Looking for games epic in scope

Started by Inkidu, December 15, 2013, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Title kind of says it all, but I'm looking for a game that's just epic in scope, a big sprawling adventure. I don't really care about the genre. I just feel like losing myself in a good game that's really well thought out lore-wise, or even has a lore worth reading.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Null

Oblivion is the greatest example of what you are looking for ( least in my opinion ) the world is massive and open, and the lore is plentiful and extremely interesting. Skyrim and morrowind  to mind, but I think oblivion is best.
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Inkidu

Quote from: Null on December 15, 2013, 03:12:52 PM
Oblivion is the greatest example of what you are looking for ( least in my opinion ) the world is massive and open, and the lore is plentiful and extremely interesting. Skyrim and morrowind  to mind, but I think oblivion is best.
Okay, my bad. I've played all the Elder Scrolls games. Those don't count. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Null

Then I guess.... Dragon age? That's a game you can lose yourself in... Um.... Grand theft auto 5? XD
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Inkidu

Quote from: Null on December 15, 2013, 03:51:07 PM
Then I guess.... Dragon age? That's a game you can lose yourself in... Um.... Grand theft auto 5? XD
Played both.

HairyHeretic

The Mass Effect trilogy? I've heard good things about it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 15, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
The Mass Effect trilogy? I've heard good things about it.
Played all of them.

Now you see my dilemma...

It's hard to find many games like that. :\

Null

I'm struggling here man.... Um.... Minecraft? Gah. That's all I got.

Inkidu

Quote from: Null on December 15, 2013, 04:00:20 PM
I'm struggling here man.... Um.... Minecraft? Gah. That's all I got.
Eh... I've only ever been able to play the pocket edition.

Sel Nar

Red Dead Redemption.

Deus Ex (1 or HR).

The Thief Trilogy.

Fallout, 2, and New Vegas.

HairyHeretic

Bioshock? Assassins Creed? I haven't played either of them, but again, heard good things.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on December 15, 2013, 04:07:54 PM
Red Dead Redemption.

Played it.

QuoteDeus Ex (1 or HR).
Played it.

QuoteThe Thief Trilogy.
Can't get a hold of it. Might not run on my computer too.

QuoteFallout, 2, and New Vegas.
Played it.

Harry: Played and and played.

HairyHeretic

That pretty much exhausts my suggestions. I'm more of a strategy gamer myself :)

Have you considered the SWTOR MMO. It's FtP now, if you don't mind the restrictions, and some of the class storylines are pretty decent. Might not be quite as in depth as you want, but could give you a temp fix :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 15, 2013, 04:22:03 PM
That pretty much exhausts my suggestions. I'm more of a strategy gamer myself :)

Have you considered the SWTOR MMO. It's FtP now, if you don't mind the restrictions, and some of the class storylines are pretty decent. Might not be quite as in depth as you want, but could give you a temp fix :)
Can't do MMOs.

Who says their aren't epic strategy games?

Null

Any fire emblem? They are usually huge games with lots of lore.

Inkidu

Quote from: Null on December 15, 2013, 04:36:07 PM
Any fire emblem? They are usually huge games with lots of lore.
I've got a few but I've played all I've got.

Chris Brady

Batman; Arkham City?  Arkham Origins?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Inkidu on December 15, 2013, 04:23:36 PM
Can't do MMOs.

Fair enough

Quote from: Inkidu on December 15, 2013, 04:23:36 PM
Who says their aren't epic strategy games?

There are, but they're not really storyline ones :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 15, 2013, 05:07:06 PM
Fair enough

There are, but they're not really storyline ones :)
Well. They might not have a good story, but their are ones that craft a world of scope and substance. :)

Lux12

Not sure if they qualify, but Dragon Age Origins, Borderlands 2, and The Witcher 2.

Inkidu

Quote from: Lux12 on December 15, 2013, 05:15:19 PM
Not sure if they qualify, but Dragon Age Origins, Borderlands 2, and The Witcher 2.
Played it, don't like the series, and played it respectively.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Inkidu on December 15, 2013, 05:10:04 PM
Well. They might not have a good story, but their are ones that craft a world of scope and substance. :)

A world? I prefer 4X games where I can conquer many worlds, species etc etc ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die