News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Sudden darkness and screams coming from everywhere followed by the sound of overturned furniture and what could only be someone, probably Remiel, falling over something all ended with an acrid smell in the air and gasps of fear and amazement as the lights suddenly flashed on and Luna stood there before them.  BeMi smiled as she looked closely at the resurrect wizard and nodded in satisfaction.

"Welcome back," she call from her seat at the table.  "I hope you've brought good tidings or information with you, dear." 

A look around the room and pauses to study faces and saw that a vote for either Kendra or Sasha would likely put paid to one of them.  Wizard or Death Eater?  One of them or both?  Good or bad?  Light or dark?  Sasha or Kendra or neither?  Warty toads and heaving boggarts what was a witch to do? 

Remiel?

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tally:

Kendra 5
Sasha 4
Kythia 1
Niferbelle 1
Aiden 1
Remiel 2
James Moriarty 1

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, James Moriarty, ThatRPGuy

Yet to Vote for MoM: (please get your PMs in soon!)

MCsc

LAST CALL
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Aiden

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

James Moriarty

Sarena

Voting Results

Congratulations Niferbelle! You have been elected the new Minster of Magic in what was a very close race. 

With the business of Minister out of the way, the wizards again aimed their wands, acting as one.  Kendra's please of her innocence fell on deaf ears and soon, she was no more. There was no dark mark on her forearm, nothing in her office to indicate she was anything more than another wizard, here only to help protect the wizarding world from another dark threat.

Night Phase Begins

Those of you with night abilities, you know what to do. 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Kythia

Kythia sat at an out of the way desk in the ministry, quill in hand.  "Minister Niferbelle" she said, being one of those who spoke aloud as they wrote.  "I wish to offer my sincerest congratulations on your new appointment.  Both Mr Waddles and myself sincerly...hmmm.  Used sincere a lot there, Mr Waddles.  Can you think of a synonym?"

Quack

"What?  I know I'm a witch, I don't really see how that's...  oh, I get you."  She drew her wand and tapped the parchment with a mutter of Thesaurus and the "sincerly" morphed to "honestly".  "Yes, that's much better.  Now, Both Mr Waddles and myself honestly believe that under your leadership our chances to survive these dark times are marginally better than if we'd elected a Crinkleworm as our leader.  So you have our sincere.  Bugger.  ThesaurusSo you have our heartfelt support.  Yours, K and W(Mr)."

She snapped her fingers and a house elf appeared.  "See that this gets to Minister Niferbelle please.  And then I shall take several Butterbeers in my room.  I believe the Death Eaters will still be expecting a defense and lying drunkenly unconscious on my bed when they burst in will give me the edge I need to defeat them.  Incidentally, does anyone know what happened to that idiot apprentice?  Starman or Harlestar or whatever his name was?"

Quack

"Did he?  Well, that is odd."

Sarena

Night Four Results:

A cold rain pelted the sidewalks outside the Ministry of Magic.  There was no sun when morning came, only the dark grey clouds that rolled across the sky.  A nervous house elf came up to tug at the robes of one of the wizards present and delivered the news.  It seemed someone had slipped poison into Kythia's Butterbeer the night before, and this unlucky house elf had been the one to find her, not passed out drunk in her bed....but dead.  Whoever responsible and pulled the sleeve of her robe up to leave her Dark Mark exposed, revealing her as a Death Eater.

No other victims were found this morning.  It seemed either the Healer or the Dark Arts Expert had been busy the night before.  Lady Fortune had smiled upon the wizards this morning, but would she continue to do so?

VOTE!!!

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
James Moriarty
Luna
MCsc
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x2-5

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
The Impostor
Death Eaters x1-3

persephone325

Persephone was first to hear the news of Kythia's death and betrayal. She was right. The gut feeling she had about Kythia was right... But yet, nobody else seemed to sense that, despite the obvious signs of her behavior.

