Dragon Souls -- Dragon-Powered Magical Guardians in Modern-Fantasy World

Started by MyttraDW, May 15, 2024, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyttraDW

The world itself is magic. The core of the world is a crystal that burns with endless aetheric energy, which thus imbues the planet and everything on it with its power. From this power was born the dragons. Each dragon was given – by the primordial dragon, first dragon and guardian of magic – dominion over an element. fire, water, earth, air, metal, plant, light, dark, and beyond. Together, the dragons created the world. 

Once the world was made, the mortals took their home upon it. Unlike the dragons, mortals were not born with any connection to an element, but to the core itself. This allowed mortals the ability to cast, and what’s more, create magic. However, the great evil – jealous of the core – sent agents to destroy the world. Mortals fought back, valiantly. But on their own, they were no match for agents of the great evil. So the dragons gifted a chosen few humans the power to use even more powerful elemental magic, to control the element, devour it, grow in strength... and fight.

This was long ago. The Dragon Souls have long since passed on. The world has advanced far beyond its earlier capabilities. But the great evil has been watching, waiting, growing in power… the time has come for new Dragon Souls…

Hello! Throwing out this idea to see if anyone would be interested! Essentially, this will be a freeform RP in a modern-fantasy world. Lots of major technology we have now exists (such as smartphones, cars, music players...). Guns don't exist, however, with weapons beyond magic being swords, bows, etc.

The characters will be young adult (or above), and there won't be many restrictions on what the character can be (though we will all be members of the same magic guild). However, given that they are gifted a dragon scale at or before the beginning of the RP, they won't be allowed to use any magic outside of the element of their dragon. This magic can be used in various ways, depending on the element, but one major difference is that Dragon Souls tend to coat their bodies and fight directly, unlike other mages who use their magical techniques and/or weaponry to fight but with them as separate entities.

The plot will generally be to fight against agents of the great evil.

(The character may change depending on other happenings in the planning of the RP)
Player: Mytty
Name: Samael Et Therun "Sam"
Race: Human-Wolfman Hybrid
Element: Ice

Samael is the second prince of the Elkain kingdom, born to the king and a mistress. His position often annoys him, as he wishes to be treated as a normal person rather than the royalty he is. As such, he moved into the dorms of the Elkain college when he was accepted, and has made efforts to hide his true identity to friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, his older brother is making it rather clear he does not desire to be king, and as such, Sam might be forced to give up his preferred lifestyle...

AndyZ

Marking this to look into.  I'm guessing you have to play a mortal and not a dragon?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    Advice for GMs on Elliquiy

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

FyreFoxx

This is something that's piqued my interest and will be tentatively watching. Not sure I have space but the premise is cool.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 How To Stoke The Fyre (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Den of Iniquity (World Building)

MyttraDW

Quote from: AndyZ on May 16, 2024, 01:46:38 PMMarking this to look into.  I'm guessing you have to play a mortal and not a dragon?
Yes, we're Dragon Souls, which are mortals granted dragon scales to use their power. We're not the dragons themselves 

Corvus Asellia

MyttraDW

Some things that I've figured out: When someone is born, their magic is weak and aimless. And once they choose a path of magic to follow, that's the only path they can follow. Their magic is imprinted with it. Idk if I explained that well

@AndyZ @FyreFoxx @Corvus Asellia 
I'd love to have you! And I should have put this in the opening post, but do you guys prefer OOC on Discord or E?

AndyZ

My personal preference is Discord but it's absolutely not required.  I need to think on things.

Thinking about a cute intersex bunny girl but I don't really know what I'd play.  I have to give it some thought and see if I get more inspiration.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

MyttraDW

Quote from: AndyZ on May 16, 2024, 10:51:41 PM

My personal preference is Discord but it's absolutely not required.  I need to think on things.

Thinking about a cute intersex bunny girl but I don't really know what I'd play.  I have to give it some thought and see if I get more inspiration.
To be honest I was thinking I'd have Sam be a trans girl... I'm wanting to explore... yeah...

If you have any questions, let me know :)

AndyZ

This gets confusing, but, none of my player characters really fit cis or trans.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.msg16724063#msg16724063

Not even sure if this is the kind of game where genderbending will happen, but, it's a good thing to know about me ^_^

MyttraDW

I wasn't meaning anything by it, just kinda... was saying it so people could know, I guess

AndyZ

shengami

OK, I'll watch things here. I, too, am not sure I have any free time, but...
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Corvus Asellia