Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Spell on February 13, 2013, 04:53:31 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The official release art of Ninfia shows that Ninfia Sparkles. This could allude to all art being being actually its shiny form just to troll people.

Another thing to mention is that some people pointed out the ribbons of Ninfia could be alluded to Chromosomes, and that there will be a Male and Female specific Eeveelution. Would sort of blend in with the idea of Pokemon X And Y

They would have made it more obscure of a color than whats on the page if it was shiny.

I do like the idea of it having a different look depending on gender.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Caeli

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 13, 2013, 04:57:39 PM
I do like the idea of it having a different look depending on gender.

I really like that idea!

Up until now, male and female versions have pretty much not looked different unless they were considered entirely different Pokemon altogether, e.g., Nidoran's evolutions. I think maybe Nidoran may have been the exception (in that the male and female forms had the same name), but the male and female forms were still considered separate Pokemon, since they had different Pokedex entries.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Caeli on February 13, 2013, 07:18:14 PM
I really like that idea!

It would be awesome, but having to go through and add something to each Pokemon would not be my ideal of a good day on the job.

Caeli

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 13, 2013, 11:51:28 PM
It would be awesome, but having to go through and add something to each Pokemon would not be my ideal of a good day on the job.

I don't think it would have to be all of them, really. Maybe just some of them?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Caeli on February 13, 2013, 11:52:21 PM
I don't think it would have to be all of them, really. Maybe just some of them?

Yes that could work but if it is absolutely loved then the demand will skyrocket that the rest are changed as well.  And if it is a flop everyone will just fanboy/girl previous generations and say this and that was better and so on... Oh wait that already happens.

Wolfy

New Pokemon Revealed...Honedge!

It's a Steel/Ghost Pokemon..that's a sword! @_@

It unsheathes itself when going into battle.

Inkidu

$00pah NiN10Doh! - Pokémon

Still relevant, actually a problem becoming quite prevalent. :D

They're out of ideas, let's face it. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vorian

While I enjoyed Black version, given the way they've handled legendaries in genereations 4 and 5 I'm not sure I'm interested enough to pay for a 3DS for this.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

SinXAzgard21

Inkidu

I think it's one of the greatest ironies of video gaming in general that people will decry that Call of Duty and Madden never changed and are cookie cutter adding a few neat new features or what have you.

Then they go out and buy the latest Pokemon game. -__-
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

King Serperior

Just gonna say that X and Y, I like them.  I cannot wait until October and I have reserved a copy of each.  I think they will be amazing.

Major Pokémon fan, as you can see by my Username here  :/

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Inkidu

I mean I like pokemon, but I tend to like the gen 1 and 2, the ones I played as a kid. I played Ruby and it just didn't have the same magic, plus the goal of collecting like 400 plus pokemon was nuts. With the collection goal kind of unrealistic for me, and the story changing very little between iteration it was hard for me to care. :\

Kunoichi

I plan to give Gen 6 a shot, as well, since it looks like they're continuing the recent trend of actually trying new things with the series.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Wolfy on July 05, 2013, 10:11:01 AM

New Pokemon Revealed...Honedge!

It's a Steel/Ghost Pokemon..that's a sword! @_@

It unsheathes itself when going into battle.
And does it KILL other pokemon?  I'd it's got an edge, after all.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 07, 2013, 07:16:03 AM
And does it KILL other pokemon?  I'd it's got an edge, after all.
Honedge wins! FATALITY!

(Decapitation, decapitations as far as the eye can see!)

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Wolfy

SinXAzgard21

SweetSerenade

What I'd like to see in a Pokemon game is Evolution based on regions you are in. Like for instance, the Evolution that may be happening for Farfetched... Perhaps it's never evolved in ANY of the other regions because of some strange climatic difference in those areas. Wherever this new pokemon game will be.

I must admit, the moment I couldn't return to Kanto - I lost all interest in pokemon games. Also, the cost of the handhelds you played them on became ridiculous. I'm not going to spend over 100 bucks on ONE handheld, to play ONE or two games.

Also the Eevelution debate. That doesn't look like a Normal type to me. I'd ex out a bug type, to be honest because it looks to mammalian. I'm actually going to lean towards Dragon type, simply because the way it looks leaves a very 'milotic' like view/taste in my mouth. A Dragon Eeevelution would be awesome.

I'd really like if the Pokemon games found some way to connect all the regions. I mean seriously, their is pokemon of many types in each of the different regions - and some regions share pokemon types. So obviously they are all on the same freaking planet. Someone can't tell me that there was never some idiot that decided to get on his flying pokemon and just keep flying over the water till he reached land...

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Kunoichi

Actually, it's been officially confirmed that Sylveon is of the new Fairy type that's being added to the game. ^^; It's going to be super-effective against Dragon types, interestingly enough, though information hasn't been released yet on how it interacts with other types in the game.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 11, 2013, 01:14:54 AM
Actually, it's been officially confirmed that Sylveon is of the new Fairy type that's being added to the game. ^^; It's going to be super-effective against Dragon types, interestingly enough, though information hasn't been released yet on how it interacts with other types in the game.

Someone mentioned it's name as something else. If I had seen the name Sylveon I would have instantly put it in the 'fae' family.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Kunoichi

The original Japanese name for it is Nymphia, though it was initially translated as Ninfia, or something similar to that.

Interestingly, much like how Magnemite and its evolutionary line got a secondary Steel typing once that type was introduced, it looks like there are a few old Pokemon getting secondary Fairy typings, as well.  Thus far, we've got confirmation for Gardevoir, Jigglypuff, and Marill, and I'd honestly be pretty surprised if Clefairy didn't wind up with a secondary Fairy typing, as well.

Also, Flabébé and Peropuff are going to be new Fairy-type Pokemon.

...I suspect there are going to be quite a few complaints about Peropuff's design. >>;

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Suiko

Do people know about www.pokemonxy.com ? Its the official site - all the new pokemon and trailers and stuff.

Just to add, I've been hyped about the release since January. Time just doesn't move fast enough. ><
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

ShadowFox89

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Far better place to get your information, because it includes sources from overseas before the information is "officially" released.
Call me Shadow
My A/A