.  Or Allies/Retainers, if you want them to be more closely bound to you.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Paladin

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 22, 2009, 12:19:42 AM
For a ship like a blue-water merchant?  Resources 4.  Ships don't come cheaply.

I allready have resources 3. wouldn't take much of a rework to bump it to 4.

Rhapsody

It takes a bit more.  *smiles and points up* Ninja edit.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Paladin

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 22, 2009, 12:21:53 AM
It takes a bit more.  *smiles and points up* Ninja edit.

Hmm damn your ninja editing. LOL

Voichin

Paladin, we already spoke about repairing your armor, so just crash (not literary) somewhere on the Serpent. You can pretty much repay any debts by buying the food for the crew (four exalted and four elementals), providing your sword should problems arise and being helpful as a research object from time to time.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Thufir Hawat

Indeed, and I tend to be a less stringent captain ;).
Of course, that's because my character is not a pro, and he doesn't really need sailors. I would count on you not to act in a stupid or dangerous way in a dangerous situation, the rest is negotiable ;D!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Krule

Dream Shadow does subtle very well thank you.. *winks*

Rhapsody

Kohl likewise tends to fly under the radar. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

Just a quick count-up, who's on whose ship.
Voichin, TH - on Voicnin's ship.
TGT, Corinthi, Asku, Seraph - on TGT's ship.
That's what I have so far. I just need to know is this final, because if it is, the rest of you will go on a third ship ;). You can still choose one of the first two, but I need to know.
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Paladin

Thufir Hawat

Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Paladin

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

Ok, we've got only Krule to tell where he is. Remember, a new ship is always an option, if you want it ;)!
The OOC thread will be coming up tonight.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Krule

Blaze

Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Asku on April 21, 2009, 10:42:48 PM
Well, returning to everyone knowing each other.  I do beleive Triangle made mention of an acting troupe.  If he'll permit, I'll move Blessed into that group as an entertaininer.  She is talented with her pipa and voice, so she might make a nice home for herself there.

Entertainers are a great idea!  Most of my acting troupe are mediocre performers with really really good memorization skills to help them perform my plays, so a genuine artist would be quite helpful.

As for power armored maniacs, I would be willing to have people with obvious relic weapons aboard as long as they keep their weapons stashed in their quarters.  (Heck, even Seraph has a suit of gunzosha armor, although she can potentially get away with pretending to just be a commando) and equip them only when the ship is in serious danger.  Also, the realm doesn't control the west, so wyld hunts have limited jurisdiction.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Thufir Hawat

Seems like we are going to keep Paladin aboard :D!
Anyway, nobody would believe that artefact ship manned by various elementals with people walking around on the water surface and trying to paint it in the light of the sunset is a mundane ship ;). It's not how we'd enter a port, but all these Celestials at one place would act as beacon light for any Sidereal astrologist anyway. Of course, for this very same reason, we are not an easy target either...

And seriously, that's the ocean, you don't need jurisdiction to attack :P. Putting together a Wyld Hunt capable of dealing with all of us at once might prove a hard task so far from the Realm, though, or at least a slow one.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

The Great Triangle

If you've got elementals, you can at least outrun a realm ship until you've got time to go to ground in a friendly government.  Nobody in the realm likes the realm much, and they know that with the regency, the realm simply doesn't have the political might to tear an entire nation apart looking for a small group of "anathema."   

Now of course, if the we piss off the bronze faction and the sidereals get involved, we're humped, but if we piss of the bronze faction enough, eventually Kejop Kejack is just going to teleport over and wipe us out with sidereal martial arts.   ;D
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Paladin

Quote from: The Great Triangle on April 22, 2009, 07:50:36 PM
If you've got elementals, you can at least outrun a realm ship until you've got time to go to ground in a friendly government.  Nobody in the realm likes the realm much, and they know that with the regency, the realm simply doesn't have the political might to tear an entire nation apart looking for a small group of "anathema."   

Now of course, if the we piss off the bronze faction and the sidereals get involved, we're humped, but if we piss of the bronze faction enough, eventually Kejop Kejack is just going to teleport over and wipe us out with sidereal martial arts.   ;D

Yea thats completly True.

Krule

No, actually, that's an incorrect assumption, Chopek's too busy at the moment, with internal realm problems to focus too much in our direction.  Besides, the Chair of the Water Convention is Righteous Tsunami... a battles, bronze faction, but one who has declared that all factional infighting is forbidden in the west... to many other problems.  (Wyld Hunts still happen, but without sidereal support.. usually)