Another Death Eater gone, thank goodness. She breathed a sigh of relief and patted Athena's head. But there were still other deceivers among them... Thinking long and hard, Sephie couldn't understand why any witch or wizard would want to turn to the dark side. Athena rubbed up against her, and her purring soothed Persephone's mind.

A sudden thought invaded her mind. I hope we did not make a mistake in appointing Niferbelle as our new MoM, seeing as her predecessor was a traitor... Persephone hoped she was wrong.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

To say that Remiel was shocked when Kythia turned out to be a Death Eater would have been the understatement of the year.  He was floored.  No, worse than that--he was through the floor and hanging out in the basement, where all the spiders of surprise spun little webs of absolute jaw-dropping nonplussment.    Presumably to catch the flies of gobsmackery, but that would just be carrying a pun too far.

"Why, Kythia, why?" said the flambuoyant wizard, kneeling at her bedside.  "I know that I always brushed you off for my legions of fanwitches, but you were always... *sniff* Always... *sniff, honk, sniff sniff* ...the one in my heart.   I should have told you so.  I should have acknowledged your advances.   Then you wouldn't have turned to...resorted to...."

He collapsed, sobbing, but of course he did so in a very handsome and very photogenic manner. 

"That does it!" he vowed, jumping to his feet with a new sense of purpose.  "I will make sure you are avenged.  I will find the Death Eaters who corrupted you, who took advantage of your tragically heart-broken state to seduce you to their side!  As Merlin is my witness, Mr. Waddles will never go hungry again!"

So saying, he tucked the annoyed duck under his arm and left to do things.  Grand, important things.  Things only a proper custodian of Mr. Waddles could accomplish.

Aiden

Aiden watched with a raise brow as Remiel stormed off with the duck under his arms. "I don't want to know...." He shook his head as he took a seat and began looked around to the rest around them."My guess is as good as any at this point...Biggleworth you have been rather quiet lately."

Sasha

Sasha's eyes widen when she found that indeed in fact ...Kythia had indeed been a nasty Death Eater ...just as she had thought all along . Wondering where that silly duck had gotten off too .....he would make a nice soup . He didn't actually talk the woman was out of her mind with a madness . She just the right herbs in stash to rub over it's flesh too ....just had to cut off its head , pluck all those feathers . It would be an all day affair but yes indeed ....Duck Stew was going to be her's this night as she licked her lips .

Tilting her head as she looked around ...now ...seeing Remiel was taking off with the duck . " Oh ....I see Remiel ....come to save the Dark Lord have you ....is he diguised as the DUCK ?" pointing to the Duck tucked under his arm . Grinning like a cat that swallowed the carnary as she continued with a gleen in her eye ...how dare he take her planned supper . " I think your just full of yourself ....several days back you sway your hips and wish to be proclaimed MOM for WHAT ....your dastardly good looks alone ?  Then as the women who see through your veil of perfection begin to fall one by one .....oh yes ...I think your the one up to NO GOOD . Pretending to be all the suave gentleman .....BAHHHH . "  throwing her arms up into the air.

Fat chance she was going to get that damn duck from him now ....not about to stoop to begging for it . She crossed her arms in front of her and marched over to pout at the side . Damn Wizard anyways ....always meddling .

Remiel

Remiel seemed nonplussed by Sasha's accusation.

"The Dark Lord? Mr. Waddles?  You're not the Dark Lord, are you, old chap?" he turned to the address the duck.

QUACK. QUACK QUACK QUACK

"Mr. Waddles says that he is certainly not the Dark Lord, thank you very much.  He does, however, say that he wouldn't mind being addressed as the Duck Lord. "

QUACK

"Oh, and he does not appreciate your attempts to eat him either, Sasha.  What kind of witch would eat someone's familiar?  Only a Death Eater, that's who."

QUACK

"Yeah, you tell her, Mr. Waddles."

