News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"If this is a creature of this realm I will go first," the ogre said as Mae'lar took off again. "Conventional weapons will have no effect on them."

Lady Temptress

( Sorry for the wait hun. ) Hannah nods her head and she greatly lets them go first. " What about swords, daggers & bow & arrows? Will those weaponry work?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Use them as a last resort," the ogre replied as the door opened as the approached. "Stay behind me, I can sense the creature but if you lose sight of me you could become lost within its walls with ease."

Lady Temptress

" We will do as you request to both statements." Hannah says to the orge as they remain behind him and follow him.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He stopped for a moment, raining a giant hand and uttering something under his breath. In a moment the lights in the massive hallway they had entered had been lit by flames. There were two doors on each wall of the immense room. The ogre raised a claw, pointing to the left-hand door on the far wall. "He is through there."

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks around as curioisty peeks within her gaze and she nods her head.." Aye."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As they walked towards the door a faint singing could be heard from somewhere nearby. "Cover your ears," the ogre growled under his breath. "Take it from me you don't want to know the source of the singing." It seemed to be coming from one of the doors to their left.

Lady Temptress

Hannah tilts her head and she arches her brows up at the orge, then she gave a nod of her head. " As you wish. " she takes a side glance towards Jake & Merlin, then the girl covers her ears with the palms of her hands.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't understand," Jake shouted. "What are they?" The volume of the singing had increased to the point where they could hear nothing else. Suddenly the ogre slammed his spear down, causing a sudden flash of light. When it cleared the singing was inaudible again.

"The spell won't hold them for long," the ogre said. "Run for the door and get through it, I'll be with you in a few moments."

Lady Temptress

She listens closely to the orge and to Jake, as Merlin remains silent for once. Hannah nods her head and they all run to the door as they way for the orge to join them.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What were those things?" Jake asked Merlin, guessing he might know more and guessing correctly.

"They're called Time Banshees," Merlin replied. "There are many more legends about their kind than I have the time to describe. It is said they can drag their victims into the holes between space, and few if any can escape their clutches."

Lady Temptress

Hannah stands there quietly and she listens to their discussion.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

The ogre reappeared, seemingly unscathed. "My apologies, it is a long time since I set foot in here, I forgot that other being live within its walls."

Lady Temptress

" Its alright. We are becoming very used to surprises on this quest of a journey."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They took a step forward and the room around them suddenly altered, they seemed to be hanging in space, surrounded by stars with no sign of solid ground.

"Focus on the doorway," the ogre said, pointing to the door visible in the distance. "This is one of the traps designed to stop thieves the more you think about the surroundings the more likely you will fall and if you fall not even I can rescue you from this."

Lady Temptress

she nods her head and she focuses on the door as she follows the others.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As they neared the door they found themselves back in the room again, Merlin and Jake letting out a sigh of relief as they found themselves on firm ground again. The ogre opened the door, and the sight in front of them made them freeze. It was a room filled with young dragons, all asleep, with only a path small enough to walk single file between them.

Lady Temptress

Hannah looks at the little dragons who are so very cute and she follows behind Jake & the rest.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Tread very carefully," the ogre whispered as they picked a path between them.  "I guarantee if one of them wakes the entire room will wake too."

"But this is surely some kind of trap?" Jake asked. "These aren't really dragons."

"I can tell you they are real," the ogre replied. "But if you want to try and test it you're welcome to wake them up and deal with the consequences."

Lady Temptress

she nods her head and Hannah watches and listens as she stands by Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake caught sight of the immense claws one of the dragons had and only took a moment to think about it. "Y'know what, I'm fine with letting these guys sleep."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she agrees with Jake. " Aye, same here."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"How can you tell they're real?" Merlin asked, a note of curiosity in his voice.

"All dragons are creatures of magic," the ogre replied. "The amount of magic I sense in this room could not be caused by an illusion."

Lady Temptress

Hannah watches and listens as she looks around over at the dragons.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Wait, I se-" Jake started to say before the ogre clapped a hand over his mouth, glaring sternly and pointing upwards so the others could see what Jake had spotted. High above them was what appeared to be a huge black mass, but as part of it moved it became obvious of flock of immense bats were above them.

"Avoid making a loud noise," the ogre whispered. "If those things realise we're here we all die. Just keep walking and hope we get to the door unnoticed."