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth came into the hall with the others, and immediately looked towards Aiden with an annoyed stare, and pointed his charred wand at him for a moment before speaking. 

"I have no doubt that Remiel lost his mind long ago, he's inhaled far too many fumes in his potion lab ... but while the others seem to be throwing around accusations aimlessly, at least his was rational - Sasha is a death eater, I can feel it in my bones."

Sasha

Glancing over to Mr Bigglesworth .

"Ohhh yes .....that's it ....I am a death eater ......"  Sasha spat out with a hiss .  Foolish bunch of male wizards around here no wonder the Dark Lord was attacking the women of this realm the men were all fools .  " Bahhh ....your both fools ....with nothing to base that accusation on . " as she waved her hand dismissing them . Though inside she might of been more delighted than she could possible admit ....she had been living amoung them all for years now , pretending to be one of them . Now they gave her so much importance and capabilities it was indeed amusing .

Being chastised for wanting to eat that fricking duck ...the anger grew inside despite the grave circumstances she couldn't help herself as she responded once again to Remiel . " DO tell ....Why wouldn't one wish to eat a duck . Last time I checked it was an animal well worth the time it took to cook . Are you saying ...anyone that enjoys the fine taste of poultry suddenly has a craving to eat wizards in the night . Far cry from sucking the soul out of someone and leaving their lifeless body lay on the ground ...don't you think . "

As she laughed out into the man's face . " Minister of Muggle affairs ......what a hoot , you wouldn't know a muggle if they walked up and slapped you in the face . Your mind is so wraped up into it's own egotistical affairs. You may be a handsome devil ....but indeed not much going on upstairs . "  rolling her eyes now . Idiots calling her a death eater of all things . To think she used to swoon when that man walked into a room inside ...never again .

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Sasha 4
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Remiel 4

Yet to Vote:

Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Luna, MCsc, Niferbelle, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Beguile's Mistress

"Web-footed nut case," BeMi muttered to herself as she nibbled a fresh Dicker's Noodle and some of that muggle brew they called coffee.  She was becoming quite addicted tot he stuff!

"Hmmmm?  No.  Not you, Mr. Duck Lord.  I'm talking about that walking clothes peg you've attached yourself to.  Yes.  Remiel!"

Maybe she was becoming too addicted to the coffee.  Ya think?

Teo Torriatte

I'm thinking it might be Mr. Waddles. But since he is just a duck (I think), I'm gonna say Remiel.

Teo Torriatte

Missy

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

James Moriarty

James wandered the halls of the Ministry.  At times, he found himself rather lost -- it had been a long time since he had come to this place regularly.  Also, it seemed rather empty these days -- fear of a sudden death curse will do that.

Turning a corner, he found himself back with the group of wizards he was coming to know so well.  Hearing the news of Kythia, he shook his head sadly.  "She was far too fair to have been a death eater -- the influence of that duck must have corrupted her from her innards out."  At this though, he spared a cautious gaze at Remiel, but then came to his senses.  "No wizard as fair, and benevolent, and kind, and dashing, and upstanding and rich as Remiel could possibly be a death eater."  He felt sure of this, but then, so many things were uncertain these days.

"No, I think it must be Sasha -- she is extremely wily, and her words cast the strangest spell on me.  She is a Parcelmouth, for sure."

Niferbelle

Clearly Niferbelle's new position was not making things any cklearer and if she wasn't fending off ass-kissers she was unsuccessfully trying to bring order into the chaos of her contemporaries. At last she decided she could only let them dither and watch, looking for any clues that might ferret out another Deatheater, or even the Dark Lord himself. Wouldn't that be a coup under her ministry?

"I know I said before that Remiel wasn't clever enough to be pretending to be such an idiot but I've changed my mind. I think he has an agenda."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Sasha 4
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Remiel 5

Yet to Vote:

Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Last call coming soon. But not quite yet.  I'd like to wrap this up within the next 12 to 18 hours, if at all possible.